PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is the day

Divine Daisy
August 21st, 2012, 07:48 PM
Mr Daisy goes into the unit tomorrow (providing they have a bed) for the long haul of a month in one room. I will try to check the forum in the mornings before my day really starts. Once it does I will be driving or running for trains for most of the day. Going to try to sew in the evenings to stay sane.

For the first 5 days he will feel not too bad as they put in the marrow distroying drugs, once they begin to work he will feel awful and probably not be fit for visiters too often because they will keep him fairly doped to get him through. He will undoubtably get an infection because without his bone marrow his friendly bacteria will become not so friendly and thats when he will feel his worst. However, the man has superhero stem cells waiting for him. They harvested his own back in may and they are sitting in the freezer all ready. Once he is through the chemo and has pee'd it out lol they will give him his stem cells and they can make new bone marrow which will we hope not make cancer cells.

So have a drink to him please, be it wine or soft drink. Raise your glasses ladies to a very brave man who will get through this too.

Monique
August 21st, 2012, 07:52 PM
A toast for Mr. D and yourself. May everything go well, sounds like it will. You are both very strong people. Just remember to look after yourself along the way.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM
It's the final step on a long journey! Stay strong, Mr. Daisy, we'll see you well and vigorous at the finish line!

bkthomas
August 21st, 2012, 08:05 PM
Am raising my glass to Mr. and Divine Daisy - SKOL - Prayers in abundance!!!

Loonwatcher
August 21st, 2012, 08:13 PM
I raise my glass to both of you. You are both very brave. Praying all goes well.

HandsOffItsMine
August 21st, 2012, 08:27 PM
Raising our Cranberry/Pomegran/Seltzer to toast our two favorite Brits! Prayers for both of you, super strength to Stewart, may the quilt of love keep him warm.

We'll be here to support both of you, either of you will be alone!

Huggers, Ruby, Don and family

RiverMomm
August 21st, 2012, 08:39 PM
Raising my glass of iced tea to you and Mr. Daisy! Take care of yourself!

K. McEuen
August 21st, 2012, 08:52 PM
Wishing the best to both of you. Don't run yourself ragged while he's in the hospital.

Ginny B
August 21st, 2012, 08:59 PM
Raising my cup of tea in a toast to Mr. D and you too Daisy. You are both very strong people. Don't forget to take care of you.

Ginny B

quiltingtrish
August 21st, 2012, 09:34 PM
I'll be thinking and praying for you Mr. D. and Mrs. D. as the next month comes along. Don't feel as if you are alone, we are here for you. And, just think of those good, healthy stem cells jumping up and down waiting for you.

Hugs,

MRoy
August 21st, 2012, 09:44 PM
A toast to Stewart and Alison, two wonderful examples of strength and courage. God bless you both. You'll be in my thoughts.

bec
August 21st, 2012, 09:52 PM
Praying for Mr. Daisy to have abundant strength to endure the next month and for you to have strength so you don't wear down. Here's a toast to healthy stem cells and to a full recovery for Mr. Daisy.

BellasQuilts
August 21st, 2012, 10:11 PM
Sitting down now with a glass of chardonnay reading this. A toast, to you me boy, Stewart. Stay strong, man, chin up your girls are all here for you. Allison, keep us posted on your health and know we will give you a swift boot if you are overdoing it. We have to keep track of Stewart's best girl for him. Seriously though, sending you lots of love and hugs to you both. You will get through this.

sewmuchjan
August 21st, 2012, 10:24 PM
A toast for Mr. D and yourself. May everything go well, sounds like it will. You are both very strong people. Just remember to look after yourself along the way.

Yes what Monique said....

I am toasting to you both for an wonderful out come. Darn I wish it was a Black and Tan but a toast is a toast. Love you both and God's Speed for a whole healing and do take care of yourself Ms. D. Love ya.

Blessings for a total healing,
Jan G.

Lonna
August 21st, 2012, 10:38 PM
Here is a toast to you both. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Jess1377
August 21st, 2012, 10:49 PM
A toast to the both of you, of my finest sparkling water, for speedy healing & recovery so that Mr. & Mrs. D can get back to happier times. Wishing you all the strength Daisy... my heart goes out to you so very much!! Prayers from my DH and I for you will be ongoing.

NanaB
August 21st, 2012, 10:49 PM
Prayers and hugs to both of you. Please, Daisy, take care of yourself during this time. Mr. D needs you to be strong and healthy while he is going through this next stage of his treatment. Love to you both!!! God is in control.

Sandy Navas
August 21st, 2012, 11:06 PM
Do five Bombay Sapphire & tonic count? That's me with my hand on your shoulder and another around your waist to hold you up. You will be fine. Time may seem as if it is standing still, but once this is over the two of you can waltz again. Love you very much DD and Mr. DD. I hope that dear man doesn't forget to take his favorite stuffed cat for comfort.

cherokeerose
August 21st, 2012, 11:14 PM
Raising my evening cup of Irish Cream and Coffee to Mr and Mrs Daisy. Ms Daisy I don't post very much but I since I have become a member of this forum I have followed your post. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers, and you take care of yourself it is so hard on the family during this time... Cup raised for you both.

auntiemern
August 22nd, 2012, 12:36 AM
Here is to Mr. D. Hugs and prayers for both of you as well. Don't forget to take care of yourself, you aren't going to do him any good if you make yourself sick. Sending all the positive energy I can to the both you. Hugs and Love.

sewbizzy
August 22nd, 2012, 12:40 AM
Prayers going out to Mr. D and you also Mrs. D...
will be thinking about you both often on this journey...
Hugs and Blessings

csarina
August 22nd, 2012, 05:20 AM
Keeping you both in my prayers, try not to run yourslef ragged, you need to be strong too.

rebeccas-sewing
August 22nd, 2012, 05:49 AM
Hugs for Mr. D. What will he do in there to keep from going nuts with boredom? Lots of reading material? I assume there's TV.

Madeforyouinma11
August 22nd, 2012, 06:54 AM
Will be thinking of you both! We will all be here for you in the weeks ahead. Mr. D, go kick some butt and don't let it kick back! Mrs D, you take care of yourself..make sure you rest and eat!

Blondie
August 22nd, 2012, 07:01 AM

Raising a glass to Stewart and our Divine Daisy. A toast of hope and healing.

Patrice
August 22nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Prayers for you and toasting