PDA

View Full Version : Shooting near Texas A&M

madampolo
August 13th, 2012, 09:44 PM
There was a shooting today very near the campus of Texas A & M. A & M is about 50 miles from where we live. My husband is an Aggie (graduate of A & M), so we were very alarmed by it. A man was being evicted at a house close to campus, and he shot the officer delivering the notice. Gunfire erupted everywhere, and they killed the shooter and another man. I feel so bad for the officer that died. He left a wife and two small kids. You just never know what will happen any given day you wake up.

janluna
August 13th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I've decided people are nuts! I couldn't believe it when I saw this on the news. So terrible. I feel bad for the officer's family and the people who were injured. That is a mandatory death sentence isn't it, for shooting an officer in the line of duty? I thought they killed the shooter but I may have missed some of the news clip. Hugs, Jan L.

auntiemern
August 13th, 2012, 10:04 PM
That really is sad. A man is dead just because he was doing his job. This world is in such a sad state.

madampolo
August 13th, 2012, 11:01 PM
There is never a mandatory death sentence, just a choice between it and a life sentence. Now, this shooter got an immediate death penalty. Of course, here in Texas, we do like to give them a shot for their health, either immediately, or several years down the road.

nurrsey
August 13th, 2012, 11:08 PM
I don't understand what this world has come to....so sad....I will say a silent prayer the wife and children.

Sandy Navas
August 14th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Saying prayers for the officer's family and friends. Another senseless act in a senseless world of senseless people. So sad.

twnkeyes
August 14th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I was driving thru College Station at the time of this shooting but I had no idea it was going on until I was 2 hours up the road. It makes me sick. We have guns and rifles here at the ranch. I just wish there was some kind of brain test when given a gun license that would show that a person has the potential of shooting another human being! Who knows, that guy may not have even had a license. I pray for the family of the policeman and the family of the shooter. What a horrible legacy.