PDA

View Full Version : Drs. App't .....ouch (;

bopeep
August 9th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I went to the dr. today...he said I have "carpometacarpal" arthritis.....I think that is just a big work to tell me I am getting old and worn out...he put an injection in both hands......,man did that hurt (;.....still hurting......setting here resting in my big easy chair...on the new laptop I bought myself......well I was in pain.....and I deserve it.....well at least I wanted it......our anniversary is coming up...next month :lol:.......
bopeep

Jean Sewing Machine
August 9th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Hope you feel better soon. And that is how I rationalized getting a new laptop, well, it was my birthday month, and my old laptop was very sick with a toxic virus, and it was so easy to by online!

auntiemern
August 9th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Hope you feel better soon. Have had those shots and they are no fun at all. So after enduring that you deserved to treat yourself.

CrazyMtnLady
August 9th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I hope the pain goes away quickly. Yes you deserved the new laptop. Hey, my birthday is next week...maybe I should drop a hint that I need my own computer since he takes this one when he goes for his gun show weekends. :)

Sandy Navas
August 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Okay, everyone has stolen my idea. Run out and buy your birthday, Mother's Day, Anniversary, Valentine's Day, Christmas, and just general "I love myself" presents. That's what Al and I both do since he got me a shovel, a rake and a hoe our first year of marriage . . . and guess who does the yard work . . .

Love bopeeps interpretation of the diagnosis - think that's what I have. Remember a doctor telling me years ago that I had a migraine (I don't suffer from migraines) and then he said "Do you know what that means?" And I told him "Yeah, it means you don't have the slightest idea why my head hurts so bad."

I won't take a shot for the pain my my wrists . . . but a shot in a glass is another story.

bopeep
August 9th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks Ladies.........yeah I guess we all justify our actions.......but truth is WE ARE WORTH IT
bopeep

HandsOffItsMine
August 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM
(((Bopeep))), that sounds painfull and I'm hoping that you would feel better by now. I'm all for buying techie toys when feeling crappy, that's what I do! :)

Prayers and huggers, Ruby

bec
August 9th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Bopeep, I have the same thing. I went to the doctor a couple of years ago. My left thumb joint that connects my thumb to my hand is pretty far gone...stage 3 of 4. The right one isn't as bad. My doctor said I could have surgery, but it wasn't guaranteed to work and could throw me into stage 4. So I opted not to have it. He gave me those horrible injections, too. I feel for you. They were very painful. I also wore a brace at night. If it's any comfort, my left hand actually has felt better for the past 1 1/2 years. I still have times when I will have a sharp pain go through it or have that burning type of pain that lingers. I bought some of that Two Old Goats lotion that Donna spoke about in another thread and it seems to help some. Hope your hand gets better.

Happy anniversary! Enjoy your laptop.

bopeep
August 9th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Thanks...Bec.........I had an injection in my right hand a little over a year ago....it has been hurting for a while....I put off these injections as long as I could....I hope these last for a long time.....where did you get the lotion? sounds like something I need to try....Thanks...
bopeep

bec
August 10th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks...Bec.........I had an injection in my right hand a little over a year ago....it has been hurting for a while....I put off these injections as long as I could....I hope these last for a long time.....where did you get the lotion? sounds like something I need to try....Thanks...
bopeep
You can get it on amazon, but our local feed store had it cheaper.

I only got the injections in my hands once. Actually, I don't think they did much good. I think the brace that I wore at night helped more. I believe praying helped the most.

cassie a newbiequilter
August 10th, 2012, 05:33 PM
i have had that in both hands, the first was operated on 30yr ago, my left hand 7yr ago CARPAL Tunnel syndrome, injections did not work,, my friend also has had both her hands done, it does get easier but never goes away completely, I found homeopathic creams also help ease the discomfort in hands and wrists,,,

HOORAY got my all clear letter from hospital about my mammogram , hugs to all Cassie

bopeep
August 11th, 2012, 03:17 PM
You can get it on amazon, but our local feed store had it cheaper.

I only got the injections in my hands once. Actually, I don't think they did much good. I think the brace that I wore at night helped more. I believe praying helped the most.
Thanks again, Bec.........I went to their site....I will be ordering some....but you are sooo right .....Praying does work the best......
bopeep