PDA

View Full Version : My cunning plan for my new quilt

Divine Daisy
August 17th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I have a challenge for you all. 20 questions which i will answer honestly and not mislead.

You clue is simple, the quilt is for someone here, she doesnt know about it. There are two parts of this callenge. If you can guess both the recipient correctly and the composion of the quilt, I will make a bespoke quilt for the winner!

ok go, you have 20 questiond lol

Jean Sewing Machine
August 17th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Does she live in the UK?

HandsOffItsMine
August 17th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Is she in Missourri?

HandsOffItsMine
August 17th, 2012, 11:13 PM
It's Sandy and the composition is her "Naked as a Jay Bird doing the Rain Dance". Appliques with beads in the right places! :D

Tamara J Liddell
August 17th, 2012, 11:23 PM
OMG Ruby, I spit coffee all over my screen :icon_rofl:

It's Sandy and the composition is her "Naked as a Jay Bird doing the Rain Dance". Appliques with beads in the right places! :D

sewmuchjan
August 17th, 2012, 11:28 PM
1. does she live in MO...
2. does she have a major crush on your fella..
3. does it involve a quilt with a certain "fellas" picture on it...
4. does it involve having beads on that picture of a certain "fella" in all the right places..
5. does it say "To Sandy With Love".....
6. does it ???????

Well there is 6 out of the 20.....I will have to ponder apon it for a while!!! To see if I can see what it is maybe!!!!!

Hugs, and loves ur quilts,
Jan G.

EnumclawGramma
August 18th, 2012, 12:05 AM
OMG Ruby, I spit coffee all over my screen :icon_rofl:

Buttons in the right places?

HandsOffItsMine
August 18th, 2012, 12:46 AM
1. does she live in MO...
2. does she have a major crush on your fella..
3. does it involve a quilt with a certain "fellas" picture on it...
4. does it involve having beads on that picture of a certain "fella" in all the right places.. Now that would be fun too! Dingaberries in the right places! Hehe!!
5. does it say "To Sandy With Love".....
6. does it ???????

Well there is 6 out of the 20.....I will have to ponder apon it for a while!!! To see if I can see what it is maybe!!!!!

Hugs, and loves ur quilts,
Jan G.

4. does it involve having beads on that picture of a certain "fella" in all the right places.. Now that would be fun too! Dingaberries in the right places! Hehe!!

K. McEuen
August 18th, 2012, 12:56 AM
One would hope that it would take more than a button or a bead.

toggpine
August 18th, 2012, 02:46 AM
I have seen some pretty big buttons in the novelty section!

Madeforyouinma11
August 18th, 2012, 03:43 AM
I have to ask....is this quilt for a special occasion or just because?

bkthomas
August 18th, 2012, 04:24 AM

....and the winner is.....Ruby!!!!!

Dear Divine Daisy, I will be watching to see how this plays out....how Fun!!!

Divine Daisy
August 18th, 2012, 04:42 AM
wow, I go to sleep and wake up to madness lol. Ok here goes

She does not live in the UK

The composition is not Mr daisy or any part of Mr Daisy lol, nor was I proposing to add beads on dangly bits! Laughing so hard here. The quilt is not for a special occasion, but is a big hug. The quilt will be a wall hanging as will the prize.

No nakedness was planned lol actually quite the contrary.

bkthomas
August 18th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Will it have a Divine Daisy on it?

Divine Daisy
August 18th, 2012, 04:55 AM
yes it will!

HandsOffItsMine
August 18th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Is it Sandy wrapped in a quilt with a big Divine Daisy? :D Yes, Yes!?!?!?

HandsOffItsMine
August 18th, 2012, 05:10 AM
I have seen some pretty big buttons in the novelty section!

:D Now Cathy, what you going to do with those BIG buttons? lol

bkthomas
August 18th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Is she in Missourri?

Please answer this one Daisy - Missouri or Nevada?
Oh wait - what country does she live in?

Divine Daisy
August 18th, 2012, 09:53 AM
She lives in MO

Sandy Navas
August 18th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Please do NOT take my name in vain . . .

pcbatiks
August 18th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Wow ladies.........talk about a whole different kind of quilt show !!!!!!!!! :D

CrazyMtnLady
August 18th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Does she do A LOT of charity quilts?

Lisaau
August 18th, 2012, 10:16 AM
aawww and here l was looking forward to the nekkid rain dance quilt.......Sigh!!!!!

Winniesfriend
August 18th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Is party of her name found at the beach????

Divine Daisy
August 18th, 2012, 10:47 AM
ok, well everyone is heading in the right direction, several have said her name, soooooooooooooo drum roll.......
I AM making this cunning quilt for Sandy, because ......just because.

Now for the subject........... I can tell you that whilst there will be a daisy on it somewhere (cause its the law) the main subject is not daisies. Those who know one of her obsessions will probably get the answer. First one to guess wins the prize. If no one tries to guess I will know that no one wants one of my quilts lol

Lisaau
August 18th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Vintage Sewing machines

Divine Daisy
August 18th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Vintage Sewing machines

nope, good try though!

Lisaau
August 18th, 2012, 10:56 AM
All sewing machines

Lisaau
August 18th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Her quilting frame

Lisaau
August 18th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Her fabric stash... Her sewing room

Carolyn23
August 18th, 2012, 11:02 AM
How about coffee? Or something Americana?

HandsOffItsMine
August 18th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Her granddaugters and sheeps/lambs :) - Just woke up, 4:17 and I been dreaming about this! lol

Slokarma
August 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I'm confused

CrazyMtnLady
August 18th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Her Granddaughters and their dolls.

lilmouse
August 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM
water, wildlife, southwestern

Lisaau
August 18th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Shopping for material in thrift stores

Divine Daisy
August 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM
AND THE WINNER IS.........................................

Handsoffitsmine!

crowd goes wild!

Sandy's quilt is a sheep!, appliqued in sheepskin and is a crazy new idea I had. hope she likes it!

Now I just need to come up with a subject for the prize!

HandsOffItsMine
August 18th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Daisy!

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it! My dream was right! Doing a Patty LaBelle dance here in the living room. :D - Funny how we remember what people collect and Sandy has mentioned her decor in her home several times. :) It always has me thinking of our home in La Verne because the family room had my collection of roosters and sheep.

When had to sell everything, I kept my favorite animal collection: swans, especially silver swans. I had a small antique/vintage store years ago time called The Silver Swan.

TY, TY, Ruby

Sandy Navas
August 18th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I am truly humbled. I NEVER do anything with thoughts of something in return. Guess I'm almost speechless, too.

Madeforyouinma11
August 18th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Congrats Sandy! And HandsOffItsMine! I can't wait to see the quilts..I'm positive they will both be beautiful!

HandsOffItsMine
August 18th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I am truly humbled. I NEVER do anything with thoughts of something in return. Guess I'm almost speechless, too.

Sandy...Speechless! Call Al, he'll enjoy the quiet time. :)

You know it's well deserved! You're always doing nice things for others one way or another, dear friend to many!!

Huggers, Ruby

Jean Sewing Machine
August 18th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Awesome, Sandy! You do and do for others! Now, enjoy someone doing for you! Well deserved, my dear forum friend, and the other half of my brain! Actually Sandy seems to share a brain with a lot of people on the forum! And she does have the most fascinating collection of sewing machines outside the sewing machine museum!

While I was in Oregon, we went to a consignment shop. They had a very old hand cranked sewing machine in the window. Besides not being able to afford the price of the machine, I couldn't afford to put it in my suitcase, over weight charges are ridiculous! I thought of Sandy when I saw that machine.

lilmouse
August 18th, 2012, 06:24 PM
A lot of things remind me of Sandy! and of Blondie! and Crazy Mtn Lady! and Jean Sewing Machine! and there are more that I just can't think of their names...darn meds!

BellasQuilts
August 18th, 2012, 06:29 PM
You can start a swap - just an idea. hehehe.
aawww and here l was looking forward to the nekkid rain dance quilt.......Sigh!!!!!

BellasQuilts
August 18th, 2012, 06:31 PM
We love you Sandy! I'm so happy for you.

pcbatiks
August 18th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Congrats Sandy....and Ruby! Look forward to seeing the finished quilts!

bkthomas
August 18th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I called it!!!! Early on in this thread I said.......and the winner is Ruby!!!!!

....is there a prize for that?!!!!!

Congrats Ruby and Sandy - you are both awesome ladies!!!!

bkthomas
August 18th, 2012, 07:29 PM
....and the winner is.....Ruby!!!!!

Dear Divine Daisy, I will be watching to see how this plays out....how Fun!!!

See See - here it is!!!!

HandsOffItsMine
August 18th, 2012, 07:41 PM
See See - here it is!!!!

LOL, You had such faith in me Kathy! Just for that I will pay it forward and make you something special!

What's your favorite color(s)?

Huggers, Ruby

bkthomas
August 18th, 2012, 07:46 PM
LOL, You had such faith in me Kathy! Just for that I will pay it forward and make you something special!

What's your favorite color(s)?

Huggers, Ruby

Oh how sweet Ruby!!! My fav color is yellow (sunshine) but goodness, it costs too much to ship from there - it's the thought that counts!!! Thank You Dear Lady!

bkthomas
August 18th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Oh how sweet Ruby!!! My fav color is yellow (sunshine) but goodness, it costs too much to ship from there - it's the thought that counts!!! Thank You Dear Lady!

Oh BTW - saw your pinnie and thought "How perfect from Her"

sewmuchjan
August 18th, 2012, 08:15 PM
YAY CONGRATS SANDY AND RUBY!!!! YOU BOTH ARE TOPS IN MY BOOK FOR THE WAY YOU CARE FOR PEPOLE. LOVE YA BOTH...

Sew Ms. D..... Sandy's quilt will be a sweet "Wooly Little Lamb in a Field of Fine Divine Daisyies!!!!"

Ms D, Sandy, and Ruby you are so caring and giving it makes a heart feel good. All the Folks here are that way!!! That what makes this place like HOME.

Love, Hugs, and God Bless all of you,
Jan G.

HandsOffItsMine
August 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM

That's why they have Priority Flat Rate Dear Friend. :D

HandsOffItsMine
August 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Oh BTW - saw your pinnie and thought "How perfect from Her"

:) Not very original, except for the pins! lol Almost snipped my fingers off...

Monique
August 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Hey congratulations you two. How cool is that. And I can't believe that Sandy is left speechless. You both deserve this.

janluna
August 19th, 2012, 06:18 AM
You both really do deserve this honer Alison is giving you! You guys have all done for my granddaughters and me. Alison, you are so sweet! What a wonderful gift. Love you all, Hugs, Jan L.

Winniesfriend
August 19th, 2012, 06:38 AM
What fun it has been reading through the posts, well done every one, there are 2 more quilts I am looking forward to seeing.