PDA

View Full Version : Monday - and it's gonna be a good one

Blondie
August 13th, 2012, 06:20 AM

Good Monday Morning, Folksies!
Today is going to be one different day for me. Hubs will be back at work all day. I may actually clean a wee bit in the house. I did some preliminary cleaning last night. I kinda liked the way the floor under all the dirt looked. Hmmm, almost forgot that it wasn't a red clay floor.

BIL is going for a second stress test this morning. The first one he took a while back ~ they stopped it after 20 minutes because they couldn't get his heart rate up and his BP was getting too high. He then got a report that said his stress test came out FINE. He has changed cardiologists to the one my folks have used. This Dr is a wonderful wonderful fella and a good dr to boot. I personally feel better for my precious BIL to be going to him. The other dr did not have good bedside manner and really was quite rude. My sis was beside herself because when she would ask him a question concerning her hubs, he would not answer. See now, it's only Monday morning and I have already thought jack ass, even if I didn't say it. Sandy! Help me! I am getting light headed at the thought of some ME time this morning! Should I really clean the house a bit? Should I go to Sis's house for morning coffee? What about Mom? Oh that's right, she is going with a few friends off for the day; they are leaving early this morning about 7 ish I think. Oy! What kind of trouble can I get into all by myself?

Have a wonderful day, folksies. Dont forget to

SMILE

Loonwatcher
August 13th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie, I hope all goes well for your BIL. Doctors can be very rude; like they are doing us a big favor giving (for a very high price that is) their time.

Today is my last day of work before vacation. So much to do. We fly out at 6:00AM headed to Alaska for a days. I already have a LQS picked out that's walking distance from our hotel in Anchorage. Anybody else have any other must sees in Anchorage. I only hope my plantar fasteitis (sp?) and bone spurs don't ruin everything. Sometimes I can barely walk and I expect to do a lot of walking - but I'm bringing cap money too; just would prefer to walk.

Also have to get the Patriots football game programmed into her DVR. She's in rehab for a few months after a very serious car accident a couple weeks ago. She has some broken cervical vertebrae, several broken ribs, a broken arm and leg. She's lucky to be alive but she's not feeling very lucky right about now.

Hope everyone has a great day. I should be able to stop in a few times this week.

quilter.martha
August 13th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Morning Blondie and Nancy! Oh how we would love to go to Alaska someday. Have a great trip Nancy! I'm green with envy.

This past weekend we spent up on the sea shore of Maine with friends. We stayed in a little cottage right on the beach. It was so different from our normal type vacation--just sit around the beach, swim and walk. The weather wasn't so great, but I did brave the cold Atlantic and did some body surfing! I think its been over 7 years since I got wet in the Atlantic. We got a good laugh--2 middle aged women out in the water acting like kids. What did people think watching us?

Today I MUST clean the house. It is in a horrible state. So, after grocery shopping that is my plan for the day. Doubt if any sewing time is in the picture for today...:( Have a great day everyone!

rebeccas-sewing
August 13th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Hey Blondie! Time for yourself? That's a no-brainer. You deserve "me" time with all the activities in your life. Enjoy a free day all to yourself! You'll feel revitalized to take on the tasks ahead!

Nancy, in paragraph 3, who is "she?"

I love Maine. We spent our honeymoon there back in the fall of 1982. If I had to choose a place to live on the east coast it would definitely be New England. I know it gets really cold there but I'd manage! Martha, your cottage vacation by the sea sounds so wonderful.

I really need to clean also. I'll wait until Joe goes out-of-town in a few days and then get the place ship-shape before his return. For some reason I prefer to clean when no one's around. It's a habit from cleaning my house in CA. Joe would be out the door in the early hours, I'd get the girls off to school and then dig right in and remove the grunge. It'll be a rude awakening when we finally move back and I have to tackle that big house and the yard!!! This life of leisure is wonderful but it won't last.

The Olympics are over! I guess Londoners will be happy to have their city back. We watched a bit of the closing ceremonies and got bored so we turned it off. I wasn't too impressed with it. Seemed to me there was an awful lot of fanfare that didn't even relate to the Olympics. We turned it back on and caught the tail end of it. The flame dancers and the slow close of the torches was very nice. Looks like USA was the top winner of medals. The UK also did quite well. It'll be a big adjustment for the athletes since their lives have been so engrossed in preparations to participate.

Tonight, I finish the handwork on my "secret buddy" gift and then set it aside until Blondie tells me who my buddy is. Today, I'll start a nautical quilt for my daughter's boyfriend for Christmas. He just passed the test to become a skipper. I hope I get to go sailing with them when I'm back in the states.

Monique
August 13th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Good morning all you early birds.

It has been a wonderful weekend with my girls. I love them so much. I have to work today and then we will take the girls to meet up with their mom to head home. Jodi enjoyed her girls weekend and I enjoyed having the girls.

The forecast is calling for rain all week. I think it is too late for the farmers, but we still need the rain.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

buckeyequilter
August 13th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Good morning....

Monday and back to work...have to support my habit :) Looks like it's going to be a nice week with maybe a little rain and cooler temps. I have my first quilting class coming up on Saturday. I need to get the rest of my supplies together.

I like your Simple Rules for a Happy Life, Blondie. I used to make graphics and have a lot of them stored on an external hard drive - I made small graphics, websets etc. I also have a lot of graphics that I've collected over the years. I might dig through those some evening and share them in my posts. I also have a lot of graphics that I've collected over the years.

Like others, I need to give the house MY personal touch....DH cleans (but......). I really appreciate what he does but he doesn't see things like I do (dust, cobwebs).

Have a wonderful Monday....prayers and hugs to all.

Koda
August 13th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Morning Everyone,

I too am jealous of the Alaska trip - MAN, a trip to Alaska has been on my "to do list" for about 20years now. Make sure you take pictures - I love to see pictures.

Well I am not sure what I will do today. I decide that while I have my tea, and since it isn't complete I figure I don't need to make any hasty decisions yet. LOL. I will complete an applique design today and no doubt spend time in the shop moving some equipment into the garage. I am in the process of selling sandblasting equipment and its easier for people to come see it that way.

Hope whatever you decide to do today, you have time to play.

Namaste,
Koda

Bubby
August 13th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Hi,

Just checking in....got DH off to work, Molly has been fed and medicated and I'm on a second load of wash. I guess it's going to be my day to clean also, except I have a noon appointment and I will have to stop for that.

Our weather has cooled down considerably and it almost feels like Fall is coming. Saturday I finished my blocks for the Halloweenie swap...I just need to give them a good press and label them and get them in the mail. Then I can clean the sewing room....I sure made a mess working with all those strips! Lola and I are good friends already....feels like I've had her for years rather than a few days. She's my dream!!

Martha, glad you had a good vacation....I love New England. Nancy, enjoy your fantastic trip. Make sure the shoes you take are well cushioned and take a little time to stretch the tops of your feet every day. I do this before I get out of bed in the morning....this will help you. Also take your pain meds with you. I hope you have a fantastic trip...take lots of pictures for us!

I'm off to begin my day....I hope everyone's Monday is productive and includes some sewing, even a little! Hugs, Barb

Jean Sewing Machine
August 13th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Good morning everyone! Alaska, we went 10 years ago, spent one week on a cruise and one week in an RV out of Ankorage. Didn't spend nearly enough time in Ankorage to tell anything about it, except there is a park overlooking the ocean on the west side of town where you can view the most gorgeous sunsets.

Our street is going to be repaved with blacktop today, three of us all had the same idea and parked our vehicles at the church next door so we could get out. We live on a court, so all the trucks and mess would keep us in or out, one or the other. I have to go in to work today, so I need to be out. We had a nice little walk and chat from the church yard to ourho es on a nice cool breezy morning.

Hope everyone has a good day.

RiverMomm
August 13th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Good Morning all!

This is the beginning of a busy week for me. I have already washed two loads of laundry and started packing bits and pieces for the kid going off to school. If it doesn't get packed, well, he will have to live without it or buy it-shipping is too expensive here. The goal is to get the 4 winter tires and rims in the back of the car and all the other stuff. It will be a challenge but I am pretty good at packing-so we will see.

So, I have put away my quilting until . . . Thursday night. Then its only me and the fabric for a week. I hope to get my sewing area more user friendly (or at least on the same floor of the house!)

My SIL is concerned about my empty nest so she went fabric shopping on Saturday for me and will be sending it home with DH when he flies back. I can't wait!

Have a wonderful Monday and hope everyone gets a bit of rain. :)

Sandy Navas
August 13th, 2012, 10:09 AM
26286Blondie will understand.

Nancy, if you are close:
Sylvia's Quilt Depot
1261 Seward Meridian Suite E
Wasilla, AK 99654

Another day with the three girls - art lessons, if I can get them to keep from being so silly. FINALLY got Al off his duff and he's busy painting our front doors - which should have been done six years ago when he had the house repainted. Yes, he avoids his Honey-Do lists . . .

Overcast and very dark out today but no rain predicted. It is holding about 65 degrees though with a gentle breeze. Keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get more much needed rain. We've only had a few brief showers - enough to wet the sidewalks and then it moves on.

Got a lot of work done on the bedding for the trundle bed Al made for the girls. I'll post pictures when I'm through.

You'all have a wonderful day - hate to hear so many have to go back to work today or soon. Glad that is behind me - but would love the income. Otherwise, keep your eyes open for a Brinks truck with the back doors open and call me . . .

Sending prayers, hugs, best wishes, happy birthdays . . . hope I've caught everyone. I'll be off dreaming of a clam roast along the north Atlantic shore . . .

Donna F
August 13th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Good morning ladies. I got a call last night from my aunt, she is having disc replacement surgery today on her neck. She must be nervous because she never calls. We should be closer than what we are, she is only 9 yrs older than me, but she does have a busy life.
I got a video last night from dd#3, the baby rolled over on his own and he looked like he was going to get up a crawl. Hes growing so fast! I don't see him nearly enough & they only live 2 miles from me. I constantly volunteer to babysit with no luck. I can't wait til she gets a job, then he will be with me everyday.
No Dr appts this week so that is a good thing. I so hate to go to those.
Speaking of vacations, DH is taking off 2 weeks the end of this month. I hope we can get out of town. If we don't he will drive me crazy. He always has to be doing something and he has completed his honey do list. I wish I was visiting Maine or Alaska or anywhere there is a beach. I could sit & watch the water for hours.
I do have something important to do this week. I have began a quilt and have everything prepared to sew but its very tedious sewing. I have vowed to at least have all the blocks sewn by Friday and I am beginning a new flare so I dunno how its going to happen but I am just going to deal with it and get it done. My mom sent some peas up my way from Florida, I hope I get the call today to come & pick them up. I love my fresh peas! Enough of me now. I hope you gals have a wonderful day!! Blondie, don't get yourself into any trouble just because you're getting some alone time. Relax & enjoy the quiet!

cyndiofthevortex
August 13th, 2012, 10:52 AM
A trip, a trip, my kingdom for a trip! Sounds wonderful to be travelling! But I do like my little home and I am content.

Here are the compainy things to get them out of the way: Yesterday was my late mother's birthday, so there were some tears.
I had a migraine in the night (hate those) with some pain lingering now. I won't let it beat me, though.
DH has a strange bump near his knee and needs to have it checked. He is a chicken but I can be persuasive so he will go.

There! It is sunny outside and I have grandsons running in and out of the house and I can sew as much as I want today. I will NOT be guilted into cleaning even though my house desperately needs it. Embrace those dust bunnies in the corner, I say. Figuratively of course. It's an old house. It's part of its charm.

Grab ahold of peace today and don't let it go! I wish it for all of you. Ask God for it and he will give it to you, no matter what your circumstances. He is good.

CrazyMtnLady
August 13th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Good Morning all. Sure did miss getting on here over the weekend to see what was up with my quilty friends. DH got home late last night and was starved and exhausted. I fed him and he crashed. Mondays are always a day of recuperation for him. He doesn't sleep or eat well while he is away. I am hoping he at least tries to get the John Deere Gator going. I have a lot of yard work I want to do now that it has cooled down a bit.

CHESTER CAME HOME! My neighbor came down Friday evening and her and I were sitting out on the deck. I heard a meow and knew it was Chester's meow and there he was. I called DH right away and his first words were, Make him a litter box so he doesn't have to go outside! So now I have a smelly litter box to deal with :(.
DH came home bearing gifts for me. My birthday is on Thursday and he bought me a new iron, a cd/radio, a bottle of Merlot and some melting wax for my candle melter units. They are from Sensey(sp) I sure made out like a bandit.

Today plan on doing some sewing. I hope.

hugs and prayers.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 13th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Good Morning all. Sure did miss getting on here over the weekend to see what was up with my quilty friends. DH got home late last night and was starved and exhausted. I fed him and he crashed. Mondays are always a day of recuperation for him. He doesn't sleep or eat well while he is away. I am hoping he at least tries to get the John Deere Gator going. I have a lot of yard work I want to do now that it has cooled down a bit.

CHESTER CAME HOME! My neighbor came down Friday evening and her and I were sitting out on the deck. I heard a meow and knew it was Chester's meow and there he was. I called DH right away and his first words were, Make him a litter box so he doesn't have to go outside! So now I have a smelly litter box to deal with :(.
DH came home bearing gifts for me. My birthday is on Thursday and he bought me a new iron, a cd/radio, a bottle of Merlot and some melting wax for my candle melter units. They are from Sensey(sp) I sure made out like a bandit.

Today plan on doing some sewing. I hope.

hugs and prayers.I love scentsy, until you spill the melted wax. It's no fun to clean up. Luckily, my spill was in the bathroom sink, so I could really scrub it down easily. Have a good birthday!

SuzyQue
August 13th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Off to spend the day shopping with the middle daughter, who is heading back to college soon. Will leave the house with the guys, but of course they won't be cleaning! Shhhhhh! Please quit talking about cleaning.....makes me feel very guilty! I have really been enjoying extra time on my Dresden quilt, but know that will be really slowing down quickly when school session begins again. I will try to find one more spool of that luscious thread......4 circles short of finishing those plates. REALLY! and to think I was hoping 1 spool would make it and I finished up 3 in 4 days!!!

Also envious of trips, but I truly hope you can enjoy them! Happy Art lessons, Sandy. Hug that baby tighter, Donna. He is growing too fast! I think I would be sneaking down those 2 miles to see him daily! (I know .....I might be that pesty grandma) Cindy,I love your positive energy this a.m. Thanks! And I, too, own an old farmhouse, so I understand the charm in dusty bunny corners...now to get the rest of my guilt to accept it! Prayers to those that need it....hugs to everyone else! Off to have a great, but probably too long, of a shopping day with my daughter. Might not be too many more of these as she will be off too soon!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 13th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I love scentsy, until you spill the melted wax. It's no fun to clean up. Luckily, my spill was in the bathroom sink, so I could really scrub it down easily. Have a good birthday!
I loved my John Deere Gator when I lived in the country. We went all over the property in the thing. On trash day, it was invaluable, carrying the trash cans up the 1/4 mile long driveway to the road. It was one possession I hated to part with when we moved back to the city. The other thing was my beautiful cloud blue kayak I paddled on my lake. A 5 foot pond just can't take the place of a 5 acre lake.

Lonna
August 13th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Good Morning All,

Not much going on here I came into work this morning and that was a mistake. I hate calling in sick to work and I normally don't do it. I think I have called in sick once in the past 5 years and I think today should have been number 2. I do believe that as soon as my manager gets back from checking on our other location I will tell him I need to go home. Then call and cancel my appt. this afternoon for my mamo. Just don't think I am up for that today.

Hope eveyone has a wonderful day. Me I just want back on my couch.

LynneLeavell
August 13th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Well my oldest grandson starts Pre-k Wednesday. I'm not ready. I still see him as the little baby that I held in my arms and rocked every night at two in the morning. My daughter, daughter in law and myself spent Saturday morning consignment shopping looking for deals for the three boys. Then shoe shopping for the three. Only the two oldest ones got shoes. My daughter in law didn't find any for her son. No sewing done but did get some crosstitching done on my great nephews Christmas stocking. Oh well maybe this week. Hubs is in town working for about a month and then he will go either to Anderson South Carolina or Mobile Alabama. Yea it's a job but I get more done when he is gone because I stay up later.

Oh well everyone have a great day.

P.S. Blondie enjoy your me time.

aliaslaceygreen
August 13th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Good morning all..... Off today and tomorrow... .I will PROBABLY do some cleaning today and save tomorrow for quilting as I have a group I gather with...but maybe not... I did some scrap sorting last night and have some ideas....so much more fun than laundry and dishes!!!!

Hope everyones week is wonderful!

lilmouse
August 13th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Everyone have a good Monday....Blondie; knowing you; you will find some kind of trouble to get into...can't picture you sitting still and relaxing.....just doesn't fit in my brain; hope everyone has a good day today in whatever they do...I have to work but it is my last day of work for a whole month...don't know what I will do with myself...surgery is on Wed...will be glad to have it behind me...no more looking for the nearest bathroom everywhere I go! My other half should be home sometime tomorrow so he can take me and pick me up on Thurs....make sure I am settled in ok and then he goes back to work for another three weeks...sometimes I wish he were home more....but then we would get on each others nerves....hope all your seams nest together pretty; the seam ripper gets lonely and the sewing machine is your best friend...love and prayers and hugs to all. See you later!

Madeforyouinma11
August 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Happy Monday everyone! I've had a slow start today. Couldn't sleep last night,(how I hate those kind of nights). Hubby is on vacation but is working an overtime shift today. I will be painting and sewing while he is away. I did some cleaning yesterday so that will hold me til tomorrow. I had a nice day yesterday with my two daughters. My hubby and two SILs went to play disc golf and us girls stayed behind. We did some sewing, and had a nice cookout when they got home. I was actually pretty productive this weekend. I worked on a quilt, made 3 sets of 1 burp cloth and 1 changing pad per set. I have enough left, I think I'm going to make 1 more burp cloth for each set. I started a bib, which I will finish today and I have two panels for Sesame Street which I am going to put together today also. I have some charm packs that I need to decide what kind of quilts to make with them. Oh well, I love staying busy....
Blondie, it's great having a day to yourself once in awhile.
Nancy, have a wonderful vacation!
CrazyMtnLady, I'm so glad that Chester is home safe and sound!
Well, I gotta go and be productive!
If you need rain, I hope the skies open, if not, I hope the sun shines bright upon your face....