PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed

Debbie MM
September 8th, 2012, 02:13 AM
This has been a really hard week for me. One of my good supervisors that was forced to leave decided he could not take life struggles any longer and decided to end his life. Upper management did not feel was important to tell the department that he had work with that he had died, and it was more important for us to keep working and not talk about it. To put it mildly we were extremely upset. After everything blew up someone was finally brought in so that we could talk. I am finally starting to let go of the anger so that I can start the healing process. So if you say prayers please keep me and my co-workers in your prayers. Thank you in advance

bkthomas
September 8th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Oh Debbie, I am so sorry to hear this! But I am glad that you came to us here on the Forum - You will find Great Comfort here and I will remember You in my prayers!
God Bless you and Keep you in the palm of His hand.....

HandsOffItsMine
September 8th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Debbie, I'm really sorry to hear about your friend/supervisor. Sadly I too have lost too many friends and business associates during these last four years due to suicide. The pain and darkness must have been overwhelming to them. It also leaves so many questions and heartache for those left behind.

The way upper management dealt with it wasn't the way to go and I'm glad you and your coworkers had a professional to talk to. All of you will be in my prayers, I know for myself that it took me quite a while to work through my grief. My close business friend took his life almost a year ago, so many things in the media right now are bringing up old wounds for his wife, family and friends.

Please realize that one conversation might not be enough and that it's ok to seek out more help.

Prayers and hugs, Ruby

rebeccas-sewing
September 8th, 2012, 05:43 AM
I'm very sorry this happened, Debbie. It's heart breaking when someone becomes so depressed that leaving our world seems like their only solution. My sympathies are with you, your coworkers and your supervisor's family.

quiltingtrish
September 8th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Oh Debbie, I am so sorry to hear this. Please know that I have you and your co-workers in my prayers. That's awful how the management handled the situation.
I will also pray for that man's family.
Hugs,

Sandy Navas
September 8th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Debbie, sending prayers and understanding. Amazing how some people find it best to hide things instead of letting them out in the open. May your friend who has departed rest in peace and you and your fellow workers find understanding and be comforted. Prayers for his family.

Bubby
September 8th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Deb,

This situation saddens my heart for all involved. First the tragedy of your supervisor/friend feeling there were option left for him, and secondly the poor way the matter was handled with staff. My prayers are with you, your co-workers and the family of your friend. Hugs, Barb

carolv
September 8th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Prayer's of comfort.

Lonna
September 8th, 2012, 08:46 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your co-workers. Such sadness in this evil world anymore.

quilter.martha
September 8th, 2012, 09:07 AM
What a horrible thing. I am so sorry this happened and pray comfort for all of you. Being able to talk and express your feeling is absolutely necessary, so feel free to vent here if you have nowhere else to go.

nurrsey
September 8th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Deb, what a cruel thing from management and what a sad way for your friend to pass. Thoughts and prayers to you.

cyndiofthevortex
September 8th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Our family was touched by the suicide of a friend years ago. There are few words of comfort for the family as they are left confused and overwhelmed with sadness. I'm so sorry that this man felt like he had no other option but to end his life. I will pray for everyone affected by this tragedy. I know the sadness that you feel. It was right that you came here for prayer. You will get it.

CrazyMtnLady
September 8th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Sending prayers your way.

MRoy
September 8th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Praying for you, your coworkers and your friend's family.

Jess1377
September 8th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Oh my heart goes out to you as well as my prayers. In my husbands job, he lost 2 soldiers that way, one being a 1SG after his 1st deployment. It was shocking and unbelievable... still really darn hard to take. I cant even fathom the families mourning the loss let alone your own as a friend / co-worker. Prayers being said for you and the family to get through this incredibly difficult time.

promqueen
September 8th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Debbie - So sorry to hear this; it must be so hard. You're in my prayers and hopefully you can find peace soon.....Mary Ann

middlesis1966
September 8th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Prayers going out.

lilmouse
September 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Prayers going out for you and your coworkers...so sad and so hard on the people left behind...will keep all in thought and prayers...sending hugs your way

meemeecyn
September 8th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I echo Barb's (Bubby) post. How sad for everyone. Our prayers are with you, Debbie.

sewmuchjan
September 8th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Prayers coming your way...

Hugs ((((((((((DEB))))))))))

Jan G.

Debbie MM
September 8th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Thank you, we had a memorial service for him today which about 30 people were able to make it. Upper management wisely decided not to intrude on our time. We had a beautiful remembrance where we were able to talk about the impact he had on our lives. It had been raining all morning and when we went to release our balloons the sky cleared and the rain stopped. It was like he said to God these are my friends let them be able to let me go without raining on them. It was like he was still looking after us. We were able to comfort the one co-worker that he had left a note for and also give us some sort of comfort. I believe this will make us closer and we will watch each other closer. The rest of the day was sunny like he was at peace ( it was suppose to rain all day).

bkthomas
September 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Oh, That is so good.....

SuzyQue
September 8th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Prayers added. Thanks for the newest note...sounds like you are beginning to heal a little already. May you find peace.

Jess1377
September 8th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Oh that is such a wonderful way to end the memorial. I am really glad for you all.

Genny
September 9th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Sending prayers to all of you. Your company should be totally ashamed of themselves.

aliaslaceygreen
September 9th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Sending healing thoughts your way... what a terrible thing, and really, your company blew it big time!

janluna
September 10th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Debbie, my step brother committed suicide. It was really a rough time for the family and friends. The ones that broke my heart though, were his kids, and all the kids in the band at school. He was their bus driver when they went to competitions. So hard to grasp the reason. And you want to ask, don't you know that was a permanent solution to a temporary problem? We all went through sadness, grief, anger at Dan, and finally acceptance.
My husband and I will pray for his family, you and the rest of his work "family", and his friends. Because all of you need to heal. You will be amazed at how far reaching his actions are going to be. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.