PDA

View Full Version : Monday - get ready for a new week

Blondie
August 20th, 2012, 06:51 AM

Happy Day, Folksies

Although I suppose Sunday is really the beginning of the new week, Monday seems to be the one that is the hurdle. Sunday is generally the day that for me I can kind of shake the dust off of the previous week, re adjust my attitude for the upcoming week. I am not the kind of person who makes resolutions on New Years Day. I am the kind of gal who has declarations and decrees on a daily basis. That for me is sort of like resolutions. So, here I find myself on Monday morning, kissing hubby dear as he goes to work, reading a bit on the forum that I missed last afternoon and evening. How fortunate I feel to be able to sit here knowing that there is nothing that I cannot handle today because I keep focus on my faith. Not that this is always a given or easy thing to accomplish. But because I make it a priority for me, I can make it part of my daily "routine" for my dear friends here on this group. Even if I have never responded to a thread you've participated in, even if you haven't heard from me in a coon's age (just for you Rebecca), please be aware that you are loved and prayed for. Doesn't matter time and distance. We are all here at the right time. Big hugs and prayers for my MSQC folksies.

Now yesterday was a truly lazy day for me. It sprinkled most of the day; a light misty kind of rain that was so theraputic for me personally. I spent the majority of the day in the basement with my kitty. I sewed a little, watch OLD b/w movies from the 1930's a little, thumbed through some magazines a little - in general doing what I never get to do. While I normally dream of a day like this, it was my haven yesterday. It's been sooooo long since I could say that I had a day that was uninterrupted . . . WOW.

Today is already going to be a busy one. Must get myself in gear.

Good to see May in Jerset back. Prayers for each of you. Don't every forget how necessary you are.

S M I L E !!!!!!

Monique
August 20th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Good morning. Blondie, glad you had a relaxing day. Yesterday I started a lunch bag for Sadie. Who knew a lunch bag was so much work.

Off to a wedding in a few minutes. Will tell you all about it later.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Bubby
August 20th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Good Morning,

It's actually a bit chilly this morning...54 degrees! This is what I've been dreaming about for the last two months! We had a little rain a few days ago and the grass no longer crackles and crumbles when you walk on it.

We had a very good day yesterday....just goofed off, I played with the embroidery side of Lola and figured out some things, we ate a lot of good food, watched NASCAR and took a nap! I took my nap during NASCAR...I must have been pooped.

Today I will catch up with the laundry and change the bed. Other than that, I'm going to take it slow and slower and maybe embroider some quilt labels for the quilts I made in the last year! I have a quilt project to do for my DD and a little more of my Wacky Web quilt to finish and they can all go off to the LAQer.

The morning is calling me outdoors...so I'll check in later to see how everyone's doing. Hugs, Barb

Ginny B
August 20th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Happy Monday all! And it is a good Monday for me since I don't have to go to work! DH and I are off today and tomorrow and looking forward to just sort of meandering through the two days. Probably a trip down to the beach again today. It's not going to be very hot today at all (only in the high 70's) so it will be nice down there. Not crowded at all. We were at the beach for a couple of hours yesterday with little Max and my step-daughters and their husbands. It was a fun time. It's good to hear Max talking more. He goes to speech because he just wasn't talking. He can even say my name now too! :) And he's putting together small sentences. Yesterday we also got some new plants to put in for the fall. I know that sounds like work but to me it's fun. And it's just a few so it won't actually take too much time.

Blondie, glad you had such a wonderfully uninterrupted day yesterday. Barb, have fun with those quilt labels and Monique, enjoy the wedding.

Ok, I'm off to start this wonderful Monday. Have a good one everyone.

Ginny B

rebeccas-sewing
August 20th, 2012, 09:34 AM
WOW!!! Blondie - So happy you had some time to yourself with kitty along. Try to have more of these days if you can. They are good for the soul!

Interested to hear about the wedding, Monique! Who's getting married?

Barb- Those first cool days after a heat spell are always so invigorating! London has cooled off today but the weather was up to 90F the past few days. Last night Joe and I went to the local pub around the corner for a pint to cool off. We went right after dinner so I was lucky to get a few gulps down before turning the rest over to the big guy!!! Who knew ale was so filling???

Today I finally finished making 64 16-patch blocks for a "Katie's Quilt" from Jenny's tutorial. My plan is to make it queen-sized so it comes down long on the bed. I'll probably have to add a fairly wide border to make it long enough. The bed it will go on is a turn-of-the-century French bed - full mattress on it. I really don't want to deal with a bedskirt, thus the reason for making it queen-sized. Once I've completed the top I'll post the dimensions and what it took in fabric to make it. Right now I've used on whole jelly roll and part of another.

Happy Monday!

CrazyMtnLady
August 20th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Good Morning to all. Need to do some laundry today and make sure I have things squared away in case DH has to take off for Michigan. It would be hard for me to go along with all the kittens and the horses to take care of. The dogs always go with us. Hoping everything goes well with her. Stint didn't work so open heart surgery either today or tomorrow. DH is the baby of the family but the other two sons don't speak to her much so DH has complete power of attorney if she needs anything. His step-father is on medication all the time and is not on this planet most of the time..not sure what his problems are.

Still cleaning in hopes the kids come this week. Everything now is up in the air.

Need to get off here and get some work done.

Hugs and prayers.

buckeyequilter
August 20th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Good morning....

Blondie...it's always nice to have a ME day sometimes.
Donna...prayers being said for your MIL.

Yesterday I worked on Mom's quilt. She is back in the hospital so I went to visit with her for a while. I had to leave the room once to pull myself together....I can just see her fading from week to week. I just talked to her a few minutes ago and she sounds better. I called my sister and told her to give me a call and let me know how mom looks, when she gets there. I plan to put the last 2 rows on the quilt for mom tonight....then try to get it ready to quilt.

I am getting ready to call the quilt shop to express my disappointment with the teacher. Their attitude on the other end of the line will determine if I go back there to shop or not. I don't plan on taking anymore classes there.

Summer is winding down and school is getting ready to start here in the next couple of days....flashing lights are going (and working fine). I have to drive through 3 school zones to get to work. A couple of weeks before school starts they begin testing the lights. I'm looking forward to fall - my favorite time of the year...nice weather, gorgeous colors and just the fall smell in the air.

Well I have to run and I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Prayers and hugs to all.

Sandy Navas
August 20th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Great way to start my day - checking in here first thing. Beat Barb out on the perfect morning temp - 48 here. Love that - slept with windows open and enjoyed the chill in the air.

Busy, busy yesterday. Made four bags for DD and redid the canopy for the girl's trundle bed. Al and I cleaned out the refrigerator so I didn't have to cook. He's easy that way - there's still stuff for a huge salad for tonight and right now that sounds fantastic. I am procrastinating about cleaning at least the main floor of the house today since I have Bro & Sis and their respective spouses here for lunch on Wednesday. And I have laundry piled up high . . . but I think I'll spend my day in the sewing room. Who cares if I need to run the vacuum? Pondering what to fix for lunch. Four of us will eat just about anything that is put on our plates. Dear Bro watches his intake of a lot of things and Sis's hubby is a country boy, pure meat and potatoes. I'm the lucky one because Al will eat anything . . . I'd love to do a quiche but that won't work with these two guys. Still thinking.

Pulled out the 3-Dudes Christmas blocks yesterday and have them pinned to my design wall. I'll take a good look at the arrangement today and start sewing those together. Sis has been traveling so I have to wait until she's home to take my stack of quilts down and hook up the quilting machine. I think there are five or six ready to quilt - and I need to find a good sale on batting.

Guess that's it. Sending all those prayers and wishes out there into cyberspace. If you need one just stick a hand up and it will snag you.

Madeforyouinma11
August 20th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Good morning everyone! It has cooled down here too, mid 70's for today. Windows open and airing out the house. That is why spring and fall are my favorites! Summer can get too hot and stuffy and winter is way too cold. I'm not a fan of the cold weather.
Today I am hoping to finish a quilt that I started a couple weeks ago. Just needs top and bottom border, sandwich, then quilt and bind. I have some material for some bibs that I want to put together also.
I started a table runner for a friend for Christmas, but I'm not getting that warm fuzzy feeling about it so I think I need to reconsider either pattern or fabrics. Might take a quick trip to Joann's today for some odds and ends that I need. I have a 60% off coupon for next week that I think I will use on batting.
Well, the day is movin' on and so must I.
Wishing everyone a happy Monday but if that is not possible, prayers hoping your pain will be taken away.

K. McEuen
August 20th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Morning people! I saw this earlier this morning and had to drop it here for Blondie.

Now, off to work.

Blondie
August 20th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Morning people! I saw this earlier this morning and had to drop it here for Blondie.

Oh My! Who has been peering in my windows? haha, Karen, you KNOW me so very well!

Enjoying a fairly busy morning but it is a good busy. I feel so good after some rest yesterday. Sigh. I really should run away from home once a week! Wanna come with?

Now, off to work.

sewbizzy
August 20th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Good Morning to everyone!!! I'm glad you had a quiet day yesterday Blondie!
I am trying to get back into the sewing room...my second son and my two dgds were here all last week from Charlotte, NC----busy, busy, busy...it was so nice to spend time with them---haven't seen the girls since last Christmas...
as usual , I have a few UFOs to finish...and more items for the craft shows....then on to make more gifts for Christmas gifts...
I am so excited to get my name for the Christmas Swap....
Hugs, Prayers, and Blessings!!!!

lilmouse
August 20th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Good morning everyone....the cartoon posted for Blondie would fit me as well....had such a headache in the hospital....wouldn't give me any real coffee..just decaf...yuck....was so glad to get a real cup of coffee when I was released...am healing well...going to try and do a little sewing today...Doc said not to spend the entire day in there but in pieces I could....no bending and no heavy lifting....have to have other half get down my bolt of backing fabric...have 3 quilts to sandwich....and 2 more to make...brought the fabrics out before surgery so I wouldn't have to bend or lift...sitting on the cutting table just waiting for me!
Blondie, glad you had a restful day yesterday...Sandy, have fun in sewing room today....to everyone else hugs and prayers whether you need them or not.....have a blessed day today

sewmuchjan
August 20th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Howdy Do Folkies, I am here and I feel much better than yesterday! Thank Goodness!!!!! Thank you for the prayers Jan L they worked and things are much better!

Well not much here..I have to go cut up a bunch of our homegrown maters to add to a salad and my homemade salsa..cook some homegrown squash for dinner tonight. Very vegie dinner tonight, (we are not vegetarians, loves our meat) cuz it has been so hot we are eating lighter which is good. I fixed beef pot roast yesterday, yummmm. Oh well got to go play Julia Child in the Kitchen. Chop Chop!!!! :D

Prayers and hugs for all, and for a wonderful evening,
Love, Jan G.

bkthomas
August 20th, 2012, 08:41 PM

Now, off to work.

That's great Karen! I think that's me too!

I just joined the Secret Buddy Swap too - Love Hugs and prayers to all!!!