• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loonwatcher
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2011

Is anyone psychic here?

Now I've done it. Tuesday my DS drove my DH to my work so He could drive me to my podiatrist appointment. DH always uses his keys to my car so mine don't accidentally end up in his pocket and he's gone when I need them. We have learned the hard way to do this. Problem is, I haven't seen my keys since then. I always leave them on my desk at work so expected to find them their the next day...NOPE. I have looked everywhere, dumped out my purse twice, searched the car 3 times, and called every place we went. We're talking car, house, work and post office box keys. It's expensive to replace those car keys with the microchip in them. Been kicking myself all week.

I've heard that some people have the ability to sense where lost items are. Anybody like that here? I sure would appreciate any help at all.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!
  • wlrquilts
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2012

Re: Is anyone psychic here?

Have you checked with coworkers to see if they put them in a "safe" place?
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

• quilter.martha
      Missouri Star
      • May 2011

It'll be in the last place you look
      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

We always pray to St. Anthony to find lost stuff. We say "Tony, Tony, look around, someing's lost and must be found!". Works most times, except for that set of car keys I lost two years ago and have never located. Somehow, I think they ended up in a trash can and are in the landfill. Good luck!

Comment

• Bubby
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

Do the Tony Tony thing Rhonda (see directions above). Jean promises it will work!!!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• MRoy
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2011

Oh dear...Sorry, I can't help you Nancy. This is why I carry two sets of keys in my purse and keep another set in the house in a certain drawer. I'm always afraid of losing a set. Good luck!
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2011

fortune teller smiley.jpg Let me gaze into my crystal ball.....I hate it when that happens. I have misplaced keys before and checked my purse, clothes pockets, truck and back again and I find them in the strangest places. But if you had them at work, I would check with the clean up crew if your place as one and see if they found them. What kind of chair do you sit on at work, could they be in the crease of your chair? Good Luck.
              Donna
              MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• bec
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2011

Not long ago I lost my spare keys (which also had my mom's house key on it) I kept them in a pocket in my purse. I had searched the purse thoroughly and couldn't find them, so I searched jacket pockets, other purses that I had changed out of and no luck. I finally decided to empty out my whole purse. When I did, I noticed that when I shook my purse there was still a rattle like something in there. I felt down at the bottom and discovered the keys between the lining and the exterior of the purse. A small hole had worn through the fabric in the pocket and somehow the keys had managed to work their way through the hole. I found all kinds of things in there! lol
                Bec

Comment

• Quiltlover
                  The Guild President
                  • Dec 2011

Can't find a valuable ring at my house....will have to try that suggestion. As a Baptist, didn't know about St. Anthony. Will have to remember that one.
                  Brenda

Comment

• MayinJerset
                    Missouri Star
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                    We always pray to St. Anthony to find lost stuff. We say "Tony, Tony, look around, someing's lost and must be found!". Works most times, except for that set of car keys I lost two years ago and have never located. Somehow, I think they ended up in a trash can and are in the landfill. Good luck!
                    Haven't heard the St. Anthony prayers in ages. I'm from Brooklyn and we didn't call him Tony but St. Aunt ney, St Aunt ney, etc. Always found what we were looking for in the last place we looked, LOL! May in Jersey

Comment

• bkthomas
                      Missouri Star
                      • Apr 2012

Have you tried the refrigerator?
                      ~Kathy~

Comment

• alwaysinmyroom
                        Designer Diva
                        • Feb 2012

I was going to suggest that! No idea why, but stuff I lose sometimes end up in or on the fridge! Gremlins, for sure...

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                          Missouri Star
                          • Dec 2010

Swami, Swami, do not alarm me. I see the keys. They are in DS's right front jeans pocket. You will find them the next time you do laundry.
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• New York Sue
                            Missouri Star
                            • Mar 2012

No. Not DS pocket, but DH pocket! He discovered this on Wednesday or Thursday, and is trying to safe face, and knows you're at your wit's end trying to find them...
                            The keys are in your kitchen junk drawer. Everybody has one, no?
                            Have you checked there? Because MEN will do this....
                            I really need to get off the exclamation point.
                            It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

• Loonwatcher
                              Missouri Star
                              • Feb 2011

Found them! It was my own mistake. Tuesday was a hectic ambulance dispatch day and during one call I apparently (and now I remember this) grabbed them to use as a bookmark in my dispatch notebook. I've been in that book a couple times and they didn't fall out like you'd think but today I actually was flipping right past that page and Behold! there they were. It must have been the St. Anthony's prayer I said as suggested by Jean. I said the jingle and added a thank you for listening and within the hour had my keys.
                              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X