• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • searchfamilies
    Batting Beauty
    • Jul 2012

Good Morning All

Good Morning All
    I hope that you all are bright eyed & bushy tailed this morning, rather overcast in my part of the UK & rain is expected with it being heavy showers some prolonged

Not sure about anyone else i not finished the project i am working on but am thinking of other ones, i do have a rule i can't start another project until i finish what i am working on only time i broken this was when i been waiting on supplies or when i did two tops for a challenge on my online quilting group so i didn't know what i was going to do with them at the time but it wasn't long before i decided they make good ones for my niece's children so they got used

I only have one project on the go at a time mostly because of space if i did more i wouldn't know where i could put them until they are finished, so i been thinking & been reading a book & it was saying about wall-hangings & i don't have any no space but in a book i saw some above the bed so i am hoping to do some wall-hangings in the future it will also help me try out things which i wouldn't go for but being smaller i can also i can do some seasonal ones where i have not really done much apart from Christmas.

Well i hope you all will have a great day in whatever you may do & if you have to go out to work do remember to save some for the others lol
    Hugs Janice
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Re: Good Morning All

Good morning Janice. It was so freaking hot yesterday it was hard to do much of anything. We did get some much needed rain but still not enough. The humidity and hot temperatures have left. We actually used the blankets on the bed last night. Oh my, what a lovely breeze there was.

I work all this week, right through until Saturday. As far as I know, I will have the grandchildren for the weekend. Jodi and her girlfriend will be visiting a friend's cottage not too far away. We will pick the girls up on Friday night and return them on Monday. WOOHOO!! Need a baby fix!

I did work on the baby quilt yesterday amidst the sweating. It is made of flannel and it is hot on your lap. LOL!!

That is about it for me for today. Have a wonderful day!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• searchfamilies
      Batting Beauty
      • Jul 2012

Good Morning Monique, i would love to say we had hot weather they are saying from around Thursday it will be warmer, we are below average for the time of year & still having so much rain up in the borders of Scotland they had floods with the main road in one town becoming more like a river

Its nice having the DGC especially when they are young my lot are grown up fast still have little ones but the eldest was 18 last week

I love using flannel on quilts but getting the sort of quality i have had from the USA is not easy here in the UK i have started to get it from the USA but have to watch the cost or i get hit with Import Duty, Tax & postage handling fee

I been pottering around i got my 3rd load of washing on & been doing a tidying up of sewing table as well as doing other bits this morning

Well have a great day take care
      Hugs Janice

Comment

• Margok
        9 Patch Princess
        • Aug 2010

Good Monday morning to you all. I am in the midst of a project that has me hanging up in the air. I had the germ of an idea and Thursday started a Brickwork design using a variety of Kaffe Fassett's Stripes from India already cut into rectangle from another project. I have been wanting to use them since December. Well, finally noticed and bought a pattern in a LYS 40 miles away, and decided to use his Millefiori in many colors cut in rectangle to match. This is a bold approach not knowing how the rectangles will work other than the color pallet in each are the same. The rounded flowers in the pattern are a nice contrast. But when you go off on your own with a pattern you suffer doubt and evauate as you go to see if it works. This part of the design is dictated by the number of rectangles that exist. So now, two rows to go and I need to find a border, decide on the size so that it becomes usuable. It feels like a rollercoaster ride, with out the screams. My creative life is exciting.

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2011

Good Morning to you Janice.
          I wish I could say I only have one project going at a time...but.......I have my black and white quilt to finish FMQ on, the yellow bumblebee child's quilt, and I have 4 baby quilts and a table cover I still need to sandwich and quilt. I also have some tissue holders ready to finish. I received my order from MSQC and I want to get started with that fabric too. I am BAD.....BAD....BAD!!!!
          Donna
          MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• searchfamilies
            Batting Beauty
            • Jul 2012

Sounds very interesting for sure
            Hugs Janice

Comment

• searchfamilies
              Batting Beauty
              • Jul 2012

I do only one project at a time because of space i am the same with my knitting as well i saw my mum have too many on the go at one time i know i would make mistakes if i had more than one
              Hugs Janice

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2011

I have three in different stages. One sandwiched, one cut, laid out and ready to sew the pieces together and one set of fabric starched and in the fridge waiting to be ironed. I like to switch from one machine to the other and when I am doing embroidery machine work I like to have something else going so I can stay busy while the embroidery machine does its thing.
                Of course I have about a dozen in my mind with the fabric just waiting patiently for inspiration to kick in.
                I made a cute cat quilt and sent it to a friend in California and today I got a check from them that I was not expecting. Now I have some money to buy more fabric and it will go to good use for a Project Linus or Quilts of Valor quilt.
                Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• searchfamilies
                  Batting Beauty
                  • Jul 2012

I am also one or two projects ahead plus many more rattling around in my head well not much else in there lo
                  Hugs Janice

Comment

• bakermom
                    Missouri Star
                    • Sep 2010

i'm kind of in between now too. finished a baby quilt for a friend last week, and sewed the binding on another. i have a pattern to make a kindle cover for DD as a surprise but can't get excited about it now that i have time to work on it. still hand quilting my DWR, but really it's been too hot and sticky to do much with it either.
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• searchfamilies
                      Batting Beauty
                      • Jul 2012

Hi Bakermom i will ask what is properly a stupid question what is DWR
                      Hugs Janice

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2010

I imagine many of us are in the same boat. I know I've got quite a few complete projects sitting around waiting for a home. Plus I've got a number of unfinished projects. Only because I don't want to store all that bulk. I figure when it's time to give a gift then I'll finish a project and give it.
                        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• searchfamilies
                          Batting Beauty
                          • Jul 2012

I have in the past done a Gift Stash which was for Quilting & Knitting projects & that what most of the family got that year i am not so ahead yet so don't have anything in the gift stash as yet but will start shortly for both crafts
                          Hugs Janice

Comment

• lilmouse
                            Missouri Star
                            • Feb 2011

My rule used to be one project at a time....usually will get the top done; then start another one...will make little things in between; for example 10 minute table runner or something quick and satisfying.....then go back to the bigger project...currently have nothing in the gift pile....one quilt awaiting quilting (all pinned and ready to go) another one awaiting borders and then pinning and waiting for quilting...another one waiting for pinning and quilting...I better get off this computer and get busy...maybe this evening will be spent layering quilts...should have three or four waiting for quilting...have to get one done for GD's birthday nest month..quilt top is done but that is all.
                            Everyone have a great day!

Comment

• searchfamilies
                              Batting Beauty
                              • Jul 2012

Yes i try to do some smaller projects after a big project as well a 10 minute table runner sounds very interesting
                              Hugs Janice

Comment

Working...
                              X