PDA

View Full Version : trying to keep all my plates in the air

Divine Daisy
August 16th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I am here people, popping in every day but am finding it hard to keep all my plates spinning.

Mr D goes in for his long haul on wednesday. He is taking it better than I am truthfully.

My mother (dymentia in a care home) had a sore tooth, bit the dentist and hung on like a bull terrior. Both mother and the dentist taken to hospital, dentist was bitten to the bone and needed treatment, Mam was hysterical with fear and needed sedating.

Youngest daughter near her due date, still hates me, still refusing contact and is putting all her energy into trying to convince the rest of my family (I only have one cousin and oldest daughter) that I am evil personified. I have written to her today and told her that no matter what I will always love her and be proud of her and will be here for her if she should ever need me.

Eldest daughter barely in touch, can't cope with her sister's pressure and Mr D being ill.

Need to take a break from Bronte Country Quilt because I am not concentrating and am going to mess it up.

You must all think I do nothing but moan........... sorry guys. Tough time and feel very isolated

K. McEuen
August 16th, 2012, 01:40 PM
They say when it rains it pours. Seem like you've been dealt more of a hurricane.

Mr. D will do fine, you'll just miss him. It would be hard not to. Your daughters, I still say someone needs to smack them and tell them to pull their heads out of their rear ends. Especially the oldest one, she should be telling the younger one to get it together before that baby is born.

Your quilt will be waiting on you when you are ready to pick it up again and if you can't moan to us, who else?

You know, friends are a lot better than family anyway. You get to pick your friends, family you are stuck with.

HandsOffItsMine
August 16th, 2012, 01:55 PM
(((Alison))),

I so wish I could be there for you and Stewart, to be a helping hand. Your time reminds me of how I felt when everything was happening at the same time four years ago.

Your youngest is beyond words at this moment, a swift kick in the (_|_) isn't going to help. You've written her which is good and really all you can do at this time. It hurts like hell I'm sure, many tears shed. Kat and I had a rough spot recently, I had a "Come to Jesus Party" 'cause I didn't want to be 10 miles away and be treated like sh*t if we moved back to the Mainland.

Hopefully your oldest will turn around if you extend a hand on a regular basis, maybe just light conversations, even leaving voicemails with banter.

Stewart is amazing and I'm sure wanting to not add to your stress. That's what our guys do. Don was the same way after his Massive Heart Attack surgeries and then his Open Heart surgery. They don't want us to worry, all's good. Plus Stewart has his quilt made by his hareem, he will take more "No trouble" orders. lol

Mom, oh my goodness, when the mind goes it's so hard on them, the family and all around. Hope the dentist will heal quickly, that must have hurt! Poor mom, in her mind she was probably a little girl. Hopefully she's all calmed down and back to normal.

I know we don't PM much but do contact to talk, I've been there: my Mom (49) battled cancer for 9 years - lost her in 1999, I'm a cancer survivor at 37, I almost lost Don in 2008 and again in 2009, our SIL in 2010 and 2012. I have a daughter who's 27, who will be 28 on the 19th - trust me, she's had three children, hormonal...we've had spats! :)

Love and Huggers, Ruby

SuzyQue
August 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Oh, Daisy, you have just hit a rough patch. This too will pass! I so hate it when so many bad things happen, to good people, all at the same time. What a trial! Vent all you need.....we have ears to hear and shoulders to cry on. Breathe! Then pick up one foot at a time and keep placing them forward. I will pray for you and yours.

bobw103
August 16th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Oh Daisy cyber hugs to you and Mr D. And those kids....do they forget how they came into this world, I just don't get it!
Sometimes we just need to let those plates fall and take a rest. They can always be picked back up again.
One foot in front of the other, on step at a time-sometimes it's all we can do.

lilmouse
August 16th, 2012, 05:11 PM
We are here for you Ms Daisy...always....and you don't always vent...you have given us views of awesome quilts...shared that hunk of a husband with us....and we share the laughter and the tears....can't have one without the other....the stormy days makes us appreciate the bright days more......we are here for you!

pcbatiks
August 16th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Mr and Ms Daisy, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.....hope the time will seem to pass quickly and Mr Daisy will be back home!

MRoy
August 16th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Many HUGS Daisy! You're going through a really rough spot now and we understand the need to vent, whine, b*tch,...whatever you want to call it.

SuziC
August 16th, 2012, 05:44 PM
It's okay to moan every once in a while. Sounds like you are dealing with quite a bit! I will say a special prayer that it all
works out for you soon. Hugs!!!!

CrazyMtnLady
August 16th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Ms Daisy you can moan away to us all you want. I hope your Mom AND the Dentist are both okay.
You are always in my prayers.

Monique
August 16th, 2012, 05:54 PM
You and Mr. D. have so many friends who are here for you, if only in spirit. If I could, and had the money, I would be there in person for you myself.

As for your girls, well, someday, they will come around. They will need you at some point. Take care of yourself and Mr. D. and let the chips fall where they may.

Sandy Navas
August 16th, 2012, 06:07 PM
How long has it been since you locked yourself in the closet and had a really good cry - sounds like that's what you need, followed by something strong, a good night's sleep, and all your on-line friends to come over there and whop one up on so-called family members. I've ordered some strength, hugs, special requests to see you through this. But the good cry in the closet is OKAY!!!

Lonna
August 16th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Dasiy my thoughts and prayers are with you all. You need to worry about you and Mr. D right now. Your daughters are grown they can take care of themselves. I do know how are that is tough to do. As I am having to do that right now with my grown daughter. I know though that when ever she needs me I will be there for her and she does know that. Sad part is she lives no more then 300 or 400 yards away from me. So you take care of you and MR. D and let the rest of those plates just fall. You can pick them up once again when the time is right. I don't think the Ladies here mind on little bit if you moan just from the shore time I have been here I can see and feel the love they all have for you and Mr. D.

Take care and may the Good Lord bless and hold you near.

HandsOffItsMine
August 16th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Dasiy my thoughts and prayers are with you all. You need to worry about you and Mr. D right now. Your daughters are grown they can take care of themselves. I do know how are that is tough to do. As I am having to do that right now with my grown daughter. I know though that when ever she needs me I will be there for her and she does know that. Sad part is she lives no more then 300 or 400 yards away from me. So you take care of you and MR. D and let the rest of those plates just fall. You can pick them up once again when the time is right. I don't think the Ladies here mind on little bit if you moan just from the shore time I have been here I can see and feel the love they all have for you and Mr. D.

Take care and may the Good Lord bless and hold you near.

Lonna, you know that both of you are in Don and my prayers as well. Thank God Kat didn't add to my stress during these times 'cause it's enough stress outside of those times. You are too loved by the others on this Forum and my invitation is open to you and anyone who feels that they need to talk to someone who's been there. When Mom got sick I was 29 and I really didn't anyone with a terminally ill parent. I did feel alone with no sounding board, before internet, forums, worldwide friends. Please reach out to others after that good cry in the shower or closet. lol, mine was the shower, Kat would find me in the closet 'cause she was only 5, the toilet wasn't even an option.

(((Lonna))), Ruby

Jean Sewing Machine
August 16th, 2012, 06:34 PM
If anyone has a legitimate reason to complain a bit, you certainly do. We all feel so helpless to assist, since we are far away. If our shoulders are a comfort for you to lean on, you know they are available. Our prayers are coming to lift you and the whole family up, from bitten dentist to headstrong , hormonal pregnant daughter. But You and Mr. daisy are the most important now.

When my husband was ill, the SIL was in prison, and my boss was a total asshole, and I had to move, I didn't think I'd survive. That old saying kept coming to mind, " God doesn't give you more than you can stand" I'd often say to the heavens, " OK, God, you can quit dumping it on me any time now". I think we need to pray that you don't get dumped on any more!

bkthomas
August 16th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I concur with everyone else - we are here for you - this forum is a great sounding board and we all love hearing from each other, good or bad and like others have said I too wish I could "pop" over and lend a helping hand to you and to many others as I read about your daily trials, Take care and God Bless!!!!

quiltingtrish
August 16th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Mrs. D. - many cyber hugs coming your way. You have alot on your plate and I've still got my prayers coming. Wish I could come over too so you wouldn't feel all alone. You will always find someone here so pop in anytime.

Hugs,

BellasQuilts
August 16th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Oh my, both to the hospital. I bet that was an interesting thing to deal with. No worries, dear, you know we are all here, moan as loud as you NEED to, we are here for you. We got your back. Sending you a big hug. Megan

RiverMomm
August 16th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I am very sorry you are dealing with so much. Feel free to vent as much as you need here! Sometimes it just helps to say it, have a good cry and then stand up to keep on going.

And your daughters will come around one day. Some kids need to totally separate before they can become friends.

(((((Hugs)))))) and prayers coming your way. Remember to take care of yourself!

:) Vicky

sewmuchjan
August 17th, 2012, 12:54 AM
OH DAISY DEAR DAISY BIG HUGS (((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Let it go and have a good cry we will hold you in our hearts and send you and Mr D. prayers, love, and hugs.

love you both,
Jan G.

janluna
August 17th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Hi Alison, Stewart and you are in our prayers daily. My youngest Son, John and I tend to bump heads easily. Getting along with him is the hard part. I've learned to bite my tongue, and shine it on. We only speak of the weather and other vague things. It's sad but he is easier to get along with that way. What can we do as parents but raise them, love them, and turn them loose to deal with life their own way. He's not in jail, or homeless, so I'm hoping some of the things we taught him are helping him. We love him dearly, but he has a strange outlook on life in general. It's hard, I know. I do know if we really, really needed him, he would be there. At least that is what I need to think for now. LOL
So, vent away, have a good cry, and know we all love you both very much. You and Stewart are in our prayers and thoughts everyday. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.
P.S. Maybe you should move over here. At least we could get to you if you needed us. You could move around the country and visit all of us. That way you would have support when you needed it. You could live in the north in summer and go south in the winter. lol Sorry, just dreaming again. Hugs, Jan

rebeccas-sewing
August 17th, 2012, 07:33 AM
What an awful thing to have happen! I feel so bad for all of you! I guess your mom will need to be sedated in future for any dental visits. Dementia is such a sad part of so many folks' lives. My mom had dementia so I know a bit of what you're going through. Don't worry about sharing your troubles. This is one place you can come for some good therapy. Give Mr. D. a hug for us. Hoping the outcome will be positive. Hang in there. You do the right thing in keeping in touch with your girls whatever way you can. It breaks my heart to hear how they are rejecting you, especially at a time when one really needs family for support. I guess you'll just have to look at us as the family who will always be there to lend you some comfort. Lots of hugs!

quilter.martha
August 17th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Hang in there Alison and vent all you need! How very thankful I am for this forum that we have the freedom to share from our hearts about what's going on in our lives--whether good or bad. You're going through a very rough time right now. Know that you have all our support and prayers. I wish we could be there to hug you in person and then take some of your load off you. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

auntiemern
August 17th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Oh Ms Daisy. I can't imagine the roller coaster of emotions you must be going thru. Have to agree with Ruby about your daughter. Personally think she is being a selfish brat with all you have going on right now. That being said, you need to have Mr. D at the top of you worry priority list right now. She will come around eventually, girls always need their moms at some point. Prayers and extra hugs coming your way (((Ms. Daisy)))

meemeecyn
August 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Murphy's Law at it's 'best'. Your daughter is missing out on so much as you are an incredible woman. You do have so much on your plate(s). However, you do keep all of them all in the air and balanced with immeasurable grace.
Bless you and Mr D. I pray that your Mom find some peace and your daughter 'sees the light'.
Cynthia

csarina
August 17th, 2012, 03:22 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Mr and Mrs D)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) you are always in my thooughts and prayers.

As for the two daughters, I know its hard but step back and let them get on with it. You have enough on your plate without having to cope with them.

Take care........

Love Big berthas previous Mum.