:icon_wave:
Any body here??? :icon_attention:

:icon_wave: I'm here Jan! :icon_wave:

ginampls
September 9th, 2010, 10:54 PM
hi, gina here.

hillbilly
September 9th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Only for a minute to do a quick check. With the new job I will be busy doing housework any spare minute I can get. It's not like Jerry did housework before...but I like to wait until he's home and playing with the baby for some of it. That won't be happening as much. sigh.

How many of you watch football? We did away with tv, only for my husband to accidentally discover we have cable. (He found it worked when hooking up a vcr.) That is the perk of duplexes I guess. I don't like the t.v. so it is banned to the basement. Now I'm thinking that might be a dumb idea, because finally some sewing time...and there's a game. No noisy machine. Phooey. But I won't hold it against those of you that like football. I do like baseball.

Laura108
September 9th, 2010, 11:11 PM
How do we tell if someone is on line? I check back and forth ...I accidently left Hillbillys blog open all day on my computer...Im making or attempting to follow her tutorial but keep getting interrupted...with the phone the washer...and pesky dinner to cook. lol

ginampls
September 9th, 2010, 11:20 PM
hey the vikes are playing..

ginampls
September 9th, 2010, 11:21 PM
oh, there is a green dot next to the persons name...

janluna
September 9th, 2010, 11:32 PM
There you all are. Gina where do you see a green dot? :icon_doh:

janluna
September 9th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Hi everyone how are you all doing?

janluna
September 9th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Only for a minute to do a quick check. With the new job I will be busy doing housework any spare minute I can get. It's not like Jerry did housework before...but I like to wait until he's home and playing with the baby for some of it. That won't be happening as much. sigh.

How many of you watch football? We did away with tv, only for my husband to accidentally discover we have cable. (He found it worked when hooking up a vcr.) That is the perk of duplexes I guess. I don't like the t.v. so it is banned to the basement. Now I'm thinking that might be a dumb idea, because finally some sewing time...and there's a game. No noisy machine. Phooey. But I won't hold it against those of you that like football. I do like baseball.
I don't know what I would do without my tv. It makes noise in the back ground and keeps me company. I like football now that I know how its played. I love going to FB and BB games in person they are so much more fun. On tv they get boring.

middlesis1966
September 9th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Hi everyone how are you all doing?

I doing fabulous!!!!!:D Home alone till Sunday night! That means I can do whatever I want. I can have potato chips for breakfast lunch and supper, Yummy!!!:icon_heh::icon_heh::icon_heh: I have total control of the remote, that means NO westerns, yahoo!:D. Hubby and son went away for the weekend. Plus my daughter went to a friends house till then also! Life is grand right now!!!:lol: Time to do the Tom Cruise dance, :lol::lol::lol:

janluna
September 9th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Oh I would love that. You can quilt, sleep, eat talk to us, what fun. Talk on the phone. Paula you are one lucky girl. :)

janluna
September 9th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Dance on girl :icon_woohoo:

janluna
September 9th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Now I see the green dot Gina. I never even noticed that before. cool.... :)

ginampls
September 9th, 2010, 11:58 PM
green dot is next to avatar. see my picture. and green dot. ta dah i am on here.

janluna
September 10th, 2010, 12:01 AM
I see it now. Thanks:)

janluna
September 10th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Are you watching the Vikings and the saints Gina?

pdjewelrylady
September 10th, 2010, 12:07 AM
i am on too!! but no cable tv so not watching the game :(

pdjewelrylady
September 10th, 2010, 12:15 AM
not staying though...... need to get back to sewing on these new blocks i am teaching myself - storm at sea. have you made them?

janluna
September 10th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Hi Suzi, besides making blocks what are you up to tonight? :icon_wave:

Texsam
September 10th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Hey guys (er girls)

I have been trying to limit my time on the computer. I have been lurking around and seeing what's going on. I still need to get fabric for the block swap. ugh

I took my car into the dealership for maintenance work on the transmission so I was waiting to make sure they didn't find any nasty surprises for me before I went shopping.

I have been practicing working on the star block with the jelly roll I bought to do the one like in the video. So I should have lots of practice. :icon_heh:

Have fun Paula being alone and doing that dance. Be sure not to fall on your butt and hurt something. I'd probably fly into the wall! :icon_rofl:

I can't watch tv and do anything quilt related. I can listen to music, but I have to look at the tv and see what's going on. Don't no how many times I've messed up cutting out fabric. :icon_rolleyes:

See I get on here for a few minutes and blabber like a :icon_crazy: person. Darn it!!

janluna
September 10th, 2010, 12:18 AM
No I have never made it but it sure is pretty in a quilt.

janluna
September 10th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Blab away sweetie

ginampls
September 10th, 2010, 12:24 AM
good night all. see ya out here later.

janluna
September 10th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Ok Gina have a good night. Sweet dreams. :icon_wave:

janluna
September 10th, 2010, 12:28 AM
I guess I'm going to turn in too. Love you all. See ya tomorrow :icon_wave:

Texsam
September 10th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Night everybody. I better get back to it. Check in tomorrow.

hillbilly
September 10th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Good morning.

You are welcome to leave the blog open all day, anytime you want. LOL. If you are on dial-up this may not be a good thing though.

I am going to be MIA mostly today and tomorrow. Our town is having a city wide garage sale. I don't have much to sell, but I am gathering some baby things and whatever else I can find to put out really as an attempt to get my sewing machine sold. I have a new downsized model all picked out...and the extra $$ will be nice. Jerry needs some equipment for his new cop job.

I have some new tutorials I want to work on. I may be pulling late nights on that. Any requests? Is there still a sashing request, or is that all figured out?

I am thinking after reading another blog that hanging sleeves might be important, so I am thinking on doing a small hanging next.

Ok, well wish me luck on selling this machine. If it sells early I can even run to town and buy the new one!!

sally
September 10th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Good luck Hillbilly! Have a fun day!

Laura108
September 10th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Ok Im a day late and took me a while to find the green dot....no one is here.LOL just my luck!

pdjewelrylady
September 10th, 2010, 11:44 AM
:icon_tup:Good luck with the garage sale Hillbilly. i enjoy GOING to garage sales but hate hate hate holding them myself - tooooooooo much work and aggravation! I hope you are able toget the new machine and then you can practise using on the Star Swap Blocks :icon_razz:

sally
September 10th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Ok Im a day late and took me a while to find the green dot....no one is here.LOL just my luck!

Hey Laura check out the quicklinks and you can see who is online and where. Well off to work Have a wonderful day everyone!

Canadian gal Sally

Laura108
September 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Thank you Sally. :)
Hillbilly I would love a sashing tuturiol. I have been on your blog most of the morning...Rodney stayed home to help me do stuff and dang...he is LOL....every time I sit to sew he says " Honey come here" short of sewing his lips closed LOL I may have to wait til later. Aww that is kind of mean of me.....It must be the quilting addiction talking usually Im a mild mannered fluffy italian girl...hehe
We need to find a way to do a chat when we are all on line...I cant ever remember what I posted too...lol hugs have a great afternoon all:icon_wave:

Laura108
September 10th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Hey Laura check out the quicklinks and you can see who is online and where. Well off to work Have a wonderful day everyone!

Canadian gal Sally

Sally I see you have a green dot....Happy on line at the same time day LOL

toggpine
September 10th, 2010, 04:41 PM
There is a little open circle next to the person's name. If they are online, it will be green. If they are not it will be clear or white.

My daughter has the TV on for Sesame Street or other parent approved TV shows or movies. This is helpful when I am trying to finish a project that does NOT need 4 year-old expertise. I also listen to books on CD while sewing. I am not so tempted to look at the screen and be distracted by the TV. I am still getting two things done at the same time without the guilt of plopping down and just reading. Our library system has a great selection of audiobooks. I also received a gift certificate for Audiobookstand a few years ago, so I bought some books that I wouldn't mind "reading" more than once for my own library. Some of them are even downloadable to an iPod/MP3.

I do like football and baseball. Football on TV, but baseball on the radio.

Back to purging the stuff in the sewing space. I want to completely renovate this space the first weekend in October while my dear husband is off on the annual "Guys Weekend Bike Ride & Camping Trip". I think it would be better if he did not see exactly how much fabric is stored in here. I really need to have a better space to sew than TV trays. I have found some super deals at our local HomeDepot in the clearance section on shelving and a section of counter top. I'll post some before & after shots when I finish.

Laura108
September 10th, 2010, 05:37 PM
There is a little open circle next to the person's name. If they are online, it will be green. If they are not it will be clear or white.

My daughter has the TV on for Sesame Street or other parent approved TV shows or movies. This is helpful when I am trying to finish a project that does NOT need 4 year-old expertise. I also listen to books on CD while sewing. I am not so tempted to look at the screen and be distracted by the TV. I am still getting two things done at the same time without the guilt of plopping down and just reading. Our library system has a great selection of audiobooks. I also received a gift certificate for Audiobookstand a few years ago, so I bought some books that I wouldn't mind "reading" more than once for my own library. Some of them are even downloadable to an iPod/MP3.

I do like football and baseball. Football on TV, but baseball on the radio.

Back to purging the stuff in the sewing space. I want to completely renovate this space the first weekend in October while my dear husband is off on the annual "Guys Weekend Bike Ride & Camping Trip". I think it would be better if he did not see exactly how much fabric is stored in here. I really need to have a better space to sew than TV trays. I have found some super deals at our local HomeDepot in the clearance section on shelving and a section of counter top. I'll post some before & after shots when I finish.

I miss those days of little feet around....I have a tv in my sewing room and a dvd player and have to say Im a geek I love the old black and whites and just found a black and white 22 hours of musicals with shirley temple, fred astaire..and a few others....or I just put in a cd of soft music and away I go...today however my sewing machine wants to break a thread after every piece but Im sure tonight will be better.....I have so much cut out and nothing finished ....I have a cutting and ironing obession.
I also just moved so the room is not exactly how I would like ....I dont believe we ever have enough storage...and its not easy to find storage that doesnt look over crowded .....Anyone else have that problem???
Have a great afternoon.....Laura

hillbilly
September 10th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I miss those days of little feet around....I have a tv in my sewing room and a dvd player and have to say Im a geek I love the old black and whites and just found a black and white 22 hours of musicals with shirley temple, fred astaire..and a few others....or I just put in a cd of soft music and away I go...today however my sewing machine wants to break a thread after every piece but Im sure tonight will be better.....I have so much cut out and nothing finished ....I have a cutting and ironing obession.
I also just moved so the room is not exactly how I would like ....I dont believe we ever have enough storage...and its not easy to find storage that doesnt look over crowded .....Anyone else have that problem???
Have a great afternoon.....Laura

Wanna borrow some little feet so that I can have sewing time?

I LOVE old black and white. I miss TCM channel since we don't have satellite anymore. I also miss ID because I love true crime for some reason. (Like Forensic Files) I used to record shows on the DVR for the kids and I, but we can't have Satellite in our duplex. I really miss the DVR as then I have complete control over what is being watched, and I would force the kids to fast forward through commercials.

I also used to really love listening to music. But, three years ago I got re-married, and while Jerry is a wonderful husband, and actually a wonderful music artist...he's either singing or whistle-ing ALL the time. REALLY LOUD. So, I have quit listening or watching anything. When he's gone...silence. LOL

We picked up a kitchen table at a garage sale that was really really heavy. It's an older one, all formica and not pretty wood, but it sure works great for my sewing machine. NO shaking or rattling. Now, If I could only get my hands on one of those quilty table thingies.

I will make a sashing one soon now. I do have a wallhanging planned first that you are all going to LOVE. It is not your normal way of quilting, but so fun and different and I will keep you in suspense for a week or two on it probably. Just depends on how many late nights I can pull. We will see.

Laura...are you the one replying on my blogs? I am so glad that you are going to do the GREAT HOLIDAY ORNAMENT EXCHANGE. I will be really pushing it next month, right now I'm just trying to get people to spread the word. You can make as many or as few as you want. Starting next week, I have a goal of two per week. I need to do that, as we don't have a single ornament, so I figure one for me, one to mail to someone else.

Well, that's all my catching up for now. Husband gets off work in 14 minutes. Gotta do a quick run through picking up baby toys and washing a couple dishes before he gets home and thinks I did nothing all day!! (He's very nice about it, never complains.)

Have a great evening all. I'll be back later tonight. :icon_hug:

Laura108
September 10th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Wanna borrow some little feet so that I can have sewing time?

I LOVE old black and white. I miss TCM channel since we don't have satellite anymore. I also miss ID because I love true crime for some reason. (Like Forensic Files) I used to record shows on the DVR for the kids and I, but we can't have Satellite in our duplex. I really miss the DVR as then I have complete control over what is being watched, and I would force the kids to fast forward through commercials.

I also used to really love listening to music. But, three years ago I got re-married, and while Jerry is a wonderful husband, and actually a wonderful music artist...he's either singing or whistle-ing ALL the time. REALLY LOUD. So, I have quit listening or watching anything. When he's gone...silence. LOL

We picked up a kitchen table at a garage sale that was really really heavy. It's an older one, all formica and not pretty wood, but it sure works great for my sewing machine. NO shaking or rattling. Now, If I could only get my hands on one of those quilty table thingies.

I will make a sashing one soon now. I do have a wallhanging planned first that you are all going to LOVE. It is not your normal way of quilting, but so fun and different and I will keep you in suspense for a week or two on it probably. Just depends on how many late nights I can pull. We will see.

Laura...are you the one replying on my blogs? I am so glad that you are going to do the GREAT HOLIDAY ORNAMENT EXCHANGE. I will be really pushing it next month, right now I'm just trying to get people to spread the word. You can make as many or as few as you want. Starting next week, I have a goal of two per week. I need to do that, as we don't have a single ornament, so I figure one for me, one to mail to someone else.

Well, that's all my catching up for now. Husband gets off work in 14 minutes. Gotta do a quick run through picking up baby toys and washing a couple dishes before he gets home and thinks I did nothing all day!! (He's very nice about it, never complains.)

Have a great evening all. I'll be back later tonight. :icon_hug:

Yes its me who joined your holiday ornament exchange. I wish you lived closer I'd certianly play with the little one ...especially if your working on a tutorial haha..Just dont you over do it ...we dont want you suffering burn out...
Have a great night :)
Laura
oops p.s. I leave pages open sometimes and don't know that much about blogs is it okay to leave it open while Im working on something? or does it cost you?