PDA

View Full Version : thanking God for good eval

Cellomom
August 14th, 2012, 12:27 AM
hi lovely quilties,
the surgery last friday left me pretty groggy over the weekend. today the doc gave me a positive eval on my finger! yeah! he said i was lucky to have a finger, so i'm thanking God that it went this well. i have a pin holding my bone in place and will be off work for 6 weeks. thanks so much for all your prayers. i have feeling in the finger, but have a long way to go before i can use the hand. the pin comes out in a month. dh is such a trooper for helping me with EVERYTHING. please pray for him for strength and patience for all he does. i'll be drooling at all your pretty projects in the weeks to come.

SuzyQue
August 14th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Prayers said and will be repeated. Please take care of yourself and let that hand heal properly. Prayers for hubby, too!

Bubby
August 14th, 2012, 01:08 AM
So glad your finger is going to be fine...although it's going to take time. This is a good time to watch tutorials and make plans for what you will sew when your hand is working again. I'm praying for a speedy recovery period...:)

K. McEuen
August 14th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Glad you came through the surgery okay. It's best to stay groggy for a couple days after repairs like that, the pain isn't much fun.

BellasQuilts
August 14th, 2012, 01:29 AM
They say the third day after surgery is the worst, so sounds like you are past that now. Hang in there, and take it easy. Rest is the most important thing for healing! We will pray for you and your DH.

phoots
August 14th, 2012, 01:32 AM
I'm glad your surgery went well. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery!

Pam in Vegas

Madeforyouinma11
August 14th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Glad it's good news. Take care and rest!

HandsOffItsMine
August 14th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Great news and like Barb says, lots of great tutorials on Craftsy and YouTube. You'll have a lead on us who are messing things up on the fabric side. lol

Prayers and healing light coming your way.

Huggers, Ruby

Jean Sewing Machine
August 14th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Hope you recover well and quickly! It would pain me greatly not to be able to use my hand for 6 weeks. Hope you can entertain yourself during your time off.

rebeccas-sewing
August 14th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Excellent! So glad the surgery was a success! Take good care of yourself. Gosh, all that time off and you can't sew. Now that stinks!!! I guess you'll just have to do lots of planning for when you've healed.

Blondie
August 14th, 2012, 10:10 AM
How great is this? You get a month off with benefits of not having to lift a finger. I would be like you - not know what to do. Of course, I can dream of OD'ing on tutorials, online shopping with my invisible bank account, and let's not forget - NO HOUSEWORK.
Dang, girlfriend, I am going to pray for your hubs. He sounds like a good egg. Bless him.

lilmouse
August 14th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Prayers headed your way for both you and your husband...it is hard for us to sit still and not do...we aren't wired to lay around and do nothing for that length of time...glad your surgery went well and hope for super speedy recovery! Feelings in the finger is a good sign and at least the pin is temporary!

Sandy Navas
August 14th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Did you ask the doctor if you would be able to play the cello after you healed?

Here's to a speedy recovery - now stay upright and don't trip any more, okay?

Sending hugs!

Cellomom
August 14th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Did you ask the doctor if you would be able to play the cello after you healed?

Here's to a speedy recovery - now stay upright and don't trip any more, okay?

Sending hugs!

thanks everyone for your support. it's comforting to read your kind messages. sandy, i didn't want to ask the doc that until i progress more. a friend just asked yesterday and since it's my bowing hand, i'm hoping all will be well, or if not, i think adaptions could be made. i'm supposed to play for a friend's wedding next spring so hope hand is totally mended by then. in the meantime, i'm heeding all your advice, especially stay on your feet!

K. McEuen
August 14th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I would think once the pins are out and the finger is healed up, some exercises to regain any strength that you might have lost and the finger/hand would be good as new. Maybe one of those stress balls to squeeze would be all you need.

Monique
August 14th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Glad it went well. Take the time to recover completely.

SuziC
August 14th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah for you!!!! Hope you continue to heal FAST!!!!! PS...prayers for you DH