PDA

View Full Version : Medical Update

auntiemern
August 8th, 2012, 08:43 PM
As suspected, I am just in the throws of a major lupus flare. Doc has me on high dose of prednisone for 5 days, also what I figured he would do. If I could write my own scrips, I would never have to go to Dr. Have gotten very good at self diagnosing in the past 20 or so years. So I should be back to feeling normal, or what is normal for me in about a week or less. Maybe now I can see some actual quilt making in my immediate future. Have felt so rotten for the past little bit, I have only managed to get done what I absolutely had to. Thanks again for all the prayers an well wishes.

HandsOffItsMine
August 8th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Glad it's not a new ailment, however sometimes we get cocky in taking care of ourselves and need to check in just for "good care" sake and to get the scrips we can't write for ourselves. :D to get us out of the really bad flare up. Ah hum! And we know who are are talking about. (((Marilyn))) Not that I never, ever do something like that - as she kickes her own (_|_)

Now take it easy as you take the Prednisone, the quilts will wait. :)

Prayers and healing light heading your way from my little rock in the middle of the ocean.

Love ya! Ruby and Don

Monique
August 8th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Hoping you have a quick recovery.

Jean Sewing Machine
August 8th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I'm so sorry you are feeling so rotten, I hope the prednisone does its work quickly and gets you back in the swing of what you enjoy doing, I'm assuming that's making quilts! Many prayers for you my dear.

CrazyMtnLady
August 8th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Prayers for a speedy back to "normal" very soon. There are many many quilts in your future.

sewbizzy
August 8th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Prayers going out your way for a speedy healing for this outbreak....
Hugs and blessings

sewmuchjan
August 8th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Hugs and prayers for you my dear for a quick back to "normal".

Hope you feel better soon.

Love,
Jan G.

K. McEuen
August 8th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Glad you found out for sure what was happening. Now, send hubby on a fishing trip. Those steroids can turn you into a bear!

Sandy Navas
August 8th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I've only taken steroids once in my life - many moons ago - and took them for six MONTHS - up and then back down. I have NEVER felt so good in my whole life. Got about an hour's sleep a night, cleaned my house from top to bottom, did all kinds of projects that had been piling up . . . they took the steroids away when I professed to cleaning the corners of the floor with a toothbrush and vacuuming the heat vents every day . . .

nurrsey
August 8th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Will say a prayer for your speedy recovery Marilyn.

RiverMomm
August 8th, 2012, 10:29 PM
So glad you will be feeling better soon. By day 5 you will finishing 15 quilts a day!

Watch out for those flare ups. I think we wait too long to see the doctor because we think the flares will be short. But with the weather (heat), the flare ups can be much worse and longer. Take care, keep cool and enjoy quilting. :)

Lonna
August 8th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Wish you a speedy return to normal.

BellasQuilts
August 8th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Take it easy, Marilyn. You know we are all here cheering you on to a speedy recovery!

EnumclawGramma
August 8th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Thinking about you and hope you feel more like yourself soon. Take good care of you....there are many who need you! Like my Dad used to say "This too shall pass"....and you'll be churning out the quilts in no time!

SuzyQue
August 9th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Prayers sent and will be repeated...till a full recovery is achieved. Take care of you for now.
Sandy----I could use some of those meds, if I would have that same side effect....I have some vents that need deep cleaning!

auntiemern
August 9th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Ha ha Karen. DH would argue with you that the steroids aren't going to make me any crankier than I already am. Oh Sandy I wish they did that to me. They do tend to give me night sweats and hot flashes, like I need more of them. Will take it as easy as I can. Kinda hard when La La isn't around and I am watching the GK's full time. But DH is great helping with that. RiverMomm, pretty sure the heat is what set this one off. I am so glad that there is an end in sight to my current yuckyness. Ruby, LOL, that is so true. I do it all the time. I call them and tell them to call in scrips for levaquin, cuz I have chronic bronchitis too. I get it so easily. I thank God I have a great doc, and he knows, I know what is wrong with me before they do. Thanks for all the possitive vibes and love I am feeling from every one here.

lilmouse
August 9th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Glad to hear it wasn't anything new....just feel for you...steroids aren't any fun although they are sometimes neccesary...hope you heal quickly....keeping you in prayer and sending hugs...(((((hug))))

denisecolli
August 9th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Big hugs being sent your way

rebeccas-sewing
August 9th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Sorry you're having such discomfort, Marilyn. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Bubby
August 9th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Can't wait for you to feel better and get back to your spunky self!! Take care of yourself, Hon!!!

Sandy Navas
August 9th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I didn't mean to forget telling you that I was saying prayers for you, Marilyn, but maybe that is a good thing because I found out I needed to also add to put a STOP to those night sweats and hot flashes . . . and to squash your internal furnace that won't hold the correct temperature . . .

Here's to peace and quiet, additional help where needed, rest and recovery . . . oh, and maybe let's throw in a nice vacation for Marilyn . . . off on a floating island with two Evinrude out-board motors so she can putz all over to cool and calm places.

pcbatiks
August 9th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Marilyn, hope you're feeling better soon.....stay cool and plan some more quilts while you are resting!

Musical_Starling
August 10th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Hopefully it won't be long before you're feeling better again :) And those extra hot flashes are a good enough reason to have an extra cold drink delivered to your favourite chair, even if you're just drinking lemonade ;)

bopeep
August 10th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Oh Bless Your Heart...........
Praying at you will be back to "normal"......real soon.....
bopeep

meemeecyn
August 10th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Thinking of you, Marilyn, as you continue down this road. You must have immeasurable strength and inner fortitude!

carolv
August 10th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Feel better soon! Prayer's from here.