PDA

View Full Version : Friday!

Blondie
August 10th, 2012, 07:22 AM

It's Friday Folksies!
Rise & Shine ! Find your groove and get it on ! Buy a lotto ticket ! Grab you honey and do a quick dance around the kitchen !

Okay, now I am ready to go back to bed. That wore me out. Where is my coffee??

We had a bit of a storm come through last night; can't wait to see how much we got. Our old rain gauge is almost ready to crack from being parched. I had some nutty dreams, not bad ones at all, just nonsensical ones that I wish I could remember.

I have a baby shower to attend tomorrow afternoon. Don't know the mommy to be very well, but love the daddy to be. I have been knowing him all his life. They are such kids, kind of got "caught" off guard in this situation. I doubt that they will marry but I can see them being friends for life. They are expecting a baby boy.

Off to find my way to the shower to finish waking up. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!!!!!!!

SMILE!

Bubby
August 10th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Good Morning,

I didn't sleep well last night...strange dreams all night.

Today I have to do a little housework and then spend time working on my Halloweenie blocks....5 or 6 more to go. Funny thing about working with scraps, the pile doesn't seem to get any smaller. Halloween prints are so much fun to sew with! Lola and I are getting along just fine so far. I'm waiting for a small order of thread and stabilizer to get here from All Threads....then watch out!

Our heat is still with us. Our garden tomatoes are at the end of the trail. I don't know if we will get more blooms after the weather cools a bit. Personally I'm ready to eat less tomatoes. I think we will have BLTs for dinner to use us the last of the slicers.

I will check in later....it's time to get DH off to work and wake Miss Molly and give her breakfast and meds. Have a great day everyone!

Hugs, Barb

quilter.martha
August 10th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Morning Blondie! Enjoy the baby shower today.

Today is Friday! Yeee haa! I've been working at our VBS at church all week long and I'm ready for it to end. Not that its hard or anything, just want to get back to my routine. And tomorrow we're heading up to a cottage on the coast of Maine. Some good friends invited us to spend the weekend with them up there. Looking forward to R & R.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 10th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Hi folks! Last three days before school commitments start. Got a lot of sewing in yesterday, you saw the jelly roll stuff I did, and last night I sandwiched a quilt and quilted it, a friend made the quilt top. I have another one to do for her today. May put it on the quilt frame and do a meander or loop pattern to finish that one. Then I have a few more jelly roll tops to quilt, and my UFO pile is almost down to the bottom. I have blocks cut for a few more, but they may have to wait for a while to get put together.

Have fun inwhatever you are doing today.

meemeecyn
August 10th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Nice graphics, Blondie. The colors are so happy looking!

Have a good weekend, Quilty Friends. It is supposed to be a bit humid up here, which probably means storms.
Cynthia

CrazyMtnLady
August 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Good Friday Morning all.

Will be a busy morning today. Have to iron DH's shirts and get him packed and off to Springfield for the weekend gun show. So I can clean and sew, sew and clean or maybe just watch the Olympics and sew!

Still no Chester, this is the first time he has ever run off. I walked the property with the food bag, shaking it and calling him and still hasn't come home. I talked to one neighbor and she is going to watch for him in case he shows up there. :(

Well, I need coffee and it isn't going to make itself. Have a wonderful weekend and I'll check in on Monday.

Hugs and prayers.

Sandy Navas
August 10th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Good SMILING morning, Quilty Friends!! Its FRIDAY!! That means after today I have a couple days that I can regroup and "find" myself. I have no idea how DD does it all with the seven of them running around. These three are so silly they have been driving me batty. Today we are painting the pinatas each has created. Hopefully this weekend I can buy things to fill them for our final Artscape party where they will get to whack them to pieces.

Next week we'll actually have some art lessons. So far they have done friendship bracelets, the paper mache pinatas, origami, scrapbooking . . . and gave me lessons in 'driving Nana up the wall'.

You all have a GREAT day, okay, you hear?

All the usual wishes, prayers, hugs and stuff.

And have I mentioned that the three of them eat like horses? They could eat me out of house and home real quick. They must still be growing.

Madeforyouinma11
August 10th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Sitting here with my cup of coffee reading these posts just never gets old to me..
Blondie, have fun at the baby shower tomorrow. Did you make something? Donna, I vote Olympics and sew..oh, and look for Chester..sorry he hasn't come home yet. How old is he? Jean, you have been like a house on fire these days! Very motivating. I've been getting quite a bit done in and out of the sewing room. Sandy....I'm just tired reading about your time with the kids! You guys have really done ALOT! Lol
Well, hubby is on vacation now until the beginning of September. It will be a working vacation mostly, but it seems like I don't get as much done when he is home. That cannot happen. I still have so many things I want to have done by the end of this month. Must..stay..on..track! LOL I am almost done with a quilt top that I have been working on for almost a week now. I really like it. I will post pics as soon as I get the second border on. I need feedback. Well, I need to go to DD's again today to check on her cat. They won't be home until late tonight. Then a little cleaning and hopefully back to the sewing room.
Good thoughts and prayers to everyone, and have a wonderfully, spectacular day! Cil

Lonna
August 10th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies,

Looks as if everyone is busy today. It is quite here at work today for the most part which is really good as I woke up this morning with a sore throat. Been sipping on hot tea and honey for the biggest part of the morning. Would not be so bad if Idid not have to answer the phone every other min. Otherwise nothing going around here. Looks as if it is about time for our afternoon cloud up and maybe another shower or two. Take care my friends.

auntiemern
August 10th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Had a terrible night last night. Those darn steroids had me tossing and turning, and hot flashing ALL night. UGHH!!! Have the kids again all day today, but then should not have them again til Wednesday. Woo hoo for me. Sandy, I don't know how you do it. I can do the oldest and the youngest, but that middle one just sucks the life out of me. LOL. Very demanding for a 5 yr old. The 2 little neighbor girls were a huge help for me yesterday, and they don't have doll quilts. I found this out when they were admiring DGD's, so guess what part of my weekend will be spent doing. Have baby shower Sunday for step great grand son. Made him a monkey quilt out of the leftovers from the other one. If not for that I think I would head to the lake for some down time. Much cooler here today. Actually had to put on a light jacket while drinking my coffee outside early this AM. Well enough rambling on. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need. Have a great day, and I am sure I will be checking back in several times today. :)

buckeyequilter
August 10th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Good afternoon....

TGIF!!!! I am ready for the week-end, I have some projects I want to get finished up.

Mom is being released from the hospital today. She said she is getting confused (which we already knew)...but there are other things going on too....like turning the tv up LLLOOOUUUDDD, I really don't know if dementia will affect the hearing. We haven't received the results of her cat scan and MRI yet (those were of the brain). We had to cancel the PET scan and my sister is rescheduling that for her. The doctor asked her today if she wanted home health care and she said no. I think I'll give her a call tonight and go down and spend some time with her tomorrow. OMG....the dr. asked her if she wanted nerve pills and she said "no, but I think my daughter's need them" LOL - she could be right about that too.

Well better get back to work - took a short break and thought I'd do some catching up.

Have a wonderful day. Prayers and hugs to all.

Sandy Navas
August 10th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Shirley, I am sending you the biggest hug and a big ole soft shoulder to cry on. I have been there with Mom and know exactly what you are facing. All was laughable until the day she ran off during an ice storm with only a light sweater. After tripping and falling and who knows what else she was found all bloody by some workers from a local senior citizen's center. Mom told them that she had no idea who I was, why I was holding her 'captive' and that they should keep me away. She claimed that I was telling her that "I" was her mother and she knew better. Ten days of healing in the hospital and the doctors said no way she could go home.

Dementia is such a horrible disease. Enjoy every second you can. I pray that God sees fit to lift Mom out of her dark hole some day and give her the peace she well deserves. May your Mom have many years of getting better!!

K. McEuen
August 10th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Shirley, the comment about the nerve pills was pretty good. My friend Ellee went through a lot when her dad had Alzheimer's. The one thing she said is that you have to keep a sense of humor about it, or else you just sit and cry. One story she told was the one morning that her and her sister were visiting their parents and her mom was making breakfast. Dad walked in, went to their mom and said "Lady, I don't know who you are, but thank you for letting me sleep with you." Ellee said her mom turned all shades of red, and the two girls just burst out laughing.

Ginny B
August 10th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Ahhh! Friday night. Love it. Just chillin' watching the Yankees, the Olympics and then at 10:00 we will watch New Tricks on PBS. I got to spend some time at the sewing machine this morning before work and then this evening before dinner (after making some pesto, baking some cookies, emptying the dishwasher, cleaning up the mess from pesto and cookies and then roasting some red peppers --- all after working until 4) It seems that getting out at 4:00 on Friday's during the summer makes me think I can accomplish tons of stuff. LOL Tomorrow looks pretty busy too but I'm hoping that Sunday will bring some sewing time. We were hoping to maybe get to the beach but the weather looks a bit iffy.

Have a wonderful evening everyone and here's hope those of you who had such rough nights sleeping last night are able to get peaceful rest tonight.

Ginny B