PDA

View Full Version : Trouble making a decision, can anyone else relate to this or is it just me?

Cathy F
August 11th, 2012, 09:59 PM
I am looking for a dining room area rug, I have the vision in my brain, and I think I've seen one I like on line so why can't I make up my mind and just order it. I'm sitting here for 2 days now second guessing myself should I order it or not. Yet, I can visulize a quilt in my head and go on line and order fabric for it in the blink of an eye. What's the difference!?

Jean Sewing Machine
August 11th, 2012, 10:57 PM
You are going to make a rug? Wow, your talents are endless! Oh, you were comparing your ability to buy quilt fabrics to your difficulty in buying a rug. They aren't exactly the same when it comes to cost, I can see why you are hesitant.

By the way, I did see a rug that was quilted by a very talented Tin Lizzie representative, it was backed with canvas, and it was quite stunning. So you could make your rug if you were so inclined!

phoots
August 12th, 2012, 02:34 AM
I'm almost always second guessing online purchases. But I always remember that things can be returned if your not happy!!! Yea, it's a hassle, but it works!!!

Pam in Vegas

Bubby
August 12th, 2012, 02:40 AM
If you are having this much trouble deciding I recommend you not buy it until you have a peace about buying it.

brook
August 12th, 2012, 02:45 AM
With fabric you can buy it and figure out later what you want to do with it. Not so with an area rug. I like to deal with worst case scenarios because it helps me put things into perspective. If you buy an area rug, the worst that could happen is you have to return it. End of story. See, worst case isn't so bad. " )

auntiemern
August 12th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Have to agree with Barb. Until you can be happy with what you decide, put it off. If you are sure that is the one you want, order it. You can always send it back, but that is such a hassle.

Musical_Starling
August 12th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Maybe you're not meant to buy that one, or maybe someone is trying to tell you that it's going on sale soon so you should wait :P I've been doing this for the best part of a year over a TV unit for our bedroom, and just a month ago I found one that was 100 times better than the one I had originally wanted! So naturally I purchased it right away, and it's perfect :)

Sandy Navas
August 12th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Maybe you're not meant to buy that one, or maybe someone is trying to tell you that it's going on sale soon so you should wait :P I've been doing this for the best part of a year over a TV unit for our bedroom, and just a month ago I found one that was 100 times better than the one I had originally wanted! So naturally I purchased it right away, and it's perfect :)

I just noted your signature line and had to let you know that I couldn't agree more.

janluna
August 12th, 2012, 05:22 PM
I agree with Dee too. You'll know when you find the rug you want. Hugs, Jan L.