PDA

View Full Version : Al and Sandy's B&B - Well maybe next year!

bkthomas
August 18th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I have been sitting here reading so much my henna hynie hurts!!! I just saw the thread about everyone wanting to visit Sandy - and I have pm'd her about how cool it would be to come to Mo. because so many forum members live there!
Wouldn't it be cool if we started planning now - for those that wanted to do something like that?
I told Sandy next fall would be nice because it wouldn't be too hot or too cold and I just Love the Fall!
We would have a whole year to save up - of course I would not expect her to host all of us....but she said somewhere that she wished she had a barn with a tin roof....(hehe)
Let me know what you think of this Idea

BellasQuilts
August 18th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Go meet Sandy? Go to MSQC? Whoo hoo! Sounds like fun.

HandsOffItsMine
August 18th, 2012, 11:07 PM
If we have moved to the Mainland...I'm game! Told Blondie, I already have a roadtrip planned to The Hill :D from Atlanta on the GPS.

auntiemern
August 18th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Would gladly meet up somewhere near M*. I can't wait to meet some of the peeps on here.

NanaB
August 18th, 2012, 11:50 PM
ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!

K. McEuen
August 18th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Hmmm ... 820 miles. I'd catch a corner of Texas and Oklahoma, but most of the trip is through Kansas.

bobw103
August 19th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I'm in-may have to have DH and the two dogs in tow but they can stay in the motorhome :) Oh let's do it!
Will Sandy cook and bake and serve beverages by the campfire?

phoots
August 19th, 2012, 02:09 AM
For me, it all depends on if/when I get a job.

Pam in Vegas

mrswindy4
August 19th, 2012, 02:14 AM
I'm only about 35-40 minutes (if that) from Sandy and I have yet to actually meet her in person!!

Karen...on your way through Kansas City, be sure to stop in at my house for a cup of coffee!!

Meli
August 19th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Sounds great to me! I can combine quilting with genealogy in St. Louis. Hmmm... I now have 4 weeks of vacation planned for next year and I have 2 weeks that I can use. Obviously I need to win the lottery!

Bubby
August 19th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Count me in!

Klasien
August 19th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Oh it is only around 12 hour flight for me............

We are planning to go to Michigan next summer, so go again across the ocean in the fall of 2013 might be a little to much.......:(

Winniesfriend
August 19th, 2012, 07:36 AM
You go girls, hope you can pull it off and visit together,,,,, a little bit far from Sunny South Australia though.

Lisaau
August 19th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Same here l'm jealous .....its a 17 hr flight to LA from Australia alone....then a flight from LA to Missouri ....argh!!!!

Monique
August 19th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Have to think about that one. Maybe Vicky and I can do it together. LOL!! Just googled it, almost 22 hours away.

Quiltlover
August 19th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Could be possible for me, DD in Memphis so I could overnight there and drive up (?) from there. Would have to check a map for mileage from Memphis, etc. Doable, I believe. Love Road Trips, but my back is starting to give me a bit of a problem on long hauls, oh, to have a young back again!!!
Brenda in Bama

CrazyMtnLady
August 19th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Sounds like fun! I would definitely have to have DH in tow...He does the driving. But I am sure he can find something to do while we visit.

Same here l'm jealous .....its a 17 hr flight to LA from Australia alone....then a flight from LA to Missouri ....argh!!!!
And to think, my Mom came over from Brisbane on a ship in 1946. I think I remember her saying something like it took 2 months.

bkthomas
August 19th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Hmmmm...no reaction from Sandy yet - maybe she is busy planning that barn! HaHa

bobw103
August 19th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Oh let's do it, it sounds like so much fun.

Klasien
August 19th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Hmmmm...no reaction from Sandy yet - maybe she is busy planning that barn! HaHa

I was thinking the exact same thing..........

bkthomas
August 19th, 2012, 11:08 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing..........

Thank You!!!

Klasien
August 19th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Thank You!!!

My DH just said: Sure You Can GO!!!!
Would be so much fun, we could go and see Jenny and spent a day there...........dream dream dream.......

bkthomas
August 19th, 2012, 11:16 AM
My DH just said: Sure You Can GO!!!!
Would be so much fun, we could go and see Jenny and spent a day there...........dream dream dream.......

Great minds think alike!!!!

Sandy Navas
August 19th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I'm only about 35-40 minutes (if that) from Sandy and I have yet to actually meet her in person!!

Karen...on your way through Kansas City, be sure to stop in at my house for a cup of coffee!!

She can stop for coffee, but you'd better be in her car when she arrives here . . .

Sandy Navas
August 19th, 2012, 11:33 AM
My reaction? SET A DATE! I'm about 45-60 miles from the M*QC and between me and dem there's a place called Cameron where we could book rooms . . . I don't think there are any motels/hotels closer to Hamilton unless you are coming from the east and then Chillicothe would be the closest. AND, as I said, you are all welcome to drop in at my place - I only have one guest room with a queen-bed but if you don't mind the dust bunnies you can ALL come shop in my sewing room.

My greatest joy (well, after the grandkids) would be to meet up with any and all of my on-line friends.

Mimis-quilts
August 19th, 2012, 11:41 AM
It does sound like fun! Hopefully by next Fall I will be DONE with school! Yes, this chick is going back to school...AGAIN! UGH!!! It's not that I want to, but more like I have to before they make it mandatory at work.

Hubs would be up to a road trip....how far are you from the Lake of the Ozarks?? AS long as he can go fishing he is game for just about anything.

Make a plan...keep us all in the loop!

lilmouse
August 19th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I am in.....let me know when...I am always up for a road trip...just have to ask for the time off and arrange with the other girls to cover for me....

Klasien
August 19th, 2012, 11:50 AM
My DH has his Rand McNally out and told me to fly in on Kansas City, rent a car and have fun........just that easy.......

As long it not october 30th, and I can arrange it with work, this could be a trip of a lifetime......
Oh Sandy: can I book that guest room queen bed.....?? ;););) LOL

This could be so much fun, let's make a list and get this whole thing on the rollllllllllllll

MRoy
August 19th, 2012, 12:38 PM
There's a possibility I might be retired by next fall...I'd be up for a road trip. I could drop in on Rhonda (RFREE) in Western KY on the way over.

Granny Judy
August 19th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I'll bus my way down.. I'm in Central Illinois along the river. The river doesn't come close to Sandy, Does It?? If Yes- I may just float on down on the steam boat that makes a yearly run to St Louis. ?? gotta check the date/s.

I get to share the BIG BED!!!

Lisaau
August 19th, 2012, 12:50 PM
:icon_sniff: :icon_sniff: too expensive and too far for this little Aussie :icon_sniff: :icon_sniff:

Cellomom
August 19th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I'm so jealous of all your plans! That trip sounds so fun! Sandy, you are so lucky to live close by M*QC. Would love to meet Jenny and all of you! Not retiring soon for another few years so I'll be California Dreaming about it. Hope it all materializes for you quilties!

bobw103
August 19th, 2012, 01:14 PM
OMG it's gonna happen...YES. Now I just have to figure out if I am going to drive down myself or bring the motorhome and husband. Sandy-is there an RV park near? I am sure there is.
Who is the planner folks? If I can help in anyway please let me know. I would offer to pick anyone up on our way down if need be depending on time of year. If later in the year (Oct) we will head right down to AZ from there. We could pick anyone interested up, give a ride down and perhaps then they could bus or fly home? Just throwing that out there.
Bobbi

Sandy Navas
August 19th, 2012, 02:47 PM
:icon_sniff: :icon_sniff: too expensive and too far for this little Aussie :icon_sniff: :icon_sniff:

As long as your heart is here, Lisa, we'll share with you anytime!!

Sandy Navas
August 19th, 2012, 02:48 PM
OMG it's gonna happen...YES. Now I just have to figure out if I am going to drive down myself or bring the motorhome and husband. Sandy-is there an RV park near? I am sure there is.
Who is the planner folks? If I can help in anyway please let me know. I would offer to pick anyone up on our way down if need be depending on time of year. If later in the year (Oct) we will head right down to AZ from there. We could pick anyone interested up, give a ride down and perhaps then they could bus or fly home? Just throwing that out there.
Bobbi

Bobbi - there is an RV park catty-cornered (or kitty-cornered) across the highway from me . . . want me to check rates?

Sandy Navas
August 19th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Someone other than me set a date (maybe a week long encompassing a weekend to accommodate everyone who could make it). I'll bet we could get Carolyn at M*QC to help with some arrangements . . . I'm afraid to offer more than that at this time - but DEFINITELY will open my home to anyone who wants to stop by for a visit.

SuzyQue
August 19th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I am so in for this! Keep us posted on dates. Would LOVE to meet you all in person! There is a cafe on the corner down from MSQC that we could maybe book for lunch!

janluna
August 19th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I would love to come and visit! It would depend on how much money I could save in a year. I'd have to fly. I could drive it but it would probably cost me less than driving! I have a Durango that hasn't met a gas pump it didn't like to visit. I don't think I'd want to drive by myself anyway. If I had a partner in crime it would be cool though. MSQC is between 1300 and 1500 miles from me if the maps online can be counted on. Although maybe I could sleep in my truck at the RV camp. Or bring a tent. Oh that would be so cool!!!! I'm probably just dreaming though. Hugs, Jan L.

bobw103
August 19th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Jan-dreams are good and even better if they turn into reality:) Save girl save I say .
Sandy if you just give me the name of the park I can certainly check into it. We may have a membership park near as well.
Bobbi

GrammaBabs
August 19th, 2012, 03:30 PM
If i can talk my DD into coming with me or perhaps my "daring and crazy friend across the street"... i might just do this... hip in Oct... but i don't drive anyplace other than Rt. 105 and 106...perhaps Rt.44.. near here...LOL
But my BBF is up for anything... isn't there a hotel near M* somewhere and an airport... i like Sandy's idea of getting rooms and perhaps some "partying around at a centralized hotel".... i'll be watching to see things develop!!!! :icon_razz:

janluna
August 19th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Jan-dreams are good and even better if they turn into reality:) Save girl save I say .
Sandy if you just give me the name of the park I can certainly check into it. We may have a membership park near as well.
Bobbi

It will depend on Emily and Money! Em's having more problems. She now has anti-platelet cells growing. If they get worse, she is on her way to Wisconsin again for that bone marrow transplant. So, mostly it depends on how she is doing. I do love a good dream though. And you are right, dreams do come true. Hugs, Jan L.

bkthomas
August 19th, 2012, 08:27 PM

Maybe all of you Down Under could get together?!!!

bkthomas
August 19th, 2012, 08:38 PM
My reaction? SET A DATE! I'm about 45-60 miles from the M*QC and between me and dem there's a place called Cameron where we could book rooms . . . I don't think there are any motels/hotels closer to Hamilton unless you are coming from the east and then Chillicothe would be the closest. AND, as I said, you are all welcome to drop in at my place - I only have one guest room with a queen-bed but if you don't mind the dust bunnies you can ALL come shop in my sewing room.

My greatest joy (well, after the grandkids) would be to meet up with any and all of my on-line friends.

Cameron sounds good - a point between you and MSQC - perfect. Now as for a date - I was thinking early October but late September could work too I think. Everybody throw out when might be best for you and together we can figure this out. I'm just glad I did not scare Sandy to death!!! Looks like there is a lot of interest - now to make it happen! How exciting!!!

Sandy Navas
August 19th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Sorry, I was sipping gin when I posted . . . .

K. McEuen
August 19th, 2012, 11:03 PM

You'll probably need a whole barrel if everyone shows up ...

mrswindy4
August 19th, 2012, 11:15 PM
I'll be sure to bring you a bottle of gin, Sandy....whats your brand? :D

bobw103
August 19th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Watch that gin sippin, you'll get yourself lost in that nice big sewing space of yours.
Either time works best for me but early October would be best....for me but I will do either.
Bobbi

bec
August 20th, 2012, 12:30 AM
So are we talking this Fall or Fall of 2013? Sounds like a blast! This Fall is definitely out for me, but who knows 2013 may be a possibility.

K. McEuen
August 20th, 2012, 01:07 AM
I think they are talking next year, 2013.

bkthomas
August 20th, 2012, 04:56 AM
So are we talking this Fall or Fall of 2013? Sounds like a blast! This Fall is definitely out for me, but who knows 2013 may be a possibility.

Yes, a year from now - a whole year or more to plan!

HandsOffItsMine
August 20th, 2012, 05:21 AM

I snickered at this! I could so picture you too! I tell you it's a good thing I'm allergic to alcohol...:)

Klasien
August 20th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Early october sounds good to me!!
September might be a bit of a problem, but october is fine.

I'll make a saving plan, for a trip of a life time........so much fun!!!!!!!!!!

Tamara J Liddell
August 20th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Already popped a 20.00 into my traveling fund... Would be awesome to be able to go.. :D

GrammaBabs
August 20th, 2012, 08:01 PM
My BFF (not BBF,,,, people here have to keep an eye on me, i'm not kidding)..... is back from her Europe River Cruise...i'll mention it to her... her in laws live in Missouri... (trust me she would do just about anything, NOT to visit them.... LOL
Ya never know,,, she'd be the one pushing me to do this, once i tell her...so i'll keep my eyes open for any plans...:icon_cool:

bkthomas
August 21st, 2012, 07:58 PM
Well, I've been looking at the calendar for Oct. and the weekend around the 12-13th look good to me - what do you all think?
Also, feel like each person could make their own arrangements - some may have a camper and Sandy mentioned a place between her and MSQC for booking a room.
We could each make our own plan and then get together as possible.
Good thing we have a year to plan....

Been looking for a map of Mo. - are there any that you don't have to download?
Duh, went to Yahoo maps - got it!

bobw103
August 21st, 2012, 08:05 PM
Sounds great Kathy. Thanks for starting this.
Bobbi

bkthomas
August 21st, 2012, 08:22 PM
Sounds great Kathy. Thanks for starting this.
Bobbi

Looks like I better watch what I say, seems like everything I say just snowballs!!! Hmmm....I got the power!????

Lisaau
August 21st, 2012, 09:08 PM
Can see sandy passed out on the floor hyperventilating

HandsOffItsMine
August 21st, 2012, 09:18 PM
Can see sandy passed out on the floor hyperventilating

It's ok, she has a year to recoup! lol

Sandy Navas
August 21st, 2012, 10:53 PM
That's not me, Lisa. It actually is Al you see. He has $$ signs in his eyes. Think I should call an ambulance?

K. McEuen
August 21st, 2012, 11:39 PM
Well, I've been looking at the calendar for Oct. and the weekend around the 12-13th look good to me - what do you all think?

If you push it much past the end of September/beginning of October you risk foul weather for some people traveling from the north or by car.

K. McEuen
August 21st, 2012, 11:40 PM
That's not me, Lisa. It actually is Al you see. He has $$ signs in his eyes. Think I should call an ambulance?

Hmm, are the $$ in Al's eyes from thinking how much he can make from renting out rooms or from how much you'll spend?

bobw103
August 21st, 2012, 11:48 PM
Al-Al-get up, breath deeply. It will be fun we promise. :icon_hi:

bkthomas
August 22nd, 2012, 12:19 AM
If you push it much past the end of September/beginning of October you risk foul weather for some people traveling from the north or by car.

Ok, how does the week of the 7th - 12th or 13th?
Kind of an open house situation where catch as catch can - rates are cheaper during the week anyway. Thanks Karen!

auntiemern
August 22nd, 2012, 12:32 AM
Ok I am definately in. Any weekend except the first week end in April, that is the weekend I run a charity bass fishing tournament. Maybe one of the local motels will give us a discount with so many peeps coming. I am already excited.

Lisaau
August 22nd, 2012, 12:50 AM
hehehe sandy pass him some of that gin you were drinking and he will perk up

dizzyLiz
August 22nd, 2012, 01:11 AM
I just talked to my DH and he says I should plan it. We will be coming from south Carolina so I will need dates and info on lodging etc. This is just an idea, but maybe Al could help us plan something for the guys while we are quilting or at MSQC???? This sounds so fun!!! You ladies just don't understand, my DH NEVER agrees to travel, this is HUGE

dizzyLiz

dizzyLiz
August 22nd, 2012, 01:12 AM
PS the cut off date for time off at my job is Oct 15th, so any later then that and I will have to pass

dizzyLiz

Klasien
August 22nd, 2012, 04:48 AM
Still sounds like a lot of fun!!
If all goes well I have to cross the ocean twice within a couple of months next year.....August Michigan and east cost with the family :), and if I can get that saving plan to work I'll visit again in October......:)
I better work hard for the next 12 months and spent no money at all........so I really can come over and join the fun!!

bkthomas
August 22nd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Still sounds like a lot of fun!!
If all goes well I have to cross the ocean twice within a couple of months next year.....August Michigan and east cost with the family :), and if I can get that saving plan to work I'll visit again in October......:)
I better work hard for the next 12 months and spent no money at all........so I really can come over and join the fun!!

I am amazed at how many want to do this!!! It will be awesome to meet so many of you here on the Forum - although this is kinda different for me - remember, I'm a "Fly by the seat of your pants kinda gal".......
Klasien, I wouldn't miss it for anything!

Sandy Navas
August 22nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
hehehe sandy pass him some of that gin you were drinking and he will perk up

It's the gin on my breath that got to him - that and contemplating me bring more fabric into the house.