PDA

View Full Version : September 11th.

Laura108
September 11th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I will never forget and today I pause to sew quietly and remember all the loved ones. Fellow Americans.Fellow New Yorkers and first responders who are sick and still trying to heal. God Speed to all. Thank you to our service man and woman who fight daily to give us the freedoms that we still have. 9-11 changed all of us we just need to pause and remember with love we can get thru anything TOGETHER!!

NM Lady
September 11th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I will never forget and today I pause to sew quietly and remember all the loved ones. Fellow Americans.Fellow New Yorkers and first responders who are sick and still trying to heal. God Speed to all. Thank you to our service man and woman who fight daily to give us the freedoms that we still have. 9-11 changed all of us we just need to pause and remember with love we can get thru anything TOGETHER!!

Well said.

janluna
September 11th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I agree with you Laura. I will never forget. My son ended up going down there with his fire dept. to teach a class and to take one. He said going to ground zero was the most profound site he has ever seen. As far as the fire fighters are concerned it is sacred ground. He said no one can talk while there. This silence permeates everyone and it is only after you move away that you can speak again. It's just profound.

ginampls
September 11th, 2010, 08:51 PM
wow,...some day i would like very much to go there., one day. i will.

sally
September 12th, 2010, 01:39 AM
When I was 21 I went to New York and was in the World Trade center. I remember how it swayed and how you had to take 2 elevators to get to the top viewing rooms. 9-11 will always stay with me and my sorrow still so profound. As I peace officer I will never forget the sacrifices made that day...never!

Lisaau
September 12th, 2010, 02:17 AM
A very close family friends 21 yr old daugther was on holidays from Australia in the usa and was just walking out of the world trade centre as the 1st plane hit ....I'll never forget how it felt whilst waited for news on Carly ..... So it also affected people on the other side of the world

quiltingtrish
September 12th, 2010, 10:04 AM
I remember watching t.v. that morning and having the program interupted with the news. I even called my Dad right away - which I never call him before noon - to tell him to turn the t.v. on. We were on the phone together while the 2nd and 3rd planes hit. Couldn't get a hold of my DH cause he was already at work with the National Guard and they were called out that fast to be on full alert.
Prayers for the families and like Laura says, lots are still dealing with the injuries they received that morning.

Never forget!

Hugs,