PDA

View Full Version : Why I've been gone so long / health issues.

Gayle8675309
August 19th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I suppose I shouldn't be ashamed to share what my particular illness is...yet I am.

And don't worry, I'm NOT looking for sympathy (Lord knows I have enough of that from my family and friends), I just am looking for understanding, and possibly to improve things for someone in your life that may have major depression...knowledge is power.

I suffer from MDD (Major Depressive Disorder). I've been fighting this battle for 8 years...every since I went through my cancer treatment for thyroid cancer. For some reason, depression took ahold of me and won't let go. It's a tough, tough adversary.

I have been quite badly depressed for the past few months...unable to do normal activities of daily living. Finally last week I kind of hit a wall, and in my skewed thinking, felt that suicide was my only answer. I have been trained enough in therapy (2x per week with a psychologist) to know that when my thoughts turn that dark I need to get help, for I cannot trust my own thinking. So I called my psychologist, she immediately sent me to the hospital (psych ward) and I spent a leisurely week there (LOL). It has turned out very well though, as my psychiatrist started me on a new med, and within two days I was feeling MUCH better. I was discharged on Friday.

I will start going to day therapy for depressed people starting this week...Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. I can't say that I'm overjoyed to be going...but I want so badly to get back to where I was 8 years ago, feeling healthy and whole, that I am going to grab on with both hands. :)

Anyway, sorry to share so much personal stuff, but I felt since you all are so supportive, it wouldn't hurt to share a bit of what I'm struggling with. I hope I haven't offended anyone, if I have, then I am sorry.

Love, Gayle

mamaquilt
August 19th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Hi Gayle,

Hope everything turns out very well for you. So sorry that you've been ill. Depression is one of the illnesses, you don't feel it coming. It often occurs after a major illness, like cancer. I know what I'm talking about.
Why should you offend someone by talking about your problem? It is better to talk about it than to hide and suffer in your own corner.

Wish you all the best and that the therapy is going to help you. Keep my fingers crossed

Greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

GrammaBabs
August 19th, 2012, 06:43 PM
You share and share GF.... i know what depression is about... i have "more than most people could wish for" and still not that happy crazy lady i once was... and totally understand where you are coming from.. i prefer to call what i have ,,PTSD...:)
More like having to "hang in there for a lot of stuff beyond my control, but not understanding that i could not FIX it "....I'm savy enough to recognize it,, and am careful to stay rested and busy...
Just know we are all here for you anytime,,, I can think of NO thearapy as helpful as the wonderful women and Men here at QF....
hang in there,, your doing the best you can, that's all anyone can ask.... hugs Barbara

Meli
August 19th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Gayle,

(HUGE HUGS)!!! There are two ailments that run rampant through both sides of my family tree: alcoholism and depression. It's a terrible combination, and, in some cases, has caused sever heartache. I chose not to drink, which takes one part out of the equation, but I do suffer from depression, and have also entertained thoughts of suicide, and have undergone therapy. What keeps me going in those dark times is knowing that I am loved, unconditionally, by my Father in Heaven, and that He holds me in the palm of His hands and carries me through the dark times, even when it's so dark I'm not sure He's there. I know in my heart He does the same for you. I am also certain you have many friends and family who love you completely and who want you happy. Don't be afraid or ashamed to lean on them. You know that, if the positions were reversed, you would be there to offer your strength.

May God bless and keep you,

Meli

Genny
August 19th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Thank heavens you called for help, We don't want anything to happen to you! I have afamily member that goes thru spells of depression and I worry about her daily. You did the right thing when you called your doctor and don't ever be afraid to come here and share your feelings, we are here for you.

pcbatiks
August 19th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Gayle, You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping you will start feeling more like yourself very soon.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 19th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Many prayers for you my dear. I'm so glad you were able to seek help when you needed it most. It doesn't always happen that people in depression can recognize that they are in dire need of help, and seek it. I hope your new meds can help you live a more enjoyable and happy life, and thank heaven they seem to be improving the meds available every year.

stitching woman
August 19th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Gayle,
Thank you so much for trusting us enough to share this with us. I am so glad that you recognized that you need help and was able to reach out and grab on. So happy that the new meds are working for you.

My prayers are with you.

CrazyMtnLady
August 19th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I really understand where you are coming from. I send you big hugs and will keep you in my prayers.

bkthomas
August 19th, 2012, 07:49 PM
You will find great comfort here Gayle - I know - I was MIA for a bit and when I came back on I had so many "We miss you" messages - That really made me feel good - I have more friends now than I ever have - The ladies and gentlemen on here all so supportive and kind and generous! You would probably be surprised if everyone who suffered from this said so. Me included, I have been on Zoloft since '98. A few months ago I thought maybe I could go off it, but a few weeks later it became clear that I could not. My DH passed in '97 and I was put on one med then another, till finally we hit on Zoloft and magic!!!

God Bless and check in here often - these people crack me up!!!

sewmuchjan
August 19th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Glad your back and please share with us we will be here for you. No problem is too small or large that all the ladies and gents here don't hesitate to say a prayer or think of someone who needs something and do ANYTHING to help. Great bunch of folks here.

Hugs, and Blessing for a good day everyday,
Jan G.

Monique
August 19th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Gayle, I am ignorant when it comes to depression, so I have no words of wisdom to offer. Just know that people here care for you very much and those who have words of wisdom will share those with you.

Take care my quilty friend.

HandsOffItsMine
August 19th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Depression hits many after a major illness, especially cancer or when abilities are taken away. As a cancer survivor and Fibro/Chronic Migraine patient I fully understand where you're coming from. I'm proud of you that you knew to call in help when you needed it and that you decide to "say it out loud". (((Gayle))) :) as I hug you!

You will be in our prayers (Don and I) and I'm sure many other on this Forum will add you to their prayer list as well. We're here for each other beyond quilting, for laughs, hugs, support, a shoulder, you name it. You can always PM me here or send an email to rubyschmer@yahoo.com - just remember I'm on Hawaii time but normally up by 5 am. lol Lately 4 am, can't seem to break that cycle darn it! Ugh!!

I thank God that I was born the Optimist or Silverlining, so I was able with meds to get out of the blues after becoming ill. However, I'm chronicly ill and in pain every day at a 5 or above. I don't take pain meds every day 'cause I don't like how it makes me feel, but I DO take my anti-depression pills every day. They have to be adjusted over time, the brain chemicals and hormones (had uteran cancer at 37, now 52) changes. Plus life situation changes, I know when the blue/dark time hangs around too long it's time to make a doctor's appointment. Don't want to let it go to deep, ugly place, we all have way too much to live for!!

Please be sure to reach out to anyone of us here, there has to be someone that you feel a connection with. :)

Prayers and healing light being sent from the Island. Huggers, Ruby and Don

bobw103
August 19th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Share away whenever you feel the need. Hugs coming your way.
Bobbi

madampolo
August 19th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I went on an anti-depressant after my first husband died. It made me not care about a thing! The house is on fire? Oh, that's nice! That was me. It did help me get on with my life, and I got off them. Keep fighting. Depression is a real bugger!

BellasQuilts
August 19th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Gayle, my sister suffers from depression as well. I see her struggle all the time, and you can't just say something to her to make it better for her. I think that is what my nephew suffers from, the one that is now living on the streets. He refuses to get help. I am happy that you reached out. We are here for you, dear, as we are all here for each other, the good, the bad and the ugly, oh, and quilts too. Sending you a hug and thank you for being so brave to share with us. As you can see, depression affects many of us in one way or another, so you are in good company.

EsGrandma
August 19th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Gayle, so glad to hear from you and it took courage to tell us - my husband and daughter have had terrible bouts of depression and with hospitalizations, medications and many prayers, they are doing much better - will also definitely pray for you too - we missed you and are glad that you are back. Linda

bec
August 19th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Gayle, so sorry to hear about your depression. I sometimes goes through times of depression and I know it is no fun. Just know that there are many people here who care about you and you have family who love and care about you.

Prayers for you and everyone here who suffers from depression.

Divine Daisy
August 19th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Be brave lovie, I know that is a tough ask though. I suffer from the same thing, a combination of PTSD and three rounds of chemo. There are light days and times you blackness consumes you and you feel alone. Know how you feel about therepy too, whenever I had to go I would be mentaly rolling my eyes the entire time. Not a good approach but its how it made me feel. I don't go anymore.

There are a couple of things I will tell you because today is not a bad day. On a bad day I wouldnt hear it myself but I do try to remember.

1........ don't argue with yourself. you can win any argument in the world except with yourself, because you will always have an answer.

2......... This kind of depression is a chemical malfunction in the brain. You are not weak, not to blame, not someone to be ashamed of. If it was a chemical malfunction anywhere else in the body you would not feel embarrassed. EG if you have diabetis. Try to remember that, tell other people that and then tell them to either understand or bugger off.

oh and 3....... get in touch with your oncologist or a cancer nurse. Chemo is known to cause this. Some of the drugs are notorious for it. Ask you family, would they rather you had not had the chemo? This is a side affect of it the same as loosing your hair. There is literature about it, if you can't get hold of it PM me and I will send you the leaflets. Then your family can read about it instead of judging you.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh this makes me mad! I am so lucky that Mr D is supportive. His family is another matter and we try to hide it from them.

I have a song that I play very loudly when I feel bad. It is a song that me and my chemo friend Jenny used to sing during treatment using our IV stands as microphones

It is Queens........ Don't stop me now. It was sung with great energy and irony but sadly whist Jenny did stop, she didnt win her fight. I decided I must be too big a bitch to die because I am still here. I make a gift of mine and Jenny's song to you. Play it loud and often and feel me singing with you

Big hugs

MRoy
August 19th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Gayle, I've been through clinical depression and I know how debilitating it can be. I don't take meds now but I took an antidepressant for several years. I'm so glad you sought the help you needed and are feeling so much better. I admire your strength and courage. (((HUGS)))

bkthomas
August 19th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Omg! Daisy you ARE Divine!!!!

Sandy Navas
August 19th, 2012, 10:18 PM
See, here we can tell why we love Gayle, why we love Ruby, why we love Meli, why we love bec, Myrna, Megan, . .everyone here. We moved to Rochester, NY in 1977 and it was raining - it rained for six solid weeks. I did not cope well. I spent those six weeks in my pajamas, on the couch, in the worst depression ever. I'd given up a wonderful job - didn't want to move - you name it. Hospitalization? Not me. Seeking help? Not me. DD and DH decided for Mother's Day they would cheer me up with a surprise. A brunch at Perkins (service was LOUSY, food was worse, cold, terrible waiter) and then a movie: STAR WARS. I was so bombed out that I absolutely HATE any mention of Star Wars to this day. Finally recovered.

Speed forward. Retired in 2002. I was ecstatic. Everything was wonderful. 2005 I had to move my mother from my home into first the hospital and then into the nursing home. Traumatic. Three months later my very best friend in the whole wide world passed away IN MY ARMS. I still haven't gotten over that. She haunts me (?) day and night - I think about her constantly. Finally got the nerve to sit in my doctor's office and let it out. Still on meds.

There is no shame in suffering - no matter the cause. I think DD has it right though - given your medical history. Relax, lean on us. You are most welcome here.

K. McEuen
August 19th, 2012, 10:20 PM
You have nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about. There are a lot of people that suffer from some sort of depression and like Daisy said it could very well be a side effect of chemo. I have a friend that has gone through breast cancer treatment twice. She's been cancer free for almost 5 years now. Her chemo damaged her heart. That stuff is nasty and can cause all kinds of problems. Be proud that you had sense enough to know you needed help and asked for it, a lot of people don't.

Debbie MM
August 19th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I agree with everyone else. It is nothing to be ashamed of, you did have the strength to realize there was a problem and got the help. Unfortunately I have had friends that did not. I am glad that they found a med that worked.

Bubby
August 19th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Gayle....I'm so grateful you reached out for help at your darkest hour. Thank you for trusting us enough to feel comfortable sharing...you are loved by so many here and you always can find support when you need it. My hugs and prayers are going out to you....Barb

Musical_Starling
August 20th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Depression is a horrible, wicked beast :( It doesn't just affect your mind and your thoughts, but it affects your entire body in ways that don't seem to even make logical sense. Both my husband and I suffer from depression, although mine is very mild and does not require medication (yet at least!). And as if the depression is not bad enough, sometimes the medications to treat it are worse. Switching from one medication to another can cause a "discontinuation syndrome" and can include "brain shocks". Hubs is actually about to go through this in the next month or so and I'm really nervous. I don't like seeing anyone in pain or discomfort, and to know that he may experience something called "brain shocks" nearly scares me to death :(

Thank you for sharing with us Gayle, and everyone else. It's nice to know that we're not alone, even when sometimes it feels as though we are!

lilmouse
August 20th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Gayle, I have been on antidepressant medications for years....runs in my family....do does alcoholism......I rarely drink; partly due to meds but also because I am aware of the tendency to fall into family traps...dysfunctions.....my biggest battle was convincing my Doctor that for me; suicide was never an option...against my religion...personal beliefs..so on ad nausem...he finally quit asking.....do I get that down...sure...but I have learned a few things and will pass them on...heed or discard as you wish....when I get up...usually around the same time every day....I make my bed and I get dressed.....otherwise have been known to stay in pj's all day....not an option anymore...I need some structure in my days to help me stay balanced...and I make myself do at least one thing....usually the dishes or some other household task....sometimes that is all I can manage and sometimes the sense of accomplishment leads to other small tasks...thus helping to rebuild my self esteem...one of the things I love about this forum is the prayer warriors here and the comraderie that is here....this is my first go to place when I am down...someone will make me laugh...and laughter is good for the soul and the depression...above all else you have nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about! Love and hugs!

quiltingtrish
August 20th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Oh Gayle, I am so glad you saw to get the help you needed. I am glad you are back with us here because we missed you! I don't have words of wisdom either, but know that I am praying for you.

Hugs for you,

auntiemern
August 20th, 2012, 02:37 AM
My dear, dear Gayle. I am so very glad that you decided to share with us. Being depressed, and clinical depression are two very different things. Glad you were able to recognize the difference. I also have suffered from clinical depression for years. Could have started when I was diagnosed with cervical cancer at 30. Then RA, lupus, and fibro at 38. I am soon to be 56, so I have battled this for a long time. I have been in that dark place you were, but thought about what it would do to those I left behind and couldn't do it. I am so glad you called out for help when you got there. Had a pretty good handle on everything, with medication of course, then 3 yrs ago my 6 wk old grand son was almost killed by his own father. Talk about a major nose dive. After that doc changed my meds a couple of times. Now I have been diagnosed with PTSD from the trauma of that. I went from being your every day, run of the mill bi*ch to super mega bi*tch. I was angry all the time. I was either crying, or homicidal. Then this past Sept, I lost my mom. Another nose dive. But here is where it gets strange. I am not really sure what happened, but I prayed about it, after 3 or 4 months of daily crying bouts. It truly was like a lightening bolt out of the sky. I hadn't quilted in years, not since by grand son was injured. I didn't do much of anything really. For some reason I decided to make a quilt for my BFF's expecting grand daughter. While working on that, I had a vision, no really I did. My granny was a quilter. She has been gone since 1986. As I was sitting here quilting (then I only hand quilted), I looked down and didn't see my hands, I saw my granny's hands. Our hands are similar, but she kept her nails short, and mine are, lets just say, not. And mine are always polished and decorated. But it was her hands I saw, even her thin gold wedding band that I have tucked away in a safe place. It was then that it was put on my heart to start making the quilts for the PICU that my grand son was in. Since then I have felt a peace that I have not felt in years. I don't know what your religious beliefs are, it isn't important. But if you believe and trust in God, ask him for help. Maybe he will put something in your heart, that will give your life a meaning and peace, that you can't find on your own, and fulfill something that all the meds in the world aren't going to fix. You still need to take your meds and go to your therapy, but you may just find something that helps you get out of that funk. I hope my rambling in some way has helped. Any time you need to talk or vent feel free to PM me. I really am a good listener too. ((((((Gayle))))

phoots
August 20th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Gayle, I have an understanding of what you're going through, but I've never gotten to that dark of a place. I was diagnoised around 1999 with Depression and Anxiety. I've been on meds since then. Now, being out of work, with the exception of a couple of months, for 2 yrs, I'm not doing so well. But I'm really good at hiding it from my BF and his son. When I'm alone I tend to just sit and watch TV. I don't even quilt much anymore because I'm afraid it won't be "good enough." I have never considered suicide and I'm glad that you called for help! You will be in my prayers! Sometimes this is really hard for me to remember, but there are a lot of people out there who love you! Try to remember that!

Pam in Vegas

HandsOffItsMine
August 20th, 2012, 03:30 AM
The love in this Forum is amazing! ((((All, especially who wrote here to Gayle)))

Most people that know me (friends, acquaintenances, clients, etc.) do not know that I've had cancer or that I have Fibro/Chronic Migraines/Pain - that I'm sick. I've been the Matriarch of the Family since College, Dear Abby to strangers, I worked in fields that were on call 24/7, Super Wife/Mom/Daughter/Whatever, solved problems, I didn't/don't have problems. I've belonged on many forums for business, a few art hobby ones, never, ever shared personal illness stories.

Yet here, it seems when someone is hurting, one wants to share that they are not the only one to have gone down that path. There are just so many amazing people here that give from the heart!

Love you guys! Ruby

bkthomas
August 20th, 2012, 03:57 AM
The love in this Forum is amazing! ((((All, especially who wrote here to Gayle)))

Most people that know me (friends, acquaintenances, clients, etc.) do not know that I've had cancer or that I have Fibro/Chronic Migraines/Pain - that I'm sick. I've been the Matriarch of the Family since College, Dear Abby to strangers, I worked in fields that were on call 24/7, Super Wife/Mom/Daughter/Whatever, solved problems, I didn't/don't have problems. I've belonged on many forums for business, a few art hobby ones, never, ever shared personal illness stories.

Yet here, it seems when someone is hurting, one wants to share that they are not the only one to have gone down that path. There are just so many amazing people here that give from the heart!

Love you guys! Ruby

So true!!!!!

rebeccas-sewing
August 20th, 2012, 06:01 AM
I'm so happy they changed your meds and found something that is helping. Wise girl to get help when you needed it. No need to feel ashamed or embarrassed. You're obviously not alone when it comes to this debilitating disorder. I had a nervous breakdown about 10 years ago. I took my therapist's advice and started taking Lexapro for anxiety. I got on hormones as well. It solved my problem. I finally stopped the Lexapro this past year and all seems well. It's so wonderful that modern science has been able to develop medicine to help us get our lives back on track. Thanks for checking in and letting us know what's going on. I don't know if you saw Sandy's post but she was just wondering about our MIA's. I'm sure she's happy to hear from you. Hopefully, the others will pop in and let us know how they are as well. I hope and pray your path becomes brighter and brighter, Gayle.

carolv
August 20th, 2012, 07:07 AM
I'm glad your doing better. We're always here to listen.

Carolyn23
August 20th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I'm so glad that you were wise enough to call for help! And I'm so glad that you trusted us with your difficult hurts. As many have said...you are safe here. You are loved here. You are fully supported here. Hugs and prayers for healing are being sent your way.

phoots
August 21st, 2012, 01:40 AM
Want to hear something that I think is funny?? I'm terrified of escalators!! I have anxiety attacks everytime I have to go on an escalator...but especially down!! Unfortunately, most casinos have an escalator to get to the meeting/banquet room upstairs. Last week I went to a job fair at a casino upstairs and afterwards I decided to be brave and go DOWN the escalator. But my shoe got caught and I nearly ended up going down the hard way. After I caught my balance and stepped away, I realized that I was hyperventilating and shaking. I ended up taking the elevator down. Even right now, thinking about what almost happened, I'm shaking and my heart is racing. When I'm not near an escalator, I can joke about it. But when the moment of truth comes I can go up if I'm careful, BUT NOT DOWN!!!!!

hehehehe

Pam in Vegas

meemeecyn
August 21st, 2012, 09:44 AM
Gayle, so thankful you are feeling better and that you reached out for help. Our society has come a long way in understanding mental illness, but we still have a ways to go. Every time someone shares their story, as you so gracefully did, it helps to lift the shame and educates those that do not understand. It sounds like you have been through a lot with medical issues. It makes perfect sense that you've been affected by that. But we know now that major depression is a chemical imbalance, similiar to an imbalance with diabetes, and it is great news that you've found a medication that is making you feel better. I bet most of us have had self or someone we care about affected by this illness so understand how tough it is for you. Keep on plugging, OK?

Take care of yourself, Gayle. Keep on coming back. We care about you!
Cynthia

Gayle8675309
August 22nd, 2012, 12:05 PM
Wow! I popped back on here after a couple of days offline and WOW...what a wonderful group of people you all are! Thank you all so very much for your support, your stories, your encouragement and your love. I am humbled. God bless each and every one of you. :)

I am still doing quite well. Started my Outpatient Therapy yesterday, it went well. Still seems a bit strange to be in such intensive therapy (I was used to my twice per week with my psychologist, which I am still seeing also), but I know this is for the best.

Thank you all so very much. (((((( Everyone who replied to my post )))))))

Love, Gayle

HandsOffItsMine
August 22nd, 2012, 01:08 PM
Wow! I popped back on here after a couple of days offline and WOW...what a wonderful group of people you all are! Thank you all so very much for your support, your stories, your encouragement and your love. I am humbled. God bless each and every one of you. :)

I am still doing quite well. Started my Outpatient Therapy yesterday, it went well. Still seems a bit strange to be in such intensive therapy (I was used to my twice per week with my psychologist, which I am still seeing also), but I know this is for the best.

Thank you all so very much. (((((( Everyone who replied to my post )))))))

Love, Gayle

:D (((Gayle))) :D Glad to see you, also glad therapy is going well. Now don't forget to do some sewing in between. Huggers, Ruby

bkthomas
September 15th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Hope you are out having so much fun that you just cannot be tied to your computer! God Bless you Gayle!!!!

promqueen
September 15th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Hi Gayle - I'm new here and when I read your post I knew I could relate! I have PTSD from my first marriage but I won't go into that. Anyway, I was afraid to get help because I thought people would think I was a bad person and I didn't know what the heck was bugging me! But one day, I was going to a garage sale with my new DH and I looked into this girl's eyes, she smiled at me, the sun was shining and I thought to myself....gee, I wish I could smile like that. Then I looked down and she had a bunch of books and my eyes went right to 'The Anxiety Disease'. Naturally I bought it and couldn't put it down. My DH must have thought I was crazy because as I was reading the book I started crying, saying....this is what I have; this is exactly the way I feel and FINALLY this thing had a name to it! (I knew this had to be a gift from God!) I made an appointment with a therapist and talked, talked, talked and took the meds. After many trials of different meds I finally found the combination right for me. I just wanted you to know that there is hope and a way out of feeling so depressed. But I still go to therapy because sometimes things happen (breast ca) and it helps! I'm going to pray that you find your way out, you're not the only one and live is worth living. Email me anytime you want if you have a question or need to talk.

janluna
September 15th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Gayle, I also have been in your shoes. I have been through some pretty rough illness, pain, Losses, etc. I take Zoloft as well. It has been a God send. And, it also helps the mangled nerve endings in my spine. Killed two birds with one stone there! The first time I went for counseling I was terrified. I figured the Dr. would listen to me and he'd put me in a straight jacket and send me away. I was so convinced I was "crazy", and fearful of losing my child, my husband, etc. The first 2 times I went, the Doc just handed me a box of Kleenex, smiled, and said those are yours. I sobbed! As things came out of me, that I didn't even know I was hurting over. But I had made the decision to put it all out there. By the 7th visit I walked out of his office, and for the first time in a couple of years, I felt lighter than air, I enjoyed the sun on my skin, I was glad to be alive! For the first time I felt free to be myself. And that myself wasn't such a bad person after all. The air smelled sweeter, Love surged through me for my child, my husband, my parents, even my brother, who was a major pain and extremely hard to love. It felt like a miracle had taken place, and it had. I thank God, I was bright enough to realize I was in trouble, and acted on it. In the past, I never ever told anyone how I felt about anything. Not even my husband. The doc told me to sit and tell Joe everything I was feeling. I did. And because I did, He opened up about stuff from his childhood. I was not alone any longer. And I'm not afraid to say I have a problem with something now. It's taken the stigma of needing help for feelings I may have, away!
You are going to be ok. We are all right here. A mouse click away. Or a phone call away. I'll PM my phone number to you. Anytime, any hour of the day or night. ((((((((((((Gayle))))))))))))) Love, and Prayers, Jan L.

Gayle8675309
September 29th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Thank you again to all of you that took the time to encourage me and to share your own stories. It's wonderful to have such support.

I have been busy as a bee just doing housework and running to doctor appointments and day therapy. I have been enjoying going out with my hubby and getting back to seeing and talking to some of my girlfriends.

I actually started a quilting group in my town...we meet at our local library on Saturday mornings, and we all just sit around sewing and talking. I am hand quilting a panel (cheater quilt) of a beautiful Christmas tree...it's nice to sit and do the hand quilting while talking with girlfriends. Very good for the soul.

I plan to start working on my "October Windows" quilt this week. I won't get it done for this October, but working with the bright fall colored batiks feels very festive. I love autumn. :)

Thank you all again so much. I'll try to pop in here more often! :)

Love, Gayle

SuziC
September 30th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Sending HUGS to you!!!! I hope you continue to feel better. Women don't take good care of themselves like we should. But
you seem to know exactly what you need. You should feel proud!!!

Sandy Navas
September 30th, 2012, 12:21 PM
H-U-G-S !-!-

MRoy
September 30th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Gayle, it's great to hear that you're getting out and enjoying life again! (((HUGS)))