PDA

View Full Version : mammogram

cassie a newbiequilter
August 7th, 2012, 05:56 PM
went for my three yearly mammogram few weeks ago,then had to go and see a consultant.. he said everything seemed ok, even said it in a letter,, then i had to go this week and see another consultant as they had found a small shadow behind my nipple, had an ultra scan but she said it was just a small sist, nothing to worry about, so am just waiting on a confirmation letter,
was kinda worried as my mother had cancer and had to have her breast off when she was 65yrs. she recovered as she lived till she was 90yrs,, cassie

Divine Daisy
August 7th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Cassie, be strong. I will hold my breath with you but I am sure they are on the case now. From experiance I know they don't mess around in this sort of situation. Make sure your GP is fully aware and can follow things up for you.

rebeccas-sewing
August 7th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I know your fear. I've been in the same position. It's no fun feeling so unsure. The waiting is the worst. I got the news right when I got to my mom's house for a three-week vacation. Talk about lousy timing. Waiting it out put a bit of a damper on my visit. I'm just so glad the ultrasound showed that it was just a cist. I'm counting on your news to be good news. Keep us posted.

phoots
August 7th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Cassie, 4 weeks before I got married at 18 yrs old, I found a lump in my breast. They did a needle biopsy the next day and got nothing so a week later they removed it in my doctor's office. It was just a cyst. Now I'm nearly 53 yrs old and I'm doing fairly well. I don't have a job and I do have health problems but no cancer. Be happy!! I'll pray that you get some peace of mind!

Pam in Vegas

Donna F
August 7th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I've also been there. I've had 2 large cysts removed. Nothing came of them thank goodness but the last one was a bit scary. I hate those mamograms. I always said its equal to someone driving a car over my boon while I lay on a garage floor. I have them every year since 19.

Loonwatcher
August 7th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Stay strong and we all hope for the best. I know from personal experience how scary the thought of cancer can be. Sounds like they already know its a cyst so your out of the woods already. Just make sure to ask for whatever you need. Be proactive and ask all the questions you wnt. No question is silly.

Sandy Navas
August 7th, 2012, 08:19 PM
I am glad that it is looking like you are in the clear. Not a great feeling though, is it?

HandsOffItsMine
August 7th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Prayers for you. I know it's scary waiting, I'm a survivor now for 15 years and every 6 months I go through the waiting game for two tests. Positive thoughts my friends and lots of prayers for many of us on this Forum.

Huggers, Ruby

Monique
August 7th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Yup been there myself. It's hard not to dwell on it, until you get the final say. Keep your chin up!

SuziC
August 7th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Boy do i know how you feel!!! Every year i have mine and have to wait at the office for the results as i am "high risk" The waiting is awful but
i would rather know before i leave the office even though it takes about three hours. I just bring a book to read. My appt is this Thurs morning.
Try to always think positive. My MOM use to say "don't waste time worrying until you have to" I will be thinking of you!!!!

Bubby
August 7th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Cassie, My prayers and best wishes are with you. Keep in mind that the vast number of breast lumps are benign, but of course you need to have it checked out. I've had breast 5 lumps removed over the years and they have all been fine. I pray the same for you, Hon. (((Hugs)))

auntiemern
August 7th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Prayers, hugs, and positive thoughts headed your way. Waiting is the hardest part. My doc once told me the longer it takes for the results the better the news. If it was something bad, they would want you to know right away. Cysts are almost always benign so hold on to that thought.

janluna
August 8th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Cassie, I will keep you in my prayers. Try and keep a positive outlook, Honey. Marilyn is right about the time frame. Just make sure you don't skip your checkups and your yearly exam.
Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L. ((((((((((((((Cassie)))))))))))))))

nurrsey
August 8th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Prayers to you Cassie. Please keep us updated.

cassie a newbiequilter
August 8th, 2012, 05:04 PM
thanks people for the happy thoughts,,:icon_bigsmile: and my best wishes go out to all who have suffered and still are suffering,, :icon_hug: to all

pcbatiks
August 8th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Cassie, will be praying for a good report.

sewmuchjan
August 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Good thoughts coming your way Cassie.. All of us have had something like this one time or another, including me, it is not fun.

Prayers, Hugs, and Blessing for a good out come.
Love Jan G.

CrazyMtnLady
August 8th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Cassie, I will keep you in my prayers.

mommadeb
August 9th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I know how you feel too. Scary situation. I found out 4 days before my health insurance was ending. The doctor got me in for a biopsy immediately and all ended up well. Only a cyst. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep positive and let us know.

cassie a newbiequilter
August 10th, 2012, 05:45 PM
HOORAY I got my confirmation letter from hospital,,hugs to all,, Cassie

bobw103
August 11th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Phew...so happy for you.