PDA

View Full Version : IDEAS PLEASE!

sally
September 21st, 2010, 07:30 PM
What can I do with a turnover and charm pack? Nothing too hard:icon_wave:

middlesis1966
September 21st, 2010, 07:40 PM
:icon_wave::icon_wave:Mail them to me, lol. :lol::lol: Try some coasters using the new tut on quilt as you go. Umm candle mats. I know hillbilly has an easy candle mat tut on her blog. It is super easy to do. OOO I just remembered. On her tut she does a candle mat and a table runner out of a charm pack. So if your just wanting to do candle mat read it carfully. You can email me and Ill send ya my addy, lol.

pdjewelrylady
September 21st, 2010, 08:20 PM
AHAH!! did you get some deals today??? for the charm pack i am looking forward to a snowball quilt. Turnovers are for fun windmills! I made one last spring from a "snippets" pack (had to add some yardage) was super easy! Tutorial by jenny is called stack and whack - picture in my albums......:D OF COURSE this is after you are completed with your Christmas Stars . right?? ;)

jrchapman
September 21st, 2010, 08:32 PM
They did a fantastic tutorial a while ago for a friendship star. I think it uses a charm pack and turnovers and it looks really easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXDO8l84Jis

craftyladysam
September 21st, 2010, 11:32 PM
Sally, does your turnover and charm pack match or just go together?:D
I didn't know whether to buy the same pattern in both or just so they go together. Stupid question? LOL

Utahquilter
September 21st, 2010, 11:54 PM
What can I do with a turnover and charm pack? Nothing too hard:icon_wave:

Do you know about www.modabakeshop.com? also, I found out that Turnovers have been discontinued so get them while you can. I just a couple for half price at www.greenfairy.com

Utahquilter
September 23rd, 2010, 08:41 PM
Do you know about www.modabakeshop.com? also, I found out that Turnovers have been discontinued so get them while you can. I just a couple for half price at www.greenfairy.com

I meant www.greenfairyquilts.com

hillbilly
September 25th, 2010, 11:48 PM
also, I found out that Turnovers have been discontinued so get them while you can. I just a couple for half price at www.greenfairy.com

What?? and I am getting ready to do a tute all about turnovers. Oh man, and it was going to be so good too. It was going to be a sampler showing several triangly blocks. I have been planning it for awhile. I sure wish my life would settle down a bit and let me sew a stitch or two!

Wow, now I'm bummed. Turnovers are made from 6" squares (I think..it's been a couple of weeks since I looked at it). Charms are 5" squares, so there really isn't a way to adapt my pattern from pre-cuts.

Phooey. :icon_angry:

toggpine
September 26th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Well! That sucks that they have discontinued Turnovers. I guess they will explore other shapes and sizes now. They have the "candybar" rectangles.
Glad I got my "Snippets" Turnovers when I did!

hillbilly
September 26th, 2010, 09:11 AM
What?? and I am getting ready to do a tute all about turnovers. Oh man, and it was going to be so good too. It was going to be a sampler showing several triangly blocks. I have been planning it for awhile. I sure wish my life would settle down a bit and let me sew a stitch or two!

Wow, now I'm bummed. Turnovers are made from 6" squares (I think..it's been a couple of weeks since I looked at it). Charms are 5" squares, so there really isn't a way to adapt my pattern from pre-cuts.

Phooey. :icon_angry:

NO Worries...not that you were. But I was. It sure did my brain some good to worry about something trivial during the night for a change. And I got it!! I will adapt the tutorial to a layer cake. Of course it will require some changes, and you know me...if I design something I have to use EVERY piece cuz I don't like having extra scraps I'll never use. Ooohhh something new to design. How fun! Must get me a layer cake now. Never bought one of those before. Oh, I am so sorry. I went :icon_offtopic: shame on me! :icon_slap::icon_slap: