PDA

View Full Version : Great Grandma

csarina
August 11th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I have just heard that I became a great Grandmother yesterday, an unexpected birthday present. A little boy to be called Noah. No more details as yet. Think DS1 was in a bit of a funk at becoming a grandad!!

Sandy Navas
August 11th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Well now, CONGRATULATIONS, Great Grandma! Hope that baby is close enough for you to get some hugs in!

ncgrammie
August 11th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Congratulations! How exciting and wonderful. I hope you live close enough to see him. I wanted to name one of my sons Noah. Our last name was Dickens and my husband said, “Noah Dickens. Sure I Noah Dickens...I Noah lot of Dickens!” LOL...I couldn’t do it after that. Still love the name though. Lots of hugs for the little one. I’m so happy for you.

bobw103
August 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Congrats Great Granny. Enjoy the newest addition.

EsGrandma
August 11th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Great-grandma - wow, how special! Love the name Noah!

BellasQuilts
August 11th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Love the name! Hope you are close to see him and DS will get over it. Once you lay eyes on them, you're theirs!

sewbizzy
August 11th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Congratualtions...babies are the most precious blessings!!!

buckeyequilter
August 11th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Congratulations!

HandsOffItsMine
August 11th, 2012, 12:17 PM
How wonderful, congrats!

madampolo
August 11th, 2012, 12:21 PM
What a joyful time for the family! Welcome to the world, Noah!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 11th, 2012, 12:27 PM
It's great to be part of that generation. You really get to spoil the baby and have NO babysitting duties expected of you! My great granddaughter will be 3 next month. Time sure does fly! My daughter, a hip 40 something, was really hit hard by the idea of being called Grandma! This is her stepson's child, so she really was unprepared for the title!

Madeforyouinma11
August 11th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Congratulations! and Happy Birthday!

SuzyQue
August 11th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Congratulations! I am still working on that first grand! I will never make it to your status! Enjoy!

lilmouse
August 11th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Congratulations and enjoy being great grandma!

Divine Daisy
August 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
congratulations! wow, a great granny!

brook
August 11th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Congratulations! When will you get the chance to meet him? Hopefully soon. : )

auntiemern
August 11th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Congrats on the new addition. Will be having a new step great grandson in September.

Monique
August 11th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Congratulations.

Genny
August 11th, 2012, 10:52 PM
I have just heard that I became a great Grandmother yesterday, an unexpected birthday present. A little boy to be called Noah. No more details as yet. Think DS1 was in a bit of a funk at becoming a grandad!!

Hey..."Congrats Great Grandma"...what wonderful news!!!

paulettepoe
August 12th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Congratulations, GG. My sister became a GG, sweetest little girl on earth. Emmalee. I told my sister, well you're a Great Grandmother....BIG DEAL, that makes me a GREAT GREAT aunt, so I have more seniority. LOL.
Kiss that baby all you can. Fun part of life.

MayinJerset
August 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Welcome to Noah and Congrats to you for joining the Great Grandma Club. My Great Grandson Jack was 1 year old 2 weeks ago. Hope we get to see some photos of Noah. It's wonderful having the family grow so big. May in Jersey26247

csarina
August 12th, 2012, 05:43 PM
The only photo I have of Noah is in bitmap format, anyone know how to convert it to JPEG so I can put it up for you to see.:D

It will be some time before we get to see him, they live down in England and we are up in Scotland. I will have to rely on 'tinternet for now.:(

K. McEuen
August 12th, 2012, 05:51 PM
The only photo I have of Noah is in bitmap format, anyone know how to convert it to JPEG so I can put it up for you to see.:D

It will be some time before we get to see him, they live down in England and we are up in Scotland. I will have to rely on 'tinternet for now.:(

You can save it as a JPG in Paint. Just open the photo in Paint and go to Save As, rename the file and in the bottom drop down box choose JPG instead of Bitmap.

rebeccas-sewing
August 12th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Congratulations, Csarina! That's pretty exciting news! One of my nephews in named Noah!

csarina
August 13th, 2012, 07:08 AM

Thank you for the instructions, here is Noah at about 3 hours old. Have to confess he looks like his grandpa, same conk, his wife called his nose concord, because it dipped at the end!!

Bubby
August 13th, 2012, 09:15 AM
This is fantastic, Anne! I take it Noah was born on your birthday....double congratulations are in order!!!!