PDA

View Full Version : It's Wednesday already

Blondie
August 22nd, 2012, 06:44 AM

It's Wednesday Everyone! The day of the week before Thursday and following Tuesday. The middle of the week. Hump Day.
The day before I go back to the salon . . .

Yesterday I spent some time over at Sis's working in her yard, Mom's yard and more time playing with the dogs yesterday. I need to take another picture of Cheyenne, my DD's shepherd puppy. That dawg is at the awkward 'all leg' stage. Her coat is changing as well, her puppy fluff is going bye bye. Now I really should have been doing a dozen other things more profitable than playing with the dogs - who cares?! My dd's dogs are like grands to me. Speaking of working in yards, Mom's WIP yard is coming along slowly. Yesterday we did get two shrubs planted. What we are needing is some stepping stones for her walkway. I know what I would like but Mom is dragging her feet. Sigh. I should have never asked her opinion. After all, I am always right. I know everything. lol. Seriously, she will most likely defer to what I suggest but I want her to really have what she wants.

Today I will be carrying Mom to the city to visit a friend in the ICU. Then it is to the nursing/assisted living facility. God bless all who work with the sick and elderly. God bless them most sincerely.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

SMILE

rebeccas-sewing
August 22nd, 2012, 07:23 AM
Blondie, When Fall comes you'll have beautiful weather, I hope. That'll be a lovely time to make some fast progress on Mom's yard. I really look forward to the Fall. It really is my favorite time of year. I like spring, too, but there's something about the Fall....

I like today's saying. I hate wearing a bra! I used to be very small and I was very happy with that. These women getting boob jobs for any reason other than medical reasons make no sense to me. Over the years I've gotten a lot bigger in that area! What the heck happened??? I used to wear an "A." Now I wear a "C." I could get away without wearing a bra (back when I was young) depending on the top I was wearing. Those days are gone. Oh, I can get away with it if I'm wearing a tank top under a loose fitting blouse but that's it! I sometimes miss my hippie days! I don't know about where you live, but in California it's all about tummy tucks, fake boobs, lip-o-suction, etc., etc. Heaven forbid you should walk out of the house without makeup and perfect hair!!! Driving big cars and keeping up with the Joneses is another pet peeve of mine. Sometimes I joke with Joe and tell him how lucky he is I'm not high maintenance! He always agrees wholeheartedly. I just spend money for sewing stuff! Hahaha! I could buy a lot of sewing stuff for the cost of a boob reduction. Hahaha!

Blondie
August 22nd, 2012, 07:29 AM
Ah, Rebecca. One of annoyances of a woman's life. Boobs and bras. finding the right bra to fit correctly. Like you, I've blossomed. To the point where I feel sometimes that without a bra, I can sling those appendages over my shoulder. I miss my hippie days as well. Another pet peeve is the older I get the less I like putting on make up. Unfortunately, I need to wear more but make it look like I am wearing less, if that makes sense. Now, on my days off, I don't wear much more than a tinted moisterizer. And when I am working outside, forget about it.
And on the other subject - fall is the time of year I love the best. I love the scent of wood burning stoves, the sound of leaves crunching under my Chucks and snuggling under a quilt.

quilter.martha
August 22nd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Oh my, Blondie and Rebecca, you make me laugh! All this talk on bras! What will the men on our forum think of us?? Just thinking THAT makes me chuckle!

Today is work day at church for me. My schedule keeps changing to accommodate my now teaching tax courses again. Oh how I do not want to think of taxes! But, we have a major certification exam with the IRS coming up and we all need to be ready for it. Otherwise we won't be allowed to do taxes. I think its a good thing to have to be certified by the IRS, but right in the middle of summer is when I least want to be thinking about it.

Now that I have my sampler quilt all finished I've started working on the first of 2 baby quilts. My nephew's wife is expecting a little boy so I'm making them a baby quilt and the second one will be for the new grandmother (my sister).

Looks like its going to be a pretty day here. Fall is definitely on its way. My favorite time of year as well.

Monique
August 22nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
Good morning ladies and gents. Try wearing a prosthetic in your bra. That is really hot on a hot day. Most days this summer, I went without, wearing a very loose top.

I received my package from MSQC yesterday. I bought the twice charm pack. Oh what lovely fabrics. And no, I have no idea what I will use it for. I did work on the baby quilt yesterday and finished the lunch bag for Sadie. The pattern itself was hard to follow but someone has made a tutorial for it and it was much easier to follow. It turned out really cute.

I will be heading to Kingston on Thurs or Friday for the weekend. The military is coming in on Tues to pack them up. Going to help with last minute details. I told them they could have a date night too. Jodi's mom would not babysit one night they wanted date night. How sad is that? Well, they will have it this weekend. I would do anything for my kids.

I will work on the baby quilt some more today.

You all have a wonderful day, because you deserve it.

DCM
August 22nd, 2012, 07:50 AM
I'm so glad it's finally cooler but I can't wait for winter. It's the only time I get significant relief from my allergies for an extended period of time. I keep telling my husband we need to move to the North Pole. Guys don't know how easy they have it, not having to worry about bras, makeup, pantyhose. I wish I could wear some makeup but event "unscented" makeup has enough of a scent to bother my allergies -- I'm extremely sensitive to any scents. I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.

Madeforyouinma11
August 22nd, 2012, 07:54 AM
Wow! I am never here this early.. I didn't go to bed until 2, and I just got up a bit ago to go to the bathroom must be old age, cant make it through the night anymore, LOL. I feel wide awake. I'm sure that will change around mid morning, oh well, that what naps are for.
Blondie, there's nothing wrong with playing with the "kids", it's what keeps us young. My children are grown and I think of my Spaz(the cat) and my Benny(the dog) as my kids. They are certainly spoiled that's for sure. Glad to hear everyone's yards are coming along. Enjoy your day with your mom. I love today's saying, and now that I'm not working, I only wear one when I'm going out! I hate wearing one. I never was blessed/cursed with much in that department. Bothered me some when I was younger but now I'm very thankful...hahahaha
Well, I didn't do much sewing yesterday. I washed my completed quilt, and put it outside for awhile to catch some fresh air then I ironed it, folded it and packaged it up so it is ready to go. I made a bib, and then I cleaned up the sewing room a bit. Needed to straighten up some before moving onto something else. Still have a couple of UFO's that I need to finish up, but of course I'm trying to think about what my next project is going to be.
Today is my 3rd Anniversary...hubby will be home all day. I really don't think that we will be doing anything special today, we don't really make a fuss about our anniversary, no need...he knows I love him, and I know he loves me.... I really want to run to Joann's today for some things so I will leave him to his Xbox while I go there, then we'll hang out, catch up on some tv shows and have a nice dinner...simple, just the way we like it.
Well, it's almost 7 and I've been up for two hours. Maybe I should try to catch a couple more hours now so I won't have to nap later.
I'm glad some of you enjoyed my Irish prayer yesterday. It is a beautiful prayer, it's a favorite of ours and since it's our anniversary, I decided to add it to my signature for awhile.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day filled with nothing but good things!

bkthomas
August 22nd, 2012, 08:12 AM
I cannot read this thread and NOT smile! Blondie and some of the other regulars always make me laugh! Well, guess I'll go say my prayers for all my Forum Friends and turn in.....
Happy Wednesday!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 22nd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hi everyone! Bras R Us, guess we have to accept that. And in order not to look dead, I need a little makeup on.

Yesterday was my first day of classes at the college. The administrators decided Sunday afternoon to cancel one of my program's classes. Couldn't be put into action til Monday afternoon. So not many students were notified about it. Trouble is, for these beginning students, there were no other classes for them to be placed in to. Spent 2 hours trying to place them in something, and apologizing profusely for our institution's ridiculous actions. Of course, every person who we needed to get permissions from was on vacation, out to lunch, every excuse you could think of. It was a rough day. Good news, I have a bigger class than expected, and that means full pay for me! And I have some good students to work with.

Back for more fun today! Hope everyone has a good day!

MRoy
August 22nd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Good morning! I agree that men don't know how lucky they are when it come to some things. I also agree with Blondie about wanting to wear less makeup but needing to wear more and make it look like less. But I'm not going to complain about the wrinkles, some gray hair, or "the girls" going south. I'm still kicking and glad I am!

Happy Hump Day!!

Bubby
August 22nd, 2012, 08:22 AM
Good Morning,

Just another day in paradise here....cool morning with the promise of a glorious pre-Fall day. As soon as the sun is up I'm going into the woods on the 4-wheeler for a nice long ride. There are some good trails around here and even a secret tunnel that goes under the highway. I have a milk crate that attaches behind the driver with a bungee cord and Miss Molly is able to go with me. This is one of our favorite things to do together.

Before we know it another weekend will be knocking at our door. I will sew all afternoon today on a project for my DD....a piece of lovely hand printed fabric from India that she wants me to somehow turn into a quilt without cutting it. I think I will just keep it simple and add a border or two and take it to may LAQer. Marigold yellow has a lot of meaning in the Indian culture (weddings and even one day dedicated to marigolds) so one of the borders will have a marigold background. I'll be flying by the seat of my pants on this one!

I need to see DH off to work....Hugs and prayers all around, Barb

Lisaau
August 22nd, 2012, 08:41 AM
G'day All ...

Blondie l refuse to wear to makeup..never really worn it...Just never been an interest of mine l know l'm weird as sandy would say l've always move to the beat of a different drum and if others dont like it too bad......much too the dismay of my mum at times hahahaha

CrazyMtnLady
August 22nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Good Morning all. Bra or no Bra! I would LOVE to go without my bra and do most of the time, unless someone is coming over or we go to town. And I only where a sports type bra.. or Uni-boob maker as I call them. I hate regular bras and in the heat if I am not wearing all cotton I break out. DH told me I should wear a bra all the time because otherwise they were going to hang to my navel.. I told him I would wear a bra all the time when he started wearing a tight fitting jock strap all the time..!!! And I only wear make up when I go out and that is just a touch of eye shadow and mascara, rarely do I put on foundation or anything like that.
I guess I am just too beautiful to need much help in that area.26728

Mother in law is to have her surgery this morning (should me in surgery now in Lansing, Michigan) I MADE DH call the hospital and ask to talk to the doctor. He has durable power of attorney and needs to know what's going on. They were very helpful and the Doctor's assistant called him back. They prognosis is very good. DH asked the risk factor in this kind of surgery and they said there is only about a 1 to 5% chance of anything going wrong. He was glad he called! He feels a lot better and doesn't have as much anxiety. He is going to get new tires on the truck though just in case he does have to leave for Michigan. I didn't sleep well last night, I was awake praying most of the night. Not just for my MIL but for all of my quilting family as well.

Busy day today, the "kids" will be here later this afternoon and I have to through a ham in the smoker and get the house vacuumed and straightened up. They are only staying until Friday but it will be a nice visit.

hugs and prayers to all.

quiltingtrish
August 22nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
I have your mother-in-law in my prayers. And thanks for the reminder, I have to throw a hunk of meat in the slow cooker this morning.
Katie goes for her check-up on her knee and possibly get a knee brace. She is hoping to go back to work at the farm tomorrow so we'll see what he says. The PT people were surprised that she could bend her knee the whole way a few days after surgery and put her on something like level 5 for her workouts. She is tired of sitting around here. Then we scoot over to the barracks for my annual checkup - nothing major, just getting my meds updated for the next year. A stop at the verizon store for Katie since she said her 2 month old smart phone won't hold a charge. They will probably say we need to buy a new battery.

Since we aren't leaving here until noonish, I hope to do some more work on my Cathedral Windows quilt.

Have a great day all~~
Hugs,

Divine Daisy
August 22nd, 2012, 10:06 AM
I didn't wear a bra until my mid to late 30's. Was an AA cup and frankly it wasn't worth it. In cold weather a couple of band aides did the trick. And thennnnnnnn the t*t fairy arrived, and thennnnn she kept coming back! After my mastectomy I had a spare boob for a while which I hated because I absolutely had to wear a bra. However the 'spare' was always handy to whip out and throw at cats who were clicking carpet. They never knew where it came from. Er...... I did once throw it out of the upstairs window at a cat digging in the garden, what I hadn't noticed was the postman coming down the garden path and he got an earful of rubber boob! Sinse my suck and squirt reconstruction (they suck stuff out of your bum and squirt it into your boob) I am supposed to wear a bra at all times but.......once a rebel....... so I wear one of those sport crop top things mostly, except when it so hot I just can't stand it. then I break out and hang loose.

Now that Mr D has a week's reprieve, he is in his workshop building a new workbench for carving. He has always used his regular bench but says to save his back he needs it about an inch and a half higher. I hope he remembers this when I bitch about my back aching from my sewing table.

Am going to work on the sheep today, I have abandoned the plaid due to its wonkiness. Kind of want to show progress pics but that would spoil what little supprise there is left for Sandy. Opinions please lol

ttfn

Oh oh PS

I have done my design for Ruby's prize. I think (hope) she will be pleased. I am going to make it in silk so it has a lovely gleaming texture.

auntiemern
August 22nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Good day all. Had to get up early this morning as all the GK's spent the night, so had 3 younguns to get ready for school. Ha ha, I am loving this thread. Being a product of the 70's I never wore one and still don't. Only when I was preggers and nursing, and now only if leaving the house. Never was gifted in that area, only time I had cleavage was when I gained a significant amount of weight and was nursing. But was still perky as when I was a teen. Well after losing almost 65# they are now heading south. Why is that the first thing we lose when we lose weight? Any way enough boob talk. Didn't get anything done yesterday, had strained my back cutting fabric and making purses the day before. Better today, so back to the purses. The response I have gotten is awesome, so I need to try to get as many done as I can. Got 3 diff sizes to do, and gonna try 3-4 diaper bags as well. Hugs and blessings to all. And prayers for those in need.

K. McEuen
August 22nd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Ok Rebecca, I don't want to hear any complaining from you. I haven't been able to wear a C cup since the 5th grade.
I should offer my old bras to Boy Scouts to use as twin pup tents.

lilmouse
August 22nd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Hi Everyone....I slept in this morning....am feeling better today....may get into the sewing room yet.....afraid I will overdo once I get started....had a lazy day yesterday and didn't do much of anything....made my first dump cake....yummy and meals consisted of grilled cheese and later a grilled ham and cheese....hope everyone is well; prayers for all and hugs all around....

Sandy Navas
August 22nd, 2012, 12:24 PM
Do I dare chime in on the discussion of boobs, bras, pantyhose, make-up? Do I dare? Okay, I must. 1) if you can stick a pencil, horizontally, under a boob and it falls out you do not need a bra; 2) if you let those babies head south it will keep all the wrinkles out of your face - how do you think I get questioned when I ask for Sr. Citizen discounts?; 3) I quit wearing pantyhose as I have aged because every time I passed gas I'd blow my shoes off; 4) the day I retired I threw all my make-up in the trash, luckily Al doesn't care, doesn't look elsewhere, and we live in an area where I'm considered beautiful . . . must be my personality. However, there are a whole lot of ugly people in this area!! I jest. And, as a follow-up to DD's hilarious story about bopping the postman with a rubber boob. I have a friend who has had a lateral mastectomy - so she had the usual rubber insert. Said at work she had several things she did where she turned towards the effected side and the rubber would wind up in her arm pit. She's twist back and it would stay there. She gave up and said if people couldn't deal with it - well just tough for them.

Company coming - decided on make-your-own wraps and offer ham, turkey and roast beef, Swiss, Colby, and Pepper-jack, roasted peppers, choice of mustard and other spreads; a huge green salad, Texas Caviar . . . and for dessert homemade brownies with vanilla ice cream on top and fudge sauce. If they don't like it . . . well just tough luck.

Still shook about Genny's daughter. Aggravated that Daisy and Mr. D are on hold - disgusted with so many social things going on in the world - disturbed because of the number of fatal accidents occurring around here lately - I don't think the outlook of the world is good at all. Why am I on such a downer?

Band-Aid purchase listed on the grocery list - just in case it turns cold suddenly. The younger crowd can run around with everything hanging out and showing, but heaven forbid anyone see my perkies if I'm chilled.

Hugs and prayers.

cyndiofthevortex
August 22nd, 2012, 01:24 PM
Hi Ladies,

I am still a hippie at 53 (as of tomorrow, that is) and I buy my clothing with an eye for not needing a bra. I hate them and never feel comfortable with one on. Also, no make-up and barefoot as many months of the year as I can! Jeans are my main wardrobe along with comfy jumpers. I shop at Goodwill and keep my clothes forever! Good thing I live in a little town in NH where no one cares how I look. I love it here.

DD Bethany is still recovering from mono so I continue to watch the boys much of the day. I love them and we are becoming closer during this time. They are a bit stressed from their mom needing so much rest so I am trying to follow Sandy's lead just a little bit and keep them active and occupied. Yesterday we filled the driveway with chalk drawing and jumped all over them in the cool of the early evening. They laugh hysterically at how I run and jump! I'm trading my sewing time for Grammie time. I think it's a good choice. There's always another day to sew but these precious boys will grow up and I will miss these 4 and 5 year olds that I love with all my heart.

middlesis1966
August 22nd, 2012, 05:04 PM
lol girls I'm glad I'm not the only one who has bra issues. The joke about me in school was that I was the president of the itty bitty titty commitee. Oh lets not forget my personal favorite, I was a carpenters dream, "flat as a board. The list is endless. I even got a big fat F for not wearing a bra. I was like really there is nothing there so why wear one. Then she explains that I could wear a training bra. I'm like train what? Mind you I was on her list from that moment on. The sad part of all this is, I had to get cancer in order to get bigger knockers. Hello I went from flat to va va voom! I'm no Dolly Parton, but I'm sure not a carpenters dream anymore.

Have a fun filled day all!

bobw103
August 24th, 2012, 10:14 AM
OK-since Blondie's 'apology' about this post I just had to go back and read it-since I missed it when it was posted. I have to chime in since I am a survivor. My little biscuits hung down to the belly button before diagnosis. After the original mastectomy there I was flat flat flat on one side and the other tickling the belly button. When my onc suggested a prophylactic mastectomy I immediately agreed for two very good reasons-the BC of course and hey perky boobs at the ripe old age of 50! I went thru the process bragging the entire time that I would have the perkiest boobs in the bunch-listened to the surgeon when he suggested I go with a B rather than the C that I wanted-and when it is all said and done I have gained weight everywhere but the boobs that are most certainly not perky. The right is not so bad but the left...well she no longer tickles the belly button but she is resting under my arm pit and the muscles contracted so it is oddly shaped.
Buying a bra...HA. You should have seen the look on the ladie's face who was assisting me in the store a few years back. She couldn't understand why nothing was working and I showed her the reason....oh dear poor thing.
As I type this I am so laughing. That's what I get for telling everyone I was gonna be the perkiest one in the bunch and as my Gram used to say 'Wish in one hand and s -- t in the other, what do you get more of ' Yep Gram you were so right.