PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed

phoots
August 11th, 2012, 02:36 AM
My Mom sent me an email today. She's had an ulcer forever, it seems like. For the last 6 months her ulcer has been acting up plus she's had stomach problems. She finally went to the doctor who ordered xrays. The xrays show that she has gall stones and will need to have her gall bladder removed on October 4th. He also put a scope into her stomache and ended up removing 3 polyps. She also has a hiatal hernia (sp). I don't know what will be done about that.

Please remember my Mom, Julie, in your prayers. She's 77 years old. She had a hysto in the early 70's, had surgery in 1990 to remove a large cancerous tumor, other than that, she's been healthy! Thank you.

Pam in Vegas

Madeforyouinma11
August 11th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Of course she will be thought of in prayers. Why are they waiting til Oct? It's August! Can't they do it sooner for her? Sorry, I get fired up sometimes when it comes to healthcare.
Good thoughts and prayers to your mom.

denisecolli
August 11th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Pam thought and prayers for a speedy recovery for your Mom

HandsOffItsMine
August 11th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Pam, Mom will be in my prayers and that all will go well.

Huggers, Ruby

Musical_Starling
August 11th, 2012, 04:39 AM
My mom had her gall bladder removed years ago (I'm not sure I was even born, if I was then I was only just) and she still says to this day that the pain from the stones was worse than labour. Hubs had a hiatal hernia as a kid and it went away on it's own, but I'm not sure if it's that simple in adults. Your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers for sure, as I've heard many times that gall stones are no fun at all!

Sandy Navas
August 11th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Sending prayers for a quick release from her pain and normal biopsy report on those durned polyps. Hope she doesn't suffer more with the gallstones between now and the surgery date.

lilmouse
August 11th, 2012, 01:14 PM
!Sending out prayers now.....that's a long time to wait for surgery!....will keep her in prayer until she no longer needs them!

auntiemern
August 11th, 2012, 02:49 PM
You got it hun, sending prayers her way.

bopeep
August 11th, 2012, 03:05 PM
We will be PRAYING for her and you as well...
bopeep

Bubby
August 11th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Pam, I will remember your Mom in my prayers. I sure wish she could be taken care of before October.

Lonna
August 11th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Pam prayers are with you and your mother. I had gall stones and had them removed when I was only 20 very young I know. But anyway gall stone surgery has come a long ways since then. My Grandmother had hers removed when she was 93 years old it is a very simple surgery most of the time it is an out patient surgery. They did keep my grandmother over night becase of her age. You both will be in my prayers and hope she can have those gall stones removed before then.

quiltingtrish
August 11th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I think if they know what the problem is, it is better to take care of it now. I would inquire if the surgery could be moved up. My sister was told the insurance wouldn't cover an MRI and when they finally decided to cover it, she had collapsed in pain. Popped a gallstone onto her pancreas which put her in ICU for about a month and out of work for over a year. I get a little agitated when I hear they put off gallbladder surgery especially since it is such a simple operation these days. Oh, when she went in to the ICU that night, she was given a 20% chance of coming thru the pancreatic damage. The doctors today think she is a miracle.
I'll keep your mom in my prayers.

Hugs,

Poppytree
August 12th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Your mum will be in my thoughts and prayers. Gall stones can be very painful and hopefully the surgery will help.

(I was recently diagnosed with gallstones myself when 'numerous' ones showed up in a scan but they don't cause me any problems as long as I don't eat too much fatty food - so I don't need surgery .... yet.)

Meli
August 12th, 2012, 08:09 AM
My Mom sent me an email today. She's had an ulcer forever, it seems like. For the last 6 months her ulcer has been acting up plus she's had stomach problems. She finally went to the doctor who ordered xrays. The xrays show that she has gall stones and will need to have her gall bladder removed on October 4th. He also put a scope into her stomache and ended up removing 3 polyps. She also has a hiatal hernia (sp). I don't know what will be done about that.

Please remember my Mom, Julie, in your prayers. She's 77 years old. She had a hysto in the early 70's, had surgery in 1990 to remove a large cancerous tumor, other than that, she's been healthy! Thank you.

Pam in Vegas
Prayers going up for your sweet mother, and for you. (hugs)

janluna
August 12th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Saying prayers for your Mom!!!! Love and hugs, Jan L.

sewmuchjan
August 12th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Prayers coming your way for you and your Mom.

Hugs, and Blessing for a quick and healthy recovery,
Jan G.