PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning

Blondie
August 19th, 2012, 09:14 AM

Happy Sunday Folksies!

Yes, it is Sunday. Yes, I slept late this morning. No, I haven't had coffee yet. Yes, Gracie is on my lap, telling me she loves me like Pooh loves Piglet.

It looks as if we had a shower last night or early this morning. Don't know what the weather is to be today. I gave up on watching the weather news here some time ago when I ran out of rotted produce to throw at them. So . . . after church I may be able to relax a bit. Sis and BIL are coming for dinner. Perhaps Mom will as well. A few of her very dear friends are in the hospital and she wants to go visit.

I may sit and stitch a bit. What a wonder. I have so many projects, I could close my eyes and pick one out that needs finishing. While that may be annoying to some folks, for me it is the way my brain works. I like lots of variety. And as anyone who has received anything from me, I like folksy artsy designs and stitches. No perfection in me. Oh, all y'all in the pinnie swap found that out, right? woo hoo. Glad that those pinnies are coming on strong.

Have a wonderful day, dear ones. I am off to find my Luscious Larry. Sure hope he is cooking me some breakfast. Even a bowl of cheerios would be nice.

Monique
August 19th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Good morning Blondie. Have yourself a wonderful, relaxing day. You deserve it.

Finally got the grass cut yesterday. Not much happening here today. Sadoria picked out her fabric for the lunch bag I promised her. May try and get that done today.

Tomorrow is the wedding day of our friends. We will leave early in the morning. Heading out for lunch afterwards. So we should be gone most of the day.

Pinnie's in the mail. Can't wait. Thanks Blondie.

To everyone of you out there, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!

Bubby
August 19th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Good Morning,

A slow day for us at last. It's overcast and feels like we may get some rain....yay! Miss Molly is out of sorts this morning and turned her Scotty nose up to her breakfast and went back to bed. DH drinking coffee in his rocker on the porch and he's happy as a clam! After I get off here I'll cook us a big breakfast (watch out arteries!)..sausage and bacon, grits, eggs and homemade biscuits.

I'm going to try and sort out how to download and transfer embroidery patterns from the internet to my new machine. It involves a card reader/writer, unzipping files and then loading into the machine. Of course, my owner's book doesn't cover this tricky matter....maybe they think everyone would just know how to do this! I'll figure it out....

I ordered the Daily Deal today and think I will make my DD a Jellyroll quilt. The jellyroll is back/white/gray, so I should be able to add hot pink, red or lime green as accents. We will see....

I can't wait to get my pinnie!!

I hope you all have a blessed Sunday...get some rest and stay safe....Hugs, Barb

Jean Sewing Machine
August 19th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Hi folks! Got my grandkids early this morning. It will be a day of activity, soccer games, maybe some swimming, plus I have to start with measuring a 35 member cast for a show I'm costuming in October. Need to be in several places at once, don't know how that is going to work out.

Al, my precious companion (feline) brought in breakfast this morning! Sadly, I refused to share with him! He is distraught as his fresh kill in now in the garbage container. I'll bet he goes out and tries to find another one! For 15, he is quite spry, and fast.

My grandkids are in soccer tournaments this week. The third grade team that my grandson is on may play for a championship at their grade level. So they tied yesterday. Instead of resolving the tie while we were all there, they are making them come back today for a 20 minute game to see who will play the championship game. If our team loses, we go 20 miles one way to the soccer park for 20 minutes and the agony of defeat. If they win, we will probably be there for quite a while. Their little team has jelled pretty well in just a couple of weeks of being together. My grandson is the newbie, he hasn't played soccer before, but he is catching on pretty quickly. They've got some kids who are quite good, and can stand up to stiff competition. They played one little team yesterday and won 11-0. You almost wished they would have conceded the game at half time, it was so lopsided. Then they played a team they were evenly matched to, and it was quite a battle, ending in a 3-3 tie. That's why they need to play the half of a game today, to see who will play the undefeated team for the championship. It should be an interesting day.

Hope you all have a great day! Keep cool, warm, dry, well fed, uplifted, all those things! Add a little tipsy if that's your style, or stone cold sober if you need to curtail the fun! Drive carefully, stay safe, don't swim without a lifeguard, look both ways before crossing the street. And whatever you do, DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG UNDER PENALTY OF THE LAW, unles, of course, you are the consumer!

What else can I say? I'd better shut up before Blondie throws rotting vegetables at me!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 19th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Good Morning,

A slow day for us at last. It's overcast and feels like we may get some rain....yay! Miss Molly is out of sorts this morning and turned her Scotty nose up to her breakfast and went back to bed. DH drinking coffee in his rocker on the porch and he's happy as a clam! After I get off here I'll cook us a big breakfast (watch out arteries!)..sausage and bacon, grits, eggs and homemade biscuits.

I'm going to try and sort out how to download and transfer embroidery patterns from the internet to my new machine. It involves a card reader/writer, unzipping files and then loading into the machine. Of course, my owner's book doesn't cover this tricky matter....maybe they think everyone would just know how to do this! I'll figure it out....

I ordered the Daily Deal today and think I will make my DD a Jellyroll quilt. The jellyroll is back/white/gray, so I should be able to add hot pink, red or lime green as accents. We will see....

I can't wait to get my pinnie!!

I hope you all have a blessed Sunday...get some rest and stay safe....Hugs, Barb

Bubby, did you get software with your machine? I know mine is old, so there is probably something new that they use, there was an editing program and a downloading program that came with mine (10 years ago!) It has probably all changed, but I have to do through that download to a card thing also to get designs in my machine. I always forget how to do it, because I do it so seldom. When I actually do succeed, it seems like it was so simple! Hope you master it!

Love your idea for the black and white with a shot of color using the Daily Deal. I love the one I made with the hot pink, I actually am using that one! Not going to give it away!

CrazyMtnLady
August 19th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Good Morning. What a dreadful, restless night of trying to sleep. If it wasn't the dogs keeping me awake with their scratching and whining, it was DH tossing and turning and then turning on the lights to check is blood. So I am up now and he is blissfully sawing logs!

Oh well, it is Sunday and I have no where to go but back to bed and watch movies all day. Unless I want to go outside and continue my clean up project and do laundry. But I don't so I guess it will have to be movies..

I was up about 2:30 with the dogs and read some of the good-night posts. I am glad everyone enjoyed the thread.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers

DCM
August 19th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Donna -- wonder what it was about last night -- our dog was extremely restless, too and kept me up a good part of the night. Thankfully it has cooled off a bit -- still wish we would get some much needed rain. I hope to work on a quilt-as-you-go baby quilt -- my to do list is getting long and I need to get some things finished and scratched off the list! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Ginny B
August 19th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Good Morning all. Nice sunny morning here. It actually got quite cool here during the night. Woke up at 6:00 and was so chilly I needed to grab a small blanket to warm up a bit --- and have dh snuggle me warm too. :) Then I went back to sleep and had a most annoying dream. I should have stayed up then.

I'm now enjoying my cup of tea and catching up here. Blondie, I hope you have a chance to relax today. Barb, good luck with the downloading patterns thing. Hope it goes smoothly. Jean, you crack me up. I can see why Al was so upset that you didn't share in his enthusiasm for his specially prepared gourmet breakfast. (I saw the picture on your other thread -- he worked so hard on the presentation). Monique have fun at your friends wedding tomorrow and Donna, enjoy those movies.

As for us, today our plans include meeting my step-daughters, their dh's and of course, our little Max at the beach this afternoon. If it doesn't work out for a trip to the beach, we will meet them all at one of their apts. It will be nice to see all of them together. I'm thinking this morning we may head over to our favorite nursery and pick up some Montauk Daisies. There is a spot in our front yard that really needs them.

I got my laundry done yesterday and housework too and dh got the grocery shopping done. So that means that today and the next 2 days (we took a couple of vacation days) are ours to do whatever we please. And right now it pleases dh to still be sleeping and I'm thinking it will please me to head into my sewing room for a bit.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Ginny B

bkthomas
August 19th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Well, I have been up all night - sewing cause it's cooler in there at night. Finally decided to un-pack some boxes and straighten things up out there and catch up on my Craftsy BOM. Did a pretty dresden plate in my Black/white/yellow fabrics - will post pics when I'm all caught up.
Hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday - hmm...wonder when I'll go to bed - not really tired yet - maybe I'll go sew some more.....

MRoy
August 19th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Good morning! It's going to be a nice day here weather-wise. The grand-kids arrived in Arizona safely Friday evening and I'm sure they're having fun with their other grandparents. They are quite the travelers and I'm so glad they like flying...although I always worry until I know they've arrived safely at their destination.

No plans here today...I had thought DH and I could pack a lunch and take a day trip but the silage chopping crew rolled in late yesterday and will be working here today so DH can't leave. DRAT!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sandy Navas
August 19th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Sunday morning and here it is going on 10 a.m. and I'm still here reading and catching up. I need to quit commenting and just head to the sewing room FIRST and then I can come back here to rest. How do you go about changing habits.

Jean, your closing remarks hit home. I removed one of those labels one time and spent over-night in the lock-up. They'll come and get you in a second.

Everyone have a wonderful day - check out my latest album with a couple small projects and pics of the girls enjoying their two weeks of Nana-time.

All the usual!

quiltingtrish
August 19th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Oh I love Pooh and all his wisdom. :)

Went to church this morning and now think I will head downstairs to put some more background blocks together before I head over to Dad's. Think we will be working in the garden. He says 'his' little wild baby bird comes around everyday and sits by his feet while he sits outside on his bench watching the neighborhood and drinking his coffee waiting for me to arrive. I'd be surprised if he didn't name him yet since it has been a week since it's arrival.

I hope the coolness outside this morning sticks around for the rest of the day. Will help while I am mowing and working in the garden. He bought 5 - FIVE! - more bags of mulch for ME to lay down. I can hardly get the things out of his van, move them onto the wheelbarrow, get them out of the wheelbarrow and then have to cut them open to lay it out. Goodness Dad, it IS the end of the gardening season - even though we are still waiting for his tomatoes to turn red. I do enjoy and am blessed that I get to spend time with him.

Oh Sandy!! Those photos are so precious! Those girls will remember your 'camp' all their lives. You have certainly given them more than just time together with you. I would love to come to your camp too! I remember my 2 weeks with my grandma every year. She sat and taught us to sew, how to can, and how to cook. I will never forget those times.

Well, hope you all have a wonderful day. I'll be thinking of everyone ~ toodles!

Hugs,

lilmouse
August 19th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I am just sitting here reading wondering how I am going to entertain myself all day....my other half is returning to work tomorrow so he is busy getting things done himself so I won't see much of him all day...again....been like this since he's been home....he forgets I just had surgery and can't do anything.....for 4 weeks...what am I going to do? Can't bend over...can't lift anything heavier that a coffee mug, can't drive or I would be headed for Mo to see Sandy and MSQC....this is the pitts....but all my plumbing is in good working order..that's something....everyone have a wonderful day...I'll be checking in often....spend lots of time on the puter...prayers and hugs for all....

BellasQuilts
August 19th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Good morning, bonjour, goede morgen, Guten Morgen, buenos dias! The other post about language inspired me! Today I have some work to do on the computer. Giving a speech (eek!) so want to have my speech somewhat in order. I have to do more public speaking so I have joined Toastmasters. I'm not afraid of speaking in front of people, it's just that I want to be more polished. Hopefully that will help me. DD and SIL want to have their first night out since DGS was born. One month old already, where does the time go? So I offered to sit while they go out to dinner. I can't wait. I just can't take my eyes off him when he is around. I love him like Pooh loves Piglet, as Blondie says! Hoping to get a trip to the market too to stock up. Camping this weekend with our buddies, can't wait. Hugs to all, and prayers for them as need them.

HandsOffItsMine
August 19th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Mornin' since 4 am again. :)

Just got off the phone with my baby Katarina, she's 28 today. Wow, how time flies. The other grandparents are going to watch the kids so that Matt and Kat go to see The Campaign at a Dinner Theatre. Mani/Peni time this afternoon sat by Dad. lol

Discussion again brought up as to when we will be moving to Atlanta, if we could just hit the Lottery. Oh yeah, that would be tough...not on the Island. Dang! Waiting to hear from the CPA if we owe any Corp/Personal $, sure hope not since it was the worse year in 32 years of marriage financially. I would hit up Hollywood & Vine but those days are over! They would ask change back from a quarter. lol

Seriously, hoping that we can make it back after the first of the year. What a wonderful way to start 2013, God will guide us I'm sure.

This morning Don will help me lay out Lily's quilt to be spray basted/sandwiched up, then the quilting will start. If all goes well, I'll be hand binding tonight.

Enjoy your Sunday all, love and huggers, Ruby

Cellomom
August 19th, 2012, 01:32 PM
My little zebra finch, Despereaux, is singing his morning song. He's quite sweet, only 3 inches long, but has a can do attitude. Never knew a tiny bird could do so much: building an amazing nest with materials 3x larger and heavier than he is, providing papa to 5 or 6 charms of babies (think it's called a charm), have a face to face fearless meetup with border collies. I call my zebra finch quilt "my Despi quilt" because of him. My little, but mighty can do guy.
DH went to mountains to take care of a few things, and I didn't go. Hand was slowing me down. He'll be home soon. It only takes an hour to get there. Would love to go to church, but don't know if I can sit that long w/the hand so for now i'll listen to the messages online.

***Newsflash! Got my pinnie yesterday. I love it! a sweet, adorable owl from Paula, Beach Cottage Quilter. Thanks so much for the lovely note too! I'm going to respond to the "I got My Pinnie" post, but want to take my owl's picture first. Blondie, thanks for the fun swap. Blessings to all

janluna
August 19th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I haven't been to sleep yet. I don't know why, but I have been an insomniac for the past few weeks. I'm tired, but too tired to sleep. If that makes sense to someone let me know. I but a pork roast in the crock pot this morning so at least I don't have to worry about dinner.
Thursday I went to a local quilt shop for an all day sew. We had fun, and spent money! I got the most beautiful jelly roll of Christmas fabric. So of course, instead of working on the three UFO's, I started a jelly race quilt. The ladies that own the shop had a sign up that said, Jelly Rolls and Jellies. They had cut the fabric from their stash and made their own Jelly rolls, but left them flat. They called them Jellies. The other "Jan" in our little group decided if they were flat, they should be called "strudels". She may have started something. The owners thought that was cute. Anyway, we had a great time and I actually made something.
Have a great day of rest everyone! Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

Sandy Navas
August 19th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I am just sitting here reading wondering how I am going to entertain myself all day....my other half is returning to work tomorrow so he is busy getting things done himself so I won't see much of him all day...again....been like this since he's been home....he forgets I just had surgery and can't do anything.....for 4 weeks...what am I going to do? Can't bend over...can't lift anything heavier that a coffee mug, can't drive or I would be headed for Mo to see Sandy and MSQC....this is the pitts....but all my plumbing is in good working order..that's something....everyone have a wonderful day...I'll be checking in often....spend lots of time on the puter...prayers and hugs for all....

Wish I could just wiggle my nose and air-lift you here. I'll keep trying and maybe it will work.

SuzyQue
August 19th, 2012, 03:19 PM
After freezing in church this morning, I am glad for the sunshine outside today. It is cooler, but we missed the sprinkles yesterday...again! We were busy squeezing in some summer fun this weekend, as the daughter is headed back to college early this week. We made it to a Royals baseball game and they actually won! We went out to eat and hit a movie....rare treat for hubs and I! We had to squeeze in a funeral reception and some grocery shopping,too. I have a brisket in the oven, casserole of potatoes, and fresh rolls............smelling very yummy! We will have a late lunch at 2 pm today. Hopefully, won't drool on anything prior! I think I will finish some wall hanging UFO's today. I will need to wait till daughter leaves to use her bed to lay out my Dresden quilt.....don't have another space big enough! Kind of bittersweet.....will miss her, but I can't wait to see the quilt all laid out!

sewmuchjan
August 19th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Good morning folks, hope you all had a good night, and those who did't hope your day is better. I am really down in the mouth as the say, and I shouldn't be, but I am. I am going to sew and get somethings done. So I just wanted to say hi and that I love my little pinnie and thank you all for your friendship and caring. Can't keep from getting all goopy or the smallest things and things I shouldn't get goopy about. Dog gone it I have being blue!

So prayers and hugs for all needed or not I love ya all, see ya later.
Jan G.

janluna
August 19th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Good morning folks, hope you all had a good night, and those who did't hope your day is better. I am really down in the mouth as the say, and I shouldn't be, but I am. I am going to sew and get somethings done. So I just wanted to say hi and that I love my little pinnie and thank you all for your friendship and caring. Can't keep from getting all goopy or the smallest things and things I shouldn't get goopy about. Dog gone it I have being blue!

So prayers and hugs for all needed or not I love ya all, see ya later.
Jan G.

Prayers right back to you, Honey! Hope they make you feel better. Love you, Hugs, Jan L

sewmuchjan
August 19th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks Jan love ya too. Hope things in your neck of the woods are good. God Bless.

Hugs, me

MayinJerset
August 19th, 2012, 06:30 PM
No longer morning here but my morning didn't get a good start as I had trouble sleeping last night and got up really tired. Been doing little stuff around the house and made a mandaran orange cake as one of our granddaughters will be stopping over early this evening. She'll be on her way back to college in a day or so and she wants to say "Good Bye'. She's a lovely active young lady who is loves dancing and performing in shows and is studying nursing.