PDA

View Full Version : A video not for all,but if you love original!

GrammaBabs
September 13th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I came across this by accident... i used to love using my serger to sew "home dec" fabrics together and make totes...This gal is inspiring to me..anyone have a lot of old sweaters????:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=1wC8vu2BoBE&feature=endscreen

Carolyn23
September 13th, 2012, 11:49 AM
What just happened? Crazy fun!! Wish she would stand still for just a few seconds so we could look at the finished, ummm, whatever it is! Love, love, love the colors! Bus and house are also crazy fun! Going to watch it again, right now .

Genny
September 13th, 2012, 11:51 AM
All I can say is...holly molly.....:lol:

alwaysinmyroom
September 13th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I have seen totes made of various home dec fabrics--they sell for $45-$65 in our area--they are a nice size to hold yarn for projects. I bet yours would be beautiful!

I have quite a collection of old sweaters--I get them at Goodwill for $1 or less...cut them up into all sorts of projects, but mostly I felt them for totes, mittens or hats.

GrammaBabs
September 13th, 2012, 12:09 PM
She has a shop on ETSY... much more to see,,, and i've found other on the net who have "copied" her style... this is gonna be on my list..
Always... i have several totes "sling style" i made and gve as gifts to GF;s... they were a hit... i just need to get my MOJO back... this hip pain is wearing me down..i guess i'm using the puter to keep me going (at least my mind...LOL)..Oct 3 will not come soon enough....:)

Sandy Navas
September 13th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I am almost speechless. WOW!

alwaysinmyroom
September 13th, 2012, 12:15 PM
It is hard to work through pain, but I sew a lot to get me through the pain...I have a bad left hip as well and some days are good, others, not so much!

bkthomas
September 13th, 2012, 01:51 PM
She has a shop on ETSY... much more to see,,, and i've found other on the net who have "copied" her style... this is gonna be on my list..
Always... i have several totes "sling style" i made and gve as gifts to GF;s... they were a hit... i just need to get my MOJO back... this hip pain is wearing me down..i guess i'm using the puter to keep me going (at least my mind...LOL)..Oct 3 will not come soon enough....:)

Babs, Please tell us, are you eventually going to have both hips done?
Love the video - very colorful!!!

K. McEuen
September 13th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I just can't imagine how much that coat weighs! That was a lot of sweaters.

mamaquilt
September 13th, 2012, 06:30 PM
fantastic!!!!!

Musical_Starling
September 13th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Reminds me of Rainbow Brite! lol How fun!

ChristineB
September 13th, 2012, 08:36 PM
W O W ! ! ! That was amazing!!!

janluna
September 13th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I can tell you that it weighs a ton! She could have knit that on a machine, not had any seams and it would have flowed a little better because she could have used the same style and weight of yarn. Forgive me, but ICK!!! It makes for a fun video. Babs, felting yarn that is a natural fiber would make lovely bags. I made a felted jacket for a lady, and it turned out so pretty. I can tell you it was one warm coat. I never made one for myself because at the time I had hot flashes hit me at odd times. I couldn't even work on the jacket with out flashing.
Too hot!!!!! When I can, now that the flashes have cooled their jets, I'd like to make one for a winter coat. And only wear it on sub zero days. LOL Thanks for the video, but I cringed every time she took the scissors to the sweaters! (:o( LOL Hugs, Jan L.

auntiemern
September 13th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Loved her whole bohemian style. Now if I just had a fraction of her energy.

buckeyequilter
September 13th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Loved her whole bohemian style. Now if I just had a fraction of her energy. Looked at her etsy shop. She sure isn't doing it to make money. Super cheap.

I thought the same thing....but then realized those are the tutorials. Here are some of the finished items she has http://www.etsy.com/shop/katwise?section_id=5084804

auntiemern
September 13th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah took that part off my post when I realized the boo boo. Don't think I will be buying anything soon, lol

SuzyQue
September 14th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Crazy! Definitely NOT my style....but she does have lots of energy and really loves color. Fun to watch!

buckeyequilter
September 14th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Yeah took that part off my post when I realized the boo boo. Don't think I will be buying anything soon, lol

LOL....I don't think I will either. How much fabric can I buy for $500?

Bubby
September 14th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I liked the video, but the music (?) makes me want to cut off my ears!

CrazyMtnLady
September 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Fun video, but at my age I would not be wearing anything like that. It would be great for a teeny-bopper though.

Winniesfriend
September 14th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Wow, all those cardigans to make one coat - nice and bright but not my style, but obviously very popular.

Donna F
September 14th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Who has that many sweaters, and with all those colors?? I think it was cool. What an idea!

Babs, I'm with you on the hip pain. Prayers you can have a pain free day soon.

bkthomas
September 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Babs is never gonna tell us if she only has to have one hip surgery or two! Please Please Pretty Please tell us?!!!!!!