PDA

View Full Version : Dogwood Trails fabric choice question..

Julie Tweed
August 18th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I am making a gift for a friend and have chosen the Dogwood Trails double layer cake pattern....because the lady's fav colours are pink and green...She ALSO likes black and as the green and pink look so nice I would like to find a nice black and white...or black and pale pink/green fabric for the back...

Any ideas?

Cheers
Julie

DCM
August 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
There's a green that has a very fine white floral pattern in it -- it's part of the Dogwood Trail line -- I just finished a Dogwood Trail tumbler quilt and bought the green fabric for the back and binding.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 18th, 2012, 08:19 PM

Here's a quilt I did for a sample for an upcoming quilt class. The fabric is "Black and White" by Fabri-Quilt, Inc. There are black with white, white with black and some grey thrown in, all with a shot of silver. The pink is from a line called "Once Upon a Time" by Yuko Hasegawa/RJR Fabrics. 26480 This is the Dogwood Trails quilt I did last spring, it is backed with just pink print. 26482 This Black and white collection is called "Aviary", it would go well with the Dogwood Trails nature theme.

Good luck choosing your fabrics!