PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just 'love' kids.............

Divine Daisy
August 10th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Whether they are 3 or 30. its all about them lol.

For your edification I offer a reproduction of a facebook conversation between Mr Daisy and 'me Heather' the name he has called her sinse the day they met. The topic of the conversation was his viking hat which is now his profile picture.

13.06............ Really Pa?

13.10.............Pa?

13.23.............Pa

13.42.............Pa

13.58............Pa!

14.20............PA!!!!!!!!!!!!

14.31...........What meHeather?

14.48...........Really Pa?

The odd thing is, they both seem satisfied with this conversation. Heather because she feels her job as her Pa's fashion bodyguard has been done..... him because he still doesn't give a sh*t. Loves his hat, is going to wear his hat but has 'taken her comments onboard.'

His final comment on the matter was (to me not her) 'does this face look bovered'?

Mine to him........... 'no idea pet, can't see your face, but I am sure it doesn't look bothered'

HandsOffItsMine
August 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Absolutely love it! Make me almost lose my coffee through the nose! Our Kat does have moments of MeKat even at 27 - all children have that, even my almost perfect Kat, NOT!

Good to know Stewart doesn't give a snit :D about what the world of FB thinks!

lilmouse
August 10th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Funny.....if he likes it that is all that matters!

Shannon
August 10th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I always know when I'm in "trouble" when I go from being 'Mom' to 'Mudther'!
Do your kids do that too?

Jean Sewing Machine
August 10th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I always know when I'm in "trouble" when I go from being 'Mom' to 'Mudther'!
Do your kids do that too? And the UUUUU sound is drawn out quite long! Muuuuuuuther! And when they want something, it is mommy! Even though my baby is 36, it's still the same!

csarina
August 10th, 2012, 05:04 PM
I know I am in trouble when my girls say muuuther with an exasperated tone to the voice, the latest time was last weekend when I announced we had bought a touring caravan!!!! They seem to think because we are 69 & 79 we should be sitting in wheelchairs slobbering down the bibs on our front. Sorry kids, I can still drive and so can OH we have caravanned for years and we are not going to vegetate, we still have a lot of living to do. Sons comment, let me know when you are on the road so I can avoid you!! the cheek, he may be 42 but I can still put him over my knee and spank his bum.....Oh I forgot we are not allowed to do that anymore!!

Sandy Navas
August 10th, 2012, 06:18 PM
The Muuuuuuuuuuuuther doesn't bother me. What gets me is when she tells me "You are JUST LIKE Granny."

I then pause and tell her - you have the same genes.

And, when she complains about something the kids do or don't do I get to snicker!! Loudly!! Annoys her - just getting even.

K. McEuen
August 10th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Haha, sounds like my daughter when I was going out in a rather thin shirt. It was hot, my bra was cotton (not lace and see through and the same color as my shirt. You could only tell it was see-through when the sun hit it. No big deal.

Her: Mom, that shirt is thin.
Me: So?
Her: You can see your bra.
Me: Be glad I'm wearing one.

It's a wonder she didn't strain her eyes, rolling them at me.

BellasQuilts
August 10th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I love it when they wait for you to walk down the hall and then they yell "MOM!"

HandsOffItsMine
August 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Haha, sounds like my daughter when I was going out in a rather thin shirt. It was hot, my bra was cotton (not lace and see through and the same color as my shirt. You could only tell it was see-through when the sun hit it. No big deal.

Made my drink come out my nose! 'Cause my Kat can do that real good too! ROFLMAO

HandsOffItsMine
August 10th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Mine starts the call with "I have a question..." I know it's going to cost me $ or I have to make or do something...it's just not going to be "I just called to say I love you." like Stevie Wonder. lol

toggpine
August 10th, 2012, 09:50 PM

Ahahahahaha! I actually snorted while laughing at this one! I am going to keep that one in my file of snappy comebacks!

bobw103
August 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Love this thread, I needed a laugh about now.

auntiemern
August 10th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Priceless Karen. Sounds like something I would say, since I very rarely wear one. (product of the 70's, what can I say). I get the every day phone call asking me where something is at her house, like I am supposed to know what her and the kids did with something when I'm not there. If she can't find what she is looking for, standing in the middle of the room and turning circles, I must have hidden it, or for some unknown reason, brought it home with me. LOL

Musical_Starling
August 11th, 2012, 02:03 AM
In my family I'm the baby and I have two older sisters. Me and the oldest are the most alike, never really caused Mom any trouble. But my middle sister was the WORST! She's 32, will be 33 just before Christmas, and I keep saying that she's the only kid born with a case of colic that has lasted over 32 years... And now she has a two and a half year old son, and whenever he's up to no good she'll say "Oh he's so bad! Look at what he's doing!" and Mom and I will just reply back with "Yep, just like his mother..." lol Can't say I've ever said "muuuuther" to my Mom, but I do call her "Mudder" on occasion, but that's just the Newfie accent. Usually when she's doing something embarassing it's "Mooom", but with a shocked face than an eye roll lol But I loves her, even when she shows up at my wedding with pink hair... lol

kelliedi
August 11th, 2012, 04:05 AM
But you know what is the worst.... when your yelling at your kids and you stop mid yell and think " OMG I just channelled MY MOTHER" and you just walk off...... and your kids look at you like you have lost it .... which you probably have

Musical_Starling
August 11th, 2012, 06:30 AM
But you know what is the worst.... when your yelling at your kids and you stop mid yell and think " OMG I just channelled MY MOTHER" and you just walk off...... and your kids look at you like you have lost it .... which you probably have

Reminds me of an episode of Bunheads I saw a commercial for a while ago, "I think I wagged my finger. Did I wag my finger? You made me wag my finger!" lol

Monique
August 11th, 2012, 08:51 AM

Can relate to this one, only I do things my Mom used to do. I tell my children, OMG I have become MEMERE! (That's grandma in french)!