PDA

View Full Version : Friday

Blondie
August 24th, 2012, 06:37 AM

Happy Friday, Folksies!

Boy am I glad that it IS Friday - why I don't know since my work schedule today is all upside down and tomorrow I will be paying for it. Some of my regular Friday morning gals can't make it in until tomorrow. Good thing I always have a stitching project for those lo-o-n-n-g breaks. Of course, my dear friend Russell will stop in for coffee and company.

Well dear ones, it is heartening to read (the daily thread from yesterday) this morning of those who like minded. I mean, I first got confused when the few derelict complaints arrived. I couldn't understand what in the heckfire shoot was going on! It's done, fini, swept away, sayonara, and it's FRIDAY! Thank you ALL for your friendship.

Let me tell you I had a marvelous time at the JV football game last evening. Just sitting in the stands, listening to young girls who are just out of tween-hood talk about boys. In the time honored fact, the boys are just as clueless about the girls.
The hometeam won the game, everyone was happy and I determined that next game I am carrying my own pop. 5 bucks to get in, 1.50 for a small drink, 2 bucks for a bottle of water. You gotta be kidding me. I told Steve, they needed to be paying ME to attend. Not really.

Anyone who is keeping up with the Petersen trial must be feeling pretty good about the prosecution's last few days. I think they will end their case in chief and the defense start their yarn on Tuesday. I have had to keep up through the internet, in case anyone is interested there is a web site Justice Cafe which is dedicated to this trial by folks who are much more obsessed than I would ever have the time to be. ( http://petersonstory.wordpress.com/ ) Great links and info.

Remember a few months back when I heard that strange sound in the woods? I just heard it again. goose bumps. I wish I could record the sound and find out what it is. Haven't heard it in quite a while. Definitely not coyote, dog, farm critters.

Good to see Christine back!

Wonderful Friday everyone . . .

SMILE

RFREE
August 24th, 2012, 07:16 AM
SASQUATCH?? Who know what is learking in your woods Blondie. TGIF and to top it off it is payday. Woo Hoo. I haven't had a payday in 2 months.To much going on this W/E I have the choice to go out on my bothers houseboat to Bluegrass on the lake festival or go to a retirement party for a friend.HMMM decisions decisions.What to do?? Bad thing is my stomach is killing me this morning.Whats up with that? We(2 of my sisters and I) are going to have supper Sunday.Can't wait to see how that turns out. Well I better get off my can and get ready for work.I am having my DH take my Yorkie to the vet and drop him off today(skin infection) and I must remember to pick him up on the way home from work.Yall have a good day.And a great weekend.
Hugs
Rhonda

quilter.martha
August 24th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Blondie, a few years back we were hearing a really weird animal sound in the middle of the night. It was really eerie. We finally found a similar sound on the internet. It was a fox! Do you have them in your area?

Today is house cleaning and prepare for my next tax class day. I hope to get a little time to sew as well. The baby quilt I'm working on is going to be so cute! We are having beautiful weather here. Dry air, cool nights and warm days. Couldn't ask for anything better than what we're getting right now.

Enjoy your weekends everyone and do lots of quilting!

MRoy
August 24th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Good morning all and TGIF! Blondie, I was a Band Mom when my son was in school. I still miss going to the band competitions. Definitely take your own snacks...BIG purse! I hope you can identify your critter soon. Our neighbor heard a strange, huffing sound a few nights ago and his dogs were going crazy. Some thought it might have been an elk snorting as they are moving into our area.

Rhonda, I hope you're feeling better later and enjoy whichever event you decide to attend. It would be a tough decision for me because I love houseboating and the opportunities are few and far between.

Martha, you're getting ready for the "tense time" at my house...tax time! Enjoy your class.

Happy Friday to all.

CrazyMtnLady
August 24th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Good Morning! Up bright and early this morning with the coffee on waiting for the kids to get up. They will be leaving this morning to go on to Colorado to camp for a few days before heading back to Indiana. We have had a wonderful visit and are really going to miss them. I am going to have the girl that came with them take a group photo of us so I can make a copy of it and send it to DH's mother in a get well card. Her surgery is suppose to be this morning around 9am Michigan time.
DH's niece is 29 and has had kidney problems all her life. She needs to have a transplant, but they will not even consider doing one until she is in stage 5 kidney failure and she is in stage 4. She is doing very well on medication and I don't believe she has to do dialysis yet. So please keep both the MIL and the niece in your prayers. Sarah Jane (niece) wants me to make her a table runner. She loves blues and also daffodils, so I have been scouring the internet looking at daffodils and daffodil quilt patterns. I think a blue background with yellow daffodils would be beautiful.
The nephew's wife made an Awesome Pear Crisp last night for dessert and it was divine. There is a little left so I am sure DH and I will be fighting over it at some point today! LOL.... maybe I will share it with him.

Blondie: If it is a shrill scream like sound it is a panther. And the fox do have a eerie sound. Here is a great site to check out different animal sounds and maybe you can figure out what it is. They have both mammals and birds. http://macaulaylibrary.org/
Let us know if you figure it out.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Hugs and prayers.

Patrice
August 24th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Good Friday morning all! Blondie maybe you could look up sounds of night animals and find something. That would be interesting. Our yard is turning into something from Bambi. We have chickens (sshh don't tell. Our home owners doesn't allow it) We are one of the lucky lots and have lots of woods around us and privacy. We like to sit out in the early morning or eve and watch everything. We love feeding the birds and along with that of course come the squirrels. we now have some rabbits we feed. We have a couple voles which I would like to get rid of but don't know how. They say they can kill trees and shrubs and the other day we found a good size hole running under a tree that is starting to sway. I told my DH he better take it down before it falls down on the chicken coop. The other night saw two raccoons under the bird feeder. Im sure they are here either for the pond fish or just bidding their time hoping we forget to lock the chickens up one night. The deer have found our raised bed we had on the outside of the fence. Didn't know they loved the leaves of hot peppers.
Hope everyone has a great weekend
Blessing to all :)

EnumclawGramma
August 24th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Good Morning! It is Friday and I work today! Woo Hoo! Not really, I would rather spend the day finishing up the quilt for my DIL but oh well. It's only one day. I can do this. Tomorrow we leave for the weekend to get my SIL packed up and next weekend is the big move....in with us! She has always been one of my most favorite people so this is a good thing.

Blondie, that weird noise? Ugh. We live in the woods too, a couple weeks ago my daughter woke at 4:30 in the morning to something right outside her window in the bushes. She could hear it chewing and swallowing! After checking out the area in daylight we discovered Oregon Grape growing right outside her window and the bushes were crushed down. We're thinkin' Bear. Lovely.

Patrice, word of warning: When we first moved here we LOVED sitting out back watching the birds, squirrels, abundance of hummingbirds....all the wildlife was just amazing! There were bird feeders up in the trees that you lowered on pulleys, at least 7 hummingbird feeders on wonderful poles...it was really neat! So, we started feeding all the critters. DH put corn feeders on the trees and even a nut house right where we could watch and enjoy the antics of the little critters. Ah the joy! It didn't take long until my DH had a full time job every night after work of filling all the feeders! The hummers emptied the bottles EVERY day! Soon we found ourselves having to buy peanuts in 50 pound bags! We couldn't keep enough bird seed! If the feeders didn't get filled daily the little "cuties" would go in the shed and help themselves! We started feeling like we were being used. They're little extortionists! We actually had to figure critter food into our budget! So....yeah, they're cute. But my oh my....

Anyway, I'm off to get ready for work. Have a good day all, prayers and hugs to all who need/want!

aliaslaceygreen
August 24th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Morning!! For a change, it really IS Friday for me!! I go to work at 1m and when I get home I will be off until WEDNESDAY!!!! If only i could say I'd be quilting, but, I will be playing with Layla and then heading to the beach....have a great weekend all!!!

quiltingtrish
August 24th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Happy Friday everyone~~my last day to sleep in until I get a school day off.
A pheasant? I heard one of those at BFF's house and her DH said 'oh, that pheasant again'.
The mowing - which isn't finished yet - took a small toll on this old body. I sat to take a long break and had to have Katie help me up. But I did get out of bed this morning without crawling on all fours so that's a good thing. I have more mowing to do at dad's today but at least his has a motor! Think I am going to spend the night at his house since I am taking a class at a place past his house tomorrow morning. They take a huge leaf and turn it into some sort of ceramic bowl-bird feeder - I saw one and it's so neat looking. A friend had one given to her as a gift and the person that made it said she makes and sells them, so there is a thought for the craft sale I will be doing in November.
Well, better get moving here. Time is a'wasting.

Hugs,

lilmouse
August 24th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Morning everyone.....glad to hear everyone is doing okay...Blondie; please be careful with whatever that noise is you are hearing....Donna, will be more than happy to keep niece and MIL in prayer...that's rough to have to wait until you are so sick before a transplant....Trish..enjoy your time at the beach and don't get burned...quiltinirish be careful with the mowing...don't overdo....Rhonda..I would be going for the houseboat thing...of course I have never been on one....have been on a platoon boat and that was fun....everyone have a great day today..don't work too hard and if you can squeak a little sewing in ...enjoy..hugs and prayers for everyone.....Susie aka lilmouse

Sandy Navas
August 24th, 2012, 11:29 AM
You ladies have worn me out just reading what has been going on and what is scheduled for the day and weekend. And noises in the back yard? I always thought that was Al snoring. You know, now that I mention that he hasn't be quite the snorer he used to be. I think that he's just more relaxed since he has retired.

Anyone else get one of those 60% off coupons at JoAnns next week? Looking forward to using mine.

Yesterday was a mixed bag. Emily called at 9 and said she was finished with all her school work and was ready to go. We managed a drop off at DAV, bought some books at DAV, stopped at a new thrift store (anxious to go back without a kid in tow and maybe a few $$ in my pockets - may have to break the bank), went to see my Mom who had fallen asleep in her wheelchair at the lunch table (waiting to be served). Her head was way down between her knees. I promptly lifted her and put her head up on the table - I couldn't get in that position if I had to. Couldn't get much response from her and then another patient lost their breakfast and I decided neither Emily nor I needed to be so close by. Trip to Big Lots where it too us 15 minutes to locate where they had moved small appliances . . . $14 for an iron with no automatic shut off - they only had B&D's. Then we picked up lunch at Taco Bell (Em's favorite) and went to the car wash for cleaning. Came home and she cleaned the inside windows on my car. Then she helped me fold two huge stacks of fabric onto my foam core boards. I'll have to redo most of them, but it was worth it to have her helping while I tested out the new irons.

New irons - I have a feeling that they don't make them to get as hot as they used to. I had bought a used one at DAV for $3 and tried it first - didn't think it got near as hot as my old one - no wonder someone got rid of it. But, I don't think the new one got as hot either.

And then, while taking Em home she confessed that she really wanted to work more since she needed to open a savings account. I asked what she'd be saving for and she told me she was going to buy a camper so the family could go camping. Then she informed me that I needed to find some place that would hire an 8YO full time so she could fill up the bank sooner. She thought being a person to 'take food to the table' in a restaurant would be a great job for her.

Heading to the sewing room. We are getting drizzles here so I am hoping the skies will open up soon. Love and hugs to all and keep those biscuits under wraps.

Lisaau
August 24th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Aaaawwww bless Em what a sweetie...if l lived closer l would hire her...so she could buy her camper quicker .... What a sweet idea for an 8 year old.......

NanaB
August 24th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Morning to ya--even though it's late! I am taking a lazy day today. I've been on the go all week. I think I'm finally feeling better from the cold/allergy/whatever. I slept for HOURS yesterday afternoon after sewing for several hours at Bee. Going to a charity workshop tomorrow to sew for others. Hope everyone has a great day.

Madeforyouinma11
August 24th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Mornin' everyone! Yes Sandy I do have the 60% off coupon and can't wait. Only I have 3! I got married 3 years ago and changed my name. They send my coupons with my old name and my married name! Plus I downloaded the app on my iPhone so I have one there too! I can't wait. I'm hoping to get some batting with one of them, as long as its not on sale.
Well, I haven't heard any strange noises lately, but Benny(our dog) has. He's been a little crazy the last couple nights thinking there is something outside. We've had coyote at times so it's possible.
Going to Joann's today actually to get a couple things. My daughter came up just a smidgen short on her fabric for her next project, so we need that and I need backing fabric so I can finish one of my quilts. I did start another one last night which should be done by tomorrow, very easy...
Hubby is working overtime tonight..he is working his normal shift but since he is on vaca and was called in, it's overtime! They are short staffed on the overnight shift so he may stay for that too. I miss him when he's not here overnight, but the extra money is nice. Not that it's really extra, but anyway.
So, today will be filled with sewing and getting things done...I hope. I will post pics hopefully by the end of the weekend.
Well, I hope everyone has a great day doing whatever it is you decide to do and a great weekend too!

carolv
August 24th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I just got back from Hancock's fabric and found out they also take JoAnns and Hobby Lobby coupons. Am I the only one who did not know this? WOW have I been missing out! Have a great day everyone.

K. McEuen
August 24th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I just got back from Hancock's fabric and found out they also take JoAnns and Hobby Lobby coupons. Am I the only one who did not know this? WOW have I been missing out! Have a great day everyone.

I found that out fairly recently. It's great because Hancock's carries Mary Ellen's Best Press and the other places don't so I can get it for 50% off usually with someone else's coupon.

NanaB
August 24th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joann's will also take Michaels and A. C. Moore if you have those in your area.

Granny Judy
August 25th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Blondie, check out the sounds of "cats". It is "the season" and they can be very vocal.

Just a quick Hello before getting off here and taking my shower... gotta go out and get some food for the week. Usual Sat shopping date with DD#2. Starting to feel better after having one of my pills do a "side Effect" number on me. Whee, Glad I found out which one to stop taking.

My pile of UFO's are waiting for me ... Still. I didn't know they could be so patient. (sp) I often wish there was a UFO fairy who would come along and do the Finish on some of these quilts and wall hangings. Then I could get to that "wish" list.

My Work Table (next to my sewing machine #2)