PDA

View Full Version : Douwe's quilt update & update on himself

Klasien
August 22nd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Today I started quilting the most beautiful quilttop ever........while working on it I get tears in my eyes, when I watch all those perfect blocks, the sweet words on it and all the notes in front of me on my board....... at the same time I am nervous to quilt it.........I don't want to mess it up............ :(
So I take it very slow, took 2 days off of work to get this baby done.......have to work hard.
It has been sooooo hot the past week, I just could not stand working on a big quilt like that, today it is cooler so today is the day.

Douwe had to go in the Hospital today, tomorrow the doctors will start his last chemo. If everything goes well the bone marrow transplant will be done on Augusts 28th.
He is rested and gained 1 kilo over the last 2 weeks at home, so he is still very very skinny, but he did feel pretty good.

Saterday september 1th I will go and see him, so the quilt will be with me then!!!
I wish I could go sooner, but my DH's car broke down, needs a new engine :( , he had to go to the office for a couple of days and took my car, he will be home this weekend.......the office is in Denmark........so here I am, withyout a car, quilting the day away.....my DD#1 birthay is coming up saterday, Friday very busy day at the salon......being a mom is never a dull moment!

As soon as the quilting is done I will post pictures, I just wanted you to know that I am working on it, and that Douwe is feeling good and start the most important week of his life.........

((((HUGS))))

Jean Sewing Machine
August 22nd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Stay strong, Douwe and Klasien!

Monique
August 22nd, 2012, 09:47 AM
That is good news and you will have that quilt done, no doubt.

Winniesfriend
August 22nd, 2012, 09:52 AM
Thank you for the update, I have been wondering how Douwe is, looking forward to seeing the quilt.

bec
August 22nd, 2012, 10:20 AM
Glad to hear that Douwe is feeling better and is gaining at least a little weight. He is in our thoughts and prayers.

Don't stress out over the quilt. I'm sure you will do a wonderful job on his quilt.

GrammaBabs
August 22nd, 2012, 10:26 AM
Big hugs from here... K and D.... K your a super Mom, Wife and Sister.... D.. you stay strong... we are all thinking of you big time... Barbara/USA!!

madampolo
August 22nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
We will be thinking of Douwe as he goes through this process!

auntiemern
August 22nd, 2012, 11:05 AM
So glad to hear he gained a little weight. That is just wonderful news. I just can't wait to see the finished quilt. Hugs and prayers for you and Douwe as he takes this next step towards getting better.

lilmouse
August 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Keeping both of you and the rest of the family in prayer...that he was able to gain any weight at all is a good sign!

Sandy Navas
August 22nd, 2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks so much for the update on Douwe. He continues to be in my prayers, along with you and the rest of the family.

Also sorry about your husband's bad luck with the car. Hope he can get it fixed soon.

HandsOffItsMine
August 22nd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Glad to hear that Douwe has gained some weight and is feeling good. Keep the strength up, body and soul so to speak. :)

Same for you, dear friend! You'll get the quilting done, stitch by stitch. Bummer about the engine, been there last year. :( At least the transportation options are good in Holland unlike most areas in the USA, we would be stuck for sure.

Make sure you relay our best wishes to Douwe and our love/prayers. Huggers, Ruby and Don

pcbatiks
August 22nd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Klasien, Your work on Douwe's quilt has been amazing and the last step of quilting will look great too! Don't worry about possible mistakes...just relax and feel all of the support and prayers for your family.
Continued prayers for Douwe and all of the family!

rebeccas-sewing
August 22nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Hi Klasien! My goodness, girl, don't be stressin' over that quilt! It'll be fine I'm sure. Thinking about you and Douwe. (I sure would like to know how you pronounce his name!) I'm praying this treatment will help him get better. It's good to hear he's gained a little weight.

Klasien
August 22nd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Hi Klasien! My goodness, girl, don't be stressin' over that quilt! It'll be fine I'm sure. Thinking about you and Douwe. (I sure would like to know how you pronounce his name!) I'm praying this treatment will help him get better. It's good to hear he's gained a little weight.

Good question....never thought of that......my brothers name do you pronounce this way:
At first the D (;)) then the hard part....now with out the N.....after that the E but not as in bE.....more as in ovEr......

Does this help?
Douwe!

Bubby
August 22nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
Thank you for letting us know how Douwe's doing. I will continue to pray...stay strong, my friends. Hugs, Barb

K. McEuen
August 22nd, 2012, 09:20 PM
I'm glad he gained weight, that is always a good sign for a leukemia patient. You'll do fine on the quilt, you have all our hands to help guide you. :)

MRoy
August 22nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
Douwe and you continue to be in my prayers. It's good to hear he's gained some weight. I'm sure you'll do a great job on the quilt.

janluna
August 23rd, 2012, 12:44 AM
Hi Klasien, The quilt will be wonderful. Just wanted you to know that Joe and I pray together for Douwe and you everyday. We are sending healing to him and calm to you. Hang in there Sweetie. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

phoots
August 23rd, 2012, 02:46 AM
I'm still praying for Douwe!!!

Pam in Vegas

rebeccas-sewing
August 23rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks for helping me out with the pronunciation, Klasien! That makes perfect sense. Now when I say his name I won't have to fight with pronouncing it in my head! LOL By the way, Douwe is absolutely going to be thrilled with his quilts! They both look terrific! I especially love what you did with the heart quilt.