PDA

View Full Version : Maybe l'm an idealist

Lisaau
August 12th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Maybe l'm an idealist that can one day see a world united as one ....that for 16 days every 4 years my heart jumps with joy at the very thought of the world coming together as one in the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play and respect for another person ...no matter their background ...this is a dream of my hearts desire a prayer my soul holds very dear to my heart. To see the wonder on the faces of those who come from countries that aren't as well off as ours ..to see and experince their zest for life and the joy they hold close to their hearts. to make a difference in another persons life and to say l see you. To experince another one far removed from the one that l know to catch a glimpse into anothers world.

To see a coach of an african weight lifting team who left foot is badly deformed and his only means of walking is to use a broom stick under his armpit as a crutch. To face the realities of life far removed from the world that l know and to wonder at how this can happen when the world has so much. How can one person be deprived of the medical help he needs when another is an olympian who has a $500,000 watch on his wrist. How does this happen in a world that has so much.

Yes maybe l'm an idealist but l can one day see a world united as one, where noone wants for anything. In the words of John Lennon "and the world will live as one"

rebeccas-sewing
August 12th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I'm with you, Lisa! It's good to have dreams. I think most good things start with a dream.

Sandy Navas
August 12th, 2012, 09:36 AM
My daughter once said to me: "Mom, your biggest problem is that you want everything to be perfect."

Then she went on to tell me this is not a perfect world. To which I replied, "But it could be . . . "

Every great fire starts with one tiny spark. If enough sparks are started around the world, it is possible your dream could come true - but I don't see it happening in our lifetime.

Dream on, my dear little friend from the Land of Oz - I'm dreaming with you.

BellasQuilts
August 12th, 2012, 12:35 PM
I'm with you. Look at the Arab Spring. One man stood up and said no more. It spread like wildfire. When the hearts are ready, it will happen.

bakermom
August 12th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Agree!If we could just spend time together we would find we are more alike than different. and what is different isn't always bad.

auntiemern
August 12th, 2012, 01:42 PM
What a wonderful dream. Cannot see it happening in my life time. Until others learn tolerance for others beliefs, rituals, and differences, unfortunately our world will remain as it is. But then, it never hurts to dream of a place like that.

sewmuchjan
August 12th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I wish and pray for that too. I hope it happens someday maybe my DGKids will see it or my DGGKid will. What a great dream.

Hugs, and Blessing for a wonderful world as one,
Jan G.