PDA

View Full Version : I'm on my knees

Poppytree
August 22nd, 2012, 12:55 AM
Need to pin-baste granddaughter number one's quilt together ready to stitch in the ditch, trim and bind. I have to get it finished for her birthday in 5 days time!

Its on the tiled floor and I'm off to get a cushion to protect my knees while I do it. I've used a cuddly blanket from IKEA for the backing and lightweight washable wool batting to keep her warm and to help stop it slipping on her bed.

bkthomas
August 22nd, 2012, 12:58 AM
Well, I was all set to offer prayers but....well actually that is a good idea, I'll do it!!!

Poppytree
August 22nd, 2012, 02:01 AM
Thanks - always good to spend time on knees and I've basted the quilt at the same time as having a chat with 'the Boss'

Bit sore now (even with the cushion) and my face is very red. Ready to start stitching now ..................... back later.

Blondie
August 22nd, 2012, 06:51 AM
I like this! Great combo

Poppytree
August 22nd, 2012, 07:21 AM
Hooray ............. All the stitching in the ditch done now - very difficult with that fleecy backing but at least it will be warm and cuddly! I'm now ready to sew on the binding and trim back. Should get it done by the weekend! Picture to follow soon.

quilter.martha
August 22nd, 2012, 07:38 AM
What a sweet quilt! Your GD will love it.

Monique
August 22nd, 2012, 07:53 AM
It will be treasured forever.

Patrice
August 22nd, 2012, 08:32 AM
Very nice. I now put two folding tables together. To hard on my back getting down there

Jess1377
August 22nd, 2012, 08:41 AM
That is a really sweet looking quilt you made! The colors are really great together and I bet your GD will love it. Good idea about the back of the quilt to help it from falling off the bed. I will keep that in mind when I do a project for my DS!

New York Sue
August 22nd, 2012, 09:20 AM
Beautiful quilt!
Love the pattern and color selection!

auntiemern
August 22nd, 2012, 11:18 AM
Love this quilt. I would never have thought about doing a rail fence on point. Lovely.

Sandy Navas
August 22nd, 2012, 01:10 PM
Love the quilt.

I had to change religion when I had my knee replacements because I can't get down on my knees any more. The man in charge listens to me anyway.