PDA

View Full Version : TV Interview - Update

phoots
August 18th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Monday of this week I was interviewed on camera about a job scam that almost caught me. It aired last night (which I taped) at 11pm and then again at 5pm tonight. If you'd like to see it go to: ktnv.com; click on "You Ask, We Investigate" and look for the story that starts "Valley woman....." I watched it for the first time this afternoon and I almost didn't recognize myself!! Too funny!!

My love to all!
Pam in Vegas

(Now that I'm a TV star, maybe I should wear sunglasses all the time???)

bakermom
August 18th, 2012, 03:30 AM
you did a great job! probably saved other people some grief.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 18th, 2012, 03:47 AM
You are a star! Great job.

bkthomas
August 18th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Awesome job Pam!!!! You know, a lot of times when some one is seen on TV like that it leads to a really great job offer or offers!!! Anyway you are in my prayers!

HandsOffItsMine
August 18th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Great job Pam! Now apply at the news station as well! :) Good things will come your way soon, you will see!!

Lisaau
August 18th, 2012, 06:14 AM
here is thr url for the interview http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/166433946.html

rebeccas-sewing
August 18th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Pam - Hopefully your interview will help other innocent people who are preyed upon by criminals to think twice before getting involved in a scam such as yours. BTW, you presented yourself very well in front of the camera. You sounded intelligent and well-spoken. Can't always say the same for others interviewed on television. A star in our midst! LOL

Blondie
August 18th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Good Morning Pam
I was impressed with your articulation, as was my hubs. How does it feel to be famous?

carolv
August 18th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Great job!!!!!!!!!!! And yes on the sunglasses..............light ones so you don't hide your eyes....................and don't forget you will also need a small dog to carry around ......in a quilted carrier.

Bubby
August 18th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Pam you did a great job with your interview. I hope an employer will see you and hire you! You did a good thing!

Shannon
August 18th, 2012, 09:47 AM
good job Pam...I would have been a wreck but you looked very calm, cool and collected!
Hopefully your new employer will see the show and think "hey we need to hire this woman".

Shannon

a1angiem
August 18th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Aww! That was awesome!!!! (Thanks for the link, Lisa...I couldn't find it on my own). Pam, you did a great job and came across VERY well!

quiltingtrish
August 18th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Great interview Pam. You are our star! I hope someone in need will see this and hire you. It could be an open door.

Hugs,

Ginny B
August 18th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Great job Pam! You didn't look nervous at all.

Ginny B

NanaB
August 18th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Pam, you did a great job with that interview. I agree that this will open some doors for you.

Winniesfriend
August 18th, 2012, 10:04 AM
You did a great a job, good on you for speaking out.

aliaslaceygreen
August 18th, 2012, 10:17 AM
GOOD for you!!! Very nicely done...

nurrsey
August 18th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Pam, I am sure many have been scammed by this lady or company in the past, desperate to have a job. Kuddos to you for standing up and speaking up!! You did fantastic!

Sandy Navas
August 18th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Very poised and in control. See, you did it! GREAT job - now for the even greater one to drop in your lap.

I was really impressed with the shot of your hands clenched together - your nails looked fantastic. Glad it wasn't my hands - they would have been chipped, ripped, cuticles frayed . . .

Now about that dog in the bag . . .

GrammaBabs
August 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Good job Pam.... so many evil and dishonest people out there...Things sure have changed.... Sometimes is wonder if technology is as good for us as we think... except for here at the Quilt Forum....:icon_wave:

a1angiem
August 18th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Very poised and in control. See, you did it! GREAT job - now for the even greater one to drop in your lap.

I was really impressed with the shot of your hands clenched together - your nails looked fantastic. Glad it wasn't my hands - they would have been chipped, ripped, cuticles frayed . . .

Now about that dog in the bag . . .

lol! i was looking at those hands too and thinking "hey, those hands quilt!!!!!" lol!

lilmouse
August 18th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Pam, you did an excellent job; very impressed with your poise and confidence...would never know you were nervous!

BellasQuilts
August 18th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Great Job, Pam! You are star material for sure!.

MRoy
August 18th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Great job Pam! Any employer who watches the video will see an intelligent, articulate woman who would be an excellent employee. I hope this leads to a full time job for you.

Monique
August 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Now I can say, I knew her when.......... And a star is born.

Pam, you did a wonderful job and hopefully more people don't get caught with the scam. Proud of you!!

madampolo
August 18th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Pam, you did an amazing job with the interview! After it was over, they recommended a person Google the company name with the word scam after it. Did you try to do that? Did you get a hit? You saved someone from making a mistake!

bkthomas
August 18th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I had to go look at the video again just to check out those hands!!! HaHa - Very Nice!

sewmuchjan
August 18th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Great job Pam, I am proud to know you.

Hugs, and Blessings for a great job to come from this,
Jan G.

bopeep
August 18th, 2012, 10:39 PM
:icon_tup:
Great Job Pam.............

bopeep

bec
August 18th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Pam...you were awesome. You acted like you've been in front of a camera all your life...so calm and natural. I know that you've done job-seekers in your community a great service in exposing this person's game.

Yep...you need some cool sunglasses like these...

phoots
August 19th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Thank you, everyone! I have to tell you, the reason I was so calm was because of the lady who was prompting me. She kept things going and kept it just like a conversation! The cameraman actually lives in the building next to us! He was very nice too!! I had lots of help because I was a nervous wreck before the arrived!!!

Pam in Vegas

BTW - thanks for the compliments on my hands/nails! They usually look tore up but for some reason they were fine that day!!

janluna
August 19th, 2012, 05:59 AM
You did a great job Pam. Now I have a face to put with your name. You were wonderful and hopefully it will prevent others from getting scammed. You've done your good deed, how does it feel to be on film? Hugs, Jan L.

phoots
August 20th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Jan, it's really weird to see myself on TV! I taped it and then watched it the next day. As I was fast forwarding up to that segment, I didn't recognize myself and just kept going until.."wait, that's me!"

Pam in Vegas