PDA

View Full Version : I just love Saturdays!!

RFREE
August 11th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Good morning all my quilting buddies! What am I doing up this early??? Not a clue.I was so hoping to get to sleep in a little since I went back to work last week. I had a pretty good first week for the most part. I am the only nurse this year in our class of 12 severely handicapped high school students. Really keeps me hopping so the time flies.I like it busy.Last years nurse just didn't work out.She was more concerned about her hair and nails than our kids.And was actually embarrassed to be seen out in public with them.Really?? Are you kidding me!Some people.I swear!!
Although I don't comment on everyone's posts like I should rest assured I am praying for those who need it,laughing and even crying for some too.I have been an emotional wreck lately.A lot going on in my family right now.I have had 2 sisters reconnect after a falling out 8 years ago,Have spoke to another sister whom I ran off over 25 years ago(drugs) need I say more and actually met her daughter whom I hadn't seen since she was 2 months old;she is now 35 with 2 kids of her own. My DD will turn 14 this Sunday and for that reason I am tore up too! I miss my mom and bla bla bla just an emotional wreck. SOOOOOOO unlike me.Anyway I will be posting pictures of Brandons quilts soon. I ended up with 3 pillows also.Late blocks ya know.Maybe this will cheer me up. I can't wait to see his face. And yes I will have a camera ready.
Thanks for letting me vent. I am so proud to have all of you in my life.Hugs and prayers to all who need them.
Rhonda

Blondie
August 11th, 2012, 05:33 AM

Happy Saturday Rhonda and everyone!

Rhonda, I couldn't sleep either. Don't know why. Lately I have been able to sleep like a rock and want to sleep all the time. My inner alarm went off at 2:30. I have been up cleaning the kitchen a bit, wrapping baby shower presents and just decided to sit down here and perhaps play a game or two on facebook to help me go back to sleep. No such luck. Now hubby's awake, coffee is on and sigh, I know this afternoon I will be too pooped to pop! You have much more reason to be awake than me. Sounds like a lot of healing going on there. School officially starts here on Monday. Do you think the school will be looking for some extra help this year for you? That is a high ratio? You have a heart as big as all outdoors and the commitment it takes to help the kids and their families. Thanking the Lord for you!

Well, since coffee is brewed and I have some leftover cake, I guess you can tell what I will be munching on. I can look at it as a midnite snack or a power breakfast. You know the old Cosby routine - cake has milk, egg, flour - Dad is great, give us the chocolate cake - oh, yeah, love me some Cosby.

Have a good Saturday everyone.

rebeccas-sewing
August 11th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Rhonda, my goodness, sounds like there's lots of drama in your family. How many siblings do you have? It's sad when families lose contact with one another. One of my cousins just passed away with esophageal cancer. I don't know if they ever found his brother to tell him. It's just so weird to me to think siblings are that far removed not to know when one or the other has died. We have no idea why they were so estranged from one another. I guess we'll never know. When we asked, all my cousin said was that his brother was in his own world. Somehow I think there must be more to it than that. Cheer up, Rhonda. Try to focus on the good things in life.

I, on the other hand, went to bed at midnight and didn't get my lazy arse out of bed until 10:00 a.m.!!! I had to up my skin allergy meds and they make me super tired until I get adjusted. It'll be a listless day for me today.

I'm diligently working on my "Secret Buddy" gift. It's so cute. I hope my buddy likes what I'm making.

RFREE
August 11th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Rhonda, my goodness, sounds like there's lots of drama in your family. How many siblings do you have? It's sad when families lose contact with one another. One of my cousins just passed away with esophageal cancer. I don't know if they ever found his brother to tell him. It's just so weird to me to think siblings are that far removed not to know when one or the other has died. We have no idea why they were so estranged from one another. I guess we'll never know. When we asked, all my cousin said was that his brother was in his own world. Somehow I think there must be more to it than that. Cheer up, Rhonda. Try to focus on the good things in life.

I, on the other hand, went to bed at midnight and didn't get my lazy arse out of bed until 10:00 a.m.!!! I had to up my skin allergy meds and they make me super tired until I get adjusted. It'll be a listless day for me today.

I'm diligently working on my "Secret Buddy" gift. It's so cute. I hope my buddy likes what I'm making.

There are 9 of us that grew up together. A yours, mine and ours kinda deal.It's funny you mentioned your cousin dying because that is why all of this has happened. We recently had a cousin(51) pass away and the funeral of course brings people together and makes people think about alot of things that they normally wouldn't have thought about.The one sister (25 years ago I ran off) has always lived just 15 miles from me and I am not sure if she is clean of drugs or not but I am talking/texting her as of now.Her daughter was taken away from her at 2 months old and was raised by her maternal grand parents. She is an amazing woman who's number one priority in life is to take care of her kids. She is nothing like her mother. Thank god for that.As it turns out she has livied just 4 miles from me all these years. I was shocked when I heard this.Small world I tell ya.
I have always heard when you lose your mother that things kinda fall apart and I have found that to be true. For the most part several of us have stayed close and get together now and then but we have a couple of stragglers who have chosen the "wrong road" in life.I am hoping it will all turn out for the good.
Thank you for your post.

RFREE
August 11th, 2012, 07:29 AM

Happy Saturday Rhonda and everyone!

Rhonda, I couldn't sleep either. Don't know why. Lately I have been able to sleep like a rock and want to sleep all the time. My inner alarm went off at 2:30. I have been up cleaning the kitchen a bit, wrapping baby shower presents and just decided to sit down here and perhaps play a game or two on facebook to help me go back to sleep. No such luck. Now hubby's awake, coffee is on and sigh, I know this afternoon I will be too pooped to pop! You have much more reason to be awake than me. Sounds like a lot of healing going on there. School officially starts here on Monday. Do you think the school will be looking for some extra help this year for you? That is a high ratio? You have a heart as big as all outdoors and the commitment it takes to help the kids and their families. Thanking the Lord for you!

Well, since coffee is brewed and I have some leftover cake, I guess you can tell what I will be munching on. I can look at it as a midnite snack or a power breakfast. You know the old Cosby routine - cake has milk, egg, flour - Dad is great, give us the chocolate cake - oh, yeah, love me some Cosby.

Have a good Saturday everyone.

No extra help but if it gets to bad I can ask for some. I think I would rather be alone as to take a chance I would go through what I went through last school year.
Have a great day Blondie.

Monique
August 11th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Good morning early birds. I am sorry I have been MIA. This week, work started at 8 am. Not a whole lot of time in the morning to dally. Today I start at 9 and finish at 12. I also work Monday and Tuesday at a different post office. A lot of customers were surprised and welcomed me with open arms. I had one lady tell me that it is nice to see a smiling face. I know a lot of these people so it makes it more personal. I like to treat people the way I would like to be treated. And I always finish with "You have yourself a great day".

On an even greater note, I HAVE THE GRANDCHILDREN VISITING this weekend. Maizyn was so excited to see me, she was just vibrating. Oh the hugs alone. Makes my heart melt. It was a rather late night, so they are all still sleeping. Poppa gets to babysit while I go to work. They are staying until Monday. Poppa gets to babysit AGAIN!! I don't think he minds.

We are invited to supper tonight. A gathering of a small group of friends before the wedding. Our good friends are getting married Aug 20th. I am the matron of honor. This is both their second weddings so the ceremony is very small. My daughter-in-law has made the bouquet of paper flowers. I will take pics for you all to see. She is very good at what she does and has orders from all over. Her flowers were even on TV.

We have been blessed with some much needed rain these last couple of days. More on the way today and tomorrow. I won't complain. I never did catch that mouse. Maybe he had a snack of the poison I left for him.

I have lots of catching up to do. Prayers going out to those who need them.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. I love you all.

dizzyLiz
August 11th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Morning Ladies,

A full weekend planned here. DH is finally having a weekend off, we are going on a treasure hunt today to find something to repurpose into a entertainment center. Then we shall go to a benefit for a local fellow who has been ill. My DD has moved and is 5 minutes from us now !!! She and I love this LOL. This was totally her decision..........she missed us too much when she lived 45 minutes away. I will also look for treasures for her as she doesn't have much furniture. Smile.....to be young just starting out......brings back many good memories. I may cook or get take out and take to Dad's....he needs a visit i think. Sunday, DD will play golf and I will clean up a bit and cook...........then the afternoon.......quilting or a movie......I really want to see Hope Springs.... decisions decisions.

Have a wonderful weekend all.......Love, laughter and hugs to all

dizzyLiz

Sandy Navas
August 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Good Morning, everyone! I am feeling the pain of Rhonda's emotional week for her - hoping I can lift some of the feelings off her for a while. Distance wise my brother, sister and I have been apart - but since Mom has been in the nursing home we've all been close by and it has made such a difference. We have never been estranged though and I don't know how I'd respond to that.

Hopefully with the kids home for the weekend and not here making messes and noise I'll be able to get something exciting done. Having problems with my sewing machine that I need to work on first and foremost.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend, and I hope you get the rest, activities, and leisure time that you need.

DCM
August 11th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I started my day with a trip to the DMV to renew my license and car tags. They are efficient but jeez, would it kill them to attempt to smile? Next job of the day is to get a haircut/color and I hope to get some quilting done today. I made a table runner a few years ago for a friend and have now been asked to make placemats -- at least 10 -- and they're willing to pay for them. I'm going to make them but save them for their Christmas present -- one less gift to think about now :) Have a great day!

Bubby
August 11th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

My computer is giving me fits! We decided not to go to Cuba today and go to Rolla instead to buy DH new work boots and look for a new storm door. We want to leave Molly at home, but she's not having any of that nonsense! Scotties can cry so pitiful and she knows how to turn it off and on as needed! DH always gives in to her. The two of us have him whipped!!!

Rhonda, good to hear from you but sorry to hear there is so much drama around you right now. I think every family has something like this going on to one degree or another. It will all smooth out for you. Wish your DD a happy birthay from all of us.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. It's considerably ccoler here, but still no rain. Our garden tomatoes are at the end until fall. They did remarkably well considering the extrem eheat we had for two months without a break.

We're ready to leave, so enjoy your weekend and I'll pop in later. Hugs, Barb

buckeyequilter
August 11th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Good morning.....

I slept in today (until 7:30). I had to go in town - left at 8:30 and managed to go to 3 stores and got what I needed and stopped at the post office and was home at around 10...it takes about 20 minutes to drive each way. I must have been moving quicker than what I thought - or maybe it's because I am the one that did the driving.

Getting ready to do some laundry and then I think I'll work on Mom's quilt. This afternoon I'm going to go visit with mom and then back home and maybe get some more sewing time in. That's about it for me today.

Have a wonderful day everyone - prayers and hugs to all.

BellasQuilts
August 11th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Good morning. Rhonda, sending you a big hug. Selling my car today, whoo hoo! So glad. I took real good care of it and the guy buying sounds like he will do the same. That's nice. DD bringing DGS over. He's three weeks old. Tears me up I can't be retired and see him every day. So excited I get to hug on him. I'm going to build a Yoga Room in the backyard for him. Been reading about "Mindful Education" lately. Today kids are so overwhelmed with input they don't know how to sit still and just be by themselves or wonder or look at bugs in the grass, or see shapes in the clouds. So, grandma is going to learn yoga and teach him. So glad he will grow up on a ranch and not be a kid who is "plugged in" all the time. DH is redoing our backyard. Tearing out the horse paddock since Bella is gone and we are putting in some landscaping. It's been just dirt, so high time. I asked that he add a space for my yoga room. Dogs are going to have their own Doga House too. We took two children's playhouses and he is going to join them. Then they will have their own nice and dry spot in the winter. Hugs to all and prayers for them as need them.

lilmouse
August 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone.....not too much going on here...quiet as always....work in a couple of hours...my last easy day...only 6 hours today and tomorrow it's 8 hours and on Monday it is 9...then I am off for a month due to surgery on Wednesday...will be glad to have that behind me! My doc wrote that on her notes when I saw her last week...she is so funny! I am currently working on box pouches for one of my coworkers....she wants them for her kids for school..(to hold pencils, glue and such)....should be able to finish them when I get off of this computer...Rhonda...keeping you in thought and prayer...family is hard....out of 8 sisters and brothers I am only close to one....so painful...but what can you do....proud of your attitude with the handicapped kids...I love waiting on them when they come into the restaurant and they know it too......love to all, hugs and prayers

auntiemern
August 11th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Can certainly understand your pain Rhonda. There were a lot of bad feelings when my mom passed, for various reasons. Have been estranged from 2 sisters since then. Out of my control, so I don't stress over it. Got enough other stuff to stress over. Going to be great week end for me. Off from the kids for a few days, which I really need. Going to get that cake baked today, and try to get in some quilt making. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need. (((FORUM)))

HandsOffItsMine
August 11th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Sorry you're going through so much Rhonda. Prayers for you, and healing light coming your way from the Island.

I always wanted lots of siblings as I was an only child. :( Yet sometimes when I read about the heartaches that big families go through, oy vey! Maybe better, me, myself and I...

Just came back from Costco, some produce and baked goods come in such big quantities but still cheaper than the grocery or Walmart. Just split it up and gave the extras to the young couple two doors down. They are both teachers from PA that moved here around the same time as us, in their mid-20s. Better to give it now than to let it spoil in the fridge.

Now time for lunch and then some sewing on a quilt if my eyes stay open. Don't know what's going on but I can't sleep at night. Someone is keeping me up at night...Sandy is it YOU? lol Or Blondie? Or Barb? I don't know but someone on this Forum is sending me fibes!

Prayers for those in need, huggers for all! Ruby

Lonna
August 11th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Rhonda prayers for you and your family. So far my weekend has been very laid back worked until noon. We had an auction today which is the only reason that I went in. Once I got home DH fed me some lunch made me take some cold medic and then put me to bed. Slept most of the afternoon away. Hope to get rid of this sore throat this weekend. I can't afford to be sick and miss any work becase of me. I miss enough with DH. Well take care my friends I think I am going to slip into my sewing room for a bit.

Jess1377
August 11th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Woke up early today to go to a memorial run for a friend of my DH who was killed in Iraq. When we were living in Washington, we were blessed to stay there for over 6 years (that dosnt happen in the army often) but Ft.Lewis is a high deployment station too and my DH was deployed twice. Both times he lost friends, but the last deployment that he was in Iraq was in 2010-2011. If you recall in the summer of 2010, August 21st, was the official end of combat operations. Then on the 22nd our friend (of course mostly my husbands friend) Sgt Brandon Maggart was killed when an incoming mortar landed on his living quarters. So this memorial run was really neat because it was also in conjunction with a memorial run back in Washington. Here at Ft Sill, it is Air Defense Artillery headquarters and there was a permanent stone in his memory laid in his honor at the foot of the ADA's headquarters statue. There were a few other soldiers we remembered as well. It feels good when the battalion commander and other officers in the old unit were instrumental in organizing this. It shows, in my opinion, how the bonds of brotherhood does not get obstructed by rank, well for the most part. I feel so very very greatful that my DH made it through his deployments and without ptsd. There have been quite a few of his friends / co-workers who have been damaged physically and mentally... I know I am blessed, DH is blessed, my family is blessed with the way it turned out. Days like today reminds me how lucky I am. I may not like where we are at right now in Oklahoma, but for the time being, we dont expect him to be deployed again and that makes the station we are at 1000 times more tolerable. Thanks for letting me get this out! BIG hugs and prayers for all who need it, I love to keep you all in my mind and prayers! :)

quiltingtrish
August 11th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Prayers coming Rhonda for your family troubles and hopefully they will see you need help at work and send you the perfect person.

I didn't sleep well last night either. I dreamt that I was doing my quilting day at the church which was today, so today - I had to do it all over again. One good thing, if I made mistakes in my sleep, I sure didn't make them today which is a good thing cause mostly what I did was cut all my Cathedral Windows background squares (148 of those) and the windows (120) of those. Katie said she wants a cream background for the king size one we will do, so I need to keep my eye for good buys on that.

Off to Dad's tomorrow after church. It's supposed to be a nice day, like 82'ish, good for mowing and gardening.

Hope you all have a good evening.
Hugs,