PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Morning

Blondie
August 7th, 2012, 07:06 AM

Good Morning Folksies

Yesterday was an interesting day. My son was late, which was unusual for him. His car kept overheating - he needs a radiator, I guess. He is keeping water and antifreeze in the vehicle. Once he got here I couldn't wait to get my fingers in his hair. He wears it LONG anyway, with corkscrew curls and frizz, which just isn't good looking on a man his age. I cut it until it was manageable, and still long for him. He is skinny as a rail. I don't think he even weighs 140 lbs. It takes all of me to not say, come home and let me take care of you. There are no jobs in our county - we have the highest unemployment in the state - our is a notch over 12 %, so I don't think that is a wise choice right now. Like I said yesterday, kids need to find their own way, and all mine know that my door is always open.

Once Josh left, I picked up Sis and we went to a thrift which was having a big sale. I found a pressure canner - still NEW, all wrapped in it's factory wrapping for $7.00!!!!!!!! I am tickled pink! I also found a few shirts to use for sewing so, yes, it was a good day all around. Still no rain, I am getting ready to do the provberbial rain dance we've been discussing for months. I think that Sandy has the routine down pat.

Tomorrow is another Dr day for Mom. I am hoping that this is our last trip for her eyes forever. Amen.

Now scoot, get your day started or ended or whatever wherever you are at, enjoy it. SMILE. This is gonna be a great day.

quilter.martha
August 7th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Morning to all--
Boy am I ever out of the loop. Having my dad here for 9 days prevented me from more than peaking at the forum for seconds at a time. I have lots of catching up to do. But, the visit with my dad was really good. For an almost 88 year old who lost his wife 8 months ago he is doing really well--real perky and talkative. He really got a kick out of our 2 kitties. They were very playful for him, and one of them took to him in a sweet way. All in all it was a great visit.

Blondie, my son is also as thin as a rail (and he's 6'2") and wears his hair long==really long! He could give a good 12 inches to Locks of Love if he wanted to and still have a good head of hair. I'd prefer to see it shorter, but this is his life! You're so right--they do have to find their own way.

I start teaching tax school for work today. I am so not wanting to think about taxes yet! But, I guess it's time.

Have a great day everyone!

Lisaau
August 7th, 2012, 07:44 AM
ooh god !!!!!.........
now l've got a mental pic of sandy and blondie doing nekkid rain dances....l nearly spat my drink over my laptop

Monique
August 7th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Good morning you three. Blondie, glad you got a visit with Josh. Martha, sounds like you had a marvelous time with your Dad. Glad to have you back. Lisauu, glad it didn't come out your nose.

I did not start off well yesterday morning. As I was getting the shower ready, the pump went wonky and we had to shut if off. A quick trip to MIL's for a shower. Hubby turned it back on later and now seems to work fine. Need another shower tomorrow, so we will see how it works. Pray the well is not going dry!! Work went well yesterday. There really wasn't much to do, not a whole lot of mail came in yesterday as it was a holiday in Ontario. Today will be a different story. I was off from 11am-3pm, so I visited with a dear friend of mine. We had lunch and played cards (Skipbo). I will do the same on Wednesday as today she has a dr's appt. Hubby made supper for a change, to bed early, I was pooped.

Today I will come home for lunch.

I have a mouse that has been calling in. Need to re-set the darn trap with more peanut butter.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

NanaB
August 7th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Morning, all. Blondie--we got a downpour last night; sorry it didn't hit your county as well. Let me know if you need any canning jars. I have a friend who lives on Camp Carefree (near you, I think) and I could probably get her to bring them your way. Had a great meeting at the local guild last night. Carol Britt from Batiks, Etc. showed pictures from their trip to Bali. Those batiks are HAND DYED. The Hoffman Bali Pops are cut by hand, sorted, packaged, etc. by hand. It was such an informative program. Quilt bee today and then lunch with the gals. Need to visit a friend who is having surgery later this week. Have a great day, folks. Love and prayers and hugs to all.

buckeyequilter
August 7th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Good morning....

I didn't get much done on mom's quilt last night as we ended up in the ER with her. She was admitted with pneumonia again. I just talked to her and she said the doctor hasn't been in yet this morning - so maybe we'll know more about what's going on after he comes in.

Blondie....great finds, those pressure canners are expensive.

Well I'd better get back to work. Have a wonderful day - prayers and hugs to all.

CrazyMtnLady
August 7th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Good Morning all. Blondie hope all goes well with your Mom's eye doctor and Shirley, I will keep your Mom in my prayers throughout the day. One of my DH's forum friend's Mother has been in the hospital with pneumonia also, she is 88. I think this air-conditioning is not good for us, especially if you are in and out of it all the time.

Monique: I have the best mouse trap for you. Ava is a great mouser. I got up this morning and went to let TarButt out and there was Ava with her 7 kittens sitting on the porch with a nice big Chipmunk for me! I am glad she is teaching them to hunt. It might be easier to find them homes if the folks know they come from good hunting stock!

Yesterday was a nice leisurely, or should I say LAZY day. DH was totally exhausted from his weekend away and did nothing but lay around watching movies. So I joined him. It was great, just him and me and the dogs!
Today we have to go to town for our usual Tuesday shopping day. I need to get more batting but probably not this trip. I have a birthday coming up so I will definitely have a few things on my list that I want! A trip to Joann's would be awesome. Tomorrow is our 8th wedding Anniversary and I know we are going out to eat. At least we better LOL.

hugs and prayers.

Have a great day.

cyndiofthevortex
August 7th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Hi all,

I'm afraid I am wallowing in sadness this morning. I'm determined not to let it rule the day, so I'm going to keep working on my two sunflower quilts. The reason I'm sad is because my step-dad just recently died. He was 88 and very sick and it wasn't a surprise but I am not only grieving for the loss of him but of my mom all over again. She's been gone for 6 years now. Ah, grief. Why do you come to visit and why do you stay so long? I am thankful, though, that these two people are worth mourning over. Do you know what I mean? They loved me and my mom was especially proud of my quilts. I think of her every quilt I make and imagine what she might say about it.

Sandy Navas
August 7th, 2012, 10:29 AM
The best laid plans of mice and men . . . I have cats but I don't think any of them know what a mouse is. However, if it will help, I'll ship them to Monique for a while.

I am hoping that all those wonderful visits with family come my way soon (other than the DD, DSIL and DGDs). We should be back on track for the monthly meeting of the Jones kids at MY house in a couple weeks. The summers do get all messed up with vacations and other side trips. Wish I had a red-headed, long-haired son . . . I always wanted a red head in the family and had the most serious crush on a red-headed boy in high school. Of course he never looked my way. Mentioned this to his mother one time after I was grown and she told me that I should consider myself very lucky because he had a red-headed temper and needed smacked upside the head all the time. Hope Josh isn't like that.

The girls were absolutely hilarious yesterday. Silly and full of giggles. In fact, quite often they need to be reined in. I gave them foil and had them make 'thinking caps' and their creativity far surpassed anything I thought they would come up with. First project of the week - paper mache - so they had to come up with a design. They elected the giant word ART so each of them will be doing a letter. They spent a good deal of the morning tearing up newsprint and we searched for items to use as the foundation. We'll be finishing the construction of the base today and may have time to start some of the assembly. Anyone purchased wallpaper paste lately? Whew! EXPENSIVE . . . at least I thought so. Also made a trip to HL so they could select their poster paint colors. What ever happened to red, blue and yellow? I think we have a NEON purple, SILVER, Pepto-bismo pink, neon yellow, blue-green, lavendar . . . oh, and ORANGE!

Got a couple quilt labels to stitch up today if I can trust these three alone with wet paper and paste. Other than that I'm floating.

Here's to everyone who can feel my love and hugs. Prayers going out, warm thoughts for all. Dancing in the nude with hopes of enough rain to save the trees.

http://cheezpictureisunrelated.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/wtf-pics-naked-in-rain.jpg

Lisaau
August 7th, 2012, 10:54 AM
OMG!!!! l'm laughing so hard l'm gonna pass out lolol.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!! LOL Sandy your priceless....l'll be back l need the ladies room HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

ginampls
August 7th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I wonder if this lady uses her slicker in the shower...oh my...she sure is something...

i have a bogged up day...up got DD off to summer school.. then DBrothers got up oldest has dr appt...then pick up DD from sum. school. then i go to work til 2pm... then dash home.. grab DD for grocery getting.. then back home..make 2 cookie sheet of chix wings...500 degrees for 30 min.. then block party....

but i already set Mom's hair. trimmed mine...got DD to school made her a breakfast..now i must eat.. do face and hair for me...then off to work..4 hours of fabric yarn and crafts...then (see above)....

Cindi sorry for your loss.

Madeforyouinma11
August 7th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Good morning everyone! Sandy, you are too funny..
Well, I was supposed to paint cabinets and sew yesterday, but other plans were made. Hubby had yesterday off so hubby, myself, DD, SIL, my step grandson and our dog Benny, went to the park. The guys played disc golf and my daughter and I took the dog on a 4 mile walk on the trails. By the time we got home it was time to shower and have dinner. Then there was the cleanup and today was trash day so we got that together. By then I was too pooped to do anything else. Hubby goes to work tonight so after a quick run to the store, I will be in the sewing room.
My son never liked long hair, even as a little boy he would ask me to cut it. He lives in Florida now and still has a buzz cut.
Monique, good for you for setting traps, mice is one of my fears! Don't like them at all. We had a problem a few years back and told my hubby that I was moving out til they were gone if he didn't get rid of them quick....he did. Lol
Cyndi, I'm sorry that you are so sad. I lost my dad 23 years ago and mom 14 years ago just this past Friday. I still think about them both everyday. It's easier than it used to be but I still miss them both very much. I try to focus on the good times and all the memories and I'm very thankful to have them...not everyone does.
Shirley, I hope your mom is ok. Extra prayers for her today.
Well, off to the store and then back to my card trick quilt. Has anyone else made one of these? I would love to see pics!
Good thoughts and prayers to everyone and hope everyone has a wonderful day! :)

pcbatiks
August 7th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Wow and yikes......Sandy I wasn't expecting that picture when I was scrolling through the post! Too funny!

Granny Judy
August 7th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Geez whiz, I was covered when I took that walk in the rain!! Didn't know I'd be snapped or I would have had my hair done....
(Sandy you are a muse of the triple A kind)

Finally feeling better after some down time with back pain. I canned a 1/2 bussel of Peaches Sat and lifting those jars & hot water pans must have set off a weak area in my lower back. Spastic and broken was my new words for this condition. Thankfully I had some PILLs to take care of the problem. Only it makes me sleepy... But the Peaches turned out YUMMY.. 2 dozen Pint size jars full.

HandsOffItsMine
August 7th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Sandy, my coffee was ready to come out of my nose and I'm talking about that other photo that came in my email. ROFLOL This one was pretty funny as well!

Cyndi, I feel for you as well. I've been out of sort as well, as Miss Betty (the grandmother of our son-in-law) has been nearing the end this last week. Which has brought back the memories of my Mam and she's be gone 13 years Dec 21st. I know how you feel. (((Cynthia)))

Yesterday was a day of Joy and Sadness...

Oliver turned 2, our Ollie's day started off with everyone singing and pancakes with two candles as big brother Zander started school. He got calls from us in Hawaii and his greatgrandparents in Holland. Of course we really miss not being there, hopefully we will be there next year if all works out. Birthday dinner out and a big Thomas the Train theme cake for dessert. Mommy & Daddy got him a train table, we got him a kitchen/restaurant center - hopefully he'll be entertained for hours. lol

Sadly Miss Betty passed around 5:30 pm after spending 7 weeks at the Hospice at age 80, she did get to see Penelope Layne and we were blessed to meet her as well. Her daughter Beth was at her side and she went peacefully. On Sunday, all her grandchildren and greatgrandchildren went to see her, she was able to recognize them, say she loved them.

Not a nice wonderful thing to conincide on one's birthday however Oliver is too young to realize this for many years. God has taken Miss Betty to join him and she will be Oliver's Guardian Angel for life. :) Oliver did make her laugh a lot with his cute smile and kisses with his passie.

Today will be spent on the phone with family in Georgia.

Prayers for those in need. Huggers, Ruby

rebeccas-sewing
August 7th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Sandy, That photo was quite a shock after watching on TV all those rock-hard bodies at the Olympics!!! Hahahaha!!

Not much going on here. Joe's in Norway on business. I'm working on my secret santa gift for my quilting buddy whoever he/she may be. All I have to say is I am not pleased at all with the paper-piecing templates on this project!!! I've managed to alter the patterns so it all works but not an easy task! Good thing Christmas is a ways off yet.

My older daughter is feeling it. She went up north to visit a friend for a baby shower. (They loved the sailboat quilt I made for her baby. It's blue and green flannel in my albums.) I guess she was seeing how much fun the family was having. She called and said she was having a difficult time with us being gone so long. Gosh, I felt terrible, but I told her I'm not staying over here permanently. I said I'd be home for a visit soon and we'll all be together for the holidays. Poor kid. I think I mentioned that she had Laser surgery a few months ago. The treatment for the areas not reached by surgery is to medicate her with hormones that have thrown her into full-blown menopause at the ripe old age of 25. Crazy!!! I sure hope it's working. I think the medicine is probably causing some of her depression. It's amazing to me!!! When she was a teenager she hated me. Now she misses me. A mom sure can't catch a break!!! LOL

auntiemern
August 7th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Blondie, hope all goes well with mom. Do not like mice either. Cyndi, totally understand how you feel. Coming up on my mom's 1 yr anniversary since we lost her. Sandy, I do believe we were sisters in another life. Have had the GK's fro the past 2 nights and really need a break. Got call in to doc to see if I can get in sooner. Fingers crossed, and praying. Taking them home in a bit, but don't think I will get anything else done today. Just not quite feeling up to it. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need whether they know they need them or not.

Blondie
August 7th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Dancing in the nude with hopes of enough rain to save the trees.

http://cheezpictureisunrelated.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/wtf-pics-naked-in-rain.jpg

And once you stop dancing, put your clothes back on Ethel . . .

Sandy Navas
August 7th, 2012, 11:19 PM
PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND DEAL WITH IT!!!

See, Blondie even has me cracking up!!

You have no idea how much I love each and every one of you . . . but just wait. The BEST is yet to come.

"Ethel! Ethel! Get back in here and put some clothes on! ETHEL!"

"Aw, shut up Fred!!"

K. McEuen
August 7th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Hey! That woman is the raincoat must be Canadian, she's sporting a maple leaf.

janluna
August 8th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Love the pictures!!!!!!!!LOLOLOL
Donna, Happy Anniversary!
Prayers being said for Blondie and Shirley's Mamas.
Cyndi and Ruby, I'm so sorry you both lost someone dear.
Rebecca, I can totally sympathize with your DD. I had to have a hysterectomy at age 25. Not fun. The aftermath isn't fun either. I'll say prayers for her. And for you, as I know how it feels to want to be in two places at the same time.
Gina, My Darlin, welcome to Motherhood. The older they get, the busier you'll be. Wait until high school!
Love you all, saying prayers for everyone. Hugs, Jan L.

lilmouse
August 8th, 2012, 05:45 AM
All right ladies...I have tears in my eyes...I laughed so hard!

KiltedQuilter
August 8th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Hi all!
Just popping on for a quick hello! This week(starting on Saturday) has been a bit hectic here, hubby's car broke down leaving him an hour away from home-just before a long deserved two days off, guess what we did those two days? yup took the car to the garage and had it fixed. We were supposed to be meeting up with friends, have to tell you that did not happen! :(

My son got his exam results yesterday though so that was a good day, he did VERY well! So I'm a VERY happy mommy! Going to treat him to Batman and some lunch today.
We go off on holiday up north of Scotland(the wilderness) on Saturday morning, so if I'm not back on have a great week(next) everyone, stay safe! :)