PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Greetings

Blondie
August 21st, 2012, 06:46 AM

Hello all of you lovely Folksies

Still sipping on my cuppa, since I put it down somewhere and can't find it now. I may just give up and go pour a fresh one. I have been grooving on the cooler morning temps the past few days. Only thing that could be improved upon is the humidity. Just saying . . .

Speaking of weather, our past few days have not only been cooler in the mornings, but we have been having a few days of overcast skies and a bit of rain. Just a bit of rain. Enough to make the roads wet but not enough to cause standing water anywhere. Sure wish I could send it to y'all out in the midwest who so need it. According to our local peeps, we are still dry. Just try to dig a hole and you would agree. That old red clay is like busting up brick when you are trying to plant something.

I am going to try to update my photo albums with a few things I've been working on this past summer. Some items have already been sold and some are not totally completed. Since my days are always so fragmented I don't always take pictures when I should and of course, I don't always remember to share as I should. Partly because not everything I create in not quilty. I also like decorative painting, sculpting folk art dolls, etc. So, for whatever it is worth, you can always take a peek. Okay Ruby, thanks for the push. I generally get a few orders starting at this time of year. So I really need to begin cranking.

Hoping each one here has a wonderful day. For those in need, I hope that today is better than yesterday for you. I am praying for those here who have posted their needs. Special prayers for Genny and Shirley again this morning.

Bubby
August 21st, 2012, 07:18 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Blondie I love the projects you've been working on!! You have been busier than me!!

It has cooled down here, too, especially mornings. I can feel Fall just around the corner. Yesterday was a big day...my pinnie arrived! This was a fun swap!! I have so many WIPs that it makes my head swim. I just signed up for a machine embroidery quilt class on Craftsy and so far it's fantastic...pretty sure I can do it. It has to take a back seat until some of my UFOs are taken care of.

I'm having a rough week healthwise...but I'm pushing myself to not give in to it. I know many others on this forum know what I'm talking about in terms of pushing on.

Special prayers this morning for Douwe, Mr D, Lonna's Wayne and everyone and their loved ones who need prayer. I'll check back in later....have to get DH off to work and wake Molly up for her breakfast and meds morning meds.

bkthomas
August 21st, 2012, 07:52 AM
Ooops! Looks like bedtime for me! Been up all night catching up on my Craftsy BOM - did my 1st Ohio Star and am very happy with it!!! Have done July's and now 1/2 of August - will post pics when they are all done. Skipped June because I just didn't care for those 2, now I just need to get a double star done - I love pinwheels and stars!
You are all in prayers as always, Kathy

CrazyMtnLady
August 21st, 2012, 08:32 AM
Morning all. Looks like there are a lot of our quilty friends in need of prayers this morning. My heart goes out to all of them.
DH's mom seems to be holding her own. They can't do the open heart surgery until next week. She is on medication for blood thinning and they needed to take her off that and wait a while first.

Am sore as heck today. We really worked hard cleaning the yard up yesterday. DH even power washed the deck! Haven't seen him work this hard in a long time. But his nephew is like a son to him and he is excited that he will be here tomorrow.

Well, coffee is about done and I need to get started on a few things. Have a great day all.
Prayers and hugs to all.

meemeecyn
August 21st, 2012, 09:24 AM
Good morning, everyone. Thankfully it has been cooler, easier for sleeping. Hoping to organize fabric this morning. Using up scraps for hot pads, etc for our fall hospital craft fair.

Prayers going out for all who need them. One day at a time, maybe even one minute at a time.

Take care all my quilty friends.
Cynthia

HandsOffItsMine
August 21st, 2012, 10:48 AM
Morning all...some crazies were fighting at the bus stop at 3 am! I could hear them on the 15th floor!! UGH!

Blondie, glad you posted your pretties! More than happy to be the push under your wings, hehe

Extra prayers for those called yesterday, may these emergencies be in capable doctors' hands.

Hope everyone has a good day, been up for 45 reading/writing emails...think I can fall back to sleep......xoxo

Sandy Navas
August 21st, 2012, 11:01 AM
I got waylaid this morning just as I was about to start my post here. Some days DD talks too much and some days I can't get her to answer the phone. She's got a couple of kids upset because school started yesterday. Emily is upset because she didn't get everything she had planned for FUN this summer - and even more upset if Mom tells anyone that's why she's upset. Zoe, 3YO, is ANGRY because "You didn't get ME any school books!!" Zoe is also following behind Rita (who just started kindergarten) and answering things Rita is asked to do - because Rita is complaining that 'schoolwork is hard' and 'it's hard to write things', and 'do I have to do this?' Zoe says "I'll do it, Momma!" DD asked Rita on Sunday "Are you going to start kindergarten tomorrow?" And Rita told her "If someone will show me how to get it started."

I did service, cleaning, tunes up on four of my older Singers yesterday. The girls love sewing on them and if they wind up with broken threads or something they give up. Also got my Christmas 2011 3 Dudes SWAP blocks put together. I'm going to add borders from the 2 1/2 inch strips I had cut to possibly make more blocks. I'm going to do them like a Jelly Roll quilt and keep sewing around the border until I have them all used up. Should be fun and truly different. But, HEY, I have a different drummer.

Speaking of drummers - Emily is giving up her guitar lessons to begin drumming lessons. Frankly I think Mom and Dad are nuts, but it is so very important to Emily. Michelle has decided to quit her guitar lessons, too, and will be starting back on piano as soon as her piano teacher gives birth - due just about any time now. Sierra loves the guitar and while she'd love to take gymnastics she's resigned to keep up with the guitar - she's starting her 7th year of lessons and her instructor, a prof at the local Univ. says she's better than most of his college-aged students. I love to hear her play.

Okay - lunch guests tomorrow and I still haven't decided what to serve. I'd love a couple quiche and salad - BUT I have one guest who is strictly meat and potatoes, one who watches carbs and avoids eggs and cheese . . . I just may sneak into the Hy-Vee and see what's on their lunch menu in the buffet and load up.

The house needs some attention and Al has promised to 'clean the living room'. Let's see how much he accomplishes. I did give him a choice of chores.

Amazed at the number of people truly suffering with health issues. Those prayers are being uplifted as I type - my heart aches for their families, too. Hugs to my bestest of buddies here on the forum. And, if you are being quiet about your aches and pains I've included you in my prayers, too. For all others: WAY TO GO!!

cyndiofthevortex
August 21st, 2012, 11:11 AM
Hi everyone,

I sadly have to admit that we have lost one of our kitties. Binx was the handsomest cat ever, but always outdoors except for a quick meal and a scratch under the chin. He was very affectionate and loveable. We haven't seen him in two weeks now. I am hoping someone has fallen in love with him and is keeping him indoors someplace so he can't get back to us. I hate to think anything else. I also think our oldest cat, who is 13, is dying. Little Huntress is hardly eating or drinking and is pitifully lying around with big eyes looking up at us. She's a good, faithful kitty that we all love. I hope she goes peacefully.

DD Bethany is in recovery mode after having mono this summer, so I am Super Grammie (not as super as Sandy by any means) every afternoon so that she can get some extra rest. We are having some fun the three of us. But I am tired out when they go home! Little kids are definitely for the young.

This morning I am alone and am going to look at and think about how to finish a little hand appliqued wallhanging I have been working on. How to quilt a quilt is the hardest part for me by far! I'm always afraid I will wreck things by my quilting. That's why I have so many UFO's !

A good day to you all, filled with peace despite the troubles that life brings. Grab on to joy and don't let it go.

lilmouse
August 21st, 2012, 11:20 AM
I am up and moving....saying prayers for all who need them......still waiting for my cuppa...still brewing! SO is back to work so I am on my own...now I can slow down and try to heal a little bit....very sore but haven't taken anything for pain...prefer not to if I can...may have to today......no idea what I am going to do today...left my phone at my girlfriends...will call her later and see if she found it...lots of kids running around so may have to get a new one and track down phone #'s....knew I should of made a hard copy of those #'s....oh well....bought more zippers yesterday...having been making the box pouches from Crafty Gemini that someone posted earlier (maybe a couple of weeks ago). They are fun to make and everyone loves them!

Monique
August 21st, 2012, 12:25 PM
Almost good afternoon. Slow moving today. It was the most beautiful and quick wedding ceremony I have ever attended. We all gathered for lunch (10 of us) at a chinese restaurant. A lovely time was had by all. On the way home, we met a friend at a gas station and next thing you know, we are there having a few drinks. Once we got back to Shawville, which was at 7pm, we went for supper at our local chinese food place for dumplings. Mmmmm good. On the way home, hubby HAD to stop at another place, so there we were for another couple of hours. I ended up driving home because driver was too drunk. Got home at about 12:30am. Splitting headache today and I will need more rest.

All in all it was a good day.

Take care everyone.

quiltingtrish
August 21st, 2012, 12:38 PM
Morning all~~
Trying to catch up here, but not getting too far. It is amazing with all and their ills, prayers come every night for those afflicted. And like Sandy says, even those that might not speak up.
Spent all day yesterday going through my clothing. Really - all day? That's nuts. I do have 3 bags to go to Goodwill, a bag for the trash, and a bag of rags for DH. I usually do that chore 2 times a year, but didn't get to it for awhile, don't know where they all came from.
Cleaned up the basement a little, lots more to go. Wish I could get DH to agree on getting rid of stuff - good thing it isn't in our living area.

Off to visit and have lunch with my bestest today. School starts on Monday here for me so want to get that last lunch visit in while we can. Will probably hit Joann's and also Walmart where I'll have the latest quilt photos printed for my hard album.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. I'll check back in tonight.

Hugs,

Lonna
August 21st, 2012, 12:40 PM
Good Morning Ladies,

Another over cast day here the past 3 or 4 days we have had some really rough weather. Most of the time it hits around early afternoon. We need the rain but not in the downpours we have been getting. I really wish I could send some to those who need it. My grass has grown so much it really needs to be mowed but it is so wet that can't really get out there to do it. Dear Wayne is just not up to getting out there in too much pain to get on the riding mower. Maybe my dear brother will get it done this morning for us before the rains start again. One of the oh so many perks of the whole family living on the same three acers.

Looks as if I will be needing to take half day off Friday as Wayne will get the results from his latest CAT scan then and figure out where we are going from there. He says he does not want to take anymore chemo and they will not do anymore radiation on him. He is to the point he would rather go for quality of life. But I don't know he just stays in so much pain now. He is up to 4 to 5 loratabs plus at least one morphine tablet aday now. He has always been a strong man most look at him and don't even know he is sick. But I am seeing him go down a little more every week. I am sorry to burden you all with this but other then my Mother I really have no one to talk with about this. Sue who lives with us is still in denial about the whole thing does not want to believe that he is sick as he is. So does not do me much good to unburden my self on her. I do my best to put up a strong front in front of my Mother. She is 79 bless her heart she does not need to be worring about me she has plenty to worry about with my brother who has had a kidney remove about two months ago and my father who does things a man his age should not be doing. Like trying to keep three acres mowed and weedeated. At least he has givin up on trying to keep the ditches mowed down after the last time he got the mower stuck. Our neighbor has become an angle and sprays them for us now.

Any way enough of my rambling today have a wonderful day and prayers and blessing out for all those in need and those who are not.

buckeyequilter
August 21st, 2012, 12:45 PM
Good morning...

First of all I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers - it means so much. I just pray that she doesn't have to endure a lot of pain and has a peaceful passing, when that time comes. I called my brother in SC last night and he's changed his plans for this week and is coming home on Thursday for a few days, to see mom, and then will be here in September.

I finished mom's quilt top last night and then started to do the back and didn't have enough fabric. I ordered more and hope it gets here with a quickness....when it does get here I will be quilting like a mad woman to get it finished. My sister just called and said "your ex-ahole is here visiting mom", she said mom and him are in there having a grand ole conversation *lol*. I sure hope he doesn't repeat anything mom says.

DH is making chili for supper tonight....cooking it over an open fire outside. I got up this morning and it was raining...so that was nice. It's beginning to feel like fall here - love it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Prayers and hugs to all.

Sandy Navas
August 21st, 2012, 01:47 PM
Lonna - I can't imagine how you make it through the day. Rest assured you can always let go here though. I've kept you and Wayne in my prayers and will continue to do so - and the rest of your family, too. Same to you, Shirley. Life isn't easy, is it?

I have to share - trying to get the house spruced up just a wee bit before company tomorrow. Al offered to help. He has NEVER done a lick of work inside the house outside of maybe picking up the table after dinner and occasionally rinsing dishes to put in the dishwasher. I have forbidden him to touch the laundry since he can't find directions to locate something. I told him the other day that it must be very nice to go through life not knowing where anything is and not even having to try to remember because he had ME to do it for him. Anyway, bless his little pea-picking heart, hes cleaning and managed to take two hours to break and service the vacuum. Wish I had a movie camera.

HandsOffItsMine
August 21st, 2012, 01:50 PM
I am sorry to burden you all with this but other then my Mother I really have no one to talk with about this.

(((Lonna))) DO NOT apologize to us about sharing your worries and pain regarding your husband Wayne's illness/how he feels or how you're doing. We're a family of friends here that are more than just quilters, you should know that by now. Both of you have been in our prayers and will be. :) I know when Mom was sick, her father was in denial 'till the end. Sure could have used a place like the Forum, so you share when you need to. PM me or email me at rubyschmer@yahoo.com

Don had a massive heart attack in 08, 2 stint surgeries in between and emergency open heart surgery in 09, we been together since '79 - I've been scared Sweetie. Know you are loved and I think of what you're going through.

Much love and huggers, Ruby

Madeforyouinma11
August 21st, 2012, 03:12 PM
Good afternoon quilting buddies! I've spent my day so far getting the meat for dinner marianating, little pick up here and there, and browsing the web and the forum. More of the same today, working on some UFO's and last night I started a table runner using the tumbling block. I don't know about all of you, but I love to have printed patterns, but I always change them to what I want. I only use them as a guide. I decided that I wanted to make matching potholders but the tumbler is too big, so I traced it and reduced it by 50%, made a template and now have cute little tumblers for a potholder. I will post pics when the set is finished. My daughter started making a table runner also, after the memory game squares, and she is doing a wonderful job. Teaching her has been fun. This table runner will be the first thing that she has ever sewed and quilted, and she is now sewing the binding on, by hand. I will post a pic when she is done. She had so many doubts but I knew she would be fine. Both my daughters take after me as far as we love crafts of any kind so I knew she would catch on. Well, off to do more sewing. Hubby took some overtime today so he won't be home til later and I am all alone here for now.

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

buckeyequilter
August 21st, 2012, 04:38 PM
And until we meet again,

We were married at a Ren Faire and this was one of the songs that was sung.

bkthomas
August 21st, 2012, 07:40 PM
Good afternoon quilting buddies! I've spent my day so far getting the meat for dinner marianating, little pick up here and there, and browsing the web and the forum. More of the same today, working on some UFO's and last night I started a table runner using the tumbling block. I don't know about all of you, but I love to have printed patterns, but I always change them to what I want. I only use them as a guide. I decided that I wanted to make matching potholders but the tumbler is too big, so I traced it and reduced it by 50%, made a template and now have cute little tumblers for a potholder. I will post pics when the set is finished. My daughter started making a table runner also, after the memory game squares, and she is doing a wonderful job. Teaching her has been fun. This table runner will be the first thing that she has ever sewed and quilted, and she is now sewing the binding on, by hand. I will post a pic when she is done. She had so many doubts but I knew she would be fine. Both my daughters take after me as far as we love crafts of any kind so I knew she would catch on. Well, off to do more sewing. Hubby took some overtime today so he won't be home til later and I am all alone here for now.

And until we meet again,

Now I see I'm not the only one!

Cil, Thanks for this poem/prayer - I love this one!

Madeforyouinma11
August 22nd, 2012, 06:50 AM
My husband has some Irish in him and it is one of our favorites too. You're welcome!