PDA

View Full Version : I'm Spittin Nails

mommadeb
August 11th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I never vented in a forum but I have to now. My husband and I decided a few weeks ago to come north for Fish Days, a small town festival. There is a couple and their kids that usually stay at our cabin at the same time. Long time friends of my husband's. Anyway, my husband told them (when we decided we were coming up here) that they would not be able to stay this year and they needed to find other accomodations. They then, at that point, had 4 wks notice. They were already staying in a town nearby where they had rented a place for one week. My husband told the guy that there was no way they could stay with us this time. We decided that we wanted to have some time alone this weekend. They could have extended their stay at the place they had for the weekend.

Now to set the stage, this family completely takes over when they stay here. The cabin only has a bathroom, two bedrooms and a living room upstairs and kitchen downstairs. Their things completely cover ever available surface in the living room. Coolers on the kitchen floor. Usually 4-5 totes of stuff and a couple suitcases. The wife does not believe in drinking and does not want her girls to even see alcohol (they are 13 & 11), so the glass of wine or beer we like to have occasionally is banned-IN OUR HOUSE. Per the mother. Last year at the fireworks, I was not allowed to sit with them because I had a beer in my hand and they actually walked away from me and left me alone. It was my first beer and I'm not a juicer, so that is not the issue. The other thing is, they go to bed at 10pm and they all sleep in the living room. Yep, that means no TV for us, no computers, no nothing. My husband and I like to stay up until 12 or 1. So, on our free weekend, we go to bed at 10pm and read.

So, it was all taken care of, they were not coming this year-yeah! Well, the husband started calling my husband last week and bothering him about it and wanting to know if they could stay. My husband kept telling him NO. He was even calling him at work. Well, we came up here Thursday. All alone-wonderful! Low and behold, at 1130am, Friday morning, my husband got a phone call from the guy-we're coming just for a visit. We know how long it takes to get here from where they were staying. They were already on their way with the car packed when they called. They showed up at our door 40 minutes later. "We're just visiting for a little bit." I overheard one of their girls tell someone they were staying for the soup supper that night which started at 8pm. Too late for them to go all the way home as it's a 5hr drive. He again started pestering my husband about staying. Well, when someone shows up at your door with the car loaded and kids in tow, what do you do? You can't turn the kids away because the father is stupid. The mother wanted to go home. Better yet-they are fighting and not talking to each other!

So, last night we go to the soup supper and the girls got separated from their parents and they found us. We were walking them to their parents as we had tracked them down. The parents are coming down the street in the car and the oldest daughter runs out there and waves at her dad to stop him. He keeps driving slowly and I thought he was teasing her. She grabbed the door handle and opened the car door and he stopped. I heard him say to her-go with them. Shut the door. He drove off. What nerve!! Didn't ask us if it was ok or if we were doing anything or nothing. Just drove away. POS! I was beside myself I was SO angry. We took the kids and came up to the cabin. I went into the living room and started working on some genealogy on my computer. They came home and started getting ready for bed. I didn't move. I politely asked if they were going to bed and the mother said-No, no. It's ok, you can stay there. Good, cuz I had no intention of moving I thought. They in fact did go to bed and here I sat for about an hour, picking away on my computer.

After a good nights sleep, today was the actual festival. We go to it and I came back to the cabin early to chill-out as I had my fur up again. About 330pm, all of us go to the swimming pool. The kids are with their parents. We're in the pool about 30 minutes and the girls come to us. "Mom and dad are leaving and we are to stay with you." WHAT??? That sets me off again but I keep my mouth and temper in-check although I'm raging inside. After an hour of swimming and now we've been home 30 minutes. No parents. They called and they are at a friend's house and it's dinnertime and we still have the kids. Nice timing. The parents are still not talking too. Fun.

I keep telling myself-you can't be crappy to the kids because the parents are STUPID!!!

PS: the parents just called and they are staying for dinner at the friends house and not coming to get the kids. We have no groceries in the house and the store closed early because of the festival. I don't think it's up to us to take the kids out to a restaurant-do you?

Am I being selfish? My husband is not happy about this either.

K. McEuen
August 11th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I'd be tempted to contact the police and let them know that the parents abandoned their kids.

madampolo
August 11th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Wow. You need to feed the kids somehow. This weekend should end your friendship for good. They should never be allowed to step foot in your cabin or home again. In the meantime, don't let it ruin your time at the festival if it goes on for another day. Just think of it as the last time, forever. They are not friends. Karen, just saw your post. Good idea. Or, maybe you should take the kids over to their friend's house and tell them they are to go inside with their parents. in the meantime, pack up their things, and leave them on the lawn in front of your cabin.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 11th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Sponges, that is what they are. The nerve of some people. People like this don't get the message unless a ton of bricks fall on their heads. Unfortunately, they are using the kids to get you to let them stay. You might ask the adults to sleep in the car, but you wouldn't ask the kids to do that. I hope it doesn't ruin your festival trip, because it sounds like it should be fun and relaxing, but you are all mad inside, and feel imposed upon when you made it perfectly clear they were not welcome to stay with you months ago.

mommadeb
August 11th, 2012, 03:47 PM
We're going to dig through their coolers to see what they have. If all else fails, we have Cheerios and milk.

buckeyequilter
August 11th, 2012, 03:48 PM
If you know where the friends house is...take the kids and drop them off and leave. The lock the doors. I can't stand advantage takers.

mommadeb
August 11th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Sponges, that is what they are. The nerve of some people. People like this don't get the message unless a ton of bricks fall on their heads. Unfortunately, they are using the kids to get you to let them stay. You might ask the adults to sleep in the car, but you wouldn't ask the kids to do that. I hope it doesn't ruin your festival trip, because it sounds like it should be fun and relaxing, but you are all mad inside, and feel imposed upon when you made it perfectly clear they were not welcome to stay with you months ago.

Exactly! That's the word I was looking for-imposed upon. Am I wrong to feel so angry??

Sandy Navas
August 11th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Oh, Deb - if I were with you they would burn your husband's telephone number. Shortly after Al and I married we were living in So. California (close to his parents). One day this couple we had know in the army showed up. Al was going to college and working at night. He'd rush home from school, grab a bite to eat and rush out the door for work. This couple started dropping by the house every day about the time he was due - and you just can't let them sit on the porch while you have dinner. They NEVER said no. It sure wasn't as if we had enough money then to feed two adult mouths.

I find it hard to believe that people can be so CRASS! Idiots - not stupid - IDIOTS. Tell them they have overstayed their welcome by several days and they are no longer welcome at your place. THE END. If they show again I think Karen is right - call the police . . . child abandonment and harassment . . .

You have every right to be angry - FURIOUS for you, I am!!

Loonwatcher
August 11th, 2012, 04:09 PM
. Good idea. Or, maybe you should take the kids over to their friend's house and tell them they are to go inside with their parents. in the meantime, pack up their things, and leave them on the lawn in front of your cabin.

I totally agree with this suggestion and the one about no longer being friends. We have a small 2 bedroom camp so I know what it is like when guests are there. But yours weren't guests, they were imposers. You made it perfectly clear they were not welcome that weekend and yet they not only show up, they force you to babysit and they lie to you the whole time. Drop they kids off with all their stuff at the other friends' and see if they lose that friendship too. It's inexcusable.

mommadeb
August 11th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Oh, Deb - if I were with you they would burn your husband's telephone number. Shortly after Al and I married we were living in So. California (close to his parents). One day this couple we had know in the army showed up. Al was going to college and working at night. He'd rush home from school, grab a bite to eat and rush out the door for work. This couple started dropping by the house every day about the time he was due - and you just can't let them sit on the porch while you have dinner. They NEVER said no. It sure wasn't as if we had enough money then to feed two adult mouths.

I find it hard to believe that people can be so CRASS! Idiots - not stupid - IDIOTS. Tell them they have overstayed their welcome by several days and they are no longer welcome at your place. THE END. If they show again I think Karen is right - call the police . . . child abandonment and harassment . . .

You have every right to be angry - FURIOUS for you, I am!!

Problem is, people like this don't even give it another thought.

mommadeb
August 11th, 2012, 04:26 PM
The kids are fed. The oldest daughter and I dug through their cooler and found bread, cheese and ham. So the girls got grilled ham n cheese sandwiches. I fell better now that they are fed and full.

K. McEuen
August 11th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I saw people say that you should feed the kids somehow. I disagree, they are not your responsibility at all. They were dumped on you. It's nice you helped the girls find food in their coolers, but those two are old enough to find their own food. They aren't your kids, they aren't your responsibility.

Honestly, I'd tell the girls to start packing all the stuff the family brought and put it outside on the porch so they'd all be ready to leave when the parents showed back up.

auntiemern
August 11th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Oh I am so mad just reading this, I really need to calm down. I would take the kids to the friends if you know where they are a drop them off, and tell the parents you are done and no longer want them around. If you don't know how to find them, call them and tell them either come get your kids or you will turn them over to the police. I have absolutely no use for people like this, and would NOT tolerate them for a single minute. I know it isn't fair to the kids, but it is also not your responsibility. Get rid of them and try to enjoy what is left of your trip.

csarina
August 11th, 2012, 05:41 PM
OMG the brass neck of some people, I am with the others pack their stuff up and put it out on the porch, hand the kids over to the police and change the locks on the cabin. Its not your place to look after someone elses kids, you did not ask them to come. I am afraid I would not have let them in...let alone fed them. Trouble is some people are so thick skinned they cannot take a hint. I am spittin' feathers for you.:icon_angry::icon_angry:

You could always charge them for B & B and for looking after their kids......they are not stupid they are manipulative and they sure have manipulated you and your husband. I am afraid if it was me I would fall out with them big time and tell them to sling their hook back to where they came from and not to expect to use the cabin again. They have spoilt what was to have been a quiet time for :icon_shake:w dare they........

Donna F
August 11th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I'm with Karen, pack them up and when they arrive, tell them to go and that your place is off limits forever. I can't believe some people!! I would also let them know that you don't appreciate them making you babysit on your weekend. So what if they are no longer your friends, cause with friends like those who needs enemies!! They need to grow up. For all you know they are at the other friends drinking it up. Enough!! Tell them to go and let them take your anger with them. Please try to enjoy what you have left of your weekend.

MRoy
August 11th, 2012, 06:37 PM
You have every right to be madder'n heck. If you can, take the kids to the parents and put their things outside for them to pick up. If you can't do that, I agree that you should pack their things, put them on the porch and have the kids ready to leave immediately when they return. DO NOT let them back in the house EVER.

BellasQuilts
August 11th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Wow, that's incredible. I would take the kids over there and drop them off and say "this doesn't work for me now or in the future". Then leave and don't answer their calls ever again. You can't explain it to people like this. They are taking advantage of your good nature and certainly do not qualify as friends in any way shape or form. Drop the kids off and see what you can salvage of your weekend.

rebeccas-sewing
August 11th, 2012, 07:53 PM
All I have to say, other than I'm shocked and flabbergasted, is that I want to hear how this story ends. I really don't like it when people try to take advantage of me, and really don't like being put in the position of having to confront the situation. I feel for you, Deb. You have every right to be totally and completely furious with these people. It's amazing the nerve some people have. Please, don't let this happen again. Your time there has been ruined by some extremely self-centered individuals. If it were me, I wouldn't confront them in front of the children. I'd write them a letter stating exactly how I feel. I'd tell them under no circumstances are they to ever contact you again. You have no interest in having a relationship of any kind with them.

Jess1377
August 11th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Wow ~ no appropriate words come to mind, however I do like the idea of packing their crap up, leaving it out on the porch and then track down your "friends" friends, bring the girls there and tell them to pick up their crap or it will be in the trash. That behavior is absolutely wretched... just wow.

Divine Daisy
August 11th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I'm with Rebecca. I would write them a letter, maybe pack it in their bags. I really feel for these kids, no they are not your responcibility but they are still children, old enough to be aware of whats going on and that you are feeling angry and stuck with them. I would not add to their distress by dropping them at the police or these other friends. I am sure they are sad and confused enough.

I would however sever all contact with these people once they have their children back. Never again.

New York Sue
August 11th, 2012, 09:05 PM
JAYZEE. I can't believe this. But then again, Ican.
How old are the parents? Just curious...
I agree with the consensus. Drop the kids at the location of the parents, BUT with their stuff, if you can. 'Never want to see you again' scenerio. Be firm.
Clearly, these are people that you don't need in your life.
I've read 'Dear Abby' for years. I'm reminded of her mantra, 'Are you better with him (them), or without him (them)?
I think we all know the answer to that....

Genny
August 11th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I've set here for 5 minutes now reading and re-reading your post and I'm just speechless, I'm trying to find the words to say how I feel about this and I'm not sure how to say them. I guess if this vacation??? ever ends so would all communication with these "so called friends"...there would be no more telephone calls taken from them( there is id caller now), and I would change my vacation times to the cabin. Seeing them on the street I would never acknowledge that they even exist, no "hellos or goodbyes", nothing. I would "never ever" put up with them or anyone else again putting you family thru this. I can only imagine what my husband would have done or said by now and believe me it wouldn't have been nice. If they ever come to get their kids I'd have all their stuff ready for them and they would leave immediately or the police would be called. I know this sounds harsh but until you and your husband end this it will keep happening because these "friends" seem to be the worst kind of "users" and have apparently decided thay you and your husband "owe it to them to let them stay with and take advantage of you"...

Guess I found the words I wanted to say...

Donna F
August 11th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I am really wondering how its going right now.? I wonder if they have shown back up? I cannot let this go. It really bothers me that someone has done this to you guys. You are not wrong to feel the way you do. I would certainly let them know that you prefer to hang out with friends from now on that have no children for you to babysit, and knows how to respect you. Yea, respect. That's the word of the day. They disrespected you both AND their children!!

HandsOffItsMine
August 11th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Mind blowing. Especially the part of the little girl running next to the car. Those parents are sick!

Ginny B
August 12th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Oh my gosh - I've been reading this thread and it's unbelievable how people behave sometimes. I feel bad for their daughters. Please let us know how this all ended. It still flabbergasts me how nervy some people can be. I'm so sorry your weekend got so messed up. I hope somehow you were able to salvage some of it.

Ginny B

Madeforyouinma11
August 12th, 2012, 02:48 AM
OMG! I am lost for words...I cannot believe that they did/are doing this to you. I definitely agree with everyone here, DO NOT let them sleep there tonight..of course that is saying that they will be back. Please let us know how this turns out and hopefully they will be gone so you can at least enjoy tomorrow alone.
I just can't believe the nerve of some people!

Musical_Starling
August 12th, 2012, 03:18 AM
As hubs likes to say, "They're too stupid to live". What nerve! With friends like them, who needs enemies? I hope you have it all cleared up by now, and if not then VERY soon!

lilmouse
August 12th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Please let us know how this ended....I am beyond words and everyone else has said about all that can be said...you have every reason to be angry!

Lisaau
August 12th, 2012, 05:15 AM
If it was me l'd pack all their belongings up as well as the kids and drive them to the friends palce knock on the door and dump everything on the front door step and drive away. I cant have kids and l get really angry at how some people treat theirs ..they're lucky l'm not around because they would know it.

Winniesfriend
August 12th, 2012, 06:19 AM
OMG I cant fathom how any one could do this ....Im with most every one else pack their things up and dont let them in when they return no matter what time.

Slokarma
August 12th, 2012, 11:29 AM
What happened?

I read this last night before bed and wondered what happened next.

I'm really not sure what I would have done, but at the very least I would sure help them load up when they return....I'd be tossing their stuff out the front door as fast as I could throw it out the door! BUT on the other hand, there's their girls.....O geeze!

Wonder if they use other "friends" in the same manner!

csarina
August 12th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I guess if they do it to one lot of 'friends they do it to all of them that are daft enough to let them after the first time!!

Come on, we want to know what happened.

paulettepoe
August 12th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Well, I would do the best I could this year. But I would write a letter, mailed with return receipt, and tell them there will be no more visits to the cabin do to the behavior of this year. Be sorry that this has happened to the friendship, but the cabin will be private from now on.

rebeccas-sewing
August 12th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Geez Louise! Did they duke it out and Deb lost? Where is she? I want to know the outcome of this Iceland drama!

BellasQuilts
August 12th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Wonder if they duked it out at the end of the Fish Festival? Can't wait to hear what happened!

bobw103
August 12th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Not only do I feel badly for you but my heart breaks for those kids. I just imagine them feeling unwanted by their parents...I have steam coming out of my ears dam- them. I hope it all ended as well as it could and that you are all OK.

janluna
August 12th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I'm with Bobbi, I feel so sorry for the kids. With parents like that it makes you wonder how they will turn out. They must feel hurt that they are not wanted by "Mom" and"Dad", not that they have the right to the honer of those names! I hope things worked out ok. I'm praying for you and the kids. Hugs, Jan L.

Jilli
August 12th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I don't know which is worse. That these "adults" are that selfish/self-centered. Or if they have fell on really bad times. Maybe they don't have a home anymore? I realize that they are probably just selfish. But what if?

Musical_Starling
August 12th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Did she make them "swim with the fishes" at the fish festival and now she's in jail? lol We're all waiting with baited breath (no pun intended) to hear what happened!

mommadeb
August 13th, 2012, 09:55 AM
If you know where the friends house is...take the kids and drop them off and leave. The lock the doors. I can't stand advantage takers.

Not exactly sure where it is.

mommadeb
August 13th, 2012, 09:59 AM
OMG the brass neck of some people, I am with the others pack their stuff up and put it out on the porch, hand the kids over to the police and change the locks on the cabin. Its not your place to look after someone elses kids, you did not ask them to come. I am afraid I would not have let them in...let alone fed them. Trouble is some people are so thick skinned they cannot take a hint. I am spittin' feathers for you.:icon_angry::icon_angry:

You could always charge them for B & B and for looking after their kids......they are not stupid they are manipulative and they sure have manipulated you and your husband. I am afraid if it was me I would fall out with them big time and tell them to sling their hook back to where they came from and not to expect to use the cabin again. They have spoilt what was to have been a quiet time for :icon_shake:w dare they........

Ya, it pretty much ruined the "private" weekend my husband and I wanted. The mood was gone. :(

mommadeb
August 13th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I've set here for 5 minutes now reading and re-reading your post and I'm just speechless, I'm trying to find the words to say how I feel about this and I'm not sure how to say them. I guess if this vacation??? ever ends so would all communication with these "so called friends"...there would be no more telephone calls taken from them( there is id caller now), and I would change my vacation times to the cabin. Seeing them on the street I would never acknowledge that they even exist, no "hellos or goodbyes", nothing. I would "never ever" put up with them or anyone else again putting you family thru this. I can only imagine what my husband would have done or said by now and believe me it wouldn't have been nice. If they ever come to get their kids I'd have all their stuff ready for them and they would leave immediately or the police would be called. I know this sounds harsh but until you and your husband end this it will keep happening because these "friends" seem to be the worst kind of "users" and have apparently decided thay you and your husband "owe it to them to let them stay with and take advantage of you"...

Guess I found the words I wanted to say...

Exactly my sentiments. Unfortunately, our vacation time at OUR cabin is the same every year as it's a town festival. I told my husband I will no longer go to their house for any reason-EVER. The parents are 52 & 50. Old enough to know better. I am completely done with them. My husband and them have been friends for years upon years and I am the new addition. They need to respect that. I don't consider them friends really, just acquaintances. No loss for me. My husband is still quite irritated about the whole thing.

mommadeb
August 13th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I don't know which is worse. That these "adults" are that selfish/self-centered. Or if they have fell on really bad times. Maybe they don't have a home anymore? I realize that they are probably just selfish. But what if?

They own their home and work. They are not hurting for money. They are always well dressed, etc...

Sandy Navas
August 13th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Okay, Deb, but did they get the girls and their things? Has anything been said to them about how obnoxious they truly are? Inquiring minds want to know . . . in other words, we are all nosy.

Donna F
August 13th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Den, what happened when they came back for their kids?

mommadeb
August 13th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Well, well, well. After a couple hours the parents showed up all happy and such. Guess what??? They brought my husband and I and their kids each a prepackaged cold meat sandwich and a coke. How thoughtful (with a sneer and touch of sarcasam). I told the father that I had fed the kids and he said thanks, but the mother was not happy of what I had fed them-can I say "tough Fking poop here"? My husband also had overheard the parents making the comment "they don't have any food here in the house". SO WHAT!!! We were at a seafood buffet festival-who needs to buy food??? Good grief!

Here is how it ended: My husband and I slept in Sunday morning until about 10. When we awoke, the people were driving away. I had made my mind up during the night that I was going to tell them that they had to leave. I have no friendship to lose here. We went into the living room and they had completely packed up and were gone. YA!!!!! They did leave us a "touching" note though.

Note: "Thank you for your kindness for letting us stay. Give Berg and family our regards. Bless, Smari and family. Have a good time in Myvatn." My husband read it and threw it in the fireplace. Said we had garbage to burn. Now my husband needed to charge his phone. BOTH cell chargers are gone. They are not even ours-they belong to his uncle. The weekend was a bust, but we got through it. We went up to the lake yesterday and saw all the grandkids and had a cookout and all. So we did have a good end to a crappy weekend. We'll have to rekindle things when we get home later today :icon_razz:

Thanks for all your support. Unfortunately, calling the police wasn't an option as we would have just been told the kids know you and are ok and safe. The parents will show up. Like I said before-you can't punish the kids because of the parents stupidity. I really appreciate all the feedback. It really helped me to be able to vent and it helped get me through the weekend. Wish us luck now-we have a 5 hour drive home in the mountains in fog. We have to go because of work. I'll let you all know when we've arrived safe and sound.

Thanks again. You ALL are the best advice column in the world!!!

rebeccas-sewing
August 13th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the story's end. We've all been wondering how it played out. Save journey home!

buckeyequilter
August 13th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I'm glad the week-end ended nicely for you but it's too bad the beginning had to be spoiled. Have a safe trip home.

LynneLeavell
August 13th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Deb - I'm beyond words. I got so mad just reading your post. I'm like everyone else, take the kids and there stuff to the other friends house and leave. When or if they call and it sounds like they will because they are CLUELESS!!!!! Telll them they have burned that bridge and are no longer welcome. All I'm going to say is that I am so sorry for you and husband to be put in that position. Good Luck.

CrazyMtnLady
August 13th, 2012, 04:22 PM
So sorry these idiots have ruined your time together. I would explain to the parents when they returned that: They were informed they were NOT to stay there this time, that you wanted to have alone time. You are not their children's care-givers and that they OWE you $$ for babysitting during the evening. If they have keys to the cabin, tell them they will no longer work because you will be having the locks changed and they will not be getting a new key.
Good luck.

Jess1377
August 13th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Oh boy, thanks for the info about how it all ended. I will be curious to their next oblivious attempt to somehow mooch off of either you or your husband, though hopefully that dosnt happen! I hope you and your DH has another opportunity to have a quiet weekend together soon.

mommadeb
August 13th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Okay, Deb, but did they get the girls and their things? Has anything been said to them about how obnoxious they truly are? Inquiring minds want to know . . . in other words, we are all nosy.

They took all their stuff and they managed to remember the kids. No further contact with them at this point.

mommadeb
August 13th, 2012, 07:08 PM
So sorry these idiots have ruined your time together. I would explain to the parents when they returned that: They were informed they were NOT to stay there this time, that you wanted to have alone time. You are not their children's care-givers and that they OWE you $$ for babysitting during the evening. If they have keys to the cabin, tell them they will no longer work because you will be having the locks changed and they will not be getting a new key.
Good luck.

They do not have keys to the house and they will be notified that next year they WILL NOT be welcomed there. That is for sure.

GrammaBabs
August 13th, 2012, 07:09 PM
A call to the police,,, but wow,,, how can they put their kids in that situation.... and how can they live with themselves... I would take NO calls from them ever , after telling them in no uncertain terms,, they have earned the total disengagement over the past few episodes... find someone else to pester... Shame on them..........

mommadeb
August 13th, 2012, 07:09 PM
We made it home safe and sound. Time to "light the fire". Thanks to everyone!

Bneighbor
August 13th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Next year, you and your husband have a wonderful, quiet , romantic weekend. Send them a letter, informing them that they will no longer be welcome, and in fact, the police will be notified that they are stalkers and child abusers. If they show up, call the police. End it now. Then you have the whole year to plan your trip.

madampolo
August 13th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I am glad you made it home safely in the foggy mountains. You are much more charitable that I would have been. I would have had their bags outside and the kids waiting up with you for when they arrived. They wouldn't have spent the last night there at all. At one time I was nicer than I have become in my old age.

janluna
August 13th, 2012, 09:30 PM
They took your chargers!?! That was awful!!!!! For sure, I would never be in their presence again! I guess it wasn't enough for you to be a free hotel keeper, and child care person. What gall! I'm so sorry that this happened to you. When you write them and tell them not to come back, add a bill for all your services, including a bill for the chargers. You won't get anything but the knowledge that they know, you know, they took your property. If you do, they won't bother you next year. They will be afraid to. So sorry you had to experience this.
Hugs, Jan L.

beadywoman
August 13th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Unfortunately, Deb, nothing really fazes people like that. I couldn't tell you how many times I've stayed at ball practice, etc. with kids whose parents had dropped them off and then didn't come back on time. When they finally do arrive, the kids run jump in the car and the parents whiz off without so much as a by-your-leave, no thanks, no nothing, even though usually I've sat there for at least an hour. But you are right, you can't blame the kids. Hopefully you will get to have a vacation with your husband soon with no irritating unexpected guests.

BellasQuilts
August 13th, 2012, 10:31 PM
So glad you made it home safe and they remembered their kids. Nice of them to leave without a word, crappy note. Best to send a letter and tell them you don't need any contact from them ever again. Keep it simple; they won't get it anyway. Then let it go. Just hang out here with us. We're more fun anyways, aren't we?

mommadeb
August 14th, 2012, 06:57 PM
So glad you made it home safe and they remembered their kids. Nice of them to leave without a word, crappy note. Best to send a letter and tell them you don't need any contact from them ever again. Keep it simple; they won't get it anyway. Then let it go. Just hang out here with us. We're more fun anyways, aren't we?

Much more fun here!!!