PDA

View Full Version : Trolling - no sweat

Blondie
August 24th, 2012, 10:41 PM

Well, I just checked the phase of the moon. It is 56% full. That means only 44 % of trolls should be out there?

Taking a big deep breath here. Okay, here goes. I've had enough. And I mean enough! It is easy to be anonymous in the world wide web. It is easy to create phoney names and join in groups, throw rocks and then leave, never thinking about the hearts your words have wounded.

I am personally serving notice to everyone who gets their jollies out of pm'ing members for the purpose of being hateful, spiteful, nasty, in other words behaving with divisive actions . . . it is going to be ignored on my part. I have been in several groups over the years I have been online and seen many go down the tubes over petty stuff. Well, sisters, remember the adage, don't pet the sweaty stuff and don't sweat the petty stuff? You know who your friends are. We operate here under the umbrella of trust, faith in each other - we actually get happy for people we may never ever meet in this lifetime. Actions that try to undermine the real joy that is experienced here will ultimately fail. If there are folks that enjoy watching people get uncomfortable, fearful and hurt their feelings, you are really in the wrong place. If you are wanting to find a friend or multiple friends who will love you as much as my dog loves my toes, you are in the right place.

I believe you will find that there is always room in here for another smiling face. Life is far too short and far too precious to spend on things that really have no lasting value.

Sisters here on MSQC, don't worry. This too shall pass. Now gather round and say aloud as our Lisa taught us so eloquently . . . Get Knotted!

There, that takes care of that.

NanaB
August 24th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Amen, sista!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 24th, 2012, 10:52 PM
I second the motion. When we see the post, "What this forum means to me", so many folks are here for companionship, acknowledgement, and someone to give them positive feedback on their creative efforts. Sometime we are silly, many times we are serious, but who do we turn to when our hearts are heavy? I'm thinking of Genny from Iowa who went to the forum on her way to the hospital for her granddaughter who was critically ill. And all of the members who have very seriously ill family members or even themselves who need special prayers, here is where they come.

So that is saying that this forum means an awful lot to a lot of people. Personal pettiness, the need to put someone in their place by giving them a hurtful PM doesn't have a place here.

When I am not so happy by something I read, as one member said, I read under another heading. There are a lot of threads you can read that don't have to do with personal things, so just stick to the quilting ones.

And we need to be mindful of someone who speaks out in a hurtful way, perhaps that person's life is rocking on the edge by some big personal difficulty, so let's all be sisters and brothers and think of how words can hurt if they aren't crafted carefully. But let's be kind to everyone.

sewbizzy
August 24th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks Blondie...
Ditto, everything that you said....I wish that I could put into words what I feel like you and a lot of the others here do....I have so come to love this forum, enjoy it everyday, and I don't want want anything to happen to it...
As far as I'm concerned no one has the right to intentionally hurt others...nuff said
Hugs and blessings...

Ginny B
August 24th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Absolutely!!! Well said Blondie.

Ginny B

Debbie MM
August 24th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I third it, I picked this forum because people where supportive

HandsOffItsMine
August 24th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Third here from the Rock in the middle of nowhere. Nicely said my sister! Love you with all my heart!

Huggers, Ruby

Lisaau
August 24th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I agree blondie l love it at night my time in OZ...l go to bed and take my painkillers and get into bed rubb the linament into my knee and surf this forum whilst l wait for it to take effect ...its my nightly dose l go to sleepwith a smile on my face.

MRoy
August 24th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Amen! Good night dear friends!

Lonna
August 24th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Very well said. There is no need to hurt others.

K. McEuen
August 24th, 2012, 11:18 PM
It's sad that there are people that have nothing better to do than to try and cause trouble in a group of online friends.

sewmuchjan
August 24th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I agree with ya'll and sending a big hug to all of you here cuz with ya I would be one very very lonely person, and my quilts would not be quilts at all..((((((((HUGS)))))))))

And to anyone that is hurting so bad that they have to hurt others, I'll pray for you too..ya need to rise above the hate!!!!!

Love, and Blessings for all my sisters and brothers here,
Jan G.

pcbatiks
August 25th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Amen and well said Blondie!

bkthomas
August 25th, 2012, 01:40 AM
I really love this forum and have always thought everyone was very kind - it is sad to think that anyone has received un-kind words....
I Love you all and consider you all Dear friends....

dizzyLiz
August 25th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Well said Ladies........I said the same thing earlier on another thread, Blondie worded it much better then I. Thank you.

dizzyLiz

bec
August 25th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Amen to everyone's comments. Hug to you all.

Madeforyouinma11
August 25th, 2012, 01:55 AM
I agree with everything that was said here. It upsets me that people can be so hurtful. I love all of you and would be lost without each and everyone as each person is special and unique in their own way. This forum is strong and just like Blondie said, "this too shall pass". I have decided that I will no longer give these people the attention that they are looking for..I have friends to talk to and quilts to make. Good night all, sleep tight and pleasant dreams. :)

auntiemern
August 25th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Well said Blondie. I can't imagine anyone being that mean or spiteful on here, cuz this place is so far above that. The love and support that is spread through out this little piece of heaven on earth, is truly inspiring. There is no room here for negativity. In the short time I have been here it has become a place of solace and inspiration to me. All I can say is there must really be something wrong with any one that does not feel the love and friendliness that is M*QF. Peace and blessings to all who live here.

Musical_Starling
August 25th, 2012, 02:44 AM
How anyone can be mean to you ladies (and the scattered gentleman) is completely beyond me. You've all been so nice and helpful, I can't imagine finding a nicer bunch anywhere! Sure, there are differences in opinion and misunderstandings, especially through a computer screen, but that's no reason to be mean! I'm not entirely sure what's happened, I was in the hospital on Wednesday and I'm just coming around today so I've been gone for a couple of days, but it certainly doesn't seem like the M*QC forum I've been used to for the past few months... :icon_stunned:

janluna
August 25th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Oh Dear, Dee why were you in the hospital!?! Are you going to be ok? Prayers being said for you Sweetie.
Thank you Blondie and Jean. Thank you everyone here, for the love and support you have all shown me and everyone else here. I don't know who hurt Blondie or our Daisy, but if I did, they wouldn't like me if I'm angry. I love you all. And Blondie, we have met. I know you have a fantastic loving Man, an artisan well of creativity, that never goes dry. Love and kindness exude from your very pores. You are a wonderful, Daughter, Wife, Mother, and Grandmother. You love your family, your clients, and us. So, yes I have met you and love you, and respect you. Everyday, I come here for my Doan size share of LOVE! It is pure and and exquisite. Everyone on here, (trolls excluded) is someone very special to me. I'm saying prayers for the person who started all this pain of hurtful remarks and nasty comments. Maybe they need God's love in their life. If they stay here, they will find it. No place on this infinite world wide web, has the love, support, kindness, laughter, and fellowship that this group of people have. So, to the troll or trolls, who have caused all this, You're being loved right now, from our Heavenly Father, and us. We will pray the hurt right out of you. If we can't do it, you will leave us alone because God will not let you break us! You will run in fear and find your hateful ways fulfilled on some God forsaken web site, where fear and hatred rule. God and Love, Friendship and caring, Prayers and Grace, rule here. If you want to change your life, and heart, take yourself away, get on your knees, ask for forgiveness, change your name, pick up some fabric and needle, and come back as the new, better you. And we will Love you too. But first, ask God to take the thorn out of your heart.
Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan Luna

Musical_Starling
August 25th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Oh Dear, Dee why were you in the hospital!?! Are you going to be ok? Prayers being said for you Sweetie.

No need to worry, I'm fine now :) I was just feeling crummy for a few days and then on Wednesday morning I could barely catch my breath. Turns out I have asthma and it was being triggered by the heat and humidity since my air conditioner broke last week. So a new puffer and a couple of days of high-dose steroids and I'm feeling good again :D Thanks for caring about me, that's what I love about this place! Just kinda proves my point lol

rebeccas-sewing
August 25th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Glad you're okay, Dee! Thank goodness for doctors and meds, right?

Musical_Starling
August 25th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Glad you're okay, Dee! Thank goodness for doctors and meds, right?

Thank you :) I was joking with hubby when I found out about the asthma that Hulk Hogan had better watch out because I'll be the next one with the 24" pythons after all these steroids. And then to make matters worse when they were trying to put in my IV I broke the tourniquet so the nurse had to go and get another one lol But, as bad as the word "steroid" may be to some people, right now it's the only reason I'm able to catch my breath. So, as Buddy Wasisname (local Newfoundland artist) put it so eloquently, "If it wasn't for the pharmaceuticals I would croak!" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKze_M0zxpg Click for a little laugh when you're feeling crummy about any "medical issues" ;)

carolv
August 25th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Blondie, so sorry you are having to deal with this. Stay strong and know you are loved by many.

Loonwatcher
August 25th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I clearly have missed all the hubbub and am glad of that. Breaks my heart that someone would post messages to hurt my dear quilts friends.

Blondie, you said it girl.

I sure hope nothing I have ever posted has offended anyone. I think I've been okay but I do have a strange and sarcastic humor sometimes so please read twice and find the humor because I never wish to offend anyone.

Love you all.

MRoy
August 25th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Dee, I'm glad you're feeling better. Take care of yourself and keep that great attitude!

Debbie MM
August 25th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Dee glad you are feeling better, I thought I was the only one who broke medical equipment at the doctor's office

Kbaz0130
August 25th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Well said, and I totally agree! We should be lifting each other up. Not tearing each other down. Thanks for saying it better than I could. :D

Genny
August 25th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Well I for one want you to ALL love me as much as Blondie's dog loves her toes!!!:icon_bigsmile:

Genny
August 25th, 2012, 01:08 PM
No need to worry, I'm fine now :) I was just feeling crummy for a few days and then on Wednesday morning I could barely catch my breath. Turns out I have asthma and it was being triggered by the heat and humidity since my air conditioner broke last week. So a new puffer and a couple of days of high-dose steroids and I'm feeling good again :D Thanks for caring about me, that's what I love about this place! Just kinda proves my point lol

Oh my...I'm so glad you're ok now. My youngest daughter has asthma and its really tough on you. Keep your puffer with you at all times in case you need it!

Sandy Navas
August 25th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Well I for one want you to ALL love me as much as Blondie's dog loves her toes!!!:icon_bigsmile:

I love you as much as her doggie loves her toes!!!

Donna F
August 25th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I agree Blondie well said!! If certain eyes don't like what they read they can hit the big X on the top right hand corner of the screen!

janluna
August 25th, 2012, 04:49 PM

Dee,
I never leave home without my inhaler! I have scared the heck out of people when I wheezed so loud, and couldn't get my breath. I hate taking the steroids though. They help, but they make me feel weird! Oh, wait, I AM WEIRD!!! lol Seriously, though, I have stepped outside in this heat and humidity, and felt like I just got body slammed and my breath just gets tight! The winter cold can do that too. I don't know what I would have done without A/C this year. I even have a remote starter on my truck, so I can turn the A/C on before I get in it to go someplace. I'm glad you are feeling better girlfriend. Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

MayinJerset
August 25th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I'm another midnight troller, more like 3am in fact. What would I do without having a safe place like this to come to, I can view some beautiful quilts, read what others are doing and saying and pass the time away until sleep comes again. Beats playing solitaire.

Decided recently that I have to get myself a laptop to bring with me on trips because being awake in the middle of the night in a motel room is for the birds. TV reception is awful, DH gets annoyed if I have a light on to read so I better get a laptop to play with for those times to catch up with the message board doings.

RFREE
August 25th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I read this thread this morning and didn't have time to reply with my 2 cents worth. # 1 Very well said Blondie. #2 Anybody that wants to drag any of us down may as well move on to a different forum because that is not what "we" are all about.As far as I can tell we are all a very tight nit group, out for nothing but the good not the evil.So if kind,caring,loving people are a threat to you MOVE ON!!!!

SuzyQue
August 25th, 2012, 09:34 PM
When I first read this, I was shocked and surprised. I haven't heard of trolls, other than those that live under bridges. I thought this site was so sweet and loving and kind. I had the impression that Blondie was all of these things, too. I am not sure what happened, but hope it never does again. I truly hope I wasn't a part of any misunderstandings, and if so, please pm me and let's get it straight! This is my place of refuge from the sadness and stress of the real world. If you don't agree with what is said on here, then please go away and leave the rest of us alone!

New York Sue
August 25th, 2012, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure what happened, but I'm sorry to hear feelings were hurt. There's just no need for this sort of thing here. This is a such a friendly, creative and informative group, and whenever I start something new, I feel like you all 'have my back'. HUGE, since I am, essentially, an on-line learner.
Years ago, I would post on our local newspaper forum. Local, state and national politics, for the most part.
And I got into some pretty heated threads.... But that was POLITICS! Kind of goes with the territory, right?
But trolls on a QUILTING forum???
It's actually quite BIZARRE.
Blondie, et al...Do your best to IGNORE. When they realize they can't get a your 'ire' up, they'll move on.
I'm quite sure of it.

Musical_Starling
August 26th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Dee, I'm glad you're feeling better. Take care of yourself and keep that great attitude!

Dee glad you are feeling better, I thought I was the only one who broke medical equipment at the doctor's office

Oh my...I'm so glad you're ok now. My youngest daughter has asthma and its really tough on you. Keep your puffer with you at all times in case you need it!

Dee,
I never leave home without my inhaler! I have scared the heck out of people when I wheezed so loud, and couldn't get my breath. I hate taking the steroids though. They help, but they make me feel weird! Oh, wait, I AM WEIRD!!! lol Seriously, though, I have stepped outside in this heat and humidity, and felt like I just got body slammed and my breath just gets tight! The winter cold can do that too. I don't know what I would have done without A/C this year. I even have a remote starter on my truck, so I can turn the A/C on before I get in it to go someplace. I'm glad you are feeling better girlfriend. Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

Thanks ladies :) I had a ventolin puffer anyway (although my Doctor was adamant that I did NOT have asthma lol) and I was using it every day, multiple times a day, but now I have one for the car, one on my night stand, and one in my purse. I'm not going anywhere without that sucker! lol And, I bought a new portable a/c unit to get me through the rest of the summer :D

---------------------------

:icon_offtopic: Back to the point of this thread (lol), I think anyone who tries to "troll" here in the future is going to have a fight on their hands if the responses here are any indication lol Maybe we've scared them all off?

Lisaau
August 26th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Dee...do some searches on google for asthma and magnesium..l've got asthma and l'm seeing a chinese medicine pratitioner for apretty serious condition and he put me on calcium phosphate and magnesium phosphate tablets 3 x3 times a day so 9 tablets to help settle my muscles and my nerves and l've been using them for 4 mths and havent used ventolin or steroids for the asthma for those 4 mths and have no need to.

CrazyMtnLady
August 26th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Well said Blondie.

I have not been on here much in the last few days so I missed whatever you are talking about, but I know what you all mean to me.
Hugs to you all.

Musical_Starling
August 26th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Dee...do some searches on google for asthma and magnesium..l've got asthma and l'm seeing a chinese medicine pratitioner for apretty serious condition and he put me on calcium phosphate and magnesium phosphate tablets 3 x3 times a day so 9 tablets to help settle my muscles and my nerves and l've been using them for 4 mths and havent used ventolin or steroids for the asthma for those 4 mths and have no need to.

I take a multivitamin with 50mg of magnesium in it already, but I may look into this a little deeper when my asthma is actually under control. Right now it's still on a rampage lol I never would have known about this though, so thanks! :)

Monique
August 26th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I don't really know what is going on either, but it is very disturbing that Blondie and Daisy were targeted. Maybe we should get admin to kick them out of here!! Blondie and Daisy and every one else here, your friendship means a great deal to me. Hopefully, this person is gone!

Musical_Starling
August 26th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I don't really know what is going on either, but it is very disturbing that Blondie and Daisy were targeted. Maybe we should get admin to kick them out of here!! Blondie and Daisy and every one else here, your friendship means a great deal to me. Hopefully, this person is gone!

Was it the same person, or separate people? I agree that it's disturbing, especially since both ladies are such sweethearts :) And if it was the same person then they definitely deserve a good boot to the arse!

quiltingtrish
August 27th, 2012, 12:30 AM
I know what this place means to me too. Trolls - out of here and leave my friends alone!!

Dee - I'm glad you are feeling better.

Jan L. - I really must PM you. But now, must get to bed! Just got home late again from my dad's and school starts tomorrow. I'll get to you sometime this week sweetie. Prayers are still coming for Emily.

Hugs all -