PDA

View Full Version : MISSING IN ACTION

Sandy Navas
August 18th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I have had this on my mind lately and this morning Blondie chimed in with those who are missing - who we are missing - who haven't been on the forum lately. So, I thought we could start a list and if someone we are missing sees their name they will know that we are thinking of them and need to hear that all is okay. So, if you are game, just post the name(s) in a post with no other comments. I'll go first:

alana
bambine007
Beverly
brittyboo
debinmalaga
Gayle8675309
happygram
JimsQueenie
KiltedQuilter
Kizzie (I've seen her but not as active)
lhayes1976
Mrs.Sew&Sew
Nena
oldgurl4
Patrice
plix
Sally

HandsOffItsMine
August 18th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Seen Alana, just not as much sadly. :( She was moving to a new place

BellasQuilts
August 18th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Txgrandma (last post Dec. 2011)
Michael (july 20, 2012)
shorte85 (saw she was on today!)

Beach Cottage Quilter
August 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I was looking for Babylock sewing machine info and noticed "Mia" has been gone for a year Aug 20th...and even posted she would be gone a few weeks. What happened anyone knows?

K. McEuen
August 18th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Beverly was posting yesterday or the day before.

This list could go way back. I mean whatever happened to MrsWindy? I think that was her handle, had a pencil line portrait as her avatar.

Sandy Navas
August 18th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I was looking for Babylock sewing machine info and noticed "Mia" has been gone for a year Aug 20th...and even posted she would be gone a few weeks. What happened anyone knows?

Mia is back with us under the name of Judy . . . I'll see if I can find her post.

Sandy Navas
August 18th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Beverly was posting yesterday or the day before.

This list could go way back. I mean whatever happened to MrsWindy? I think that was her handle, had a pencil line portrait as her avatar.

Ms. Windy is a friend of mine on FB and I don't check there very often. She does post there and I sent her a message just a few days ago to ask why she hadn't been on the forum here . . . actually had forgotten her logon name as I know her real name.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 18th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I thought I saw a post from Patrice just today. It may have been an old post.

Come back! We miss you so!

The trouble with posting here is they have to enter the site to know we are looking for them. I guess if you PM them, an email goes to their inbox, or at least it does to mine.

mrswindy4
August 18th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Karen!! Arent you the sweetest!! *HUGS* And Sandy!! Thanks for steering me back in this direction! *HUGS*

I'm still around on occasion, just do a lot of lurking. Every one here is so talented, I feel like I dont measure up...lol I know, I know... I shouldnt feel that way, but I do...I'm working on it, though!!
I cant promise I'll be around every day...but I will try to post more often!!

I havent really been doing a lot of quilting lately, but now that cooler temps are coming and school has started, I am trying to get back into the swing of things. I have a couple UFO's I need to get finished and a couple new patterns I'd like to try my hand at.

K. McEuen
August 18th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Karen!! Arent you the sweetest!! *HUGS* And Sandy!! Thanks for steering me back in this direction! *HUGS*

I'm still around on occasion, just do a lot of lurking. Every one here is so talented, I feel like I dont measure up...lol I know, I know... I shouldnt feel that way, but I do...I'm working on it, though!!
I cant promise I'll be around every day...but I will try to post more often!!

I havent really been doing a lot of quilting lately, but now that cooler temps are coming and school has started, I am trying to get back into the swing of things. I have a couple UFO's I need to get finished and a couple new patterns I'd like to try my hand at.

Glad to see that you are alive and well. I think I got worried because you sort of dropped off of here after you said your son was headed overseas. Mimi's was as well. Her son got back a couple weeks ago. I hope all is well with yours.

mrswindy4
August 18th, 2012, 06:35 PM
My son is still in Afghanistan, he will be for a few more months. Glad to hear Mimi's son is back!!
In January, the Indiana National Guard lost 4 soldiers when the vehicle they were riding in hit a road side bomb. One of those soldiers was my step-brother. So, its been an extremely stressful time for all of us, hoping and praying that Brian makes it back safely. They lost 3 in their Unit already. To top it all off, he told me a few days ago, that he re-enlisted for another 4 years and will be doing another tour of Afghanistan, possibly 2....UGHHHHH!!!!

K. McEuen
August 18th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Glad your son is okay and very sorry about your step-brother. Brian must love what he's doing to re-enlist while he's over there in the middle of things.

Sandy Navas
August 18th, 2012, 07:12 PM
See, I knew there was a reason for starting this thread.

Welcome back, Mrs. Windy!! And condolences for the loss of your step-brother. I've kept Brian in my prayers!! He'll stay there, too.

mrswindy4
August 18th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks Ladies!

quiltingtrish
August 18th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I still have Brian in my prayers too.

OldGurl has had some problems with her computer, think it just died. I talked to her about a month ago and everything seemed ok, she misses coming on here. I did try to text her just the other day and haven't heard back, so that just might make me generate a real phone call.

Hugs,

Monique
August 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I miss Brittyboo and I know Debinmalaga just moved to WV. I have seen her on FB.

CrazyMtnLady
August 18th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I sent a message to Jimsqueenie. Will see if she responds.

I have left strict instructions with DH that if I am ever too sick or something happens to me to sign in here and let everyone know what's up. I know if I was sick I would want your prayers!

Mimis-quilts
August 18th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone...I feel like I've been MIA myself! Started a new position at work and am now working 5 days a week instead of 3 12 hour shifts. Believe me, this has cut into my quilting time as well...but I love it!
My son is home safe and sound with his wife and daughter...Mary....my son resigned for 6 more years with his guard unit. Where in Indiana was your step-brother stationed? My son was with the one in Terre Haute before he moved to Florida. So sorry for your loss!

Monique
August 18th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I just heard from Debinmalaga. Things are going well and she loves WV. She is in training for her new job.

bkthomas
August 18th, 2012, 09:42 PM

I have left strict instructions with DH that if I am ever too sick or something happens to me to sign in here and let everyone know what's up. I know if I was sick I would want your prayers!

I also sent a pm to JimsQueenie and BrittyBoo

sewmuchjan
August 18th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Hi Mrs Windy and Mimi glad you are back around. Prayers for your Son's and for the loss of your Step Brother.

Hugs,
Jan G.

Sandy Navas
August 18th, 2012, 10:22 PM
I am so excited to see some of our friends back and to get word of some others. It is kinda like losing a loved one when one of our active members here goes missing.

auntiemern
August 19th, 2012, 12:12 AM
One thing for sure, if I go missing I am in a coma or in heaven. My spare laptop goes wherever I go. Yes even to the hospital. Had it with me even when I was admitted for almost a week while they ran test on my heart. Mild infarc, vaso spasm, but arteries are slick as a whistle. I guess I should give someone my # just in case.

bkthomas
August 19th, 2012, 12:14 AM
One thing for sure, if I go missing I am in a coma or in heaven. My spare laptop goes wherever I go. Yes even to the hospital. Had it with me even when I was admitted for almost a week while they ran test on my heart. Mild infarc, vaso spasm, but arteries are slick as a whistle. I guess I should give someone my # just in case.

My guess is that would be our "JeanSewingMachine" hehe

Bubby
August 19th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Alana is just fine. She recently moved to a new place and she's been really busy. She is starting to post again. I'm in touch with her almost every day.

janluna
August 19th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Laura108 has started an online coupon business. I miss her. Then Rockymountain horsemama, and Sheila from TX. I miss the banter that those two would have. I miss Gina, and Sally too.

Patrice
August 19th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I have never felt so LOVED! I was out of town since wed. Went to stay with my sister in Indianapolis and visit my mom in the nursing home. We had a great time and got home yesterday. Just lounging around today. Kids are coming tonight for dinner and I am keeping it light. Taco salad..love to you ALL!

Sandy Navas
August 19th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone...I feel like I've been MIA myself! Started a new position at work and am now working 5 days a week instead of 3 12 hour shifts. Believe me, this has cut into my quilting time as well...but I love it!
My son is home safe and sound with his wife and daughter...Mary....my son resigned for 6 more years with his guard unit. Where in Indiana was your step-brother stationed? My son was with the one in Terre Haute before he moved to Florida. So sorry for your loss!

I didn't put you on my list, Pat, because I know where you hang out.

Sandy Navas
August 19th, 2012, 08:10 PM
See, Patrice - and here you thought no one was paying any attention to you.

Gina does check in on the daily chit-chat now and again - just not every day.

I've missed Sally (Shauna) but she did post a couple weeks ago.

Our on-line friends need to know that they are important to us.

Blondie
August 20th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Thank you for this thread Sandy. Let's keep blasting off pm's to those we haven't roused yet. Sometimes folks seem to fall between the cracks and need help finding their way back home.

sally
August 29th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Hey there...just popped in to say a quick hello and let ya'll know I am alive and well ( sort of...was off work for a couple week with a leg injury but all better now) Been a crazy summer full of many changes. Will stop in again soon when I have more time to catch up...thanks for thinking of me!

janluna
August 29th, 2012, 09:51 PM
So glad you checked in I was beginning to worry! What did you do to your leg? Hope it feels better. I was praying for you. Hugs, Jan L.

RFREE
August 29th, 2012, 09:58 PM

Vicki(Jimsqueenie) has been fighting shingles all summer. She sais she has only been on here just once in a very long time. Hopefully she will get better and come back to us soon.

janluna
August 29th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Hope she gets the shingle shot when she is better. My friend Gail had those. As soon as her doc said she could, she got the vaccine. She really suffered. I asked for it but my doc says you can't get the shot until you are 65. I think that's dumb! There are a few 50 year olds I have heard of that got shingles. It is super painful. Another friend, Margaret, got chicken pox in her 30's and her 6 mo. baby daughter got the shingles! Both of them were so sick. Hugs, Jan L.

NanaB
August 29th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Hope she gets the shingle shot when she is better. My friend Gail had those. As soon as her doc said she could, she got the vaccine. She really suffered. I asked for it but my doc says you can't get the shot until you are 65. I think that's dumb! There are a few 50 year olds I have heard of that got shingles. It is super painful. Another friend, Margaret, got chicken pox in her 30's and her 6 mo. baby daughter got the shingles! Both of them were so sick. Hugs, Jan L.

I am 63 and I got the shingles shot at least a couple of years ago. I go to a doctor connected with a teaching hospital. I had called the insurance company to see how much it would cost me, and they didn't give me any guff about getting the shot at my age, either.

Sandy Navas
August 29th, 2012, 10:17 PM

I had shingles when I was 48 - and I wouldn't wish them on anyone! DD had them when she was 7 and I honestly thought someone had been putting cigarette butts out on her stomach. Yucky mess. She had chicken pox when she was three - broke out in MEXICO and we smuggled her across the border at Tiajuana.

mimi9411
August 29th, 2012, 10:31 PM
I talked to Vicki,(JimsQueenie) this week end. She still has the shingles, said they were even in her ears. Very painful. Just about the time she thinks she is getting over them , she breaks out somewhere else. Poor thing ,said she hasn't even been able to sew for several weeks. Miss you Vicki.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 29th, 2012, 11:33 PM
I talked to Vicki,(JimsQueenie) this week end. She still has the shingles, said they were even in her ears. Very painful. Just about the time she thinks she is getting over them , she breaks out somewhere else. Poor thing ,said she hasn't even been able to sew for several weeks. Miss you Vicki.

So sorry to hear this--Please give her our best wishes and prayers for a full recovery and SOON!

janluna
August 29th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I'm thinking I'm calling the insurance company and maybe the Doc, my doc sent me to, would give me the shot. I think, I'm going to somehow get that shot. I wouldn't dare be contagious, it could kill Emily. It is the chicken pox virus and that is deadly to kids with AA and leukemia! I will look into this tomorrow! Thanks ladies for the info. Love, Hugs, and Prayers for everyone, Jan L.

meemeecyn
August 30th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Good to hear from some of our 'lost' friends. Hope the others are able to write and reconnect. This is a great place with great people!
Cynthia

Kizzie
August 31st, 2012, 08:53 PM
Hi My lovely guardian angels... I really sincerely love you all from the bottom of my heart. There is just not enough time in the day - I'm soo tired I wish I had the energy of a 2yr old. I have had so much happen over the last few weeks I just dont know where to even begin!!

I know sometimes I quickly just jump on here to lurk and have a quick catch up with people and I'm on the Santa Swap too - I really wanted to be part of this swap so much to be able to give something back to the people who I love to pieces!!

I always think of you but have been so busy in life I'm utterly exhausted. Hubby is constantly going away and his dad passed away last week, its been so mixed up over here a rollercoaster ride.

My stepdad is not having a bone marrow transplant anymore the docs are happy with his recovery and he has been in remission for 8months so hopefully everything will be going ok - his reasoning is why rock the boat when its sailing smoothly?? He is on a 3month waiting list to get his bag removed again (colostomy?)

I started to advertise last week my little business idea - (creating quilts from baby clothes) and I've had 4 orders so far its only been a few days!! - In my spare time I try keep up with quilting taking photos and updating my website and blog, I'm also working on creating online ordering forms, getting a business number and making my own little online store ) I have been successful in being accepted for 3 companies in America to be able to purcahse wholesale off already so I'm excited about that.

Matilda has now gone into a toddler bed so she has decided not to sleep at all! if she does sleep its for about an hr - she is up at 6am and down at 7pm at night. Because she is so active she just chews my time - I'm so busy teaching her things like first words and playing with her that it takes up most of my day already - by the time 5pm comes I'm sooo shattered I could close my eyes...

I'm trying my hardest to lose weight to be able to feel better about myself and so we can try for another baby - I'm so worried about having another miscarriage its starting to stress us all out.

Hubby was asked to go to afghanistan a few weeks ago.. I was soooo thankful he could turn it down - I know its being selfish but I dont think I could handle it right now - I know I married him knowing he could go but unlike America - For Australians its all on a voluntary basis as there is ALWAYS someone who wants to go to fill positions- I also get really upset because the other day we lost 5 soldiers - a total of 38 since the beginning of the War on Terror with afghanistan etc... it kills me knowing that there are soo many more americans that get KIA and the aussies make such a big deal over 38 lives in 11yrs!! I'm sorry I dont want anyone to die in war - but 38 is a VERY small amount compared to America - and I get so upset about it - you never hear anything about America soldiers and we are on the same team , same side... its just so ignorant of Aussies!!! I'm sorry I'm on a relaly emotional rollercoaster ride at the moment!

I have had some mothers and close friends that have let me down lately and I feel like I'm sick of getting walked over!! I just want to be treated how I treat people - I'm not conditional but I think its just a matter of respect!!!

Anyways my lovely ladies - I was lucky to find this thread as I was going to update my little Kizzies Korner thread so I did a search on Kizzie and it came up with missing in Action - so terribly sorry but I am here - I have to set myself a timetable each week to come on and have a chat - the other thing that makes it harder is the time zone :( by the time you all say g'morning - my day is over :(

I miss being in America so much. I love australia dont get me wrong but they are both so different - the culture difference is amazing....

Love you all lots and lots and I'm always thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

stitching woman
August 31st, 2012, 10:17 PM
Kizzie, So good to hear from you. Sounds like you have had a lot to deal with since getting back home. Hopefully thing will get back on track soon and you will be able to check in more often. Give that beautiful little girl and hug from me and will keep all of you in my prayers.

Sandy Navas
August 31st, 2012, 11:20 PM
a- you never hear anything about America soldiers and we are on the same team , same side... its just so ignorant of Aussies!!!

Kizzie, Don't feel bad. We don't hear much about any of the American soldiers even over here . . . unless they are hometown boys or girls. Sad, but not much is broadcast.

So good to hear from you. Sorry about your FIL and good news about Phil. I've kept him in my prayers.

Good luck getting Tillie to sleep better - she's of an age where she's not going to want to go down for a nap at all. They change so quickly. Give her a great big hug for all her adopted grannies in the US of A. We do miss you so much.

Sharon G
September 1st, 2012, 01:33 AM
Welcome back Kizzie!
I remember the days when life was sooo full that 5 o'clock seemed like a good time to just drop!
Hope life slows up a bit for you soon and the rollercoaster smooths out.

Maybe I could come by next time I'm in Melbourne and take Tilly off your hands (to the park) while you 'catch up' with stuff you want to do ;)

Glad you're back MF.

LeeCee
September 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Kizzie,
It is good your hubby had a choice not to go to Afghanistan. Sorry you feel the way you do but I guess while you live in Australia you will hear about Aussie diggers and our worry for them. We are a small country who support USA where we can.
Hope your hubby stays safe if he does get deployed.
Might call it a night. Hope everything brightens up for you soon

MRoy
September 3rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
To Kizzie and others who have been MIA....WELCOME BACK!

Kizzie
September 3rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
Kizzie,
It is good your hubby had a choice not to go to Afghanistan. Sorry you feel the way you do but I guess while you live in Australia you will hear about Aussie diggers and our worry for them. We are a small country who support USA where we can.
Hope your hubby stays safe if he does get deployed.
Might call it a night. Hope everything brightens up for you soon

Hey LeeCee

its not that I dont agree with Australia's worry for their own men
I hate how we dont recognise all the lives lost on our side and only Aussies - their lives are not less valuable and they are all fighting for the same reason...
Total soldiers lives lost since War on Terror begun...
USA: 1,939
UK: 425
Canada: 158
France: 88
Germany: 56
Italy: 50
Denmark: 42
Australia: 38

Kizzie
September 3rd, 2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks MRoy !!! :)

Kizzie
September 3rd, 2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks lovelies for the warm welcome back - I knwo I keep disppearing off LOL!!! :( I dont mean too though!

MRoy
September 3rd, 2012, 09:49 PM
Happy Birthday Kizzie!!

Kizzie
September 3rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
Happy Birthday Kizzie!!

thankyou Myrna for your lovely Birthday Wishes :)

LeeCee
September 4th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Hey LeeCee

its not that I dont agree with Australia's worry for their own men
I hate how we dont recognise all the lives lost on our side and only Aussies - their lives are not less valuable and they are all fighting for the same reason...
Total soldiers lives lost since War on Terror begun...
USA: 1,939
UK: 425
Canada: 158
France: 88
Germany: 56
Italy: 50
Denmark: 42
Australia: 38

Sorry - cannot and will not get into a discussion on this topic, but before I completely leave this forum (and I have immensely enjoyed my time here), I just have to say Kizzie that according to your figures USA have lost 0.0004% more men than Australia per head of population in that horrible war.

It is not a contest. We do our bit. Enough said.

Kizzie
September 4th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Sorry - cannot and will not get into a discussion on this topic, but before I completely leave this forum (and I have immensely enjoyed my time here), I just have to say Kizzie that according to your figures USA have lost 0.0004% more men than Australia per head of population in that horrible war.
It is not a contest. We do our bit. Enough said.

According to my figures?? ARE YOU JOKING?? this is not a statistical debate I'm stating facts of lives lost!!! WHEN on earth did I say this was a contest!!! and you are completely wrong if you think that!!! I never said Australia never did enough or did too much. Please take your time and re-read what I wrote.

I'm a millitary wife and my husband is a current serving member of the Australia Defence Force - he has been serving for over 10years!

I'm disappointed that you can brush off other military lives like that just because they arent Aussie! You have taken what I have said completely out of context!!!

I am saying that it would be nice to recognise the other lives of the poor lost souls who fight for this army, and the way Australia supports their troops when they are alive is completely disgraceful compared to how I have seen troops are treated in America! Americans support their troops 100% they give them supporting items, they show badges of support and put stickers on their car they have ad's all the time on TV! - Australians do bugger all!! but when they die its all a big media show.

How can you be so cruel and not even turn around and say yes Kizzie its true - its sad those soldiers have lost their lives too.

There is no reason to leave the forum over this?? I surely hope you open your eyes more to the world out there and see the BIGGER PICTURE on what we are fighting for - I cant even understand why you are even turning this into a debate - the only reason I think about is that deep down you wish the Aussies were never there and we have no reason to be there - well I wish no soldier was there fighting for our lives. Whether they are Aussie or American or Brittish or whoever.

JimsQueenie
January 23rd, 2013, 02:24 AM
I hope that neither of you leave M* over this subject. Politics is a touchy subject between countries and should be left for a different URL. This is a quilting site and should be left to that, just my opinion. I hate to see desention(sp?) and would love to see everyone make up. We all have our opinions and you know what they say about those?? I love that all countries are involved in this quilt site and would hate to see anyone leave. Just my opinion!! Peace and blessings, Vicki

JimsQueenie
January 23rd, 2013, 02:30 AM
You know what Sandy, I just saw this message and saw that you included my name way back when, I don't know, oh, it was Aug. 12, 2012 and wanted you to know that I appreciate the fact that you cared. Thank you. I had shingles all summer of that year, then a knee problem in Sept. and my best friend's boyfriend asked us to come to help care for her during her last month alive which was Oct. 1st when we got to Chicagoland and then she passed away Oct. 27th. He asked us to stay through the holidays of which I had surgery on my knee and now we are still here while I got through therapy and shots in my knee for lubricant. Needless to say, we didn't bring my sewing machine this time as we didn't know we would be here so long. So, here I am ordering some fabric instead. Something I definitely do not need but I want to feel it and my clothes just don't do the trick. LOL I am glad to get back to all my M* friends here. Thank you for posting this note and for caring. Piece and blessings, Vicki

auntiemern
January 23rd, 2013, 04:39 AM
JimsQueenie replied to a post the other day. I think Kizzie was having to move again cuz her DH was being deployed, but not sure. Has quilting trish been on recently?

Blondie
January 23rd, 2013, 06:51 AM
JimsQueenie replied to a post the other day. I think Kizzie was having to move again cuz her DH was being deployed, but not sure. Has quilting trish been on recently?

Yes, our Quilting Trish is on almost daily;
Glad to see that our Vickie (jims queenie) posted. Glad to see you back!

Blondie