PDA

View Full Version : A note from Libby's soldier

auntiemern
September 7th, 2012, 11:04 AM
After being ill for a month, I finally got my soldiers quilt mailed to Libby's friend. This is the note that was in my in box this morning. Can't wait to see the pics.

Auntie Mern,

I hope this note finds you doing well back in the states. I wanted to extend my sincere appreciation to you for loving on my Soldiers. The quilt you made arrived last night and was given out to SPC Kral this morning. I will send a picture to you tonight after I leave the office today. What you and your ladies are doing for us is truly amazing. I read many news articles that state this is a forgotten war and the Soldiers are starting to feel the effects of that, however when they have people out there that are doing good and simply showing appreciation it helps them a great deal with moral. So once again thank you for the quilt and the prayers.

Sincerely,

SSG Kelly Brown
US Army

Blondie was right, something wonderful happened.

Bubby
September 7th, 2012, 11:24 AM
This is a great note...it really shows that they appreciate any gesture of support and caring.

Sandy Navas
September 7th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Just warms the cockles of my heart to see this. Did you take pictures of the quilt?

auntiemern
September 7th, 2012, 12:27 PM
This is the quilt I sent :) The pic isn't very good, it is all red/white/blue stars and stripes.

pcbatiks
September 7th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Marilyn, That must have made your day.......getting that note today! The quilt turned out great!

alwaysinmyroom
September 7th, 2012, 12:50 PM
That just brought tears to my eyes...beautiful quilt and beautiful note...whether we agree on the **** politics of war or not, our soldiers need such support and love...wow...what a gorgeous gift to give...

alliek
September 7th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Amen! It is so true, we can take for granted every day complaining of heat or rain or just petty inconveniences. These soldiers deal with so much every second and are parted from their loved ones. Let us remember them every day, Your quilt,auntiemerm was a wonderful way to show we do care. Thank you for doing and reminding all of us what we should all be doing.

HandsOffItsMine
September 7th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Marilyn, what a wonderful thing to hear! Can't wait to see the quilt with the soldier. :) I hope to be able to complete on this year too. Don is fearing that this war is becoming another Vietnam where you don't know who to trust around you when you're in town and sadly who's in command. We stand behind our Men and Women and our Proud of all they do for us to be Free.

Great job Marilyn. Love you, huggers Ruby

CrazyMtnLady
September 8th, 2012, 10:22 AM
So happy that your soldier was pleased with his quilt. Hope you share his photo when your receive it.

EnumclawGramma
September 8th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Aw Marilyn! I missed this post yesterday! Thank you SO much for sharing Kelly's letter and for posting the picture of your quilt. It is wonderful!

Sending you a PM!

Anyone else who wants to send some lovin' to the guys can get with me and I'll give you the info. I have already heard from a couple more ladies doing it. I think I need to make another!

auntiemern
September 8th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Still waiting for photo, but will post as soon as I get it.