• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • auntiemern
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2012

A Tribute To My Mom

As many of you know, tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my mom passing. She was, and forever will be, a true St. Louis Cardinal fan. The wonderful people of Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, payed tribute to her today, by posting pics of her one of a kind, they had never seen anything like this before, funeral pics. There is nothing morbid or unsettling in any of the photo's, just the way a true Cardinal Fan goes out in style. Thanks for letting me share this with you. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9900590&type=1 She was difinately a one of a kind lady. I promise you will not be offended by anything you will see in these pics. They did my momma proud. RIP Mom, aka Naomi M. Skaggs.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic
  • lilmouse
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2011

Re: A Tribute To My Mom

Sorry for your loss and yes they did your Mom up proud...thanks for sharing...I hope it brings you some comfort.

Comment

• auntiemern
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2012

Sorry about the double post. Rhonda must have been doing hers at the same time.
      Originally posted by lilmouse View Post
      Sorry for your loss and yes they did your Mom up proud...thanks for sharing...I hope it brings you some comfort.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

• sewbizzy
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2012

Marilyn, I watched the tribute and it was awesome...so sorry for your loss...
        Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

• janluna
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2009

My heart is with you Marilyn. I know how hard it is. I lost my Mom in Feb., 1991, and my Dad on Mother's Day in 1992. And while it has been a long time ago, Those days are vivid. The pain will ease, and the good memories will come forward, and She will be with you always. I can listen to Mom's voice everyday. In everything I do. When I make her peanut butter fudge, I hear her voice in my ear. "Watch the time" or when I do the laundry, "whites first young lady" Even sometimes, when I have been working up a sweat, and I go in and just wash up to feel fresher, I hear,"don't forget your neck and ears!" She had a beauty shop or Salon as they say now. I wash my hair, and hear, "sigh..... doesn't that feel wonderful?" She was a wonderful seamstress so when I sew, I know she is watching my stitches. When I crochet, it's my Grammie that steps in. LOL It gets busy in my head! LOLOL I hear my Dad, and my Grandpa. How I miss them. I even hear my Aunt Jane, and Aunt Peg. Always triggered by something I'm doing or listening to. When I play with my parrots, my Uncle Howard comes to me. "Net Jane, I'll be D***ed, Jane look at what your niece can do with those birds!" So, you see, they will all be with you. At any given moment. Jesus said, " In my Father's house, there are many mansions, I go before you to prepare a place." That's all your Mom is doing, she is helping prepare a place for you, and the rest of her family. With that, I'll go. Love you Marilyn, it will get easier. And every time the Cardinals score she'll be cheering! Hugs, Jan L.
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• MRoy
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2011

The tribute is lovely. You're in my thoughts today. My mom passed away 4 years ago. Like Jan said, it does get easier and the good memories will help to carry you through until you see her again.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• heavnli62
              Block Queen
              • Apr 2012

So beautiful, thanks for the share. I have lost both parents as well. Sometimes when something happens in my life that I would have normally shared with my Mom, I catch myself reaching for the phone to call her. Funny how habits remain with us, it is those habits and all the wonderful memories that carry you each day. My thoughts are with you today....

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2011

Very lovely tribute. My thoughts are with you.
                Donna
                MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• EnumclawGramma
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2012

Lovely tribute Marilyn. We never really stop missing our Moms. My Mama was my best friend and I think of her every day. I really wish she were here to see the quilts I've made and how big my Grandbabies are getting....
                  sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• HandsOffItsMine
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2011

(((Marilyn))) hugs, love and strength for today, dear friend. What a beautiful tribute your Mom had, she obviously was a grand lady. I'm next to you in spirit, holding your hand, giving you a shoulder to lean on throughout the day.

It will get easier over time, the first year anniversary is the hardest. Mom is looking down and it's hurting her too to see you and Rhonda hurting, she wants you both to know that's she's with God, pain free, worry free, in beautiful Heaven. When the time is right, you will be together again. Know that you were loved by her and always will be forever.

Love you and I'm with you too.

Huggers, Ruby
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X