PDA

View Full Version : Prince William: I Will Remember You ...15 years ago today

Lisaau
August 31st, 2012, 07:05 AM
I stood 5 feet from her at the " Melbourne Cup "Horse Race in Melbourne Australia in 1982. Most beautiful women l've ever seen......... "RIP Diana" l will never forget you

PS: you might need tissues to view this

Prince William: I Will Remember You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E933_yLlSK4&feature=share

Blondie
August 31st, 2012, 07:09 AM
Thank you Lisa
Diana's death changed my life. Literally. When she died far too young, it made me realize how very short life can be and it can end in a second. I was working for a salon chain where I was miserable. I decided to step out on my own and be happy. I still think of this lovely lady and the legacy she left the world.

Monique
August 31st, 2012, 07:20 AM
Yes, remember that day. It was a very sad day indeed. Diana, you will be remembered forever.

janluna
August 31st, 2012, 07:44 AM
I was awake and watching tv that day. I had CNN on low so I didn't wake Joe. They broke with that news and my heart broke. I cried for the boys, left without their Mom, for all of us to be left without our Princess. And boy, was I mad at Prince Charles, and even the Queen, as time went on and she didn't acknowledge Diana. I'm glad someone finally got through to her. They didn't do right by that girl. The world is a sadder place without her. She was precious. Rest in Our Father's arms, Diana. God Bless her. Hugs, Jan L.

aqua-teal71
August 31st, 2012, 08:10 AM
She was a beautiful and gracious lady. She is still missed, and i am still pissed at the royals for their treatment of her.

bkthomas
August 31st, 2012, 08:27 AM
I believe everyone truly Loved Diana - I will remember this day for more than that though...
This is also the day my Dear Husband died O M G!!! Has it been 15 years already?!!!!
But I know that he is much happier now - Then Mother Teresa passed - I decided then that
God needed the best at that time and things seem to happen in threes....

William A. Thomas - I Love You still......

Genny
August 31st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Very sad day, I think she was one of the kindest, beautiful woman I'd ever seen and cried over her death.

Lisaau
August 31st, 2012, 10:09 AM
((((((((((((Kathy)))))))))))) sorry to hear of the anniversary

bobw103
August 31st, 2012, 10:24 AM
Oh my-I found myself watching this and other UTube videos of her, a very sad day indeed. I am still angry that she was taken way too early in life, as many are. The boys have done well because of her early influence, even Harry. Hats off to him for living the life that most young men are able to live without scrutiny.

rebeccas-sewing
August 31st, 2012, 10:28 AM
Thank you for posting the video, Lisa. It was so nice to see William enjoying life with his mom. So sad it was cut so short. Kathy, I'm so sorry about the loss of your husband. Time really goes by. All I have to do is look in the mirror and realize how my time is moving along quickly as well. Okay! Enough! I'm getting all teary! Diana will always be remembered and truly missed by so many.

Divine Daisy
August 31st, 2012, 10:51 AM
I find this quite difficult. Diana was I am sure a nice woman, she was certainly a nice girl and she was treated very shabbily by the establishment. But she was also a manipulative woman. She used the press in a very professional way to portray the image she chose. She had the press tipped off as to where she would be and then cried harrasment when then showed up.
She ensured they were there when she had a point to make.

She was a good mother and kept the boys 'real' but she did not hestitate to shame their father not just in public but in the media. She did not think of the effect that would have on the boys and it must have been very difficult for them when the public tit for tat rubbish was going on between their parents. The Palace certainly disapproved of her and gave her a very hard time but she was not blameless in this.

The Queen was at Balmoral when Diana was killed, she had two young teenage boys in shock on her hands while Charles went to Paris. Her job at that time was to care for her Grandsons and not pander to the press or indeed the public. The last thing those boys needed was a public spotlight on their grief. As it was their shock and suffering was all too public. Would any other Grandmother be expected to parade grandkids in public and the full glare of the press when they have just been told that their mother is dead? She may be a public figure but she is also a woman with a family she loves and a duty to look after them.

Diana had chosen to leave the Royal family, she was no longer HRH. She was the mother of the future King and as such deserved respect and recieved respect. The Royal standard flies over the palace when the monarch is in residence. Even when a monarch dies the flag in not flown at half mast because there is imediately another monarch

It is sad that she died so young, it is sad when anyone young dies but the mass hysteria has created a legend and like all legends there is only a grain of truth in it.

I am no royalist and in fact would rather do without them, but fairs fair. Diana was a pretty woman, she did a lot for many causes but in the end she was just a woman, with flaws and troubles like everyone else. She was not a goddess.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 31st, 2012, 10:55 AM
Such a sad day, I remember when I heard the news. One week later the world lost Mother Teresa, two awesome women in one week. It is a sad anniversary, because Diana's death was so needless.

bkthomas
September 1st, 2012, 10:11 PM
((((((((((((Kathy)))))))))))) sorry to hear of the anniversary

Thank You Lisa!

auntiemern
September 2nd, 2012, 02:00 AM
Yes it is sad. One of those days I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news. I do however have to agree with the Divine Ms. Daisy. Much like 'stars' here, they know how to work the system and paparazzi. I do however believe that her death was avoidable, in the manner in which it happened, but also believe everyone has a time to die, and it would have happened no matter where she was or what she was doing. As far as her son's being kept out of the spot light, I would not allow any of my grand children to be put on display either. Royal duties aside, the queen was just another granny looking out for her grand children. Just my beliefs. Hope I do not offend anyone by my statements, as that is not my intention.

searchfamilies
September 2nd, 2012, 05:45 AM
I remember that day well, & the following week as different towns all over the UK had a book of condolence at town halls & place to lay flowers to her so while i lived a couple of hundred miles from London at the time it was still as if it was someone close, i now live about 20-30 miles from her final resting place
She left a legacy which very people can say they do & her boys are carrying it on
Hugs Janice (in the UK)

CrazyMtnLady
September 2nd, 2012, 10:40 AM
It amazes me that so much emphasis is put on her anniversary of passing but we do not hear the same about the loss of Mother Teresa, whom in my thinking deserves much more respect and remembrance. I guess we will have to see how much attention she gets in the media come Wednesday the 5th.
Diana was beautiful and I am sure she was a wonderful person. And maybe if she was still around Prince Harry would not be dancing naked in hotel rooms playing strip billiards. But who knows.

BellasQuilts
September 2nd, 2012, 03:14 PM
I was in London on the 1 year anniversary of her death. The amount of flowers was overwhelming. She was a remarkable woman and so are her boys.