PDA

View Full Version : Now I lay me Down to Sleep.....goodnight friends!

CrazyMtnLady
August 18th, 2012, 08:59 PM
We always have a good morning thread. I decided I would start a goodnight thread. How was your day?

My day was a busy one, cleaning for company that's coming on the 22nd. I am so excited, I can't wait to see them. Byron is DH's nephew but he is like a son to us. His wife Abby is a darling, she is a registered nurse. Sarah Jane is DH's niece and just a sweetheart. I don't know the other girl coming with them, but knowing the others, she just has to be a sweetie.

I know it is only 7:00 pm here but it has been a busy day and when DH gets in from mowing he is going to want to sit here and check in on his forums. So.....

My prayers will be said for all of you in need and all of you to just be safe.

Until tomorrow..... God bless you all.

bkthomas
August 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Good idea, Donna! Good Night, Sleep Well!

lilmouse
August 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Donna, sleep tight and God Bless You too

Jean Sewing Machine
August 18th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Three soccer games for two grandkids and Grandma and Auntie. Possible championship game for third grade grandsontomorrow! And they've only been playing for two weeks! Now, I'm tired!

Lonna
August 18th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Good night Donna thanks for starting this thread. My day was the normal work Sat. which this time of month is very slow. We have had some strong storms come through starting around noon today and still going on. So with it being a rainy day we have stayed in all afternoon. I have been working on my grandson Alec's quilt for Christmas this evening. I am really loving this quilt. It is going to be so much fun. I am using the Crawly Critter cake layer and it is so little outside little boy fabric. Dear Hubby has gone to lay down for a bit as he is really having a rough couple of weeks.

Sweet dreams to all my quilty friends.

HandsOffItsMine
August 18th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Worked on Lily's quilt, the top is done, binding and back ready for tomorrows sandwich.

Resting the back for tomorrow, got up at 4 am, it's 2:40 now, think I need a nap.

Lonna, sending some healing light to Wayne and prayers that he'll have some better times soon. Make sure you take care of yourself too.

Donna have a nice evening and have a glass of wine while someone sneaks the computer away.

Night night to you all. Huggers, Ruby

EnumclawGramma
August 18th, 2012, 10:12 PM
A full day of carpet cleaning and furniture moving. I spent a little time going through my stash finding some of this and that for my sister. I finally have a stash bigger than hers!

A good night thread....what a marvelous idea!

Hugs, clean jammies and a kiss on the head! G'night!

Sandy Navas
August 18th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Good night, sleep tight . . . does anyone know where the sleep tight comes from? I do . . . see if you do.

It has been 'raining' for the past hour or so - just lightly - but it smells so fresh and wonderful and the temp is perfect. I have the door behind me open so I can listen. Oh, what I'd give for a tin roof barn. I'd have Al out there in the hay loft.

A strange day - not near as much accomplished as I had hoped. Several unexpected interruptions during the day. The kids came over about 3:30 and all SEVEN (yes, even Agnes) took turns beating the dickens out of their pinatas. It was a sight to see. Papa took videos but I didn't get any pictures myself. He may share a few stills later. A great ending to two busy weeks - and I'm ready to sit back and chill.

Carolyn23
August 18th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Today was just lovely...weather-wise and the stuff I did. Husband, son and two little grandsons went camping for the weekend. DIL and granddaughter went downtown Chicago for a day of play and American Girl stuff. I worked on a Christmas quilt for GD. It is pink and purple and full of hearts. Then I went to JoAnns and a LQS and spent too much money. I made an Italian casserole for myself for dinner--it was one I had pinned off of Pinterest earlier this week. Delish! Now I'm sitting with my dog in my lap watching the Bears game. Only thing that I need is a cup of coffee. Gonna go make one now. In the meantime, sweet dreams to all.

auntiemern
August 19th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Watched the kids for part of the day. Finished up one rag purse and getting ready to finish another one. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive than today. Sweet dreams all. Nothing but happy dreams, and snuggly quilts.

dizzyLiz
August 19th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Cleaned house today. Two of my great nieces are spending the night, ages 5 & 7. We spent the afternoon and evening watching Mirror Mirror ( cute movie) and playing board games. They are so sweet, it's nice to have little ones around. DH will be home from work in a half hour, I'll heat his dinner then off to bed for me. Tomorrow is my day sew sew and more sew.

Prayers to all,
Sweet dreams

dizzyLiz

sewmuchjan
August 19th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Well it was a good day in it's own way today...Cuz I got my Pinnie...it is sew cute and I am very happy to have been a part of this wonderful swap. The only thing that put a damper on the last two weeks is my Son..but that is for another time and another thread, maybe. I am pooped, so it is getting towards bed time. So I will say Goodnight to all my dear quilty friends and say a prayer for all of you, and thank God and the Doan Family for bring you all into my life. Your are all a blessing to me. God Bless.

May God see you though the night and may He keep you safe in His arms. Untill the Morning my Dears.
Love,
Jan G.

ps. thanks Donna for the evening thread it is a lovely thought.

Madeforyouinma11
August 19th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Good night, sleep tight . . . does anyone know where the sleep tight comes from? I do . . . see if you do.

It has been 'raining' for the past hour or so - just lightly - but it smells so fresh and wonderful and the temp is perfect. I have the door behind me open so I can listen. Oh, what I'd give for a tin roof barn. I'd have Al out there in the hay loft.

A strange day - not near as much accomplished as I had hoped. Several unexpected interruptions during the day. The kids came over about 3:30 and all SEVEN (yes, even Agnes) took turns beating the dickens out of their pinatas. It was a sight to see. Papa took videos but I didn't get any pictures myself. He may share a few stills later. A great ending to two busy weeks - and I'm ready to sit back and chill.

Yes, I do know what this means. If I remember correctly, back in the day they used to tie mattresses to the bed frame with rope and when tucking children into bed, they would tighten the ropes and say "sleep tight". Is that right? It's been awhile so I could be wrong.

Madeforyouinma11
August 19th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Well, today I did a little bit of cleaning and finished up some laundry. DH, and both DD's and I watched a movie tonight. Worked on sewing the binding on a quilt while watching the movie but have not finished yet.
I hope everyone has pleasant dreams..goodnight everyone

phoots
August 19th, 2012, 02:14 AM
I drove BF to work, visited with friends, then came home and worked on a new crocheted afghan while watching TV. When BF finished working we picked him up and went to IHOP for dinner. This will be our last "big" dinner until I get a job. Except, of course, special occasions like birthdays and holidays. The end.

Pam in Vegas