PDA

View Full Version : New Week

searchfamilies
September 10th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Good Morning All from the UK
I hope you all are well at the beginning of this new week, i am not too bad didn't get a good night's sleep but nothing unusual there

The Paralympics have closed so all the Olympics (London 2012) has now all closed must say it was pulled off well all Team GB both lots will be on a parade today in London which is nice for them.

On the craft side while today i won't get to sew as i have to go out plus do some housework (yes i do a little sometimes lol) but will knit i started a pair of socks as i finished the Aran Sweater i was working on i hope it okay i have put a photo of it below (I know it not quilting so hope i am not breaking any rules here)

I been looking & starting to get things for the Secret Christmas Swap which is on here that i joined in am having fun looking around for items that i think the person i am sending to may like

Well you all have a good day i hope you can spend the day & week how you wish to do

Hugs Janice :icon_wave:

Jean Sewing Machine
September 10th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Wow, someone is going to be warm and cosy in this beauty!

searchfamilies
September 10th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Thanks this is a gift to be sent just hoping the person likes it
My eldest DGD saw the photo & she asked for one so i will start one for her for christmas but not until next month
Hugs Janice

Monique
September 10th, 2012, 07:43 AM
What a beautiful gift. You can always send it here if the recipient doesn't like it. LOL!!

quilter.martha
September 10th, 2012, 07:50 AM
I love warm knit sweaters! I've only made 3 in my lifetime and nothing as complicated as yours.

searchfamilies
September 10th, 2012, 08:49 AM
LoL
Hugs Janice

Deneldac00p
September 10th, 2012, 09:28 AM
What a georgeous sweater. I am just starting a white one and I hope it comes out as nice as yours.

lilmouse
September 10th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I love the sweater...it is beautiful....it gets pretty cold here...hint - hint -hint...just kidding!

EnumclawGramma
September 10th, 2012, 11:07 AM
That is BEAUTIFUL! It gets pretty cold here too! *wink* *wink* ;)

searchfamilies
September 10th, 2012, 11:23 AM
But bet your much better than me when it comes to quilting
Hugs Janice

searchfamilies
September 10th, 2012, 11:24 AM
I know where it going it can get cold but last winter it didn't so much lol
Hugs Janice

searchfamilies
September 10th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Thanks i really enjoy doing Aran but do simple pattern repeats & as it can get cold or at least i fee the cold i have a new one hanging in the wardrobe ready for this winter it not the same as the green one below is the one i have for myself
Hugs Janice

searchfamilies
September 10th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I am sure it will how many row repeat is your one the ones i do i try to keep to around a 8 row repeat
Hugs Janice

GrammaBabs
September 10th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Janice.. these are wonderful... i have ONE pattern that keeps in my head... and have been wanting to branch out... i make mostly for children and give them as gifts... because i have so many irons in the fire... LOL
You are inspiring me to try to find a "new aran" to work on...Thanks for helping me not be the only person here that can't keep her fingers still!!!!!
If you have any links for patterns,,, i'd like your input... i'm constantly searching... one of my favorites is Drops... and it's UK i think...:)

CrazyMtnLady
September 10th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I love the green one. It is gorgeous. Reminds me of the beautiful knit work my mother use to do.

searchfamilies
September 10th, 2012, 12:51 PM
GrammaBabs
I do childrens ones i did a nice jacket for my DGD my mum got me in to Aran she use to do a lot of them my dad complained that it took her 25 years before he got one then she went mad & he had a different one for each day lol
I can't always do sewing so i knit i am working on some socks so i can work on some sewing during the day & then just knit in the evenings
I have a several patterns so free ones that i got from links i can share if you like to let me have your e-mail addy i will send a message with my e-mail addy in
Hugs Janice

searchfamilies
September 10th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks It was my mum who got me in to knitting & Aran
Hugs Janice

I love the green one. It is gorgeous. Reminds me of the beautiful knit work my mother use to do.

sewmuchjan
September 10th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Wow Janice those are so nice and comfy and warm looking. I love sweaters like the ones you make. I crochet but have never really wanted to do sweaters or the like, but I do love to make Afghan's and other things for the house, or stuffed softies.

Thanks for sharing
Hugs,
Jan (Janice also) G.

cyndiofthevortex
September 10th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Janice, those sweaters are beautiful! I could never hope to knit like that! I've made some little things like mittens, a hat and sweater for my daughter when she was little, but I could never figure out how to make it turn out to be the right size! I had that problem sewing clothes, too. That's why I turned to quilting. If it's supposed to be 12 1/2" at least you find out right away if you're doing something wrong! I really admire you for making such lovely sweaters.

janluna
September 10th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Janice, I love your sweaters too. I use to hand knit all the time and did it for friends and family. So many people wanted my sweaters, I finally broke down and bought a knitting machine so I could do them all. Then I met a lady named Rickey Munstock. She figured out a way to do aran knits on the knitting machine. I love making them. They weren't true Arans but they sure did look like them. When I had time, I hand knit them.
I used to make Norwegian knits too. Like 5 a day. They sold really well in NYC. It kills me now to sit at my machines. I haven't knit anything for 12 years.
Your work is beautiful! Lucky, lucky person who will receive your sweater. That is such a wonderful gift. Hey it gets cold here too. LOL I made so many sweaters for everyone else, I don't have any for me. If I made myself one my Mom, or Daughter, or a friend would beg it off me. LOL I couldn't say no. Now I'm into quilting.
Your work is lovely. Hugs, Jan L. ( not a Janice, I'm a Jeanette)

searchfamilies
September 11th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Sewmuchjan
I can't really crochet have manage to do granny squares but that it, i don't knit Afghans well not for a long while they need something to keep them warm they get a quilt lol
Hugs Janice

searchfamilies
September 11th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Hi Jeanette (janluna)
I use to do knitting by machine have done cables ect on knitting machine but like you i had to sell them partly at the time because i couldn't use them plus we moved
Now i could do it on a small scale but don't have the room unless i stopped quilting so no machine coming in here lol

Yes they are so warm, i did my DS many many years ago (he nearly 40) a jacket like the one out of Staksy & Hutch & done the odd multi coloured ones by hand by most of my knitting has been Aran or other patterned ones
Hugs Janice

searchfamilies
September 11th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Thanks Cyndi
Now it mittens or gloves i am not good with if it has a thumb or fingers i don't do it, when i knitted by machine i always did a tension square but never really bother for hand knitting i find that my knitting comes out near to the pattern size
Hugs Janice