PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas 8/8/04

CrazyMtnLady
August 8th, 2012, 11:44 AM

This was us 8 years ago in Las Vegas! We chose the date of 8/8 because when we first got together Daniel would look at me and just say 8! I didn't know what he meant, then he said 1 4 3 and I said Yup...that adds up to 8 and he said... I Love You... I said...OH! so now even if we have company we can look at each other and say 8 and know what we mean. He will even use things like coffee cups, salt and pepper shakers or anything he can form the number 8 out of. He can be a sweetheart and a romantic at times.

Today we were going to go out to eat, but have decided to stay on the mountain and grill steaks and drink moonshine bloody mary's.... Woohoo.....
Going to watch the Olympics and just be together.

Ain't Love grand.

SuzyQue
August 8th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a lovely day together and many more years in happiness.

NanaB
August 8th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I LOVE your picture! It looks like you had a very fun wedding. When I married DH, we "threw a cookout and a wedding came". My mother was agast when I told her I was making us matching western shirts & wearing cowboy (girl?) boots. I told her I did the first wedding like everyone else wanted and we were doing what we wanted for this wedding!

Happy Anniversary. I hope you have 8x8 more!!!!

Jess1377
August 8th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Awww, that sounds like a lovely way to spend an anniversary! Have a great day!!

HandsOffItsMine
August 8th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Happy 8th Anniversary! Wishing you guys many more!!

Enjoy your evening on the mountain...:)

madampolo
August 8th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Happy anniversary! Have a great day!

Lonna
August 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Have a great day and enjoy each and every moment of it. Wishing you many more years to come.

K. McEuen
August 8th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Happy Anniversary!

Not sure about moonshine bloody marys. Margaritas, maybe. Have fun!

Jean Sewing Machine
August 8th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Congratulations to you both! Have a good time celebrating!

sewbizzy
August 8th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Happy Anniversary and many, many more!!!

EnumclawGramma
August 8th, 2012, 01:12 PM
What a cute couple!! Happy Anniversary.....have fun!

Genny
August 8th, 2012, 01:20 PM
"Happy Anniversary"

Granny Judy
August 8th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Happy Love Day... The day everyone wants to celebrate with you...and You prefer to be alone... YUP, Love is Grand!

auntiemern
August 8th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Happy Anniversary Donna. What a great story. Have fun just being alone on the mountain. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Jewel
August 8th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Happy Anniversary! May the Lord bless you both and give you many more years to come.

CrazyMtnLady
August 8th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Thank you all for your blessings.

Bubby
August 8th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Donna, Wishing you and Hubby a very Happy 8th Anniversary. Youlook like theperfect couple! When Jeff and I got married almost 5 years ago, we got married like Nana and did it the way we wanted.... Simple! We eloped to Eureka Springs and got married in the parlor of a Victorian house. Jeff wore a camo shirt, jeans and cowboy boots and I wore black jeans, a sweater and heels (which came off as soon as the I Do's were said and I slipped into my boots). It was simple, sweet and enduring.

Enjoy your specal day!!!

lilmouse
August 8th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Happy Anniversary...love the pic and your plans sound perfect to me for a way to spend the day together

pcbatiks
August 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Congratulations and happy anniversary....hope you have a good one!

Loonwatcher
August 8th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Happy anniversary. Enjoy your evening.

phoots
August 8th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Happy Anniversary!!! You two look so happy!!! Have a great day/night!!!

Pam in Vegas

Sandy Navas
August 8th, 2012, 07:13 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! What a wonderful story - may you have, as said above, 8x8!!!

I do have to share. You know how you have this preconceived idea of what someone looks like? The blonde in the picture above is NOT the Donna in my mind. That may be the Daniel, but it is definitely NOT the Donna I have been picturing. I would have sworn you had short dark hair with loose curls . . . I'll have to see if I can dig out the picture of me when I had my platinum blonde bleached job . . .

nurrsey
August 8th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Nice story...I have a friend and her family that use 143 at the end of all their Facebook posts....I had to ask what it meant.

CrazyMtnLady
August 8th, 2012, 09:28 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! What a wonderful story - may you have, as said above, 8x8!!!

I do have to share. You know how you have this preconceived idea of what someone looks like? The blonde in the picture above is NOT the Donna in my mind. That may be the Daniel, but it is definitely NOT the Donna I have been picturing. I would have sworn you had short dark hair with loose curls . . . I'll have to see if I can dig out the picture of me when I had my platinum blonde bleached job . . .

How funny! I have NEVER had short dark hair...LOL.. this pic is the shortest I think my hair ever has been. It is now down the middle of my back but still blonde (okay...there is a bit of gray in there too). I did dye it red once....never again!....

Ginny B
August 8th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend your anniversary.

Ginny B

mommadeb
August 9th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Happy anniversary. Have a great day!

rebeccas-sewing
August 9th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Congratulations, Donna! That's a darling wedding photo! Have fun with the romantic evening you have planned. Sometimes, just staying at home alone together is better than anything else one can plan.

BellasQuilts
August 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Aw, happy anniversary to the both of you and many,many more!