PDA

View Full Version : I'm sad

Poppytree
August 9th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Was so looking forward to my all day FMQ class on Friday but the poor teacher was rushed to hospital with appendicitis on Saturday night. I can't make the rearranged date in two weeks time as we have been invited to the girls' school for our first grandparents day and its our first since arriving in Australia and don't want to miss it.

It looks like I'll now have to wait until mid November for the next class - the pile of UFOs is going to get larger :(

Blondie
August 9th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I'ms sad that you're sad! And oh, how sad that your UFO's are growing . . . NOT! Shows me you are being productive and enjoying yourself. Hope your teacher gets along nicely after the surgery. Perhaps you can find another class?
Have fun sewing

Jean Sewing Machine
August 9th, 2012, 08:20 AM
HOpe she recovers quickly and you get to work on your UFOs. There's no feeling as good as finishing a quilt!

Poppytree
August 9th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Not many classes around - I'm booked in for this one again in November (couldn't make the alternative date). Almost finished the table runner I started last month. The flowers are appliqued, basic stich in the ditch quilting on the exposed squares and binding stitched on. I hemmed it in place while watching the Olympic rhythmic gymnastics. Might add some more quilting when I eventually learn how to do it.

GrammaBabs
August 9th, 2012, 10:25 AM
What a bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!.... That's the kind of disappointment that's hard to shake.... totally out of your control... But how about this???
Maybe going on YouTube and seeing if you can find some "demos" of FMQ.... unless you are terrified of using your machine... do you have a simple one that you can lower the feed dogs on???? just take some large squares of fabric and batting... and give it a whirl... it just might take that little beginning fear out of it for you and make you "rareing to go in November".... Just a thought... :icon_wave:

Sandy Navas
August 9th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I agree. BUMMER!!! Tell her to put her appendix back in and put on her Big Girl Panties and Deal with IT!!

Deneldac00p
August 9th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Oh Sandy, you are so funny,............but I agree. As GrammaBabs says, Youtube has so many good tutorials. Watching them and practicing is how I learned
Dena

auntiemern
August 9th, 2012, 03:01 PM
LOL @ Sandy. Yeah suck it up, and do the class then she can get her appendix out. But then again, you can find just about anything on you tube to teach you.

Poppytree
August 9th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I suppose it's lack of confidence with my machine (Janome) that's the problem - I've only been sewing since the end of April! (after an absence of over 50 years, and that was with my Mums old Singer treadle machine).

I might try and put the foot on and get those dogs down and give it a go! Got the family coming at the weekend and working all day today so it might have to wait till things have calmed down early next week.

I've watching some of those demos and have got them bookmarked too.