PDA

View Full Version : IT's Friday! I remembered!

Blondie
August 17th, 2012, 06:25 AM

Oh boy! Oh joy! I actually realized it was friday before I wrote the title this morning. Of course, I have been up a bit longer. Long enough to realize that because it's friday and I work longer today I generally don't cook. Years ago when I had kids, worked and came home to more work ~ how in the world did I do that?~ and they wanted to know what was for dinner, I was the queen of one skillet meals. When I would plop it on their plates they (meaning Josh my fussy eater) would ask "What is it?" I am sooo clever. I would say, what does it look like. They (meaning all 3 of them) knew better than to respond.

These days, with just Luscious and I, I really don't care to cook. Many times on Friday Mom will call and offer to have us over to share dinner with her. It is a win-win. She doesn't enjoy eating alone, she doesn't want to lose the knack of cooking and I don't have to cook. Hmmm, wonder if Mom will call today? She was doing better last evening; it is amazing that a hornet sting caused a flare of gout. She is one fiesty gal!

Reading back over this I have to say that being a Mom was/is an honor and a whole lot of fun. We had a whole lot more laughter than tears. I sure miss those days.

Have a great day folksies!
SMILE

Jean Sewing Machine
August 17th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Morning all!

Gosh, Blondie, you had a whole family of Blondies!

I'm up early and will probably be sorry. When Blondie posted yesterday, Today is Wednesday, I was aghast! The week was already long enough, didn't need another day added! It's the first week back to school, with lots of organizing needed, meetings, greetings of colleagues from the summer, and some uncertainty about what will happen to my program, it seems to be shrinking each semester. Meeting with the dean this morning to make the final decision.

I have another jelly roll quilt half pinned, but yesterday I just couldn't make myself finish pinning it. It is going to be different, because it is made from a fabric called "Fairy Frost", each strip is a different shade of the rainbow. Bought the backing and border of the same fabric, and this little gem is going to be plenty pricey! Whoever gets this is going to get the "gold standard" of lap quilts! I'm thinking of quilting it with metallic thread, since it has silver shot through the fabric.

One more day (actually leaving at noon!) of work, then a weekend of grandkids, ferrying them to multitude of soccer games, then beginning a show costume job. It will be a busy couple of months with that.

Hope you all have a good day.

Monique
August 17th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Good morning you two. Blondie, what a beautiful family you have. No one has to ask me twice out for dinner. I am like you. I cook because I have to eat.

Jean, have a wonderful weekend. Sounds like a busy one.

I never did get the dang grass cut yesterday. There is always today or tomorrow. I had two friends stop in for coffee, so that pretty well took up most of the morning. Had to go to town for a few groceries. Looked at the baby quilt. My friend and neighbour asked to buy it. First of all, she has no money to spare, and I don't know what to charge her for it. I told her I would think about it. Hmmm what to do.

Yesterday as I headed out the door, I went to kiss honey and there on the floor was a little mouse about half dead. He was only about 1 inch long. Two steps forward and then he would stagger. Hubby got him onto an envelope and proceeded to take him outside. He dropped it three times. Need I say UGH? I guess this one got into the poison. Anyway, he is gone. But now, I am constantly looking for half dead mice on the floor. UGH!!!

Got to talk to Roxy who is still out west. Looks like she will be joining Greg in the middle of Sept. She is concerned about not being able to afford gifts for everyone for Christmas. I told her not to stress over it. By everyone, I mean everyone. From aunts and uncles, to cousins. Told her all I want is a family picture. Been asking for that for 3 years now and this year we will all be together. I just might get that picture after all. She is not crafty, so that is out in case you were wondering.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone. Be safe and travel safe if going anywhere. Prayers going out to those in need. You know I love you all.

rebeccas-sewing
August 17th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Jean, I took a picture of a quilt at the festival yesterday and thought of you. I'll post it and show you what this one person who entered the competition did with a jelly roll. It was so cool and very modern looking!

Blondie - I love this picture! You remind me of June Cleaver in "Leave It To Beaver!" Love your curls, the apron is too cute and the shoulder pads in your blouse sure do set the stage for that time period. I'm guessing you were in your late twenties, maybe even early thirties? Seeing this pictures brings back memories for me too. Those years were very busy but fun. I sure do miss the days of their innocent youth.

Bubby
August 17th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie, that's a wonderful picture of you and the kids. What a beautiful family!!

We had two bad storms yesterday with some damage...most tree limbs and all sorts of debris everywhere. It was shades of the 2009 tornado. Our new neighbors from Mississippi came over to spend the evening with us "just in case"....we live in an earth home and they feel safer here. It was a wild ride and a half. We got some rain out of the deal, but what a price to pay for it!

DH is home from work today and we will be going to the apartments to work today and tomorrow. We may spend the night there so we don't have to make the long drive both days.

I need to get off here and pack some food and get Miss Molly ready to go. I wish you all a great Friday...stay safe! Hugs, Barb

MRoy
August 17th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Good morning! Blondie, that's a great family picture. It's super quiet here this morning. DS and the grandkids left yesterday to go to his house in Northern KY. DH and I always miss them terribly when they leave. This afternoon the grandkids will be flying to Arizona to spend a couple of weeks with their other grandparents before returning to New York. I'm praying for a safe trip for them.

It's back to work today. I didn't work Monday or yesterday, so this week is sorta messed up for me. TGIF and I hope everyone has a great day!!

quilter.martha
August 17th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Good morning to you all! Blondie, love your photo of you and the kids! Don't you wish we could make time stand still sometimes?

My little kitty who got stung by a bee last week was so bad off yesterday I was ready to take her to the vet. Her spark was just gone and she acted like she just wanted to curl up and die. Well, this morning my little kitty is back to normal! I have been crying big tears of happiness and joy! I can't believe how easily those two babies worked their way into my heart. She just jumped up in my lap, making it hard to type.

Maybe today I'll get some quilting done. My back has been bad so I've done nothing at the machine for a couple of days. That rarely happens--a bad back--thankfully!

Well, I gotta do some lovin on a kitty now! Have a good day!

auntiemern
August 17th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Good morning all. Yes it is quite early for me. Had to be at DD's this AM to get kids up and ready for day 2 of school. First day was a rousing success. Even my little man (3) had a good day. Rest of they day will be putting together a couple more rag purses for the heritage festival, and get a fireman quilt put together for DD to gift to a co worker. Will make 2, one for her and one for hospital. And least that IS the plan. Busy busy. Hugs and blessings to all and prayers for those in need.

Sandy Navas
August 17th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Where to start? Or should I just stop while I'm ahead. Love the Blondie picture - we'll all have to see if we could post early pictures of us with the family. Wouldn't it be great to have them posted so you couldn't tell who they were and have a game of trying to identify everyone? Bill Nye are you listening?

Today is the last day of Nana's Artscape. We'll be stuffing pinatas and hopefully we'll be able to SMASH them tonight so our little Rita will stop asking "How many days until we can smash the pinatas?" I am certainly going to be dancing a jig this afternoon when I take the girls back home. I had such great plans but they do go wayward trying to please three independent thinkers. I am a firm believer in everyone marching to their own personal drummer (after all, how are new things, ideas developed?) - but I also believe there is a band leader that needs to be obeyed occasionally. I've worked with the girls this week 'trying' to instill some simple rules-of-thumb about art work, drawing, shadowing, the differences in mediums . . . and then have given them free range and watched as they totally ignore everything I've been trying to get through their thick little skulls. I keep remembering a story told when DD decided she needed to homeschool. The little boy was told by his teacher to draw a big red apple - and his apple was square, small, and green - hanging in a tree . . . whatever the real story . . . and the teacher complained because he couldn't follow instructions. So his creativity was totally stifled. I'm quite often amazed by (DON'T ANYONE TAKE THIS PERSONALLY) people who have to follow an exact pattern to create a quilt . . . I guess I'm one of those "march to my own drummer" people, too. And, what I find so easy always amazes me when I find others have difficulty with it . . . You all have talents I don't possess though. Does anyone ever read my ramblings?

The girls insisted in taking their AG doll trundle bed, complete with bedding, home last night - and I think I got some adequate pictures to share. I'll have to wait til the weekend to download and sort through all the photos from the past two weeks.

So, as we come to the end of the week, still hoping for rain, I offer nothing but good thoughts, health, wealth, happiness for everyone.

CrazyMtnLady
August 17th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Good morning all. Great picture Blondie, looks like you had a very happy family.
Sandy, yes I always read what you have to say! So keep on rambling. :)

We got a good rain last night. We went to the neighbor's to celebrate my birthday and it started pouring, the lights flickered off and on a few times but luckily we never lost power. We had a great time. Laurie got me a b-day card and when you open it, it plays the beer barrel polka.. too cute! Well, I didn't get my big juicy hamburger with sweet potato fries last night (DH isn't off the hook yet) but dinner with the neighbors was fun.

Six days and DH's nephew and his wife will be here for a short visit. So we really need to get some work done. His nephew and his wife have both been here before, but I still want the place to look nice when they come. DH's niece and another girl are also coming and they have not been here. It will be fun cooking for a group instead of just us two. But the niece is a vegetarian so that is going to be fun.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers.

Sandy Navas
August 17th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Well, I didn't get my big juicy hamburger with sweet potato fries last night

Sweet potato fries!!! YUM. Whenever I have them I ask that the chef/cook . . . mix sour cream with a bit of honey and cinnamon - a wonderful dip for the fries. YUM!!!

lilmouse
August 17th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Hello Everyone, cute picture Blondie, love it....Sandy we always like your rambling on...don't stop now....feeling a little bit better this morning...might even go into the sewing room....we'll see! Need to make coffee....haven't had that first cup yet! Funny how things change over the years....remember when surgery meant a week in the hospital and stitches....then they went to staples and now they are using super glue...time spent in hospital much shorter (thank you Lord!) and more time recovering at home....did I just date myself? oh well...time marches on! Love and laughter and prayers for all...can't forget the hugs....

Lonna
August 17th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Sandy just keep on rambling on we love to read every word of it. Blondie love the picture I bet those three kept you on your toes at all times. Donna so glad you had a nice birthday, family and friends those are the best of times.

Well feeling much better today on the down hill side of this cold. Was even able to get into my sewing room last night. Got the first slice on my grandson Alec's double slice cake layer quilt done. Tonight I will iron what I got sewed last night and hopefuly get the second slice at least cut. I am useing the crawly critters cake layer and it is so much fun.
Time for me to get a little work done as Wayne will be here at 10:00 to pick me up to go to the Dr. with him. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Lisaau
August 17th, 2012, 12:06 PM
L,m sorry for always being a downer and not my old chirpy happy self but it's 1.05am here l lie in bed with tears rolling my face waiting for the painkillers to work and wondering what l did to deserve this and suddenly the idea of going to the museum on Sunday and using a wheelchair to see the exhibition doesn't sound so enticing anymore

HandsOffItsMine
August 17th, 2012, 01:50 PM
L,m sorry for always being a downer and not my old chirpy happy self but it's 1.05am here l lie in bed with tears rolling my face waiting for the painkillers to work and wondering what l did to deserve this and suddenly the idea of going to the museum on Sunday and using a wheelchair to see the exhibition doesn't sound so enticing anymore

(((Lisa))) Honey, take it one day at a time. There are a few days before Sunday and you really should try to get out. My neck and spine are also messed up by multiple accidents, plus the Fibro and Chronic Migraines. I've been in bed for weeks on end, on heavy painmeds, in the hospital on pain drips for up to a month. I've had days, weeks, etc. like you. I've cried like you Sweetie.

Even if you need to take a mild pain pill, please have your husband take you to the Museum. A day out will do your spirits good, you might not make it for a whole day but you need to get out. :) You're in my prayers and healing light is heading your way from my Rock to yours.

Huggers, Ruby

HandsOffItsMine
August 17th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Nothing exciting here, just the body not cooperating with my plans in life. I so need an adjustment, but when I went to two separate chiropractor offices to make inquiries...
each doctor the height of a door and must have weigh 300+. I'm like no way is this guy going to say "inhale" and crack my back! Yikes!

Thanks to those who sent their info to me again, I have you now in two separate electronic address books. Another thing I miss is our conversations when we have to dump our Inbox! Such a bummer. :( If you missed the post, please send your address, cell phone, email, hubby/significant other to rubyschmer@yahoo.com Mahalo/Thank You Ruby/Don

Prayers for all in need. Huggers for all. Ruby

Sandy Navas
August 17th, 2012, 02:19 PM

I am going to be with you on Sunday, pushing the chair, making you laugh, enjoying every minute of being your personal guide, sharing your joy, feeling your anguish and pains (hoping to take them away from you), and you will always be so pleased that you made this strong effort to do something that you've wanted to for so long!! Lean on me, I'll hold you up!

Sandy Navas
August 17th, 2012, 02:21 PM
(((Lisa))) Honey, take it one day at a time. There are a few days before Sunday and you really should try to get out. My neck and spine are also messed up by multiple accidents, plus the Fibro and Chronic Migraines. I've been in bed for weeks on end, on heavy painmeds, in the hospital on pain drips for up to a month. I've had days, weeks, etc. like you. I've cried like you Sweetie.

Even if you need to take a mild pain pill, please have your husband take you to the Museum. A day out will do your spirits good, you might not make it for a whole day but you need to get out. :) You're in my prayers and healing light is heading your way from my Rock to yours.

Huggers, Ruby

You and Lisa live on rocks?
I didn't know.
I live UNDER a rock . . . and sometimes I crawl out.
Poor you when I do.

Lisaau
August 17th, 2012, 02:34 PM
How did l get to the point of needing to use a wheelchair to go out its 3.30am ...l just rubbed linament into my knee... To try and the pain to ease....(((((sandy and ruby )))) Thxs .....l fell asleep for a short while the pain woke me up.

Madeforyouinma11
August 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone!
Blondie, I love the picture! Sandy, your ramblings are one of the things I love about this forum, don't stop! Donna, glad you had a nice birthday and Sandy, great idea for the sweet potato fries dipping sauce, gonna try that one for sure. oh, and I love your new avatar. I've been wanting to look around and find something new for me too.
I've been up and reading many posts already and my daughter came upstairs and we were looking at some of the albums. She is learning and I wanted to show her that not all things have to match to be beautiful. We always matched everything, I have come to realize that it's ok if it doesn't, she will too.
I am working on a table runner for a Christmas gift, binding a quilt(by hand!) whenever I sit to watch tv(which is not very often) and I am hoping to finish another quilt this weekend that I need to put the top and bottom border on then I can sandwich, quilt and bind. I bought what I need to make my Christmas cards and hope to start those soon also. My goal was to have them done by the end of the month. Well, off to vacuum and do a little laundry. Going to dinner tonight with DD and SIL so that should be fun. I'm hoping to post some pics soon of some of the things I've been making for some feedback so I can keep improving.
Hugs and prayers to all...we all need them!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 17th, 2012, 03:20 PM
How did l get to the point of needing to use a wheelchair to go out its 3.30am ...l just rubbed linament into my knee... To try and the pain to ease....(((((sandy and ruby )))) Thxs .....l fell asleep for a short while the pain woke me up. Those gals who live near the country stores should buy you a case of Old Goats Rub, and send it your way. I hear it is great!

HandsOffItsMine
August 17th, 2012, 03:21 PM
You and Lisa live on rocks?
I didn't know.
I live UNDER a rock . . . and sometimes I crawl out.
Poor you when I do.

If I go under the Rock I would need scuba gear. LOL I would also probably meet up with Tigger the Tiger Shark, he's been hanging out at Makaha Beach again. He so needs to move on to another shore line! That bad boy!! :P

auntiemern
August 17th, 2012, 03:34 PM
So sorry for you Lisa. I know as well how bad the pain can be sometimes. If the pain meds you are currently taking are not helping, talk to your doc about different ones. Some of them just don't work very well, if your body gets used to them. You shouldn't have to live like that. Those of us who deal with pain on a daily basis, must remain strong. Giving up and giving in just should not be an option. ((((Lisa)))). But please, oh please, go out to the museum. Seeing the beauty of the exhibits may do wonders for your spirit. Sandy, don't you dare stop your ramblings. I so look forward to them every day.

bkthomas
August 17th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Oh Blondie, I just love that pic of you and your babies!!! .....and I just love reading this thread each day - but I shall have to read it later - my DD just called, on her way home to pick up 2 of the kids and me to go to the eye Dr. - I'm just along for the ride! Catch ya all later!!!!