PDA

View Full Version : New part time job

Genny
August 10th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Well ladies I finally goy my job at Walmart that I've been trying for this last month. Been waiting this last week for my background check and drug test to come back. They called today and I start in the morning! I will be working part time as a cashier days/evenings but NO midnight shift. Our new super center opens next week, hope I'm a quick learner...lol... I can't wait, I've been cooped up in this house for the last 6 weeks and I'm going stir crazy!

Bubby
August 10th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Genny, you will do fine learning your new job. If you figured out this forum you can figure out WalMart!! I'm glad you found a job and the hours you can work!! Good Luck, Barb

K. McEuen
August 10th, 2012, 07:58 PM
That's what my daughter does. She seems to enjoy it a lot. The latest she has to work is midnight, thank goodness since she doesn't drive and either my hubby or I have to take her and pick her up. I hope you catch on quick and enjoy it.

Sandy Navas
August 10th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Genny got a job - Genny got a job - Genny got a job. Have fun - I really thought you would be quilting every day and never get bored by being home and feel cooped up!!! But, a girl has gotta do what a girl has gotta do.

HandsOffItsMine
August 10th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Congrats to you, enjoy your new job. :)

Lonna
August 10th, 2012, 09:16 PM
You will catch on in no time. Enjoy and have fun.

nurrsey
August 10th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Yea for you....I love Walmart!

debquilts2
August 10th, 2012, 09:22 PM
just don't spend all your money in the fabric area

Genny
August 10th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Genny got a job - Genny got a job - Genny got a job. Have fun - I really thought you would be quilting every day and never get bored by being home and feel cooped up!!! But, a girl has gotta do what a girl has gotta do.

I don't know what happened...when I quilt my midnight job I thought...wow, I can sew all day!!! NOT...Very few days have I been on my machine...what a waste of time!

lilmouse
August 11th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Congratulations! Avoid the fabric dept at all costs or they will be getting your paycheck...been there and done that!

auntiemern
August 11th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Congrats on the new job. I could not work for my local WM or they would get my entire check buying fabric and things. So be strong, and walk away from it. :) The fabric, not the job lol

Musical_Starling
August 11th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Yay! Congratulations! I have to say though, I don't think our Walmart is so thorough on their hiring, doing background checks and drug tests. Most of the employees at my local WM are good, but there are a rare few that would definitely NOT pass a drug test lol

Hopefully you'll get discounts in their fabric section now :icon_razz:

BellasQuilts
August 11th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Great news Genny! Congrats and hope it works into a better one at the super store.

Genny
August 11th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Congrats on the new job. I could not work for my local WM or they would get my entire check buying fabric and things. So be strong, and walk away from it. :) The fabric, not the job lol

We toured the new store today and they have a great fabric department...I'll be checking it out better when they open. I start Monday.