PDA

View Full Version : Thursday is my Monday

Blondie
August 9th, 2012, 07:35 AM

Good Morning Folksies!

It is THURSDAY! Can you believe it? I didn't have many folks on the books this morning to work on, so i was looking forward to rushing home and watch/listen to the Drew Peterson trial. Since I was gone all day yesterday with Mom, I caught up reading on Justice Cafe. Then last night my phone was blowing up with folks wanting to get a shampoo/style tomorrow. I need to get hopping 'round here.

I need to find some coffee. Somewhere I just know I had a cuppa. I would follow my nose but I am still stuffy and can't smell anything not directly under it.

I know that Rhonda's back at work, our Trish is going back soon enough (yays for her Katie wanting to help her with the Cathedral Window!), but what about the rest of y'all school workers? Hubs went back officially this week, prepping stuff, etc. Oh, he is so disgusted with his new Big Boss; A new broom that has been known to sweep clean. He got a new manager last year that he just gets along with. A few folks have left/retired and they are not considering replacing them. So of course, more work, less help is never a good thing for those left. It is already work at a very steady clip.

Off to jump in the shower. SMILE everyone !

Shirley, how's Mom this day? Lonna, give Wayne a gentle hug from us - Keeping all of my dear ones close in prayer.

Off to jump in the shower. SMILE everyone !

Bubby
August 9th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Good Morning,

Not much new around here. I played with my new machine a bit yesterday and tried out the embroidery feature and that was alot of fun. I'm loving Lola so far!

I'm not sure what's on for me today. I'll just play it by ear. I still have Halloweenie blocks to make for our swap. I should finish them by the first of next week and then I can get back to some of my UFO's.

Prayers going out for all our special ones...Douwe, Mr Daisy, Emily, Lonna's Wayne, Cellomom's finger,Shirley's Mom, extra prayers for our Lisa, Cyndi for her loss, and all the others on my prayer list.

I'll pop back in later....have to get DH off to work and Molly her breakfast and meds. Hugs, Barb

ElaineP
August 9th, 2012, 07:57 AM
I'm still on holiday Blondie - schools in UK (except Scotland) don't start until the beginning of September!

I've been busy with housework for a couple of weeks and only crafting in the evenings but that is all about to change!! The main jobs are now complete so it's time for serious crafting!!! I've a quilt to complete and lots to start!! cross stitch on the go and I need to get bits finished ready for a number of craft sales in the Autumn - got to find inspiration for Christmas gifts for others to buy as well as for me to give! So the real fun begins now!

Have a great day x

Elaine

buckeyequilter
August 9th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Good morning....

Back to work today. Thanks for the prayers for mom. I spent all day at the hospital yesterday....Mom was having a bad day, my sister and I did get all the legal stuff done and last night Mom perked up and is back to her normal self. I will be calling her in a little while to see how she's feeling this morning.

Well better get to work since I missed yesterday. Everyone have a wonderful day...prayers and hugs to all.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 9th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Hi, Everybody! Missouri had rain last night. It was noisy and bright with lightning, but at least there was moisture that came with the hoopla. First good rain in a long time.

School starts for us next week. We go back for meetings Aug. 13-17, and the semester starts on Monday, Aug. 20. Our economy has hit hard in community college land, we are down significantly from the past few years. I'm sweating this out, as I am an adjunct faculty member, and no students means no paycheck. Monday, the President is holding a lunch for the managers, department chairs and program coordinators, last year we had a lovely lunch, with the economy being what it is, wonder if we'll get baloney sandwiches, a bag of chips and two Oreos this year?

I hope to sandwich and machine quilt two quilt tops in the next four days, wish me luck!

Hope those who are ill feel better soon, and my prayers are with you.

Happy Thursday to you all--make all those Southern belles pretty, Blondie!

rebeccas-sewing
August 9th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Talk about a bruised ego! Heading home from the grocery store my shopping cart got tangled up on something and I landed on all fours in the crosswalk just as the light was changing. All of a sudden I found myself being pulled up and placed back on the sidewalk. Thank goodness for young, strong business men. Was I worried about my skinned knee or possible broken bones? All I could think was "Please don't let my new jeans (that I can finally fit into without feeling like there's a vice around my middle) have a hole in the knee!!!" Hahaha! No hole!!! Everything is right with the world.

GrammaBabs
August 9th, 2012, 10:35 AM
OOOOOOO Rebecca.... be vigil... ice if you need... i'm sitting here NOW,,, the product of many falls and stupid ignoring of issues that should have been addressed many moons ago... but alas... it is all part of life,,, and i do have "my memories" of mobile, dancing,funky movements....LOL

ie... Falling from the 3rd up rung of the ladder in Walmart... TWICE... duh...............that's about the time when i decided it just wasn't fun anymore and quit...LOL
They didn't want someone to help customers.. just someone to "pick things up and put them down"... Crazy... but i wouldn't change a minute of my life.... I'll be fine as soon as i get my new hip... (i hope)....:D

CrazyMtnLady
August 9th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Good Morning. Had a very restless night. TarButt kept woofing at something and wanting to go outside. So I was up and down with her! DH got up with her a couple times and then was up for good around 5am so he kind of took my computer time away from me. :(

Took a long walk down the trails this morning trying to find my cat "Planet" Chester. Ava and Hondo have been really mean to him and I haven't seen him in at least 2 days. He has never been one to run off before, so I am a bit concerned. I have looked under all the trailers and in the garage/barn but no luck yet. I have my fingers crossed that he shows up soon. I have had him for about 9 or ten years.

Have to do a little laundry today and get DH's suitcase ready for his gun show this weekend. He will be in Springfield all weekend. I have to bake up some more cookies. One of his buddies always expects some of my cookies. :)

Have a great day... Hugs and prayers to all.

sewbizzy
August 9th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone...
I have had some sort of a bug for the last couple days...just don't feel right...
so naturally, it affects the fibro that is in full force, too...
I did put together 2 t-shirts yesterday (one is an order) and stitched on all the buttons (30 of them---15 each shirt---I put 5 around the neck and roll up the sleeves one turn and sew 5 around each sleeve) while watching the Pgh. Pirates ballgame with dh...
we are soooo excited, because our first love the Steelers are on tonight!!! YEA!!! we love football!!!
We had a boomer rain-storm last evening too...

Hugs and Blessings to all...
Shirley, prayers for your Mom------Rebecca, take care of your bruised knee and ego!

Sandy Navas
August 9th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Dealing with KIDS again today. Yesterday they got into it with wallpaper paste and newsprint when I stepped away for a minute or two.

WISH ME LUCK!! Tying knots today.

LynneLeavell
August 9th, 2012, 12:33 PM
My oldest Grandson wanted me to stay home with today. I told him I had to go to work that I had stuff today. Everybody thinks they need there paycheck so I had to be there to hand them out. He then proceeded to tell me that they did not need there paychecks and that I could stay home with him. I told him the only way I could or would stay home with him was if he had a feaver or was throwing up. Well he proceeded to tell me that he would have a feaver this morning and that I was staying home. I then told him that I would come get him at 4:30 and he could watch cartoons until mama got home at 6:30 he was happy. So needless to say he is at daycare and I am at work. Well I have set a goal for myself this month I'm gonna try and have three quilt tops made before I go to Strip Club on the first Saturday in September. What is Strip Club you ask....It is a quilt club that I go to the first Saturday of every month at one of my local quilt stores (ok not so local 54 miles from my house but it's worth it) and for $5.00 you get the pattern for the month (which after 10 that morning it goes to $9.00 to the public) Then they will go over the pattern and then will reveal the quilt and if you like the strips and fabric they use then you get the strips to do the quilt at a discounted price and then you buy the rest of the fabric that you need to complete the quilt. If you have the top completed with borders you get 20% off of your background fabric the next month. It is fun and that is the only Saturday that I am up at 6:00 in the morning to be there at 8:30. I've been doing this for 3 years now.

Oh well guess I needed some adult time sorry for the long boring post. I hope everyone has a great day.

Lynne

HandsOffItsMine
August 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Oh my Rebecca, hope you're not too achy! Some ice for the pain and tea for the calm.

Up at 4 AM again, my clock is getting screwed up with these massive cloud covers coming and going. My head is not liking this at all. Ugh!

On a wonderful note...My SIL Matt has a JOB, Yea Woo! After three weeks of posting on Monster and talking/seeing recruiters, then phone/in-person interviews with clients - most nerve racking when all was going really well and he/they discover that he's a Front End Web Developer and they really need a Back End Developer - Oops HR and Recruites aren't talking same language. Happened twice!! Well, he had a great phone interview with NDN www.newsinc.com Friday, in-person with CEO/VPs/web managers on Monday, was to meet with the VP of HR for a "meet" (CEO's wife). Matt went, then was told "She had been traveling and she would agree with whatever the Team decided." I suspect that the CEO must have really liked Matt and talked her ear off. lol

He met with his would be boss' boss or as Matt calls it the Great GrandBoss and some other department managers. Matt was very excited about this company as the web is their bread and butter as income. They collect the news from their clients and in turn make it available to other sources, like the LA Times, Entertainment Tonight, etc. They need people like Matt to make money and want to keep their employees happy. Unlike Disney and MGM where the Web Teams are a secondary by-product. All went well, said he would hear something in 2-3 days.

Got a call from the recruiter at 5:30 pm, they made an offer, worked out some things, he starts on Monday! He's excited even with the traffic. lol Kat can stop worrying about income and health insurance. :) Mom can breath a sigh of relief, the children and grandchildren are safe in their nest. :D

Was great talking to him yesterday, he has that spring in his voice again. Told me all the geeky stuff about the interview process that Kat didn't understand nor anyone else in his family. He said to his Dad and SM, oh I give up, I'll just wait to talk to Ruby! At least I know I'm good for something in the MIL department. lol

Now I'm off to find some meds for my brain.

Prayers for all in need, huggers for all as everyone can use one! Ruby

Cellomom
August 9th, 2012, 01:39 PM
rebecca soooo glad you're ok after your tumble! not sure when im starting school. will know more after surgery tomorrow. my writing looks like a first graders writing and that im not typing correctly kinda annoys me.
so great to hear handsoffs good news. love to see Gods answers to prayers. blondie, i had an overdue hair appt yesterday. felt so good to have my hair washed and cut. my brother is a hairdresser and i think a good hairdresser refreshes us and helps us to face the day w/ a smile. maybe thats why you're always reminding us to SMILE. be careful everyone and stay on your feet! thx for ur prayers.:icon_happy:

cyndiofthevortex
August 9th, 2012, 01:56 PM
DD Bethany has been sick of late and is feeling very badly today. She's resting the morning away while I watch the kids. I am not the Super Grammie that Sandy is but I'm doing my best. Made some yellow play dough and ate play dough macs and cheese and some grilled cheese play dough sandwiches and who knows what else. We need prayers for this gal of mine. Too many people rely on her for her to be sick.

My plans were to piece the backs of the two sunflower quilts but that's put to the side to pat pretend doggies and continue to fill the kids with food to keep them happy and content. Doggies eat off the floor on plates so there they are, barking and panting and chewing ham and cheese sandwiches like dogs.

It might be a long day. What time is naptime anyway? I need one!

SuzyQue
August 9th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Hallelujah! We got rain last night! It came with 70 mph winds, lightening and thunder, but we got rain! We had some minor damage to tree limbs, so spent the a.m. picking up, but at least most of the corn is still standing.....or what you might call corn.
Thanks to the wonderful help from here, my hubby picked up more matching thread last night! I have the crockpot on and I am off to applique plates to blocks!!! Prayers to all in need. Hugs to everyone else.

Claire Hallman
August 9th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Fantastic about the job for your SIL , wish my son would have some luck in that dept. I would think with that MBA and the job experience he has that he would be a prime employment candidate but as far as I know, nothing yet. He had been waiting for a promised job and then when it was time to go to India for training they pulled the offer, dang economy again.

Today they go for the ultra sound that should determine the baby's gender, on pins and needles waiting to hear.:icon_happy:

auntiemern
August 9th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Cyndi, praying Bethany gets to feeling better soon. Glad you are ok after your tumble Rebecca. Shirley, still have mom high up on prayer list. Ruby, could not have had better news from you today. So very happy for Matt, Kat and the GK's. I do however think you are more than just a tech talker to Matt in the MIL dept. Me, I am right there with Cyndi. Watching GK's again. Not really feeling up to it, but a granny has to do what a granny has to do. Rustled up a couple of neighbor kids to help keep them occupied, while I try to get caught up on her laundry. Hugs and Blessings to all. Prayers and happy thoughts for those in need.

Claire Hallman
August 9th, 2012, 04:22 PM
It is a girl, woo hoo!

Lonna
August 9th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Claire how wonderful a baby girl. She will be so spoiled I am sure.

Just sitting here watching it rain. It is those afternoon spotty rain showers happening today. We really do need the rain though. I saw on the news where the Mississippi river is so low that salt water is starting to come up into the river. Last year they had to open the Bonniecarrie spill way becase the river was so high and this year the river is way below normal.

For those who were talking about school our school year started today. What normally takes me 15 mins to drive to work took me 30 this morning. I have to go right pass Ponchatoula High School to get to work and the traffic there is horrible. I always manage to catch it when they are stopping to let the school buses out and will have to sit while they are letting anywhere between 12-18 busses out at one time. Oh well I will just have to start leaving little earlier in the morning.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon. Back to work for me.

Madeforyouinma11
August 9th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Hello everyone! Still praying for all who are sick or in need, very happy for those feeling better and finding a job,Claire congratulations on the baby being a girl, you'll have so much fun making things for her. Rebecca, take care, sometime. Donna I hope you find "Planet". It's very unnerving when they go out on their own and don't show themselves for a couple of days. Joann, good luck with surgery tomorrow. Will be praying for you that all goes as planned.
I was not able to come on here this morning because I was seeking some advice for a quilt I am making, with great results of course. Then I had to go to my DD house to take care of her cat, take in their mail and check on things while they are away. Then I went to Joann's to pick up some fabric for a fall swap. I came home and checked my mail and my order from M* was here! So excited. DH is now gone to work for the night so I am doing a few things and then will be in my sewing room for the night. Hoping to finish the top and maybe put the back together tonight too so it'll be ready for quilting. Well, I just wanted to check in and say hello, gotta get to it! Good thoughts and prayers to everyone and hope the rest of your day is wonderful. :)

Blondie
August 9th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Claire, congrats on the upcoming baby girl arrival!
Rebecca, hope by now the embarassment and stiffness will be gone! That is a scarey thing to happen. I fell twice last year by tripping over something small and was lucky I didn't break something. Unfortunately, I did rip my jeans right through to my knee which got an ugly scrape.

A decent day for me; Sis made dinner and shared with us. Life is good. God is gooder.

Sweet dreams

HandsOffItsMine
August 9th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks all for Matt's news. :)

Claire congrat's on the baby girl news!! Time to buy all the pink and purple lines, and there are some really cute new ones out too! Plus clothes lines as well. :D