PDA

View Full Version : Friday?

Blondie
September 14th, 2012, 06:33 AM

Happy Friday Folksies

I made it through Thursday. came home and crashed and now here I am going to do it again. I feel ever so much better, just exhausted. How that is possible considering the amount of sleep I've had this week is amazing to me. i tell you, I feel like a slug.

Prayers going out for all those with loved ones in the Mid East. What a mess. I am back to no tv news, just trash tv - thanking God for dvr - not putting my head in the sand, here, just totally overwhelmed by the evil people can do. Also, being the totally politically incorrect person I am, it keeps me from shouting obscenities at the screen, although I think it may have helped my headache once I let some steam off. lol.

Lovely weekend in the forecast.

For those who recommended the start of allergy meds and sinus rinse, thank you. I do that in the spring generally. The neti pot is my friend. I normally don't get allergies in the fall - generally in the spring. I think that what I had contracted was something related but morphed if that makes sense. Doc said the office had seen a spawning of upper respiratories and sinus infections. Glad I didn't get far enough along to make an upper respiratory.

Yesterday at work, I did my two oldest ladies. Cecile and Delle. Both at 96 years old. They have been neighbors for 75 years. Their children grew up together and what a sweet history and friendship they have. I wished I had my camera with me! It would have been sweet to snap them together as I normally don't see them both the same time.

Off to find that coffee pot. Hubs left and didn't refill my cup, naughty boy. See y'all later. Many blessings to each of you and don't forget to SMILE!

RFREE
September 14th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Morning Blondie. TGIF I have been sick for 2 weeks and I am ready for a break! Glad you are feeling better.

quilter.martha
September 14th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Morning Blondie: Glad you are getting better. I hate being sick.

Yesterday was a very busy day for me, but a really good thing happened. Back before my mother passed away she and my dad got hearing aids (after YEARS of persuasion). She only used them for 4-5 months before she passed. Well, my dad was out back in July and he offered them to me, to see if I could use them. I have a pretty sever loss in my left ear and my right ear is getting there as well. So yesterday I took those hearing aids to see if they could be programmed for my hearing. Turns out these are really good hearing aids and it was no problem to adjust them. Wow, what a difference I've already seen. I was expecting to have to buy hearing aids (at about $2000 a pop), and here these almost new ones are handed to me. What a blessing! And, I carry my mother with me all the time now!

Well, happy Friday to you all. I hope to get some sewing time in today. I have a baby quilt I absolutely must get made.....

Jean Sewing Machine
September 14th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Hi everybody! So glad to see Blondie and Rhonda back on, but I'm so sorry you have been so sick. My grandson was miserable last weekend, cough and sneeze for him, hope nobody else caught it from him. I managed to escape it.

Been up a while working on the longarm. A friend is coming to visit today and wants to see it in action, so I threw a quilt top on it that I've been meaning to quilt for a while. I had the top on my bed for a month unquilted, now it will be finished. Had some thread break issues right off the bat, but I think I have them resolved. Will shop for costume fabrics this morning, and meet my friend at 2.

Rainy day today. We need the rain, so I can't complain.

A neighbor up the street passed away last spring. Her family is having an estate sale this weekend. I know she was a quilter so I'm going to have to check out the sale. They are going to do a preview for the neighbors tonight. Never know what I might find, perhaps her stash! Have a good day, my dear friends!

Monique
September 14th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Good morning friends.

I am exhausted. Whirlwind trip. Not buying too much fabric if you can believe that. Back to the quilt show today with a tour of Philly when we arrive this morning. Can't wait for Intercourse tomorrow.

Have a spendid day friends.

Oh ya, TQM is at the shoe and they do demonstrations for MSQC and they of course know our Jenny. Bought both binding tools. As close as I will ever get to MSQC.

Bye bye

Bubby
September 14th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Good Morning,

I'm up trying to psych myself up for my mammogram this morning. It's hard to believe it's been a full year since the last one....where does the time go? I have a laundry list of medical things to take care of....mammogram, dermatologist, dentist, eye exam and foot doctor. That's pretty much head to toe!! Every doctor is in a different town also. I do one at a time and get the results from one before moving on to the next one. Good thing I'm relatively healthy or all I would ever get done is going to doctors like my MIL.

I'm still having a ball with my embroidery machine. I have enough designs to stitch now, so I need to slow down (that really means stop) buying more. Machine embroidery is an expensive hobby - but so-o-o much fun!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday...Hugs, Barb

MRoy
September 14th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Good morning...I'm running late this morning! Blondie and Rhonda, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. This bug is beginning to hit at work so I hope I can dodge it.

Martha, your mom is still taking care of her girl with those hearing aids. It's wonderful that you're able to use them.

Monique, wishing you a great day on your trip.

Gotta get dressed for work now...Rhonda, I'm with you ...TGIF!!!!!

MayinJerset
September 14th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Morning, Glad to hear that everyone is feeling a bit better, hope you all continue improve.

Up early today, wrapped DGS's birthday gifts, a cool knit shirt and a check towards the computer he is saving up for. I printed out a little banner that said Ben's Computer Fund and taped it onto an empty wipes canister.

Unlike Blondie's DH who has already made the morning coffee my DH is still sound asleep at 7:30 am so I better make some coffee myself. While it is brewing I'll begin chopping the zucchini and onions for the casserole I'm taking to my cousin Terry's for lunch. Also bringing slices of juicy Jersey tomatoes and slices of fresh mozzerella all drizzled with some extra virgin olive oil. 3 other cousins are bringing the rest of the meal and we will all have a feast. Have a good day everyone, May in Jersey.

CrazyMtnLady
September 14th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Good Morning. Blondie and Rhonda, I hope you are both back to normal real soon. The onset of these colder temps and the allergies have me sniffling and sneezing. I woke up with another stuffy head and a bit of a sore throat, but the coffee is soothing that!

Almost finished with my SSS gift I have been making. Then I will have to see what else I can do.

We haven't gotten any rain down here in the Ozarks from this front YET! It is amazing how storms and rain can be heading right for us and then all of a sudden divide and go around us. Sometimes that's a good thing, but we do still need some rain here.

Bubby: Wishing you well for all your appointments. I hate the mammogram with a passion. I am bad too, I haven't had one or been to the doctor in years. But I do have an appointment for a check up at the beginning of next month. :(

Blondie: I know what you mean about not watching the news. I am so sick of the evil that is going as well as all the politics. They ALL lie. And the news shows are so blatantly bias in their views when they are suppose to be neutral. DH is very political and gets so angry. I try to listen to him rant, but I have to admit, I normally just block him out. His nephew that just got married and his wife have said they do not plan on having any children because the world is just to sick and crazy to bring any children into it. Now that is sad.

Hugs and prayers

Bailey65
September 14th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I am new to the forum but I just love reading what you ladies have to say. I agree about the Mammogram but I find the Beast MRI even worse (I hate enclosed spaces). I guess according to (NEW) guidelines and my family history this has been added to my Medical Portfolio due the fact that my (Wonderful Amazing Mom- she truly was) passed away of Breast Cancer at the age of 46. It's been 25 years since she passed away and I miss her SO much!

But on a positive note :icon_bigsmile: the weather today in Maine is gorgeous, I love Fall! Looking forward to my massage this afternoon! Hopefully getting my quilt spray basted and getting some sewing in.

Oh one more thing. A question- I think I must have the Quilting bug? Every time I go near a store that has Fabric I have to stop- telling myself I will just look- NOT! I come home with more fabric. I do sew most everyday. But do any of you more seasoned Quilter's have a cure for this?? ha ha ha LOL

meemeecyn
September 14th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Good morning all you special people! Blondie, glad to see you are feeling better. Barb...good luck with the 'tests'. Us ladies understand. Martha, that is wonderful you can use the Aids! Your Mom would be pleased, too. Monique.....Intercourse tomorrow? Enjoy! Will that include fabric, too??? hehehe Fannie...join the crowd! You surely have been bitten by the bug. But it sure is a lot of fun. Good luck at the sale, Jean. It is always sad, but the person who died would appreciate someone to buy her stuff who really appreciates it!

I am due to organize fabric today. Really wanted to order the DD, but am trying to be good.
Have a good day.
Cynthia

twnkeyes
September 14th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Morning everyone!

Blondie I'm glad your feeling better, I miss seeing you on here each and every day! I, too, am politically incorrect and my children tell me so often but I am who I am. I say I speak the truth just not in the words of a politician.

We had rain like no other yesterday and I'm so thankful for it! Our gully's looked like rivers and the earth was sucking it up as fast as it could. No watering yesterday and we're in for more today.

We are leaving tomorrow for the U.K. to celebrate my MIL's 80th birthday in the Cotswolds. We're very excited! She planned the whole thing, I guess that's what you can do when you're turning 80! It'll be a wonderful getaway for us. I'm just crossing my fingers that my first DGD is not born early (due Oct. 17)! My MIL knows and blesses the fact that if I get the call I'm on the first plane back to the U.S. Keeping fingers crossed.

Here's to a great day for all of us!

NanaB
September 14th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Good morning, all! Glad to hear that Blondie and Rhonda are feeling better. Got another busy day today with auto maintenance and lunch with friend. I think I will visit my mother for a bit as well. Looking forward to the weekend. Tomorrow is a Beth Moore simulcast at a local church--LOVE Beth Moore Bible studies. Have a great day everyone.

Sandy Navas
September 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I feel like such a slug because everyone has already been up and at'em for a bit, leaving wonderful messages and news items, and here I'm just crawling out from under my rock. Oh, well, guess that's what priorities are for, right? I did have to get up early and feed Ewenice and give her a nice pat on the rump. She's suffering jet-lag, poor thing.

It rained here all day yesterday (YEAH!) off and on, light drizzle which was great. It is still occasionally dripping and the sky is still pretty cloud filled. No rivers running like in Texas, but enough that the ground is starting to feel soggy. It also has brought the animals out in the back - several broods of turkeys yesterday having fun, and quite a few deer. This morning there were three huge bucks in the back along with our usual deer visitors. Al and I so enjoy watching them.

I did get the placement of blocks figured out on Sierra's quilt top yesterday and finally have it all together. I have two sashings that don't quite line up correctly and I was so upset with myself that I had already ripped out two full rows and resewn that I am just leaving - they aren't THAT far off. She won't notice . . . nor will the quilt police. Also finished up a gift for my SS and started working on a very special foundation piece project that will be in three sections. Very pleased with how the first part has turned out. Hoping to do the next two pieces this morning.

This afternoon we have been invited to take our Miss Emily to her drum lesson so we can hear how she's beginning to sound like Ringo Starr. Three of the DGDs have been taking guitar lessons - Sierra, Michelle and Emily. Sierra and Michelle had taken piano lessons but their teacher was WAY FAR away and it has taken time to locate a new one. Michelle has opted out of guitar and is back to taking piano. Emily (probably the BEST musically inclined of the three - and undoubtedly, even being the youngest and the shortest time taking lessons, the best guitar player of the group) has opted to learn to play the drums. Did you know that they make a 'fake' practice drum so you don't have to listen to all the banging? That kid does have rhythm and is quite a composer of her own music - we are looking forward to seeing her in action today. Sierra has been playing guitar for seven years. Her instructor is a local recording artist who is also a music professor at the local university. He has Sierra doing recitals with his university students and has told us that she's better than most of them . . . if she would just apply herself more instead of practicing to be a teenage snit.

I do tend to ramble on and on - no wonder I don't get as much done as I plan.

Special prayers, warm wishes, good eats, and less stuffy noses to all.

GrammaBabs
September 14th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Can't wait for Intercourse tomorrow.
Did you really type that one????? LOL
Could not resist... i'm the one living here in "retirement village"... who doesn't get the "man bashing chat"... i have to just sit quiet.... we have some pretty lazy guys here i guess...:)
As for the fabric shopping... trying to straighten out my sewing room has cured me a bit.... i realized i'm going to DIE ...LONG befor there is a dent made here,,, but i just can't part with it.... i'm going to make it "neat" so people will just think i built myself a "shrine"...HA
Blondie,,, i wish i could be there with you and the little ladies... imagine having the energy to go get their hair done at 96!!!!
As for the allergy and sinus stuff,,, it's everywhere,,, not ususally a big deal for me,, but i had trouble passing the breathing test for my surgery... now i'm fighting a UTI,,, this is driving me nuts... all thie "prepping for it stuff"... much easier when it's emergency like 2 yrs ago... just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cellomom
September 14th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Happy Friday everyone! I'm sharing my Wednesday since things are moving quite slowly around here. Finally got out of the house to visit the hairdresser. My mother came to my house and said, "Are you ready to be beatified?" I've been going to the same hairdressser since 1984! He is a talented and caring person. Blondie, I'm sure you are one of these special people too. It felt so good to have my hair washed and styled. I've figured out a way to dry my hair at home by setting the dryer on the counter and moving my head in front of it. DH, bless his heart, tried to help but he kept burning my head a little. So here's a shoutout for those special hairdressers and assistants who pamper you and make you SMILE! I'll be so glad when my hand is back to normal. NanaB, I love Beth Moore! Enjoy her wonderful simulcast. She's going to be in Long Beach, CA next month. It would be so great to hear her in person. Prayers for all who are need.:icon_cool:

janluna
September 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Good Morning! Blondie, it's so good to have you back on. We all worry about you when you are not feeling well. Ruby hasn't felt good either, I haven't seen her online. I know she was having migraines as well. They said on the news, that this was going to be a nasty hay fever season. I believe it as Joe and I have been stuffed up, eyes tearing up and red. I just hope we don't get sick, if we do, we don't get to see the GK's. Emily, especially, can't catch anything. Monique, I'm so glad you are having a fun trip! Martha, I'm so glad you get the use of your Mom's aids. Joe and I both are forever saying," excuse me?" Someday, we'll get some too. Good luck Barb, I have one done this month as well. Better safe than sorry! Fannie, welcome to you! Unfortunately I must give you the bad news. You have an incurable disease, there is no hope for you. It's a good thing you found us. We can guide you through the the never ending need for fabric. You can count on us to say," yes you need that for your stash!" Hey, what are quilty sisters for?
Love, Hugs, and Prayers, to all, Jan L.

Lonna
September 14th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Good Morning All,

Another beautiful morning here in southeast Louisiana. It will be a quite day here at work as my Manager called in sick this morning. This is the first time in the almost seven years working here that he has called in sick. Well wouldn't you know it being sitting here for an hour now and no one has come in I get on here and here comes a customer. Well back to work for me.

sewbizzy
September 14th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Good Morning Everyone...I'm so glad Blondie and Rhonda are feeling better...
I love to read the news of the day...thank you all for sharing...it has been relatively quiet here...I'm done with the lunches with friends for the last 2 weeks...on to more sewing....the shop that I have my things in will be in a Covered Bridge Festival this weekend in Washington, PA...the lady that runs the shop and a couple others are going and will "man the tent"...I am staying home to cook and sew...I feel I'm the lucky one, because I get to stay home which I love...the next show is in 3 weeks and I will take my turn and man the tents that weekend...
As Blondie would say I'm going to get another cuppa of coffee and get started here...
Hugs and Blessings to all...

pcbatiks
September 14th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I am new to the forum but I just love reading what you ladies have to say. I agree about the Mammogram but I find the Beast MRI even worse (I hate enclosed spaces). I guess according to (NEW) guidelines and my family history this has been added to my Medical Portfolio due the fact that my (Wonderful Amazing Mom- she truly was) passed away of Breast Cancer at the age of 46. It's been 25 years since she passed away and I miss her SO much!

But on a positive note :icon_bigsmile: the weather today in Maine is gorgeous, I love Fall! Looking forward to my massage this afternoon! Hopefully getting my quilt spray basted and getting some sewing in.

Oh one more thing. A question- I think I must have the Quilting bug? Every time I go near a store that has Fabric I have to stop- telling myself I will just look- NOT! I come home with more fabric. I do sew most everyday. But do any of you more seasoned Quilter's have a cure for this?? ha ha ha LOL

Fannie, If you're looking for a cure for fabric addiction....you are in trouble......all we can do is help you buy more & tell you where to find it!! :D

auntiemern
September 14th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Morning all. So glad to see Blondie back on and feeling better. Barb, hate having to do all those tests too. Fannie, don't look for sympathy here for your fabric addiction, this place is full of enablers. Martha, so glad you were able to use the aids. All those suffering from the nasal, head gunk, take care of yourself, so it doesn't get in your chest. DH's started on him last night. Plan on spending most of the day at the sewing machine. Rhonda is coming up to spend our mom's anniversary week end w/me. On a positive note, I have had many surprise blessings this week. Not looking forward to tomorrow, but will just have to see how it goes. Hugs and Blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

pcbatiks
September 14th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Morning all. So glad to see Blondie back on and feeling better. Barb, hate having to do all those tests too. Fannie, don't look for sympathy here for your fabric addiction, this place is full of enablers. Martha, so glad you were able to use the aids. All those suffering from the nasal, head gunk, take care of yourself, so it doesn't get in your chest. DH's started on him last night. Plan on spending most of the day at the sewing machine. Rhonda is coming up to spend our mom's anniversary week end w/me. On a positive note, I have had many surprise blessings this week. Not looking forward to tomorrow, but will just have to see how it goes. Hugs and Blessings to all, and prayers for those in need.

Marilyn, I'll be thinking of you and Rhonda.......take care.

quilter.martha
September 14th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Happy Friday everyone! I'm sharing my Wednesday since things are moving quite slowly around here. Finally got out of the house to visit the hairdresser. My mother came to my house and said, "Are you ready to be beatified?" I've been going to the same hairdressser since 1984! He is a talented and caring person. Blondie, I'm sure you are one of these special people too. It felt so good to have my hair washed and styled. I've figured out a way to dry my hair at home by setting the dryer on the counter and moving my head in front of it. DH, bless his heart, tried to help but he kept burning my head a little. So here's a shoutout for those special hairdressers and assistants who pamper you and make you SMILE! I'll be so glad when my hand is back to normal. NanaB, I love Beth Moore! Enjoy her wonderful simulcast. She's going to be in Long Beach, CA next month. It would be so great to hear her in person. Prayers for all who are need.:icon_cool:

Beth Moore IS wonderful in person! I got to hear her speak a few years ago when she came to our area. If you ever get the chance to see her in person, do it!!!

bkthomas
September 14th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Good Morning. Blondie and Rhonda, I hope you are both back to normal real soon. The onset of these colder temps and the allergies have me sniffling and sneezing. I woke up with another stuffy head and a bit of a sore throat, but the coffee is soothing that!

Almost finished with my SSS gift I have been making. Then I will have to see what else I can do.

We haven't gotten any rain down here in the Ozarks from this front YET! It is amazing how storms and rain can be heading right for us and then all of a sudden divide and go around us. Sometimes that's a good thing, but we do still need some rain here.

Bubby: Wishing you well for all your appointments. I hate the mammogram with a passion. I am bad too, I haven't had one or been to the doctor in years. But I do have an appointment for a check up at the beginning of next month. :(

Blondie: I know what you mean about not watching the news. I am so sick of the evil that is going as well as all the politics. They ALL lie. And the news shows are so blatantly bias in their views when they are suppose to be neutral. DH is very political and gets so angry. I try to listen to him rant, but I have to admit, I normally just block him out. His nephew that just got married and his wife have said they do not plan on having any children because the world is just to sick and crazy to bring any children into it. Now that is sad.

Hugs and prayers

Not have kids because the world is such a bad place......? I have been hearing that since I was knee high to a grasshopper!

lilmouse
September 14th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Good morning everyone....glad to see Rhonda and Blondie back on the forum...hope you all feel better soon.....it is hard to bounce back after being ill....that's where the exhaustion comes in.....Fanny, my only suggestion is to stay out of the stores...works for me....hahaha...until the Joanne's flyer comes in...then have to take advantage of the sale...I am back on a no fabric diet...but for a good cause...a weeks' vacation by MSQC! Next years meet up...can't wait....spent most of yesterday cutting up fabric for my veteran's home project....and boy do I know it....leg cramps all night long....on the other hand tried the invisigrip again and just love it...eventually all my rulers will have it...have to buy more...worked like a charm...now have a big stack of layer cakes and charms...all out of red, white, and blue; two stacks for each...print and solid! Now have to finish cutting today and then sew, sew, sew....and maybe start some quilting!...have lots on the agenda....am going back to work on Thursday next week on a shorter schedule...and will be off on Sundays permanently.....will pick up Mondays again when all restrictions are finished....yeah...will be so glad to go back to work....need the socialization that goes on there! Sandy, glad to hear you and Ewenice are getting on so well...hope she recovers soon from her jet lag...(giggles)! Sassi is growing like a weed...and eating a little more every day! Will be back later on today!

Bailey65
September 14th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Well I guess I might as well feed my addiction! It could be worse Quilting/ and having a Huge Fabric stash doesn't make me gain weight!!