PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday already!

Blondie
August 8th, 2012, 07:24 AM

Happy Wednesday everyone

Dr day here, so I will be brief.

Shirley, still praying for your Mom. Cellomom, hope your finger is going to heal fast!
Cyndi, arms around you for your loss. We just found out that one of my Daddy's kin died last Thursday and no one told us. It broke our heart when we heard on Monday night. Don't know why people think we know everything. Shameful! And to make it all worse, we were told by one of my cousins who DID know (another one who thought we knew), there were TWO people there. My cousin and the man's son. What in the world?!?!?!

I am praying for each sister and brother here. Hoping that your day starts off with a smile and ends with a good belly laugh. The kind I had last night when I saw Sandy doing our favorite Rain Dance. Yep, that is the type that really makes your sides and belly button hurt in a good way.

And Sandy, my sensitive sweet Josh does not have a temper. Actually none of my three have much of one. They take after me, their Mom. Now, it takes a lot of prodding but when I DO lose my temper, watch out. I am like a match. Burn hot and then poof. I can't remember the last time I really lost my temper. Oh wait, yes I can. When Mommy climbed on the roof and I found out my SIL was holding the ladder. Yes, like I said, hot and fast. No one close to us will ever forget that. I sure hope that SIL doesn't. So, mm, yeah, my kids are pretty easy going and have always been fun for me to be around. That is why it was so hard to let them grow up and leave me.

S - M - I - L - E

rebeccas-sewing
August 8th, 2012, 07:40 AM
That's me too, Blondie! I rarely lose my temper. When it happens I hate myself after. Actually, it is said that losing your temper is bad for your health. Some people say it's better to blow up and get it off your chest. The unfortunate part of that advice is one's blood pressure goes through the roof. Staying calm is the way to go. My dad had a bad temper. Guess what? He's been gone 20 years dying right after his 70th birthday. My mom was the happy one. Very seldom did she get angry and lose her temper. She lived to be 91. As you always tell us, Blondie, keep smilin'. It's much better for longevity!

nurrsey
August 8th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I am like you too Blondie, a fast fire then extinguished quickly. Getting ready for work here but had to check the flavor of the day (as I call it) first. Has anyone used the binding tool? When I did binding the first time I watched a u-tube video and read my quilting bible and it turned out perfect so not sure I need it, but it is a good deal.

DD is back in the hospital for horrible headaches, they are trying something new. I hope it works, this is the 4th hospitalization in 1 month. Good news is that they do not believe the tumor is cancerous so now the headaches can be treated.

I will say prayers to all the wonderful folks here. Have a good day doing whatever you do!!

Monique
August 8th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Good morning Blondie, Rebecca and Jeanette. I don't lose my temper either. Hubby used to blow a gasket, but doesn't any more.

Another rather smooth day at work. A few mistakes made but nothing drastic. The post office is so very quiet this week. Shouldn't be. Oh well, I get paid just the same.

Came home yesterday for lunch, which hubby had ready for me. I brought pizza home for a treat.

I quilted and I am almost done the baby quilt. I will get pictures up soon.

I will spend my free time from work (11-3) at my friend's again. Lunch and cards. What could be better than that!!! Oh and I showered at home today and everything seems to be fine with the water, THANK GOD!!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

MRoy
August 8th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Good morning! I used to be more quick tempered than I am now but I decided it wasn't worth it and I've been much more peaceful since then. Whew, a gulp of coffee went down the wrong way a few minutes ago. I don't remember ever getting strangled so badly. But I'm still breathing and can talk so I guess I'm okay.

It's Hump Day...make it a good one!

meemeecyn
August 8th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Good morning, all my quilty friends. Can not believe the summer is going by so fast.

Blondie, you are such an inspiration to all! Would never believe you have a temper or a mean bone in your body. Getting angry at your SIL was a natural reaction to seeing your mother in a precarious situation. It is because you love her and want to protect her.

I am off with the DGD's today. Will visit a thrift store with cheapo magazines and they had tons of old quilting ones(29 cents each)! Great way of recycling, wouldn't you say?

Cynthia

cyndiofthevortex
August 8th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Thank you for all the prayers and well-wishes for my sadness. I am feeling much better. My step-dad was a good man and I'm so happy I knew him. I will miss him and be sad but not in the wallowing way I was yesterday. A good cry can be so cleansing.

Jeanette, I hope they find out how to help your DD with her headaches. I'm sorry that she is suffering like she is.

I have two appointment today so I will be out of the house this morning and this evening with a little sewing time in the middle of the day. Time to get the backs pieced for the sunflower quilts. My matra is "Do The Next Thing" and it's helped me get lots of quilts finished this year instead of them all ending up in the UFO pile like they used to. My funky little Fried Eggs quilt is in the UFO pile but maybe that's where it was meant to be all along. We'll see!

toggpine
August 8th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Morning All!

It's another day of county fair judging for me at Gray's Harbor County fair in Elma. Cute little town. This is the third year for the department superintendent. It started out really rough the first year, and I can at least say she didn't make the same mistakes the second year. We'll see what improvements lie in store for us this year.

I hope you all have a great day and can sneak in some stitching someplace!

Hugs all around!
Cathy

SuziC
August 8th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Good Morning to All: Just waiting for my 3 yr old Gson to arrive. A full day of playdough, stories and swimming!
Hoping to get in some quilting at nap time???? Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!

Sandy Navas
August 8th, 2012, 10:29 AM
It's raining, it ain't pouring, but what the heck? It's WET. Sure hope we get more before it all blows away.

Another day with the DGDs - two have to finish up their Pinata paper mache work and then we'll move on to doing macrame friendship bracelets today. Maybe they will be less messy and quieter??? You think?

Working on a couple quilt labels I've promised. Why isn't there a percentage sign in my alphabets? Slowed down the process but Al managed to digitize one for me. Sure hope it works. I'll be testing today.

Wish I had a metal rod attached to my spine - I feel like everything is collapsing on me - change in the weather always makes my bones, joints, and muscles ache. Woe is me. Getting old is tough for this old bird.

Off to see the wizard. Have a wonderful day. I'm sending prayers for those with health issues, those with family who have medical problems, those who have losses that are tough to bear, those who have aches and minor pains and just have to share, like me. I love you each and every one . . . you mean SPECIAL to me.

Lisaau
August 8th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Sigh!!!! ..l cant catch a break woke this morning with a roaring sore thoart... the dreaded lergy has found me and just when the weather turns icy cold again and it was only 7 degrees celsius ( around 43 degrees farenheit)..today and thursday its suppose to snow on the mountains 2 mins from me and tues was so nice and like early spring ...sigh!!!....3 wks to go hurry up spring ...we are sick of your brother winter......... So tomorrow l'm going to be staying indoors with my central heating on 23 or 24 degrees celsius ....rugged up probably watching a movie or 2...

Lonna
August 8th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Good Morning All,

Just another work day here for me. But that is ok as I know how blessed I am to have the job that I have. Other then having to work six days a week this is a great job. Sounds as if there are a lot of plans with GrandChildren today. I hope you all enjoy your time together. I am hoping to get to see mine this Sunday at least for a short time. I did order the deal of the day yesterday as I think it would make a wonderful quilt for my youngest grandson. He is that all boy little boy. He loves to be outside and on the move all the time. Last time he came for a visit he was out under the oak tree with is big brother (Bradley and his Pa Paw Wayne. This is the conversation that I over heard. Alec "what is that big stone right there for?" Wayne "Well that is where little Abby is buried" (our little dog we lost on thanksgiving day this past year) Alec with really big eyes " lets dig her up I want to see the bones" Bradley "Alec you are sick". So anyway I think that a quilt full of bugs will be great for him. Now I just need to find some fabric for Bradley he is my I rather be inside playing computer games kind of boy he is 11 so not really sure what to do for him. If you have any suggestions please send them my way.

Well Ladies blessings and prayers to all and your familys. Have a great day and enjoy one another.

CrazyMtnLady
August 8th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Wonderful Wednesday to you all.

Blondie and Cyndi: sorry for the loss each of you has had in your family. Hugs and prayers to you both.
It is going to be a very lazy day here on the mountain. It is our 8th anniversary and we decided to not do a thing if we can help it. LOL. Will watch some Olympics and relax.

I may do a bit of sewing today but probably not much. I still have a pillow to repair for the same neighbor I made the Crown Royal pillow for. I want to get that done so I can concentrate on some UFOs.

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers all around.

Granny Judy
August 8th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Lonna, make Bradleys fabric bright & cheerful. I'm thinking the "burried treasure" theme (layer cake) would make a nice quilt for Him. If computer games are his love, then this fabric fits the adventure of finding stuff .. Or the "Owl be there' (layer cake) since he seems to be very wise.

auntiemern
August 8th, 2012, 01:43 PM
So sorry for the losses. It is never easy. Today I go to the doc to hopefully find out what the heck is going on with me. Hoping I don't have to go somewhere else to get more tests done. Just want him to tell me lupus is acting up and just need to get in back in check. Feels like I haven't been able to do anything productive for ages. Got to get better cuz I have things to do. No time to feel lousy, and feel sorry for myself. Hugs and blessings to all, and prayers for those in need whether they know it or not.

quiltingtrish
August 8th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Hi everyone~~
Been reading and praying for those needed - popping in and out and trying to get something accomplished.
I am starting a crib size (to hang on my wall) Cathedral Windows after that project being on my list for way too many years. I pulled out my Teals and creams from the stash. Katie said if I decide to do a king size that is scrappy because "really mom, scrappy will be lots more fun", that she will help me. So that is planned too. With her PT for her knee, wisdom teeth coming out sometime in the fall, and now the promise of helping with a king size Cathedral Windows quilt, something tells me she will be here for awhile longer than she planned. That's a good thing.
Along with other quilty projects to get finished before school starts, I am trying to make the most of my time.
We also now have a pet baby squirrel. The dog found it and looks like it might have a broken leg. Of course Katie is playing mom to it and named him Alfred. It is big enough that there was no real mom around and looks so scared like it is letting her pet him. Even falls asleep when she strokes his head.
Well, off here to see if I have enough of the cream fabrics I need. They say I need 9 yards for the crib size of the background and really don't want to go out and buy more if I have it here. I stopped in to see my sister yesterday and popped into Joanns and Hancocks. They both had the porrest selection of cream fabrics (don't want to use muslin), that the only thing I came home with was a yard of Green Bay Packer fabric for a pillowcase for Christmas and a plastic embroidery hoop. I was contemplating a trip into Lancaster but really - 3 hours of driving to get a great selection and save some money - think I'll wait on that awhile. But, I LOVE Lancaster so I just might have to make that trip anyways!!

Gab, gab, gab - better get moving here, the days is a'wastin'.

Hugs,

Lonna
August 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Granny Judy those are two great ideas. I am thinking along the line of Burried treasure right now. I will have to wait a couple of weeks before I can order. So I will see what else is out there between now and then. Thanks so much.

Madeforyouinma11
August 8th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Good afternoon! Prayers out to everyone that is ill and to those who have lost loved ones. Blondie, I too am like you.. I say what I have to and then it's done. Although Fred and I, in the 7 years that we have been together, 3 of them married, have never had an argument. Talking it out saves us from that. Anyway, yesterday I had plans of food shopping, painting my cabinets and sewing. I did all that and added some weeding into the mix. I was going to make a card trick quilt but changed it to a D9P. The card trick really needs to be cut out, not using charm squares, just easier. That will go on my to-do-list. Today is more of the same like yesterday, except no food shopping and more sewing. Well, I'm off but will check in later to see what's going on...I'm nosey that way,Hahaha
Good thoughts and prayers to everyone, and hope everyone has a wonderful day! :)

lilmouse
August 8th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Hello All,
Missed everyone yesterday.....drove to Marion to see my daughter and grandkids before surgery next week....my DD is upset because she can't come down for the surgery and I told her I didn't expect her to; she has 3 little ones under the age of six and two step children as well....she's a busy stay at home mom and also does home schooling....we spent the day yesterday as a "sew day" and got a lot accomplished...I made another JR top and a boxed pouch bag...(yeah; I can now do zippers)..opens up a whole new world for me....passed on a lot of totes and such due to zippers but no more...going to look online for some patterns...want to make a scrappy purse for myself....learned the zippers from craftygemini blogspot...I think someone here posted the link and I had to see what it was all about....sure am glad I did
You all are such great friends to have...generous and kind and willing to do for one another and I really like that....I have a recipe to make your own laundry soap if anyone is interested...just PM me.
Saying prayers for all; you have a wonderful day...I have house cleaning and a Doc appt today so won't get much sewing in but may be able to later this evening. take care and know you are in my thoughts each and every day......:icon_wave:

Blondie
August 8th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Hey everyone
Just back in from a day in the city with Mom and Sis. After the eye dr appt which lasted much longer than we thought, we headed off to find the Habitat Re Store. We do love our junk stores. Wellsir, I found 37 ceiling tiles for the basement plus the cross tie thingies to hold them up. I will need more of course, but got all that for 11.00. Whee dawgies. Went next to Lowe's and found some mini pink daylilies for 25 cents each and some glorious colors of Oops paint for 5 bucks a can. Sis and I will be soon painting her pallet fence. We just love making lemonade out of life. We don't need to see the eye doctor for A YEAR! Hip Hip Hooray! We can now go to the city for a full day of leisure and scrouging around. Mom is the queen of thrifting. I am the queen of dumpster and trash finding. haha. Sis is a close second.

Sandy, your butt nekked maple leafed rain dancer worked this afternoon. We ran into some heavy down pours on the highway. The kind where you really need to pull over but can't see where to pull off - made it home and it looks as if we had some of that on The Hill.

Have a great evening, folksies!